Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So, Bernie's got no chance. The math just doesn't add up. There's no way he'll perform strongly enough to overcome Clinton's overwhelming lead.

Ignore the fact that he clobbered her in Washington and Alaska and is looking to do so in Hawaii. Ignore the fact that the only primary Hillary won in the batch before that was in Arizona, where the win was assisted by the fact that independent voters are actively not counted and the major, major problems in terms of people not getting to vote because of intentionally lengthened wait times.

Ignore all of that. Bernie doesn't stand a chance, and Hillary's going to be the candidate.

Just like she was in 2008.

5135163 The media's been underestimating Bernie for the whole time he's been running. They're ridiculously biased in favor of Hillary, despite how well Bernie's doing, and they ignore the fact that he can still catch up to her and get the nomination.

DH7
Group Admin

5135163 I was devastated after the loss of Ohio, Missouri, and Illinois. I was ready to give up on this campaign and curl back into my dark corner, shutting myself off from the world.

The thing is, he still has a chance. Take out the supers-delegates--most of those will switch over to whoever wins the public over . . . just as they did in 08'. The corporate media is trying to use that number to demoralize Sander's supporters, and for the most part, it isn't working. He pretty much has to win just about everything from here on out . . . but the upcoming states are favorable towards him; Clinton has run out of southern states, and it's very possible that Arizona may be the last state that she wins.

The real nail-biter isn't even that Bernie must win almost all the upcoming primaries and caucuses, but that he must do so by significant margins In order to shorten the gap between him and Clinton. The thing is, he curbed-stomped Clinton last night, proving that he's more than capable of exceeding the expectations of even the anti-establishment media.

Congressman Alan Grayson broke it down after what happened with Sanders last big loss, stating that there's 'nothing to worry about', and that there's actually two elections. The first was mostly the deep-south, but if trends continue on as they have been, Sanders will win more delegates than Clinton. Basically, the only thing that has to happen, is for trends to hold true.

So far, it would seem that the cocky representative from Florida may be right.

I'm worried about Wisconsin and New York. Sander's campaign needs to focus on Wisconsin pretty heavily. Luckily, one of his strengths is that he has the funds to do that, even this late in the race. The bias and blatant misdirection of the mainstream media is a joke, but a lot of their ability to do that comes from the truth that this simply isn't a normal election, and it's unusual for an underdog to come this far, and to still have this much strength moving forward.

It's a false narrative: Bernie much drop out because he's splitting the party even though he has no chance. The truth is that Hillary Clinton's campaign is actually in a lot of trouble right now, and at the point where she's on the defensive. The whole board is against her now, and now she's got to play this game of trying to narrow her losses. If she continues to get curb-stopped, and then losses California, a whopper of a state with a massive amount of delegates--something that looks as if it will come to fruition, then she's done for, and this will end up being the race of the century.

A lot of this is purely a psychological game. The corporate media is going to undermine positive outcomes and will try to do anything to demoralize us, because they need voter turn-outs to be low. They need people to give up. The thing is, if things just go on exactly as they have, then he will certainly win.

Don't buy into all the bullshit coming from all sides.

Oh, I'm not - hence my comment at the end about "Just like she was in 2008." Because as people should remember, there was somebody else who ended up being the candidate after Hillary went in with a dominating, crippling lead because of her superdelegates.....

Bernie narrowed Hillary's lead to under 300 pledged delegates last night. I suspect that Wisconsin will go for him - I've already done what I can to make sure that happens by getting out and voting early along with the rest of my family, so I know he's up at least three!

The really interesting ones to watch will be New York and California. California because of its massive number of delegates - either candidate getting whacked hard there could swing the rest of the primary if the other contests are narrow. And New York because, if Hillary *doesn't* win that one, it's basically over for her, regardless of how well she does elsewhere.

I would actually go so far as to say that if she doesn't curb stomp Bernie there, as you so eloquently put it, she should start looking for ways to convince Bernie she'd be a good VP candidate if she wants back in the White House. Because New York *should* be Hillary's breadbasket, vote-wise. She was, after all, their Senator. She only stopped being their senator because she *chose* to step down in favor of becoming Secretary of State - she wasn't voted out. What's more, that's the home ground of her biggest supporters.

Theoretically, Bernie should be creamed there. Theoretically, Bernie shouldn't even be polling at 25% of the voters there.

And yet, he's polling better than that pretty consistently, with almost a third of the voters polling in his favor. And he has outperformed pretty much every single poll in every single state.

April 19 is going to be *very* interesting indeed - I don't necessarily expect him to win, but it's looking like it's going to be much closer than anybody in the establishment wants it to be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4