Fire Emblem Equestrians 116 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Um... no, not those pirates. Good god, no. They suck.

What about an entire Fire Emblem game that takes place on the open seas? Filled to the brim with swashbuckling buccaneers! Island to island you and your crew mates travel to uncover buried treasure and fight off the corrupt government that rules over the collection of isles! So I hope you're ready for my newest idea that will never become a thing:

Sea of Souls

Main Characters
(Confession, Critical and Defeat Voice Quotes)

Nai Kallas
Class: Orphan Boy (Swords) --> Called Hero (Swords + Staves)
"I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love my sister. Today... you proved me wrong."
"Your tyranny ends here!"
"All my work... for nothing..."
The typical blue-haired teen main protagonist, but the only difference here is that he was born on the streets and is certainly anything but royalty. Despite having to steal to live his life, he's compassionate and will graciously listen to another side of a story. Having said that, he's stubborn and will not easily agree to something if it means putting his sister in danger; he loves his sister dearly and will do anything for her, though is coming to terms with the fact she's old enough now to make her own life choices. He's oddly enough very skilled with a sword, despite not having any prior lessons. The most likely to be distracted by something. His birthday is 7/31.

Rena Kallas
Class: Orphan Girl (Lances) --> Called Heroine (Lances + Tomes)
"Don't think just because we're married now I'm gonna let up on my teasing!"
"You're going down!"
"Brother... forgive me..."
Nai's younger sister, sarcastic and sassy beyond belief. Growing up on the streets, she and her brother had to learn how to fend for themselves against guards or anyone trying to loot them for what they're worth. She was quick to pick up a whaling lance as her weapon of choice and has used one ever since to protect herself. As mentioned before she's very sassy and sarcastic, easily able to return any insults her way. This can make those around her very irritable, but deep down she's just a soft teddy bear who jokes all in good jest. She loves her brother dearly, despite finding him annoying at times. Loves puns more than anyone. Her birthday is 6/8.

Captain James "Greenbeard" Burgundy
Class: Pirate (Axes) --> Marauder (Axes + Firearms)
"I'd thought I'd never have love in me life, but here we are. I love ya with all me heart!"
"Yo ho and a bottle of blood!"
"What a... way ta go..."
The man who observes Cameron and Rena's combat whilst they were fighting off guards and the man who decides it be best that they join him and his small crew in adventures across the high seas. Greenbeard isn't above killing for gold and ruining the lives of others, and he especially has a dislike for the Everett empire. He's overall not a very pleasant man to most, though his crew would say otherwise. He treats his crew as if they were his old friends and is quick to accept Nai and Rena as part of his team. He mainly wields an axe and has fairly good aim too when it comes to swinging it. Appreciates soft things. His birthday is 9/22

Commander Andrew Yggdrasil
Class: Commander (Swords + Firearms)
"Just die already!"
"To hell... with all of you..."
An antagonist Greenbeard's crew frequently encounter, he has made it his life goal to take down Greenbeard once and for all. He starts out with small armies, underestimating the crew's power. However, his sadistic side will often get the better of him and will progressively become more and more aggressive as the game goes on, once going so far as to block an entire trading route just to corner Greenbeard and his crew. He is unsurprisingly Darius's right-hand man and relishes every moment of the power he's given. He isn't pushover either, adept at using both flintlocks and swords.

General Darius Everett
Class: Empire King (Greatsword)
"Don't underestimate my power."
"How... can this be...?"
The main antagonist of the story and the leader of the Everett empire that has ruled over the Agua Isles for three generations. Although stone cold and even ruthlessly merciless at times, before Leviathan's curse overtook him and corrupted him he was a generous man who had intentions of putting an end to the reign of terror the Everett empire. Though he is powerful and even frightening at times, he tries to hold onto whatever shred of humanity is left inside him with limited results. It is later revealed he is Nai and Rena's biological father. He wields a gigantic greatsword that is as long as a lance and as powerful as an axe.

Leviathan
Class: Dragon (Breath)
"Die, worthless cretin!"
"AAAUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!"
The mastermind behind all the events in the game and the game's true antagonist. She is a malicious monster that was sealed away 150 years ago after she split the continent of Tierra into the isles of Agua, but not before creating the Everett bloodline, a type of blood with unlimited power and total rule over the land destined to one day reawaken her and aid her in spreading chaos across the world. This power was actually a curse that allowed her to control the bloodline in hopes one could release her and spread chaos again. She serves as the game's final boss, using an evil relic known as the Water Emblem to strengthen her, and only a person infused with the power of the Fire Emblem can counteract it.

Recruit Characters
(Confession, Critical and Defeat Voice Quotes)

Calum Conaway
Class: Priest (Staves) --> Sage (Staves + Tomes)
"Now we can be on this awful ship together as a couple. Thanks for making my life more interesting."
"How boring..."
"At least I... don't have to be... on that ship anymore..."
A priest hired as the crew's healer. Despite accepting Greenbeard's request, he loathes being on the ship with its unruly living conditions and is only really on-board for the money. Having said all that, he isn't blind to appreciate Greenbeard's respect for his crew. The most likely to ditch an ongoing mission. His birthday is 8/20.

Auburn Long
Class: Pirate (Axes) --> Striker (Axes + Tomes)
"If stalking was a way to express love, I'd stalk you the most. That sounded a lot better in my head."
"How exhilarating."
"So this... is how it all ends...?"
An axe fighter with an interest in magic. She doesn't often show much emotion and as such can't express herself as much as she'd like to. Because of this, she's prone to frequent stalkings of her crew mates. It is possible to get her to smile every now and then. Seen the most people without clothing on. Her birthday is 5/1.

Oreonna Delsole
Class: First Mate (Swords) --> Commander (Swords + Firearms)
"Haha! I love you, new partner! Hey, after all this, wanna sail the seven seas together?"
"Your luck's up!"
"Looks like... my adventure's over..."
Greenbeard's first mate on his ship. She has an optimistic outlook on life and enjoys indulging herself in as many books as possible. Whenever she can, she'll talk about her favorite story to anyone near her. Greenbeard took her in when he found her in a burned down village. Loves cats the most of anyone. Her birthday is 12/22.

