Trixie is the Greatest Pony 1,109 members · 1,481 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Hey, this is Wave Blaster.

Recently I published Show MUST Go ON!, my very first fiction with Trixie as the main character and focus. It's the tale of Trixie's life from her point of view, but narrated externally in third person. It goes around the idea of not giving up in life and shows Trixie in various moments from her foalhood to the aftermath of Boast Busters.

This is not my first interaction with everyone's favorite showmare. I also wrote her as a prominent side character in Mare-Do-Well Strikes! and as co-protagonist in Showdown! Mazin Trixie vs Getter Dash.

But something that bugs me is that I'm not really sure if I got her character acceptable. So I would really appreciate some feedback, or simply a good talk between friends about a wonderful character we like.

3858689 We don't really get that much of a chance to get to know her considering most of the the times that we do she's either in her stage persona or corrupted by the amulet. At some points she breaks her 3rd person speech and hints that she doesn't always talk like that. Specifically the end of Magic Duel. I haven't read your story yet and I am really excited to, but don't beat yourself up if you think you haven't gotten Trixie right. We only have 2 episodes to go on. We know who ponies like Twilight are because we've spent 4 seasons and 2 movies getting to know her. As long as you do a good job with the character you have now and make a good story to tell, you have gotten Trixie right.

Well, I like to zig-zag it between different fics.

For example, in Showdown... she's in her full 'Great and Powerful' persona, backed up by piloting a robot that has God and devil in its name.
Then, in Mare-Do-Well Strikes! we got a more quiet character, not so different from a background pony, but ultimately revealing that as an act too.
Finally, in Show MUST Go On! I went straight for a composite between both. A Trixie who is like millions of people out there, but gradually fall into believing her own act, which causes her fall from grace and makes her retreat into a complete opposite, only to learn that both extremes are bad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4