TheBronyFiction 239 members · 1,787 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Icudeadnow
Group Admin

I mean, it's not just me that's noticed this, is it? :rainbowhuh:

Becas i is pre ap engrish bitche. :twilightangry2:

If a brony wants to contribute to the fandom, but can't draw, he/she will write. If anyone, brony or not, wants to write, they will learn that good grammar and good use of language is crucial to getting someone to read their work. Eventually, they will teach themselves how to write and how to write well until they are able to contribute something of decent caliber. Or they just do it and learn on the fly.

Icudeadnow
Group Admin

1474747 Well said. :moustache:

Icudeadnow
Group Admin

1474723 I COMMAND THE BAD GRAMMAR DEMON INSIDE OF YOU TO COME OUT! COME OUT, DEMON! :flutterrage:

I'm uncertain whether or not if the guy is actually that poor in his grammar and vocabulary(especially the failed attempt at anything 'colorful') or if he's just a troll. After all,he did pass through the registration process.

Also,all the stories I've read have inspired me to write again after so many years not doing so. Granted,it's not fanfiction but still. Thanks everyone for your amazing stories(even the clop :moustache:)

It was an joke, I didn't think anyone would actually assume I was serious.:facehoof:
:twilightsmile:

1476105 I see. English isn't my first language you see so humor in some jokes are lost on me. Silly me:twilightblush:

I think it's because most bronies learn (the hard way) that if you post a story on here with piss-poor grammar, you'll get flamed like no other. :twilightsheepish:

I, for some reason, find stories written in english more pleasant and less awkward to read. If I could choose story written in english and in polish (my native) I'd always go with english, even if the original wasn't written in english.

Back to the question... I think that people just want to make sure their stories are polished as much as possible, the grammar being first thing they improve. However, when you don't have any proofreader/editor and you're not a native english speaker (like me) you can be kinda fucked. But IMO if you can't speak proper english, do not attempt to write a story.

I, for example am insane grammar nazi. And it's not only about grammar, I absolutely despise every kind of errors, be it grammar, punctuation or factual errors. Like, when I see one I immediately lose interest and wish to read further.

Icudeadnow
Group Admin
Icudeadnow
Group Admin

1479242 I'm a little different. I still read the story but, the more grammar errors, the more I lose interest, I'd still read it to see where it's going. I'd hate myself for an entire day if I found a spot in my stories that had three grammar errors bunched up into one little, convenient rage package. DAMN YOU GRAMMAR ERRORS! :flutterrage:

English is a beautiful language. It's quite sad that so many people mutilate it so violently...

Icudeadnow
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14