Dogs: Man's Best Friend 63 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Murrica!

I think that the pitbull is probably the greatest debate in the Nurture vs Nature debate, being that they have an incredibly bad reputation (much of it deserved) as being dangerous animals. Although I have beard a potential wives' tale that their aggression is because of slow brain development, if the dog is reared to be aggressive or poorly trained, it makes sense that they are going to be little shits as adults.

Much like the Shepherd and the Rottweiler, the dogs needs to be socialized with other dogs and people in order to weed out potential aggression or poor manners, Also, because of underground dog fighting rings (Fuck you, Michael Vick) Inbreeding is a common disorder in Pitbulls.

Facts:

The Breed earned its name from Bear Bating and later Rat Baiting, where the dogs were put in pits with either rats or bears and forced to fight them.

The pitbull is incredibly strong, making them known to be able to scale fences.

Sallie, a pit bull stood guard over wounded and deceased Union soldiers during the Gettysburg.

A true American Hero, the Pitbull was chosen as America's dog many times by representing the nation on recruitment posters as well as being the dog of certified bitch banging, speech spewin, undisputed bad motherfucker, Theodore Roosevelt (Not to be confused by that mentally retarded cousin fucking, economically challenged hillbilly FDR).

In the show, Sons of Anarchy one season finale featured Tig 'I get aroused by the wind' Trager rescuing a dog fighting Pitbull from execution by its master.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2