Conquer Equestria 8 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Patriot868
Group Admin

And know for some actual story to set the scene:
5 years.... 5 years had passed since the brutal winter now know as the Deep Freeze had passed. Time had allowed for for cities to be rebuilt, crops to regrow, the dead to be buried. 5 years to recover from the horrors of a war that had seemed almost certainly to plunge the world into an endless ice age.
5 years is enough time to recover for the various powers around the world. The wounds they had all given each other 5 years ago would not be healed through silent contemplation. They would be avenged in blood. Alliances were to be forged, blood was to be spilled, no quarter given until someone emerged victorious.
Who will win, well, thats up to you to decide.

Game Mechanics: Items required
2 six sided dice
These dice determine everything that happens, from combat, to infiltration, to marching. Rolls determine everything. Note: YOU CAN NOT LIE AND SAY YOU ALWASY GET TWELVES!
Combat: Combat is determined by three things, dice rolls, combat related bonsues, and number of troops. Dice rolls are fairly simple, you have more than your opponent, you beat them. The more you beat them by, the more troops they lose. Eventually, after you lose more than half your troops, the player who is beating you can roll for a rout. If it succeds, your troops flee the battle, usaully losing some people in the process.
Combat skills are faction or character specfic skills. They are added to your dice roll (eg. +2 is added to a dice roll of ten making it twelve), Note, characters can only learn combat skills through fighting. Only faction heros such as queen chrysahlis or Certain Equestrian princesses start with a bonus (Its usaully only plus one anyways)
Numbers are simple. Your faction only has a limitied well of manpower. Your army is only so large. Therefore, you must budget your numbers effectifvily. The more troops you deploy, the harder it is for you to be routed (Classic RISK rules). Likewise, deploying large numbers of troops agansit a small number allows you to go for a rout almost instantly.
Infiltration: Infiltration plays out like combat. You roll to see who gets the higher roll. If you win, the person you are infiltrating has to reveal some information (no lying). Note that the more you beat someone in a roll, the more information they have to reveal. If you lose by a little dont fret! Your spy is safe. However if you lose by a lot, your spy is tortured for who he/she works for and is then executed.
Marching: Marching is set at a standard pace of 50 miles a day (More if faction specific). However, this number flucuates wildly depending on the terrain. In an area such as the zebra homelands, marching speed drops a ton due to attrition. Likewise, in areas such as flat parts of Equestria, marching speed could increase to 65 miles a day. Enviromental hazards such as sandstorms or blizzards must be rolled agansit (In this case, I will role for enviromental hazards.) If you win you go around. If you lose, you slow down, lose supplies, and might even have some deaths depending on the situation.
Supplies: Supplies are what keep an army going, without them, desertions, mutinies, and starvation manfiest. You must keep your supply lines secure as well as forage for supplies (One again you roll, the higher you roll, the more you get). Certain areas have more supplies (Eg. The forests of Equestria have much more than the bleak wasteland of the changeling empire.)
Diplomacy: This one is not determined by anything but you and your allies. Its up to you to win the trust of your fellow rpers onto aiding you. Everything from exchanging supplies to sending troops is possible.
Naval:Much like marching but faster along coasts and rivers. Storms become a problem, but not every faction has a navy.

Factions: Here are the factions avalibile. If all postions are filled, you can still join a faction as someone important (A general or poltician).
Kingdom of Equestria:
Equestria is one of the oldest kingdoms on the continent. A proud an ancient empire stepped in tradition. They are one of the only factions that has magic avalibile to them readily and their wizards are stronger than most factions.
Advantages:Vast well of manpower, good amount of supplies, +1 to comabt if unicorn mages are in army, +1 if any princesses are in the fight, +1 if elements of harmony are in the fight, Capital of Canterlot is hard to reach.
Disadvantages:Besides Canterlot, easily invaded. Very easy to sustain an army there due to very mild terrain. Peaceful, so they have to build and train an army quickly or they will only have royal guards to use.
Users: Eru Illuvatar

Griffion Empire: An ancient empire originaly from another continent, the Griffions have a millitary tradition that puts even pegasi to shame. Their soldiers are tough, their towns are near unaccesible at the top of cliffs, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Advantages: Standing army means fast deployment, Army is plus one due to training and tradition. Wings mean fast movement speed. Terrain is very defendable.
Disadvantages: Cities are far away from neighbouring factions, Griffions are rare, meaning less manpower then some factions, harder to replace losses in armies.
User:Patriot868,Cielia and Sebastian