Thesai Bron
Class: Thief (Swords + Knives) --> Assassin (Swords + Knives)
"There is not a single thing about you that I don't love. I'll happily marry you."
"Now you've made me angry!"
"You... bastards..."
A hired killer from a faraway land. Originally a member of a high counsel, he was exiled for murder and sent to the Agua Isles to die. Greenbeard found him and made him a part of his crew, however. Despite his past, he is well-spoken and kind to those he trusts. The most likely to trip and fall while walking. His birthday is 2/5.

Nichol Cuillere
Class: Mage (Tomes) --> Mystic Lancer (Tomes + Lances)
"I... I love you, damned fool! There, happy? But... I suppose marriage isn't all that bad if it means I'm with you."
"You dare?!"
"D-Damn you..."
A mage hailing from Tethys. She only decided to join the crew after realizing they could help her become more powerful. She strives to become a powerful magic user one day, but unlike her brother she followed a much brighter path. She is constantly grumpy and moody. Has the cleanest handwriting. Her birthday is 1/10.

Violet
Class: Thief (Swords + Knives) --> Trickster (Swords + Knives + Staves)
"Every man and woman has a price on their head; usually pretty cheap too. But you... To me, you're priceless."
"Worthless garbage!"
"That... really hurt..."
A thief that is scavenging the raided village. She joins the crew after realizing she could make more money if she had a way to travel from island to island. She only cares about money, which is a troublesome trait for her to have when she's forced to get along with others on-board. Loves anything shiny. Her birthday is 4/13.

Red
Class: Outlaw (Firearms) --> Dead-eye (Firearms)
"I'm beginning to enjoy this pirate business, but mostly because I have you now by my side now."
"Your ass is mine!"
"Finally... free..."
A bandit that aided in razing a village to the ground. He joins Greenbeard's crew only after being captured and questioned. He has a very low opinion of pirates and how sloppily they pillage towns, though he is very brave and isn't easily intimidated by Greenbeard. Despises onions above all else. His birthday is 3/16.

Eden Evergreen
Class: Guardian (Nature Seeds) --> Grand Guardian (Nature Seeds)
"Thank you for this. Together, we will protect the plains of Rhea not just as partners, but as lovers."
"Feel nature's wrath!"
"Soon to be... one with the land..."
A woman who guards Rhea's plains. After seeing that the crew are fighting off the bandits ruining her fields, she joins them and helps fend them off. She's usually quite stern and strict when it comes to people who tread her plains, but can warm up to those who she likes. Secretly loves dancing. Her birthday is 3/9.

Maybelle Daffidys
Class: Knight (Lances + Swords) --> Great Knight (Lances + Swords + Axes)
"Ah love ya, and despite this conflict ah know our love will triumph over it all."
"Jus' relax and watch!"
"D-Darn it all..."
A woman trained in the lost ways of chivalry. She was hired by Nai and Rena after they realized how useful her armor could be to the crew. When it comes to strategies, she's an absolute genius, but unfortunately metaphors, phrases and other meanings fly over her head. Enjoys overworking the most. Her birthday is 12/31

Oran Bellows
Class: Pegasus Rider (Lances) --> Sky Rider (Lances + Swords + Staves)
"You and I are gonna go places, I just know it! I really love you!"
"From the skies... Oran Bellows strikes!"
"Heh... not even... angry..."
A Scarlet Town patrol unit. After the attempted raid on Scarlet Town, he decides to join the crew to track down the Everett empire. His happy-go-lucky personality and positive outlook on life can be annoying at times, but is welcomed when times seem rough. The most likely to laugh at a bad pun or joke. His birthday is 1/4.

Xavier Pond
Class: Spear Fighter (Lances) --> Spear Master (Lances)
"What a fine specimen you are. I look forward to us researching each other, now that we're wed."
"Face the fruits of my research!"
"But I haven't... seen everything yet..."
A strategist that begrudgingly aided a pirate group. He joins up with the crew after they help him escape from said pirates with the promise of nearby treasure. He takes a great, prideful interest in any whatever of sciences he can get his hands on, especially biology. The most likely to space out. His birthday is 7/12.

Persephone Umbra
Class: Mage (Tomes) --> Mage Knight (Tomes + Swords + Staves)
"I've always fought for what's right, but now I can fight for those I love as well."
"For the Agua Isles!"
"Friends... please carry on... my dreams..."
The leader of an anti-Everett militia. Can only be recruited if Nai or Rena speaks to her. She is a mage warrior hardened by the loss of her family due to a Everett suppression campaign when she was child, and has been fighting the empire ever since. Loves to cuddle animals more than anyone. Her birthday is 2/17.

Jill Marigold
Class: Outlaw (Firearms) --> Sky Outlaw (Firearms + Lances)
"About time you confessed! Jeez, and here I thought you didn't have the guts."
"Pray your friends aren't watching."
"Good night... sweet prince..."
Second-in-command of the anti-Everett militia. She joins the crew when she sees that Persephone has teamed up with them. Many find her to be annoying often in what she says, but she only says these things because she has no idea how to properly speak to others. Blushes more than anyone. Her birthday is 4/30.

Skye Grimm
Class: Manakete (Dragonstones)
"Thank you for accepting me for who I am. I promise I'll love you until the end of time!"
"Stay away from me!"
"No one... will remember me anyway..."
A manakete from a faraway land. She joins Greenbeard after she's rescued from Everett's forceful command on Outlook Mountain. Her self-esteem issues repress her feelings and she hates herself for not being human enough to be accepted into society. Is the best with animals among the crew. Her birthday is 9/25.

Eveline Yggdrasil
Class: Troubadour (Staves) --> Valkyrie (Staves + Swords)
"You have shown me light I never imagined I would ever see, and I love you for that."
"Uncouth filth!"
"Father... friends... forgive me..."
A girl sick and tired of her father's lunacy. She forces Greenbeard to let her join the pirate band right before the fortress defense battle. Although snooty and uptight at times, she understands this is a product of her rich background and does her best to act normally. Dislikes dirt and filth more than anyone. Her birthday is 4/18.

