Sibling Story Stockpile 130 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

This is a repost from Pokeking95 sent to me via PM
1. Story name: I Promise

2. By: pokeking95 (myself)

3. Suggested folders: Background and O.C. siblings (doesn't really fit anywhere else)

4. Summary: My story consists of dialogue-only snapshots of the sisterhood between Lyra and Lightning Dust, from childhood up to and following the events of "Wonderbolts Academy." It's basically a story featuring a Lightning Dust born into a prominent Canterlot noble family, with Lyra as her loving older sister. There are expectations of Lightning to become a talented musician like her sister, only she is not meant for music. She only wants to fly freely and without being fettered by those expectations. Self-conscious of her supposed inferiority compared to her "perfect" older sister, she becomes more rebellious over the years, ultimately leading to her leaving the family and pursuing her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt. Five years later, she is kicked out of the Wonderbolt Academy and attempts to kill herself shortly afterward, leaving her in a coma. Lyra visits her for the first time in five years, and sobs her heart out and believes she failed as an older sister. Eventually, Lightning wakes up and the two reconcile and reinforce the bond between them.

5. Why the story belongs here: The story is about the strength of the bond between siblings. Most of the story consists of fond childhood memories. Towards the end, the story adopts a more serious and melancholic tone, but one can see that no matter how bad things get, good siblings can always forgive each other and never truly hate each other. Good siblings can count on each other to get through the most trying of times.

6. Evidence: As said before, most of the story is told through little moments in the sisters' childhoods and teenage years, and although Lightning Dust struggles to live up to strict expectations Lyra is always there to help out and prove herself as a good older sister.

7. Why it should not: Lightning Dust eventually lashes out at Lyra and says she hates her for being perfect (though they do make up in the next chapter). Also, Lightning Dust attempts suicide and ends up in a coma that she may not have been able to wake up from. Lyra despairs over seeing her sister in such a state, wondering if she would ever wake up.

8. Evidence: The chapter, "Enough is Enough" is about Lightning fighting with Lyra. The entirety of the chapter titled "I Promised" is about Lyra seeing a comatose Lightning Dust.

9. Additional notes: Although not widely viewed, my story was well-received by those that did read it. I originally planned to leave Lightning comatose and end the story at that, but I later decided to write a final chapter detailing a moment in which Lightning did awaken from her coma and is on the path to recovery; in the same chapter, the two sisters make up once and for all. Lastly, I am uncertain if having Lyra and Lightning Dust as siblings counts as an Alternate Universe, which I believe you said is not allowed. However, looking through your group I do see a couple of stories with unconventional sibling relationships (namely, Rarity and Suri Polomare as sisters and Octavia being one of Pinkie Pie's sisters).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1