Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

In case you didn't know, I often think of story ideas, but because of lack of motivation or time to develop the ideas, I often just place them where they are appropriate and then let anyone who is interested take them.

The story I am thinking of is called "The Candymare Can." and, in regards to our folders here, it would be put into the folder marked "Background and OC." the title is a play on words of the song by Sammy Davis Jr. (Yes, I am fully aware that this song is about Blow.)

This story is based on a story I heard in real life.
The story has two ways it can progress, but the climax is always the same. It involves Bon Bon as a candy maker (other reasons below) making a special type of candy.

1. In this secenario, Bon Bon has at least 2 siblings. She is looking after her niece, Twist, after school and the two are making a special type of candy from Bon Bon's secret recipe. Twist asks why this certain type of treat is so special and why she only makes batches only during one month.
Bon Bon tells Twist that she only bakes it this time of year because it is her brother's/ sister's birthday and that this is their very favorite candy she has ever made. Twist asks for the story, and a flashback occurs.
Long story short, Bon Bon earns her cutie mark by making this one type of treat for said sibling. (maybe have this OC be a foal in a highchair tasting the treats as she makes it.)

2. Bonbon is at her candy store and all of the children buy out all of her treats. She is about to go home for her brother/ sister's birthday, but she realizes that the special batch that she made for them was accidentally sold during the craze for the anniversary candies. So she moves heaven and earth, hell and highwater, and eventually makes up a special batch for her sibling (even though she has been working since the ungodly hours of the morning) and takes them home to her.

Now, this is where the story is always the same:
Be it arch 1 or 2, Bon Bon walks into her house that she shares with this brother or sister, and we learn something that the audience did not know yet. Bonbon's sibling has down syndrome.
The actual defect does not matter, the only thing that does is that this pony cannot live alone, and Bon Bon is the legal guardian and caretaker to them. But, the moral is that she loves them anyway.

The following is personal and has nothing to do with the story:
Now, the reason why I specifically say it needs to have Bon Bon in it is only because the character is often misused and unoriginal. This has nothing to do against gays, but the character is often reduced to being a lesbian or a buzzkill to the spunky and hijinks filled Lyra, or reduced to a sexual object. The reasoning for all of this is because those three traits are super popular, and thus all creativity stops in making anything interesting about her because it is easier to do something that someone else has done.

Either way, please feel free to use this idea if anyone is interested. I want to see the final product, though.

If you really want to annoy the fandom... One of the siblings is Lyra

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Well, if I wanted to piss off the fandom, I'd write Celestia Kills Luna part 2.

In other words, what about the story idea?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4