Sterling Acier
Class: Dark Mage (Dark Tomes) --> Dark Knight (Dark Tomes + Swords)
"Love isn't an easy concept for me. But for you, I'll try."
"Fall to your knees and pray for mercy!"
"I regret... nothing..."
A high-ranking dark mage in the Everett empire. Can only be recruited if Nichol talks some sense into him. Beyond cruel and heartless, he is always determined to utterly destroy his enemies. As such, he finds emotions such as love and happiness difficult to comprehend. Appreciates fruit the most. His birthday is 2/19.

Sean Alphonse
Class: Traveler (Flutes + Swords) --> Musician (Flutes + Swords)
"No need to buy a band for our wedding, I could play an orchestra by myself if it was for you."
"Time to turn the sound up!"
"Slowing down... the rhythm..."
A traveling musician looking for treasure. After seeing the similarities between him and Greenbeard's crew, he decides to join them to obtain all the treasure in the world. He often gets his ability to invigorate those in battle to his head, resulting in him usually acting like a snob. He makes the worst meals in the crew. His birthday is 6/8.

Alexandra Highgale
Class: Pegasus Rider (Lances) --> Sharpshooter (Lances + Swords + Firearms)
"Um... I... I love you. S-Sorry, I know that wasn't very convincing but... I really do mean it."
"P-Please forgive me!"
"Oh... dear..."
A reclusive and shy young woman. She joins the crew after they save her from ghouls in Themis Cave. She came to Themis Island to explore the land, but her timid nature caused her to almost immediately get cornered by the undead pirates that roam the land. The most likely to cry when insulted. Her birthday is 9/2.

Joker Dwyer
Class: Butler (Knives + Staves)
"To say I've fallen for you would be an understatement. No... I love you with all my heart."
"For my master and mistress!"
"Please... pay me no mind..."
A wandering an unemployed butler. He is immediately taken by Nai and Rena's presence and joins them without a second thought. He was the head butler for Darius Everett until he was abandoned on Helios for some reason. He is polite to Nai and Rena only, but dislikes others. Enjoys tea more than anyone. His birthday is 5/21.

Rita Wildnauer
Class: Wolfskin (Beaststones) --> Wolfssegner (Beaststones)
"Who's a good mate? Who's a good mate? We both are! So let's give each other belly rubs forever!"
"Down doggy!"
"Play... dead..."
A mercenary and partner to Cobalt. After witnessing their determination in Port Pallas, she and Cobalt join the crew to help defeat the Everett empire. Hailing from the far lands Nohr, she lost her family as a pup and uses her happiness as a means of masking her pain. Loves dogs the most of anyone. Her birthday is 9/23.

Cobalt Colt
Class: Myrmidon (Swords) --> Swordmaster (Swords)
"I love you more than anything in the world. Never thought I'd say that again, to be honest..."
"Raise your weapon and resist!"
"My time... draws near..."
A mercenary and partner to Rita. After witnessing their determination in Port Pallas, he and Rita join the crew to help defeat the Everett empire. Coming all the way from Hoshido, he lost his friends in a freak accident and stubbornly refuses to talk to anyone about it. Is the most likely to cry at weddings. His birthday is 11/27.

DT
Class: Cavalier (Swords + Lances) --> Paladin (Swords + Lances + Staves)
"You're not half-bad a choice for a partner. I'm joking, I'm joking! But seriously though, I love you."
"Hope you're ready for this!"
"I won't let it... end like this..."
A wandering horseman. He joins up with the crew after hearing Nai's request to find his sister. Not much is known about him, not even his real name, though he is known to crack a joke or two every now and then. He has a little brother back home whom he cares about deeply. Is surprising very lucky. His birthday is 12/12.

Kirito
Class: Wyvern Rider (Axes) --> Wyvern Lord (Axes + Swords)
"No matter what the future has in store for us, I'll always be there for you."
"You really underestimated me, didn't you?"
"Lights... out..."
A traitor to the Everett empire. After helping the crew escape from Commander Andrew's trap, he is warmly welcomed into the group. Though usually quiet and even mysterious at times, he would put his life on the lind to protect those he considers his friends and family. Loves fantasy novels the most. His birthday is 11/13.

Blake Heathern
Class: Wyvern Rider (Axes) --> Wyvern Knight (Axes + Lances)
"You've ensnared me in a trap of love and desires! No? Too cheesy?"
"Sorry about this!"
"Worse ending... ever..."
An archeologist and part-time author. She joins the crew after Nai and Rena impress her with their ability to read ancient text. Though an archeologist, she's very scatterbrained and tends to apologize after everything she does. Her insecurities of this lead her to writing stories. Craves love more than anyone. Her birthday is 7/18.

Zachary Vesper
Class: Sorcerer (Dark Tomes + Tomes + Staves)
"I wish I knew you longer in this little adventure of yours, because you've absolutely enamored me."
"May darkness oppress you!"
"I collapse... into darkness..."
A sorcerer and commander in Darius's army. He joins the crew after he is defeated in Sundown City. He is very literate and likes using as many complex words as possible, much to the chagrin of those around him. Though in truth he wishes for a partner in his lonely life. The best cook in the crew. His birthday is 2/5.

Mack Lars (Optional)
Class: Villager (Lances) --> Master of Arms (Lances + Swords + Axes)
"To think I've fallen for you of all people! Crazy world, am I right?"
"Let me watch you bleed!"
"Gonna have to... try a little harder than that..."
A villager who's home was being invaded by bandits. He joins up with the crew after gaining a level. Though a simple farmhand, he has taken a strange and psychotic interest in seeing blood seep from people and has no quarrels killing off the bandits attacking his home. Finds sharp objects extremely fascinating. His birthday is 2/18.

Aimee Valencia (Optional)
Class: Pegasus Rider (Lances) --> Dark Rider (Lances + Dark Tomes)
"Je t'aime, je t'aime! That means "I love you" where I'm from, my new darling."
"Je vais te tuer!"
"Désolé... tout le monde..."
A pegasus tamer from a foreigner village. She join's the crew after seeing them fight off the raiders who want to destroy her home. She loves the company of people and animals, though will fiercely defend herself if her opinion or belief is insulted or questioned. The most likely to ramble on and on. Her birthday is 5/17.

