Goo Ponies 398 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Speaking of, how long does a Goo Pony actually live?
(Compsared with other ponies)

4121569 In my headcanon, they have the same lifespan as slime molds. Which means they live as long as conditions are optimal. When this changes, they go dormant until conditions become suitable for being active again.

4121585 This seems to give rise to yet new questions here.

Slime/goo is not a very well defined substance, which means the ponies are the same way.

The only clear answer is the general consistency of the Goo Pony

Does this imply that they don't die from old age as well?

Does this imply that they don't die from old age as well?

Good question. I never really thought about it. It's possible.

4121621 Woah, you didn't?

I was going with them being alive, all living things die.

I hope that isn't going with this group now.

4121665 I said it's possible they don't die of aging. They could, though, as they're still ponies.

4121675 I kind of like them as regular Ponies, just made up by somekind of gooey substance as opposed to the solid flesh the other ponies were made up by.

Sould make it more interesting to both read and write about.

Although I guess you could have a veriety of Frankensteinian Goo Ponies as well.

4121802 True dat.

4121819 If they are Regular, living Ponies, but made up by Goo, they follow all the rules for living creatures, just like Ponies and Humans.

While if they were made/created, as in the story about Frankenstein, the set of rules could be very different from the once applying to us.

Depending on just how thick the goo is, but what is keeping them together?

4122231 Aside from atomic force, I have no idea how they stick together. Through sheer willpower?

4123159 I guess there would be a few different types of s holding them together.

You could use magic in a mann how the Timberwolves are created. Type 01.
How about some membrane, physical or otherwise? Type 02
Even in a semi liquid state, you could imagine them built up by individual Cells? Type 03
A force, similar to Gravity could also work? Type 04

4123177 It's most likely magic.
I always imagined that a goo pony that was really relaxed would melt into a puddle of slime, and a membrane would prevent that.
The brain in semi-liquid made of cells, so that is also possible.
Strong nuclear force(which is what I meant when I said "atomic force" earlier, I goofed)is a force similar to gravity. They're two of the four forces of the universe.(The others are weak nuclear force and electromagnetic force.)

Tl;dr version: Number one is most likely, but three is also good.

4123215 I merely pointed at the once off of the top of my head.

The Timberwolves arreCanon, this should work for others.
That would depend on the nature of the membrane.
I have a vague memory of these, but just a vague one.

*giggles* Is also GOO-d? or was that Gooed? oh well, who's to say?
How about having different types, based on different means?

4123264 Different types goo pony would probably work, seeing as there are multiple types of regular ponies.

4125204 In what ways would the different types be different?
How does one recognice one group from the other? Colour, Form, Transparency, Solidity, .. ??

4125240 Any of the could factor in. Or maybe there are goo pegasi and goo unicorns.

4125477 So the Three Tribes could be Acounted as Goo Ponies too?
From this perspective, would the Alicorn be just as unusual as withother Ponies?

4125515 Eeyep. Though I doubt there are many goo alicorns, if any at all.

4125612 There are only 4 Pony Alicorns, so with the amount of Available Goo Ponies, that'd take a while until the first is found?

4125638 A very long time indeed.

4125703 In the entire history of Equestria and the Ponies and we only have Four alicorns to show.

Should take about the same time to have any among the Goo Ponies.

Hmmm I don't know, It's kinda hard not to think of alicorns as "Just add wings and a horn mate! Now you can join the ranks of the other two princesses who are over a millennium years old." and if said slime ponies can shape shift even just a little bit, I think it would be pretty easy to get a slime pony alicorn.

4171987 If they did that, they wouldn't be true alicorns. They'd only look the part, and not have all the power.

4171987 I guess you could see it like that.

As to the shape-shifting abillities, they would be like the Changelings. At least as far as the observer goes.
Yet, they are very different, when you get to know them. besides, I imagine the vissual effect is more of melting a cube of jello, then see it reshape and coagulate in the new shape.

From the point of individuality, they would have a few spels of their own. Just as they are slightly different both on the ground and in the air.
Feels natural to assume that they could pick up either shape. If it is just the shape. From the newly revealed magical aspects, would they actually change or are they born with individual powers the same way as any other regular Pony would be?

From the latest in Equestrian Magic, the difference is in how you chanel your magic. It has little to nothing with the physical atributes. if you have the wrong atributes, you would feel crippled, possibly.

On the other Hoof, how does Pinkie pie do all the things she does? She is clearly an Earth type Pony, yet she does all the kinds of magic as she pleases. Including some of her very own.

Actually, the Alicorn is a Combination of all Three brands of magic. Besides, apparenly one can fly without wings, if you have enough power and the required capability or skills for it. Hay, even Pinkie Pie flies, if it is convenient.

I think they live until been destroyed or decade

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25