Shining and Chrysalis' Foal(s) 139 members · 22 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So we all know the story of the Canterlot Wedding but what if there was a little more going on behind the scenes. Lets say Chrysalis got pregnant with Shining Armors kid and gave birth at some point in-between when she is defeated at the end of a Canterlot Wedding in season 2 and her return in To Where and Back Again in season 6.

After Chrysalis is defeated once again and they have the award ceremony for Starlight and the others in Celestial Advice (season 7 opening) wouldn't it be interesting if the new leader of the changelings Thorax dropped the bombshell on Shining Armor and Cadence.

What would Shining and Cadence do, would they reject or embrace the new child?

What would Chrysalis do, would she even care or would she burn the world to ash to get her child back?

If anyone wants to make a story about this go for it.

I would read that.

I'm new to this group, but which implications for changeling biology do you have in mind? In The Times They Are A Changeling, changelings normally hatch from clutches of many eggs. So I've got some possibilities in mind:

1) Shapeshifted cross-species pairings are the normal way changelings are conceived. Chrysalis laid a full clutch of eggs from Shining Armor's sperm.
1A) There's one special future-monarch like Pharynx in the clutch, and that's the one offered up to Shining Armor and Cadance's custody for [reasons].
1B) Due to injuries Chrysalis sustained from being bug-on-a-windshield-ed at the end of A Canterlot Wedding, only one (or two, for twins) egg(s) survived long enough to hatch.
1C) Just... so many babies. So, so many babies.

2) Shapeshifted cross-species pairings are a special case that results in only 1-2 offspring.
2A) This still results in a normal changeling
2B) This results in a special kind of changeling
2C) This results in a pony/changeling hybrid

If someone were to make a story out of it I'd leave it up to the author.

In my own personal opinion it would depend on If the child in question is a Pony, Changeling or hybrid. If the child is a pony they would traditionally have a live birth which means Chrysalis would only have maybe one or two of. If the child is a changeling then it would likely be an entire clutch of eggs. If it's a hybrid anything goes since we have no idea how that would turn out

If you want to be as close to the shows canon as you can get I would assume the child would be either a pony or changeling. My reason being that the 3 pony tribes seem to work like genes more than anything else. Like how pound and pumpkin cake were born a Pegasus and Unicorn despite both parents being Earth Ponies I see no reason why it would change just because they go outside there species.

Of course if someone wanted to go all out and make a hybrid I wouldn't stop them. I say let the imagination flow through you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4