Sophia Amaryllis (Optional)
Class: Mage (Tomes) --> Twilight Mage (Tomes + Dark Tomes)
"So... we're a couple now? How... interesting. In that case, I suppose I love you then."
"Face my wrath... I guess..."
"Ouch..."
An apprentice to a deceased sorcerer. She joins Greenbeard after the crew helps her defend her master's home from the Everett empire. Although laid back and even lazy at times, her determination to become a better person burns brighter than the core of the planet. Loves cleaning more than anyone. Her birthday is 6/2.

Nikolai Valla (Optional)
Class: General (Swords + Lances + Firearms) --> God General (Greatswords)
"You wish for my hand in marriage? So be it. Truth be told, I have grown fond of you myself."
"You wish to perish? So be it!"
"So... be it..."
An ex-general of the Everett empire. He defected the empire and joined the crew after realizing the former's true intentions. Though imposing and just plain scary in every sense on the surface, in his heart he's a man who enjoys seeing those he cares about smile. The least likely to stutter when speaking. His birthday is 7/9.

Locations

Coeus Island
The small island Nai and Rena live on and the very first location in the game.
- Korei Town (Chapter 1: Odds Against Us)
- Flaming Tomb (Chapter 25: Rebirth)

Tethys Island
A large island not far from Coeus and the homeland of several crew recruits.
- Far Plains (Chapter 2: Newfound Life)
- Raided Village (Chapter 3: The Raided Village)
- Zephyr Port (Paralogue 1: The Sight of Blood)

Cronus Island
A small island said to be the key to unlocking the secret of time travel.
- Celestial Lock (Chapter 4: Bounty)

Rhea Island
A grassland filled with trees bearing wonderful fruits said to extend your lifetime.
- Oak Plain (Chapter 5: The Eternal Fruit)
- Scarlet Town (Chapter 6: High and Mighty)
- Foreign Village (Paralogue 2: Foreign Hatred)

Oceanus Island
A huge island home to large quantities of sea life and teeming with fossilized tools and human remains.
- Pirate Alcove (Chapter 7: Mysteries of Arcadia)
- Ruins of Arcadia (Chapter 8: Legends Retold)
- Passing River (Chapter 9: Those who Defy)
- Outlook Mountain (Chapter 10: Darius Everett)

Asteria Island
An island always shrouded in a dark rain cloud where sun cannot be seen, yet people still manage to thrive.
- Asteria Swamplands (Chapter 11: Down and Dirty)
- Walled Fortress (Chapter 12: Innocence)
- Seal of Heaven (Chapter 24: Judgement)

Iapetus Island
A dry island that was once a vast desert when Agua was still Tierra.
- Eternal Dunes (Chapter 13: The Magic Flower)
- Oasis (Paralogue 3: The Apprentice)

Themis Island
Said to be the starting point for the many pirates that terrorize the Agua Isles to this day.
- Abandoned Cavern (Chapter 14: A Past Long Forgotten)
- Shade Village Ruins (Chapter 15: What's Gone is Gone)

Helios Island
An island where it's always bright, even at nighttime when the plant life's luminescence kicks in.
- Temple Grounds (Chapter 16: Breaking Daylight)
- Seal of Hell (Chapter 23: Dark Emissary)

Pallas Island
A small yet valuable island that provides the only safe way into the volcanic Prometheus area.
- Port Pallas (Chapter 17: Hit 'em where it Hurts)

Agua Ocean
The great ocean surrounding the twelve islands of Agua. Unprepared sailors usually meet their fate here.
- Everett Blockade (Chapter 18: Blockade)
- Mysterious Whirlpool (Chapter 19: Maelstrom)

Prometheus Island
Most of the island is covered in lava, though what little soil there is left is very rich and suitable for crop growth.
- Scorched Fields (Chapter 20: Loss)
- Sea of Flames (Chapter 21: Betrayal)
- Everett Outpost (Chapter 22: All Truths)

Atlas Island
The largest and innermost island of the Agua Isles and headquarters of the Everett empire.
- Dark Shore (Chapter 26: The Dark Country)
- Sundown City (Chapter 27: Ambush)
- Dusk Cliff (Chapter 28: Rivalry)
- Castle Everett (Chapter 29: Dark Confrontation)
- Cornered Outpost (Paralogue 4: Defected)

Tidal Prison
The prison keeping Leviathan sealed away located near Oceanus Island and the final location of the game.
- Innermost Chamber (Chapter 30: Reawakened Horror)
- Sea of Souls (Endgame: The Sea of Souls)

Story
(Goals and Allies (when first used on a map))

Prelude: Fire Emblem
Goal: Defeat Leviathan
Allies: None

Long ago, a great and terrible war took place. Fire uncontrollably spread across the land and water maliciously crashed into the very earth, creating chaos and destruction. These two forces warred until there was nothing left but two powerful dragons, one of fire and one of water. They were known as Guerrero and Leviathan, respectively, and each held power over powerful tools known as Emblems, objects that could quite literally change the earth.

Before the war, both dragons used their power to horribly disfigure the planet, but only Guerrero was able to see the error of his ways. He engaged Leviathan in a battle to stop the madness, but could only do so much before Leviathan split the land they fought upon into a dozen islands. In a desperate measure, Guerrero sacrificed himself to both seal Leviathan away and hide the Water Emblem where no one could find it. In his dying breath, he sent the Fire Emblem into hiding to never repeat the events that happened on that day.

This chapter teaches you about movement across maps and attacking enemies.

Chapter 1: Odds Against Us
Goal: Rout the enemy
Allies: Nai, Rena

One-hundred-and-fifty years later, a pair of orphaned and homeless siblings named Nai and Rena live in the trading town of Korei. They steal food from others to survive, and they've been doing this for almost their entire lives. For the most part they've been stealthy about how they take food, but one unfortunate slip-up happens when Rena accidentally gets caught in the middle of town, summoning the guards to take care of them. This forces Nai and Rena to defend themselves, and after some playful banter between the two they manage to take their foes down.

Before they're able to return to their favorite place to rest, a man pulls the two over. Nai's immediate reaction is to pull out his sword and protect his sister, but the man is quick to apologize for the sudden action. He introduces himself as James Burgundy, but prefers the two call him Greenbeard. He brings up that both Nai and Rena were incredible to take down the guards in such a clean and quick fashion, almost as if the two were in perfect sync. He offers a chance for them to get off the streets and join his crew of pirates. At first Nai is skeptical, but warms up after Rena brings up the point that this could finally mean a permanent home; plus, they already have thieving skill, and what better thieves are there than pirates? Nai and Rena accept Greenbeard's offer and he takes them to his ship.

