Aviation/World War 2 100 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

So, Im writing a fic based off of the series 'Band of Brothers', and im going to start it out with my OC dropping into Germane occupied Prance, but i need help on a proper entrance, as well as names for different ponies and countries, towns, and states

Band of Brothers? Like... real BoB?

My advice is don't. (To me at least, and quite a few others) that and Saving Pvt. Ryan are two of those things you don't touch. I've seen I think one of both, and both got torn to shreds, partially because they weren't done well. Sorry man, but that's the way it is.

And not to be mean or personal or anything, but I think you have an even less chance. Just from what I've seen, you've done three stories, which are ok, but not enough experience to do so. Nor do you seem to have done a military related story, which to do a good one is harder than it seems. And for something as serious as this, it needs to be perfect.

Its fine. Now i know its not a good idea. Especially since i absolutely suck at writing. Dont say Im good, because I really am terrible at writing. Ive been writing for a good while, almost every day, and I still suck, even after all of that conatructive criticism. Ill take down the thread in a bit

It takes some practice, and some research. Have you tried going to assistance groups?

Yup, and it hasnt ever worked. Also, Ive practiced it almost every day

I think you may be missing the point though; you may be practicing the wrong thing. If asking for help from something like Authors helping Author, try going to a review group like Rage Reviews; they can explain common problems well.

Ill try, but my English teachers from Eighth Grade and last year told me what to practice if i want to be a writer

It depends on what you practice, too.

Yeah...I also took a year long course on literature

Well like I said, if you want something different try going to Rage Reviews and reading some of the reviews that are on the forums there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11