Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

What'd I miss the past few days?

The Judge
Group Admin

4644080 Would you like to join the nrw TGDTDWWWWWW?If so,click here

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4644080 Exactly how long is 'a few days'? Because there was some drama in the groups 'Foalcon' and 'Sunset Shimmer' that you may have missed.

4644182 How so in either?

Yalwin Khales
Group Admin

4644217 Oh boy, here we go.

I was there for both, but I'm not one with exact memory as it were, so I'll do my best to summarize.

In Foalcon, there was an author who had his story unknowingly added to the group and he wanted it removed because 'eww, foalcon', and Flutterpony didn't take too kindly to that. Flutter felt that the story should stay because it is a valid story to add, and hated that the author was labeling the whole group as pedos in a way. It became a heated argument involving many members. Eventually, the founder of the group had to step in and stop it. He instituted new rules, including one that says if an author wants their story removed, it will be removed.

In Sunset Shimmer, Cryosite wanted to gain some semblance of control over the threads of the group, because for some odd reason, there was none. She wanted to lock a lot of repetitive and moronic threads, and then localize major discussions about Sunset to a few sticky threads. This had come after two threads made by a VERY immature member, and something had to be done. Cryosite's idea didn't have the warmest reception however, and some members felt that she was being a dictator of sorts by not discussing the decision with the members first hand. It became a slightly heated argument, but it ended before it got out of hand. Another mod of the group, Albinocorn, stepped in and instituted Cryosite's idea with some changes. Only some of the threads would be locked, and there would be a directory for members to look to if they wanted to find different discussions about Sunset. Any repetitive or quite frankly, dumb threads, would be locked if they are made.

That's about it, at least from what I can remember. The 'History of Fimfic' group labeled what happened in 'Foalcon' as the "The Great Foalcon Debate of '15", after a pm I sent the founder, Eris. Though, there has yet to be any sort of mention of what happened in 'Sunset Shimmer' yet, I'll probably get on that. The 'Foalcon Debate' thread was deleted unfortunately, but the 'Sunset Shimmer' one should still be around I think, so look it up if you want more details.

4644279 Ah.

Not really sure what to say about the Sunset Shimmer group, seeing as I don't know how many mods or rules they have, but as for the prior I do have a bit of sympathy (or at least understanding) for the author. I think that if a story is placed in a group by somebody other than the author, they should have some say as to whether they think it matches the group's intent or if they're comfortable with it being there.

Then again, I don't know exactly how everything went down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6