It's there they meet the other four members of Greenbeard's crew: the bored Calum, the stalker Auburn, the first-mate Oreonna and the hired aid Thesai. Greenbeard allows the two new recruits to wander around the ship for a while before they set out on a new adventure for riches and excitement.

This chapter teaches you about the weapon triangle.

Chapter 2: Newfound Life
Allies: Greenbeard, Calum, Auburn, Oreonna, Thesai

The first stop is the nearby island of Tethys where there is said to be buried gold literally everyone you dug. Of course such a description would be tempting for any pirate, so the crew continues on their way. They arrive in the far plains where already bandits are on the move. Seeing them as a threat, Greenbeard suggests they engage them and pick them off before they find any treasure that could potentially be theirs. Though Nai expresses his concern for Rena getting into fights with savage bandits, Rena tells him she'll be okay and that they're no different than the guards they fought not earlier that day. With that in mind, Nai agrees and the two go on their way.

As the crew is fighting the bandits, a woman comes out of the shadows with the power over magic and begins attacking and killing the bandits as well. Once all the bandits have been thoroughly taken care of, Nai and Rena go to speak with her, but she's quick to turn away and silence herself. Eventually the two get her to talk and introduce herself as Nichol, a mage who strives for power. Greenbeard pulls the siblings over and "casually" mentions how nice it would be to have a mage in their crew. After some talking, the two somehow convince her that she can become more powerful if she joins them and thus she begrudgingly joins their little team of misfits.

This chapter teaches you about the techniques of partnering up with your allies.

Chapter 3: The Raided Village
Goal: Defeat the boss
Allies: Violet

After traversing the land a little while longer, Rena points out some smoke coming from over a hill. The crew rushes to the scene only to find a village that has been completely burned to the ground, and in the middle of it all was leader of those bandits the crew defeated earlier. Nai and Rena are quick to rush in and stop the two, but Greenbeard stays behind for a moment to ponder something. Shaking his head free of horrid thoughts, he joins up with the siblings not too long afterward.

During the battle, Nai, Rena or Greenbeard can speak to the thief Violet in order to recruit her. If Nai speaks to her, she flirts with him and mentions he'd be worth a lot if he was made of money, joining the crew to venture the world for gold. If Rena speaks to her she talks about how girls always interested her and will join the crew if Rena's with them. If Greenbeard speaks to her, she brings up how she'd much rather have spoken to one of the siblings, but joins the crew anyone with the promise of money.

After the battle, Nai and Rena immediately look for survivors, but only finds one injured and unconscious bandit who they take back with them to the ship. Greenbeard however ignores any and all chances to search for survivors and immediately goes to looting what he can from the village's remains. Nai is appalled by this action and calls Greenbeard out on it, but James is quick to bring up the fact that he and his sister are pirates now and this is what the do for a living; if Nai had a problem with that, Greenbeard had no quarrels leaving him here to fend for himself. Nai shut-up immediately after that. Back on the ship, the bandit wakes up and reveals himself as Red. He mentions that he loathes piracy and wants off the ship immediately, and even with Greenbeard's threats he doesn't silence himself. However, Nai discovers on Red's person was a map to buried treasure on Cronus Island. With a new goal in mind, the ship sets sail to the small isle.

This chapter teaches you about magic users, talking to allies to recruit them and unlocking treasure chests.

Chapter 4: Bounty
Goal: Retrieve all 4 gold bars and escape the map
Allies: Red

The only notable thing on Cronus Island is a large shrine with hourglass structures, so the crew decides that is the best place to start searching. Lo and behold a group has already set foot on the island and is gathering up various relics, but this group isn't comprised of bandits rather the imposing Everett empire. Sparking rage within both Nai and Rena, they request that they leave the island before they get caught. Greenbeard however continues the course too blinded by the promise of money, and with his mind set the crew is forced to help him achieve his goals.

The siblings are able to convince Greenbeard that they can continue this adventure, but they have to make sure they aren't seen by any soldiers. Seeing their flag sparks anger within Red however and he breaks free of his tied up state to do battle with them. Unable to stop him, the crew engages combat with the soldiers, but even Greenbeard now sees he may have bitten off more than he could chew. He tells his crew that they don't have to defeat the soldiers, but rather take as much gold as they can and head back to the ship. They're able to calm Red down and have him help the pirates hoard the treasure.

After combat, Nai and Rena attempt to explain their hatred for the empire, but Greenbeard stops them and says how just about everyone in the Agua isles hates the Everett empire for their horrible take on how justice works. He tells the two that one of the reasons he became a pirate in the first place was to disobey the rules set out by the empire, but goes no further on the subject. Nai's curiosity gets the better of him and speaks with his sister for a moment on what Greenbeard's past could have been.

This chapter teaches you about firearms and how they can be used to attack enemies behind walls.

Chapter 5: The Eternal Fruit
Allies: Eden

Greenbeard gets word that there exists a type of fruit on Rhea Island that can extend your life and thus makes it a point to travel to Rhea and obtain as much of this fruit as possible. Nai brings up how this could easily be someone lying to make them go on a wild goose chase, but Rena calls him a stick in the mud and asks him to have at least a little bit of an adventurous side. Nai agrees and the crew sets off to Rhea Island to eat the magical fruit.

But when they get to the plains where the fruits are said to grow, they are confronted by the forest's guardian. She introduces herself as Eden Evergreen and asks Nai, Rena and Greenbeard why they've come to her island. They explain they've come for the fruit in a tone that surprises Eden, as not many would patiently answer her question before they started hoarding as much fruit as they could. As a way of expressing her gratitude, she allows the crew to eat as many fruits as they want. However, another band of pirates walks onto the plains and begins stealing the fruit without Eden's permission, angering her and accusing the crew to be in cahoots with the others.

During battle, if Eden is maximum five squares away from a unit defeating an enemy, she will calm down and join the battle against the opposing pirate force. This is how she joins during battle, but will join the crew either way at the end of the chapter.

