Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

Thank you for visiting the Charter of the Sibling Story Stockpile! My name is Dancewithknives, and other than our specific rules about our group and fics, you have free reign to do as you please. Always, feel free to contact me privately at any time. I am the head of the group, and instead of a democracy or round robin system, I am seated at the top of the pyramid and will do major decision making. You can come to me with any questions or concerns, just send a message and I will try to get to you as soon as I can.

Story Qualifications

First and foremost, for a story to be declarable for this group, it must involve the theme of a positive bond between two characters who are siblings and has to be apparent in the story, be it the plot or a main theme. They must be related through either law or blood, and the story has to have a "happily ever after" ending. In short, stories can be silly, sad, normal, tragic, or random, as long as they promote and show a number of related individuals being good siblings by the end of it.

By the “Happily ever after” Rule, I am saying that it is obvious that siblings do not always get along, and that may be a part of the story. But the ultimate conclusion of a story cannot have a negative outcome. I.E. think of the Episode "A Canterlot Wedding", Twilight and Shining Armor have a big falling out, but forgive each other by the end. A story cannot have Luna betraying Celestia and banishing her out of revenge and live happily ever after for that is not allowed.

Regret also follows the Happily Ever After Rule if you are writing a tragedy. A character has to grow after they do something to their brother or sister and regret doing it to still fit in our group. Take for example Twilight and Shining Armor are fighting before he goes off to war, and he is killed in action, If Twilight feels terrible for what happened and regrets their last meeting, they still fall under the Happily Ever After rule because she is showing a part of being a good sibling.

Next, to be a brother or sister, two characters must be related by either blood or legal status. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo as well as Twilight and Spike are the only exceptions based on canon. Parent/ child relationships do not count. Also, until decided otherwise, "Brothers in arms" or "Band of Brothers" stories where members of a unit or team of some sort that act like family is not allowed.

Lastly, characters in a story, unless given specific reasons for their strangeness, must be in character, I.E. No Molestia and Lunaughty stories. But, if a story has, for example, Big Mac afraid of the dark and Applejack needs to alleviate him of his fear, then that is acceptable.

How to submit a story:
(At this time, the form is not necessary. I will review each fic individually... although doing one will speed up the approval process... and who doesent like talking about their own work?)
This group has a special type of submission system. Instead of just leaving stories in the incoming folder and waiting for an admin to review the entire thing (which becomes very congested), the new process involves you, the poster, to create a thread in the forum about the story following our simple rubric so that our inspection process can be quick for both parties. here is the link to a breakdown of the form for more information.
(Here is the link right here)

Other than that, the forum is open to all. Feel free to discuss anything relating to the group as well as advertise your fics that are also related. You can discuss characters, ask for help, seek assistance in a story you plan to submit here, or start a game about characters if you feel so inclined. If things get too far out of hand I reserve the right to solve conflicts. Remember though, when making a forum, you MUST put "SUBMISSION: (title)" when you submit a new fic to be processed. This is done to make a speedy fic submission for all parties.

Miscellaneous rules:

Here are just a few other random rules and regulations for the group.

1. Incest is strictly prohibited. No exceptions. This is based on my privilege as founder and I am doing this to create a reputation for my group.

2. Molestation is under probation. If molestation was a key plot point and is not written as clop/ or no graphic details are written then it should be accepted, but it needs to be screened personally. Please contact someone and we will see to it and make a decision. Understand that it is nothing personal, it is just that some people do not want to be surprised by it.

3. At this time, all alternate universe stories, be it TCB, or FO:E to stories that have, for random example, Trixie as Shining Armor's sister, are prohibited. I am doing this to the whole of of the Alternate Universe Genre because i do not want to create a policy that would allow certain stories but bar others because that makes determining canon nearly impossible. If for some reason you believe this to be a mistake on my part because your story is special, feel free to ask me; I am reasonable.**

4.Until proven otherwise, based on personal privilege, stories involving Batponies are under strict scrutiny if they are the focus of the story. This is all personal to me. Changelings, Diamond Dogs, Chrystal Ponies and ETC. are allowed in the O.C. folder, but this doesn't mean you can’t post stories about bat ponies! They just have a different set of rules and a more personal approval process instead of the submission form.

5. Lastly, stories involving excessive gore for shock value, like cupcakes, are not allowed.

Always, feel free to contact me at any time to answer any question you may have.

Breaking rules results in the usual type of punishments, warnings, banning, and perma-ban. I do not wish to exercise these powers unless needed. Stories are allowed to be submitted for as much as one would like, as long as you fill out the correct forms. fallacies in a form result in a story being deleted from the group. Please report if there is any rule breaking to me. Rules are always subject to change as time warrants them to.

That may have been a lot of rules, but please have fun and submit all sorts of stories that involve siblings to the S.S.S.!

Thank you for your time,
Dancewithknives

The Alternate universe Rule has been updated: Alt Uni stories are allowed unless they alter canon in a major way. The new rule is better defined in the forum post about it.Link

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1