Changeling Hegemony: The changelings have finally stopped licking their wounds from the Canterlot wedding incident as well as the previous war. They are poised to expand their territory.
Advantages:Vast manpower, easily replacable soldiers, Terrain is very inhospitable to invaders (Its all frozen mountains and tundras with hives underground or in mountains.).Hivemind makes it more diffucult to rout them. Chrysalis gives +1 to attack is she is present. They get +2 to infiltration due to shapeshifting.
Disadvantages:Poorly equipped and not very well trained in most cases. Primary strategy is to drown enemies in a sea of dead bodies (Russian style)
User:Chowatron

Saddle Arabian Caliphates:The Saddle Arabians have begun to finnaly expand out of their dessert home. Though they did forge an alliance with Equestria years ago, its has become strained over times.
Advantages:Arid homeland means tougher to invade. They can go through desserts fairly easily. Vast reserves of gold allows them to buy off people easier as well as hire more mercenarys.
Disadvantages: Far from the action (Like the Griffions). Constant internal power play by caliphs.
User: None

United Pack of Diamond Dogs:Having been united midway through the previous war by Garm the Pack leader, the diamond dogs have gone from being laughing stocks to a serious threat. Their territory is deep underground and they have become ferocious warriors under Garm. And yes, they no longer care about whining or crying.
Advantages: Fast tunneling lets them go around 75 miles a day. Siege experts +1 during siege battles. Hard to fight them due to complex tunnel network.
Disadvantages:Greedy, they can be bought off fairly well. Also their territory is not that big.
User:Midnight Blossom

United Tribe of Zebras:
Finnaly rising up and uniting in their homeland, the Zebras want their day in the sun. Their ancient tribal society has allowed them to stay true to their relegions, making them far more fanatical when fighting.
Advantages:Their territory is inhospitable to the max. Dry savannahs and desserts mean its super hard to invade. Tribal shammans act as unicorns +1 if present in battle. Medical knowledge means less soldiers will die from wounds following a battle. Very good at suruving in all enviroments and gather more supplies when foraging.
Disadvantages: Very far away from Main fighting(Blessing?). Not as technologically advanced as some Factions. Smaller armies due to small tribes(However they move quicker and are harder to see so whether this is a disadvantage is debatable.)
User: Zoki Kamaka(Supreme Zebra Commander)
If you think I missed any possible factions tell me (Buffalo tribes are too small to be a faction. They are classfied as an enviromental hazard)

1271717(I would like to have the United Zebra tribes lead under Ytic Dlareme(Great Zebra city the Canterlot of their world)

1280849 Fancy seeing you here. :moustache:

1281104(Eh I :heart: Zebras)

Patriot868
Group Admin

Thats perfectley fine. Go ahead.:pinkiehappy:

I think I'll go Changeling Hegemony.

Patriot868
Group Admin

Fine by Me!

Equestria for the Pegasus AF.

1271717 Diamond Dogs. My OC has a friendship with one of the commanders.:rainbowkiss:
She is also blind, which helps in the tunnels and darkness :pinkiehappy:

Patriot868
Group Admin

1289750 was that sarcasm? I can't tel through text :twilightoops:

1271717 Yo, can I be a neutral that helps everyone?

Patriot868
Group Admin

Sure. Just choose a faction and use diplomacy

Patriot868
Group Admin

No. The Users name is Eru Illuvatar, but it says pegasus af. I am not sure which name to put down.

1290310 Griffon Empire it is.

Patriot868
Group Admin

Ok, I will put you down.

1290314 nya~ It must be so hard to choose~! :fluttercry:

Air Force, since you know... they fly?
Earth Pony Army.

Patriot868
Group Admin

1290358Ok, just need one person to be in charge of Saddle Arabia and then it begins.

Just.One.More.Person.:pinkiecrazy:

1290370 I will try to get some one :pinkiehappy:

Patriot868
Group Admin

Ok, thanks for claryfing.

How are we going to keep track of things?

Patriot868
Group Admin

By using a turn based system. Basically, when we start (Just need somebody for saddle Arabia), everyone will role two dice. Whoever has the highest dice roll gets to go first (If theirs a tie, the people role until one comes out ahead).

Basically, it will go from highest roll to lowest.

Hope that helps.:twilightsmile:

What about territories? I'd like to have a visual reference.

Patriot868
Group Admin

Ok. Let me try to find a map.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30