After the pirate commander is dealt with, Eden comes to terms that just her power alone isn't enough to protect the plains. She offers that the crew stays with her to help defend the fruit, but Greenbeard immediately declines by stating they need to stay on the move. This statement further peaks Nai's curiosity. Rena offers that Eden come with them, and after some discussion on what would become of the plains she joins them. Greenbeard says that there is a town on Rhea they can rest up at, and the siblings both agree a night's sleep not on the ship would be a nice change of scenery.

This chapter teaches you how to swap crew members from the field of battle to reserves.

Chapter 6: High and Mighty
Allies: Maybelle

In Scarlet Town, Rena and Nai stay in the same inn room as per their request. During the night, Nai asks Rena if she's noticed anything strange about Greenbeard, to which she replies no. Nai then asks if she trusts him, which is a question she finds some trouble in answering, much to her confusion. She finally answers with an uneasy yes, but claims she needs to spend more time around him first. Accepting that answer, Nai prepares to head to sleep before a loud crash is heard outside the inn. Both siblings rush out to see what caused such a noise.

The Everett empire had come in the dead of night to make the people of Scarlet Town pay taxes. Commanding them is Andrew Yggdrasil, high commander of the Everett military force and right-hand man to the leader of the empire. He's also thinks highly of himself and takes any opportunity to insult those lower than him, even his own troop. He immediately takes note of Nai and Rena and claims to recognize them from somewhere, but can't quite remember where. He passes it off as a mere coincidence and continues his assault on the town, demanding that residents pay up before his soldiers burn the place down. Of course the siblings take a stand to this and it isn't long before Greenbeard and the crew join up with them.

Maybelle is introduced on the third turn in and explains to Nai that she's ready for battle, calling him "Boss". when Greenbeard questions this, Nai stutters and meekly explains he used some of their funds to buy an extra crew member to aid them in their adventure. Greenbeard stays quiet through the rest of the chapter. Also on the map is the ally Oran Bellows, a Pegasus Rider and member of the Scarlet patrol who does his best to fend off the invading Everett soldiers.

Despite Andrew's best efforts, he severely underestimates the crew and is defeated easily by Nai and Rena's strategies. Begrudgingly he retreats, but not without swearing that he'll return one day to finish this little dispute with a fresh army and battle strategies of his own. After the battle, Oran flies down and greets the crew. He mentions that life in Scarlet Town has been boring until tonight and wishes to join the pirates on an adventure across the seas. Rena, taking a slight crush on him, begs Greenbeard to let him in. After some thought, he allows the Pegasus Rider into his crew, but only if he swears full service to him. Oran agrees and even tells him he knows of someone who can help the crew in their search for gold and treasure.

Chapter 7: Mysteries of Arcadia
Goal: Escort Xavier to safety and escape the map
Allies: Oran, Xavier

Finding themselves on Oceanus Island, Oran leads the crew directly to a pirate base located in a cavern. Though they have to sneak in, Oran manages to get them to an old friend of his: the pirate strategist Xavier. Before introductions are even finished, Greenbeard asks Xavier if he knows where some great riches lie. He confirms this, but will only aid the crew if they can get him out of the pirate alcove alive. Nai questions this, and Xavier kindly answers that he's only working for this group of pirates to research the land around him. Rena assures that once this mission is over, Xavier will be given hospitality and a chance to more efficiently explore and research the world. With the terms in place, all present agree to get the strategist out.

This map can be completed without fighting a single enemy and just have Xavier reach the green tiles without dying, though the player could potentially miss out on treasure chests, rare weapons and precious EXP for units. This chapter is failed if Xavier dies, though this goes without saying.

Afterwards, Xavier extends his warmest thanks and shows the crew a map of some ancient ruins on Oceanus Island. The ancient city of Arcadia has been all but robbed of any goods worthwhile to a pirate, but Xavier believes there may still be something valuable there that no one had the brains to consider when robbing the place for what its worth. Though skeptical, the siblings and Greenbeard decide to take the strategist's word for it and head out to the center-most location of Oceanus Island, the ruins of Arcadia.

This chapter teaches you about escorting certain units off the map to reach the goal.

Paralogue 1: The Sight of Blood (Optional)
Allies: Mack

Taking a slight detour back to Tethys Island to pick up any remaining treasure that might be there, Rena runs into a small village being attacked by bandits. She goes to get her brother and crew mates, but is surprised to see a young man fending the bandits off with surprising luck, laughing like a maniac the whole time through. Nai, Greenbeard and the others eventually catch up with her and witness the carnage as well. Greenbeard, impressed by the farmhand's display of violence, decides to help out and join the battle. Nai and Rena have no choice but to go with him.

Nai asks the farmhand what his name is. Though it takes a moment, he introduces himself as Mack. He mentions he had to think for a moment if Nai was a bandit or not before responding with an answer or a spear to the face. Mack explains he's always had a fascination with watching blood drip from his enemies, which is partly why he's so easily able to fend off the invading bandits.

After the battle if Mack gained a level, he'll tell the crew that watching the blood drip from his enemies whilst battling alongside allies was an exhilarating experience to say the least. He'll join the crew without a second thought, finding common grounds with Greenbeard's ideals and his lust for killing. This outcome leaves Nai and Rena confused, but ultimately they just go along with it.

Chapter 8: Legends Retold

The dawn casts its light over the ruins of Arcadia and thus gives the crew a clear path in front of them. As Nai, Rena and Greenbeard explore the ruins, they hear chatter off in the distance. As Nai goes to investigate the chatter, Rena and Greenbeard are encircled by a small squadron of Everett empire troops. The soldiers say nothing on the matter, but the two are easily able to deduce that the empire is here to uncover the treasure as per the information given by Xavier. Nai returns to try and fight them off, but Greenbeard and Rena are easily able to fend off the troops. With no choice, the crew must defeat the empire soldiers before they continue on their quest.

