Birthdayverse 219 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Queen FlutterShy's 750th Birthday

Oh! Black icy night! Oh how they sway to thy dreams! Oh black icy night! Come with me and you will see the reasons for this crimson iced night!

~Hymn of Vamponies: Arpeggio of Screams

"Sangre it's mother's birthday! Wake up we're all getting up so we can bring her breakfast in bed." Came the soft voice of his older brother. Big Mac Jr. who everyone of his 21 younger siblings had all called Bubba B since they were all little newborns, except Sangre. Being a gentle giant like his father had earned him his nickname from his youngest sibling, Apple Teddy. Ever since Sangre was a new born as one of three boys, everyone knew Bubba B was going to get attached to them and help do everything. From their first apple to what had happened only months ago to all of them. A freeze in time.
The family had become a worse form of what they had been. No problem, a change of taste was a simple feat for them. Although father had long since paid the price of leaving and never coming home when he found out.
His children had been out preying on their first night as these strange new creatures. He had found his eldest twins feeding off of the local clockmakers blood in Ponyville. He had yelled to them and seeing only what scared him MacinTosh apple ran as far away as he could leaving town and getting to the border before he stopped. For not all his children had been born into the kind or gentle spirits of their predecessors, he had only settled down for ten years before his children came to silence him.
He however never blamed them, they had all been changed out of no where. Gaining fevers too high to be common flu then having temperatures drop to levels well below what should have been possible. That was when the thirst began to hunger no longer for the innards of apples, but of ponies. He had known of the bat genetics in his wife that had caused it. But this was grimmer, darker... evil.
That was 705 years ago, and today was not a day for that story.
After all it was her birthday...

Autumnschild
Group Admin

Thanks for sharing this with us! I like your dark take on the setting and the characters. It's refreshing because I wouldn't have taken it there, and it helps me look at it all with an expanded mindset. Looking forward to more :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2