Writer Support 254 members · 942 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Greetings, all. Well, I'm putting together a Star Wars story called "Kneel Before The Dark Lord," starring Lord Starkiller (this guy)

Long story short, the Empire shows up and tries to kill Starkiller and subjugate Equestria. At some point early on in the story, I plan to have Twilight fall to the Dark Side and become Starkiller's Sith apprentice. Question is, how do I do it? One solution I thought up was during the initial invasion of the Empire, Flash Sentry dies in Twilight Sparkle's arms, as they had been boyfriend-girlfriend since not long after the first Equestria girls movie (although I plan to have Twilight fall in love with Starkiller at some point). This causes her to snap like a twig and give in to the Dark Side.

Now, while I'm confident in this option, I'm not confident in how it'll go over with people, because of Brad/Flash Sentry. So, I decided to turn to you guys to see if you had any other suggestions for Twilight's fall to the Dark Side.

You would have build up to that and conflict, you realize. At the very least, one of the Bearers of Harmony would have to be killed while Twilight watches, in order to spark the conflict. Perhaps, it can be during Pinkies party for Starkiller. As she's reeling from the loss, and the battle has started to pick up, with a few more main and secondary character deaths betwixt, her attention is called back by Flash Sentry bellowing a warcry. She watches the blaster fire tear through his pitifully obsolete armor.

Her body trembling, she approaches her fallen love interest in a fugue, now showing up with cognitive dissonance to all those force sensitive, as her eerily calm behavior belies the raging tsunami of Dark Magic (Dark Side of the Force) that just starts pulling all her joy away, as a singularity to light.

You have to build up for a few chapters, maybe have Flash, concerned for his Princess, cross the mirror. Have him make his way over to her, asking around for directions, all while showing genuine concern for her wellbeing, seeing as he hasn't heard from her in awhile, mayhaps with Sunset tagging along.

Have you ever considered Darth Sunfall (or similar)? There are a lot of things you could do with this premise, including potential future Starlight Shenanigans.

Oh, I've got plans for that. Two words: Sith Holocrons.

:huaalucardlaughter:

So, I'm not gonna lie, this concept concerns me. It has a really, really high chance of turning into some sort of edgy, wish fulfillment nonsense instead of being a real story. Not to say that it will end up as that, but it's definitely something to be careful of.

Based on what you've got up there, about the only real piece of advice I'm able or willing to offer is that you should probably cut out the romance aspect between Twilight and Starkiller. It seems really unnecessary, heavily leans toward that empty wish fulfillment danger, and would almost certainly detract from the main focus of the story.

For something like this, the main focus should be on Twilight, her experiences, and her slow fall to the dark side despite her natural tendency to resist it. Since you're focusing on Twilight's emotions as the main plot, muddying that with an unnecessary romance sub plot would just weaken the story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5