Once the troop and their commander is disposed of and the remaining troopers flee the scene, Nai discovers what it was that the empire was looking for: a stone tablet with several inscriptions on it. Though the language is foreign, Nai and Rena are somehow able to easily understand it, much to the confusion of Greenbeard. The tablet's words have rubbed off with time, but they tell of an evil being known as Leviathan that ravaged the world many years ago. Unsure of why the Everett empire wanted a seemingly worthless tablet, the three agree to follow the fleeing troops to try and find out more of what the empire wants, though Greenbeard is mostly in it to see if the soldiers have any treasure on them.

Later that night on the ship, Nai is on deck leaning on the railing and looking out over Oceanus Island when Greenbeard comes and joins him. When he asked what Nai was doing this late, he replies that he was just thinking over some things; how he was able to read the tablet, the Everett soldiers in Arcadia and of course how Greenbeard protected his sister during the battle, an action which he thanks the pirate for.

Greenbeard reveals he overheard Nai and Rena speaking to each other about him and was taken aback by the word being said. He admits he was wondering if he should just leave the siblings here, but after seeing them fight off the Everett empire's attempt of taking Scarlet Town he had a change of heart and gave them another chance. The two agree that they have their differences and will both try to work with each other in the future, and Greenbeard promises to protect the siblings with his life. When Nai asks if Greenbeard will reveal why he truly became a pirate, Greenbeard shakes his head and tells him to be patient.

Chapter 9: Those who Defy
Allies: Persephone, Jill

The crew trace the soldiers to a large river that cuts straight down the middle of Oceanus Island called the Passing River. The crew is about to engage the enemy as per usual, but notices that another group is on the field as well. They don't appear to be with the Everett empire, rather they are opposing and fighting against them. Greenbeard tells Nai and Rena that they're one of the many groups of freedom fighters that attempts to go against the Everett empire, but makes it a point to mention they're all too stupid to consider banding together. Because of this, they're usually wiped out fairly quickly. Both Nai and Rena take interest in them however.

Persephone and Jill are now on the field, and only Nai and Rena can speak to the former to get both to join. If Nai speaks to her, Persephone asks that he move out of the way and let her do her job. After some humorous confusion, he informs her that they too are against the empire and wish to band together and take them down, an offer too good for her to pass up. If Rena speaks to her, Persephone mentions that she reminds her of someone from her past. Rena cracks a harmless joke and asks if she and her friend are willing to join with her and fend off the empire, an offer too good for her to pass up.

Once the commander is defeated, if Persephone and Jill are recruited they mention that the troops they were fighting came from the nearby Outlook Mountain, where they believe the Everett empire soldiers have set up some sort of base. The crew collectively agrees it would be best to at least scout the area for anything worthwhile. If they are not recruited, Greenbeard notices a few stragglers heading up the mountain, and thus the crew makes their way to see what the empire might be planning.

Chapter 10: Darius Everett
Goal: Rescue the girl and escape the map
Allies: Skye

At the peak of the mountain where it is constantly snowing, Rena sees a flag up ahead along the path the crew are taking. On it is undoubtedly the emblem of the Everett empire, and only a few meters up the mountain later are their suspicions of a camp set up by the empire confirmed. After realizing just how many troops there were, and quite possibly even more within the tents of the camp, Greenbeard suggests turning away. However, Nai notices a girl caged up in the heart of the camp and, out of pity, rushes in to save her. Rena tries to stop him, but is unable to call him back.

Unfortunately, he bumps into an imposing man with jet black armor and a giant weapon on his back. The man gives Nai a condescending look before Nai unsheathes his weapon at the man. Finding interest in Nai, the man introduces himself as Darius, leader of the Everett empire and ruler of the Agua Isles. Rena and Greenbeard, their position having been compromised, reveal themselves and confront Darius alongside Nai, taking out their own weapons at the man. However, Darius examines Nai and Rena for a moment, pondering if he's seen them before. This confuses the siblings, though Darius is quick to shake his mind free of any doubtful thoughts he may have had and summons soldiers to his side.

The chapter has an infinite amount of spawning enemies. The enemies will start out with standard power levels, but as the waves go on they begin to get stronger. For this it is not recommended you stick around the map for very long. It's also recommended you don't engage Darius, as he is the same level now he'll be endgame. Anyone can open the lock on the girl's cage. She shyly introduces herself as Skye, a manakete from a faraway land. She will aid the others in battle until the crew can safely flee the map. The chapter will fail if the crew flees before saving Skye.

After returning to the ship, Skye explains she was captured by Darius for her blood. Manakete blood infused with various other ingredients can yield powerful results, such as strong explosives, high-grade medical items and fake death potions. Greenbeard offers her a spot in the crew, and she immediately accepts since others in the isles despised her for who she was. Once Skye is gone, Greenbeard gives Nai a disappointed look before leaving. Rena slaps him across the face for his recklessness on the mountain, telling him he could have gotten everyone killed if they faced such a powerful opponent like Darius. She then criticizes her brother for stopping her from doing reckless things when he somehow gets a free pass. Nai regretfully understands and promises to not be so reckless again.

Nai does mention though that there was something about Darius that felt familiar to him, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Meanwhile, over on Atlas Island, the home base of the Everett empire, Darius feels the exact same way. But unlike Nai, he soon realizes just who he and his sister are. Without any semblance of sanity, he let's out a laugh.

Chapter 11: Down and Dirty
Goal: Escape the map

A few days after the Darius incident, whilst on deck Rena receives a distress letter from a messenger bird. It tells of a fortress under siege by the Everett empire. She informs Nai and Greenbeard about it, though the latter refuses to do anything regarding the matter. Frustrating Rena, she takes control of the ship and steers it towards their destination: Asteria Island. Greenbeard tries to stop Rena from continuing the course, but Nai stops him and tells him that he's tried and failed many times to change his sister's mind in the past. Begrudgingly Greenbeard goes along with it.

Greenbeard says that Asteria's high cliffs make it almost impossible to land from anywhere other than one place, that place being a swamp that is said to suck the life from any who dare enter it. Even with this news in mind, Rena is determined to save the people on the island and continues course. Once the crew gets to the swamp, they are attacked by mysterious plant monsters that block most routes to the swamp's exit. If Eden is alive by the time this chapter starts, she informs the crew that these are the swamp's guardians who do in fact have the ability to sap life away. She stresses extreme caution as they traverse the map.

