We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders 343 members · 1,766 stories
Comments ( 384 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 384

"Okay. Any close friends before Ponyville?"

"Okay, any besides Fluttershy?"

You wouldn't know her.

"If something bad happened, let me know. I want to be able to reconcile you in some way."

Comment posted by superpony55 deleted Jan 8th, 2014

She just moved away.

"And then what? I heard about a Griffon causing some problems... Is she the one you were referring to? If so, I am horribly sorry for bringing this up."

I didn't count her, 'cause she's not exactly my friend anymore. So it's Fluttershy, Gilda (:rainbowwild:) and that other friend.

"Okay then. Who's this other friend?"

You wouldn't know her.

She moved away from Cloudsdale.

Sonic Awesomeness. We used to race, before she moved away. We would talk about flight, and whether Gilda could beat Fluttershy in a race. We both know Flutters isn't as strong as a flier, but Gilda hated Sonic Awesomeness (and Sonic thought Gilda was just a bully, Fluttershy agreed), so sometimes she'd say Flutters would win, 'cause Fluttershy was always nice to her. As Sonic would say, "A little too nice, she acts like I'm a baby". I haven't seen Sonic since, but we sometimes write each other letters. Fluttershy asks about her often.

"You two were strong friends, weren't you?"

"So what happened? Why did she leave?"

Because her family was moving away, and we were drifting apart.

I can ask for her to come meet you, if you'd like.

(What do you mean, hugs?)

"That's fine."

(Like a hug. Rainbow gives Mac a hug. That'd make this moment a bit adorable in my opinion... And for putting up with Rainbow not being serious, Mac kinda deserves it.)

(Oh.)

Hey, Sonic Awesomeness? Someone would like to meet you!

Nopony comes. Hi Sonic! How are you? I'm good, you? Long time no see! Scoots will be so happy to see you...

"Rainbow... There's no one here."

Don't listen to him, Sonic. Of course you're here! No, this is not Gilda in a disguise.

Macintosh looks around. "I'm not blind... What happened, Twilight?"

What do you mean, what happened?

*sigh* Let me tell you a story. A story a good friend of mine has shared with me.

Sonic Awesomeness was a great friend to Rainbow Dash. They were even closer than most friends, even though Sonic was a few years older. When Sonic was twenty-two, she had a baby. Rainbow was ten. When Sonic turned twenty-three, she and her husband died in a car crash (they were in a taxi). Rainbow was heart broken. She even convinced herself Sonic was still around. But as she got older, she realized good things come and go, and Sonic would have wanted her to move on. So Sonic "moved away", and Rainbow took it upon herself to take care of Sonic's daughter, Scootaloo. Scootaloo doesn't know. She also doesn't know that her mother was Rainbow's older sister.

"What. The. Fuck. I... I'm so sorry, Rainbow."

"Yes. I am so very sorry to have brought this up..." Macintosh says, tears welling up. Tears of shame.

Oh, and you know how Rainbow was saying Sonic said "A little too nice, she acts like I'm a baby", that happened once Sonic became imaginary. Gilda was jealous at first, but once Sonic died, Gilda started teasing Rainbow for having an imaginary friend.

I don't think he needs all this information Tw- who told you this, anyway?

Fluttershy.

Oh. See why I don't like to talk about it?

"I- I feel ashamed for having brought this up. I'm so, so ashamed. I really didn't want to have something like this happen."

I told you, it's fine. It's all in the past. But I'd say you owe me an answer. And I'd say you need to promise me something.

"What do I need to answer? And yes, I'll keep a secret."

You have to tell me about your parents. Promise me you won't tell the Crusaders. I don't want Scootaloo to find out, and she really wants to fly. Scoots was in the crash, but she survived. She'll just never be able to fly. I'll do my best to get her to fly, no matter what the doctors said.

"That's horrible, but I will keep it. My parents... They died. A building collapsed on them."

Oh. That's too bad. I can understand how that may feel. And now it's your turn to go in depth. You'd said you went in depth before, but you really didn't.

Why do you like me?

"You're strong, independent, fierce, and loyal. I love that."

Yep. Totally awesome! :rainbowkiss: And how about you? Did you have any close friends?

"No. I didn't speak a lot- I was focused on work. I worked hard, but I was loyal to anyone I befriended. Caramel is one."

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 384