The Official Batman Fan Group 32 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Plain Hunter
Group Admin

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice review

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

So I’ve decided today that I would finally put my voice out there and make my complete thoughts about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice go out there to be judged outside of me just rambling on like the rabid Batfan that I am. I decided this upon reading a review of said movie on this very site that was completely unfair. I’m not going to say who’s review it was, because I’m not that kind of guy. And I’d like to use this review to try to explain some of the complaints that this movie has, in what I think is happening. Anyways, without further ado I would like to begin this.

Now, I would like to begin this ‘review’ by saying that BvS has an AMAZING opening! What they do with the death of Bruce’s parents is amazing! It’s beautifully shot, and the way they use the pearls is incredible! The entire scene looked like it came right out of the comic books. Zack Snyder does not disappoint with the shots this movie has, as there are plenty of shots that, as previously stated, look like they came right out of the comic books themselves.

Henry Cavill as Superman is great in showing the Superman that worries about people who are terrified of him, the Superman that doesn’t want everyone to see him as a bad guy. He wants people to see that he truly is there to help. Now I’ve watched and read reviews by people who say ‘this isn’t Superman’, and also, ‘Superman would never care about stuff like that’, and I do get those points. (All-Star Superman being the best example of a Superman like that.) And I do in fact think that in Justice League we will see this Superman. Because at the end of this movie we hear Superman say 4 words that show we just might prove that. He says, ‘This is my world’. As in he doesn’t care if people are scared, he will do whatever it takes to protect anybody and everybody, and he will give a 110% effort in every fight he has. (Which means that Superman MIGHT have a mullet at the beginning of Justice League.) But for now, what he's doing is pretty good.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is pretty awesome. She isn’t in the movie for a very long time, and granted the reason she’s in the movie is pretty weak, but for the time she is there you can see she’s a powerful and wise Wonder Woman. She’s definitely an amazing fighter and is incredibly strong, and clearly is incredibly intelligent.

Ben Affleck as Batman is just... Oh man. This might be the BEST version of Batman we’ve seen in a LONG time! I’ve heard people complain on how Batman “kills” in this version. But then I see that most of those same people also like Michael Keaton’s version of Batman... Who murdered pretty much EVERY THUG HE WENT UP AGAINST! Especially in Batman Returns! So a live action Batman that kills isn’t something we’re just now seeing guys. Don’t act all surprised. (Didn’t Christian Bale’s Batman technically kill Two-Face in The Dark Knight? And a bunch of ninjas, and fake Ra’s Al Ghul, in Batman Begins) And the times when people say that he used a gun to kill in the desert scene, I have two words: Dream sequence. And no, I’m not forgetting the Batmobile chase scene or the warehouse scene. Now I just want us to take into consideration that this movie takes place after Batman went through a death of a Robin. So he’s bound to have eventually gone ‘FUCK IT’ to his rules and just decided upon no killing unless absolutely necessary. But that’s not me saying he hasn’t killed a couple people in this movie, no, he totally did that. And he also tried to kill Superman.

And now, for the moment of controversy. (Well... BIGGER controversy.) Jesse Eisenberg (Also known as Mark Zuckerberg on the internet because he was in that one movie from HOWEVER many years ago.) as Lex Luthor. I have to say... He did great in what he was supposed to be. We all know by now that this isn’t the Lex Luthor that we know, the smart and confident business man, the guy that we’re terrified of. No, instead we’re given a Lex Luthor that we just HATE. He’s like that one guy that I know we all know, the one guy that we know we can beat the hell out of, but we can’t because he’s rich or his parents are well known of something. Donald Trump. So he does a great job at playing the Lex Luthor that we’ve never seen, and was intended for this universe. Is it the Lex we’ve come to know for all these years? No. Is it going to please all the fans? No! (Come on, you’d be naive to assume that.) But does it work for what Lex Luthor they were trying to make? Yes! Yes it does! And then there’s the whole ‘what the heck was his plan?’ thing. And it does seem like something that someone would miss upon viewing once, but really I think it’s just as simple as Lex wanted to prove he’s right. And here's why I think that. (Taken from a previous blog of mine)

The cinematography in this movie is freaking incredible, I do have to say. There are some REALLY good shots in this movie and you’d be a fool to say otherwise! The very first scene of the movie, as said before, is breathtaking. The very first scene that introduces Batman is just PERFECT beyond measure. And the entire Knightmare sequence is just unbelievable! The music that goes along with this movie is also incredible as well! Man of Steel and Batman v Superman have continued DC’s trend of amazing scores, thanks to Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL. The music is MUCH better than the Marvel movie’s own... Noise... For a lack of a better word. (I do NOT hate Marvel movies, so don’t start with that. It’s just their music is just not that good. It's just noise in the background.)

The action in the movie was amazing as well, especially the Batman action scenes, which show a Batman who fights just like how we imagine he'd fight. Fast, smooth, moving swiftly through the area and knocking people down with hard hits from his brass knuckled gloves. The best action scene has to be the Knightmare scene, which is just an amazing scene to watch. Wonder Woman and Superman also have amazing scenes of action, most notably during the final fight of the movie.

Now, the movie does have just a couple of issues, I'll say that. I'm not denying that. Such as Superman unable to hear his mother being kidnapped (Though I suppose that's because a scene Zack Snyder mentioned was deleted, but will probably be in the extended Blu Ray version.), or the fact that Lex was able to take control of the Kryptonian ship with Zod's fingerprints (Even though his body was right next to him so why didn't he just use that?)

I believe that Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are being bashed as much as they have been because of the same reason Watchmen was: It just came out at the wrong time. If you want to know just what I mean by that, then this blog has a more detailed explanation. (That is if you care.) Maybe you see it a different way, maybe not. Well anyways, that's what I think about Batman v Superman. My score for this movie is a 9.5/10. Or just a solid 10/10 if you're one of those who don't accept a decimal as something proper to judge movies. It's a pretty awesome movie, and I just can't get enough of it. And you can bet everything you have that I WILL be at the store in July when they release the Blu Ray versions of this movie so I can take it home and watch it as many times as I want.

Anyways, that was this thing. I hope I didn't waste your time. So what did you all think of Batman v Superman? (I'm just assuming you've all seen it, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this blog that clearly at the top says 'SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!') Tell me if you'd like. And I'll see you all soon.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1