Several guardians will have to be fought as they block the routes to the end of the map. Defeating other guardians is a good source of EXP, though most can be completely ignored as the crew makes their way to the exit.

After traversing the swamp, Rena sees the fortress up ahead and rushes to help it, but Nai stops her. He says that they both have things they have to learn and asks his sister to recall a few nights ago when she pulled him aside and questioned his rash choice. She smiles and agrees not to make any mistakes like her idiot brother before continuing her run towards the fortress.

Chapter 12: Innocence
Goal: Defend the fortress for 12 turns
Allies: Eveline, Sterling

As soon as the crew reaches the fortress, they are met by a young woman wearing Everett empire clothing. Though the siblings and Greenbeard are about to strike, she assures the crew that she means no harm and is doing her best to heal those within the fortress. Rena brings up that they received a distress letter and the young woman is quick to confirm it was her. She introduces herself as Eveline Yggdrasil, daughter of Andrew Yggdrasil, a fact that immediately riles the crew up again. After a quick insult at their sudden behavior, she corrects herself and apologizes, explaining she's been doing her best to shelter these people in the fortress who've just had their village destroyed by the empire.

At that moment, an army of Everett troops arrives at the fortress to tear it down and finish what they've started. Leading them in none other than Andrew Yggdrasil who, after learning that the crew is here in the fortress, is more ecstatic than ever to destroy it and kill those that oppose him. With no other choice, Nai, Rena and Greenbeard prepare for battle. However, Eveline requests that she joins the pirates to help them fend off the invading army. While Greenbeard brings up such a dainty lady shouldn't be in battle, Eveline is quick to retaliate and insist that he let her join. With no time to lose, Greenbeard groans and agrees to it.

If Nichol is still alive, she can recruit a character on the field from Andrew's army named Sterling who is a Dark Mage. Sterling is Nichol's brother and left her to venture on his own path. Nichol is disappointed in her brother that she chose that life instead of pursuing a less evil path. After some talk, Nichol somehow convinces Sterling to join the crew and become stronger with her.

After twelve turns, Nai is about to finish off a soldier when the latter suddenly begs for mercy. Confused, Nai looks deep into the soldier's eyes and sees a frightened man unable to continue fighting. Nai is about to give the man mercy; suddenly Greenbeard comes from the side and strikes him down and kills him, much to the horror of Nai. Nai is about to speak up about the matter, but Greenbeard merely continues on his way, slaughtering any empire soldier he comes across. This greatly worries the young man.

Andrew retreats with a warning that he'll return stronger than before and that a bounty is now on the crew's heads. Eveline expresses her thanks the best she can, despite her snooty nature. She informs the crew that there is a woman in the fortress with an illness that could easily start spreading haven given enough time to incubate within her. It is incurable by any means save for one: a type of flower that only grows on Iapetus Island. She wishes to go with the crew to find this flower and stop a potential outbreak from happening. Nai and Rena quickly agree, but Greenbeard is hesitant for a moment. After some thought, he eventually decides to go as well.

This chapter teaches you about recruiting enemies.

Chapter 13: The Magic Flower
Goal: Defeat the boss before 10 turns
Allies: Sean

Due to Iapetus Island being a wasteland of sand and dust, the crew are sure to train their Pegasus Riders should they have any. Though the island is small, the weather is harsh and inhospitable to most. Greenbeard suggests they locate the flower as soon as they can as to not be caught up in any kind of sandstorm while they're there. After searching around a bit, Eveline finally sees a patch of these magic flowers and motions the crew to follow her. Unfortunately the area had been taken over by a group of bandits, the leader of which Greenbeard is oddly enough familiar with. Nai questions why, but Greenbeard ignores him and swears to defeat the bandit leader.

Rena sees that a sandstorm is coming and they best defeat the bandit leader and take the flowers before it hits as to avoid getting swept away in the giant cloud of dust. She determines the crew has at maximum ten turns before then, which isn't a whole lot of time. Nai and Greenbeard take heed and prepare for combat.

After the battle, Rena picks some flowers and heads back to the ship with her brother and captain. Back in the fortress, a potion that will cure the woman's disease is made by Eveline, should she still be alive. Otherwise it will just be a random nurse. Either will thank you for what you've done, though if Eveline is still alive you get an added snooty comment as well.

Later on the ship, Nai and Rena question Greenbeard about how the bandit knew him. Instead of giving a straight answer, he replies with a question of his own: would Nai and Rena be interested in visiting Greenbeard's home country? After all, Nai was interested in how Greenbeard became a pirate in the first place. The siblings immediately accept and the pirate goes to change course. In private, Rena asks Nai if he noticed the sadness in his eyes when he spoke, to which he nods in confirmation.

Paralogue 2: Foreign Hatred (Optional)
Goal: Defend the village for 8 turns
Allies: Aimee

The ship takes a slight detour back to Rhea Island to restock for supplies. Greenbeard says he knows a fantastic place that sells exotic weaponry and armor: a village of foreigners that live in seclusion from others. Nai and Rena agree the idea interests them and they go along with whatever their captain has planned for the crew. However when they arrive, they see the village is under attack by a horde of raiders who dislike the very idea of foreigners in their lands. Enraged by this, the trio leap into action to defend the village.

Aimee is a Pegasus Rider who gets into an argument with several raiders about what they're doing with her village. She speaks in a language unfamiliar to Nai and Rena, though some words of hers come out as their familiar language. She sees the crew and immediately joins them, asking for their assistance in defending her homeland. Nai and Rena are quick to accept and attack the discriminating raiders invading the village. Strangely enough, Aimee develops a romantic interest in Nai, despite the fact he can't understand a word she's saying due to a nervous twitch that causes her to only speak her language when she's flustered. She attempts to express her love clearly, but all she gets is confused reaction from him not understanding what she's saying.

Once the village has been defended for eight turns, the raiders realize the crew's power and retreat, never to return to the village. To express her gratitude, Aimee offers to join the crew and give them an extra pair of hands on the ship. Greenbeard heartily agrees, commenting that the crew could use a foreigner to speak languages unknown to them. Though Aimee is slightly upset at the comment, Rena assures her that this is a common thing for their captain and to just get used to it.

Chapter 14: A Past Long Forgotten

Greenbeard finally brings the ship to his homeland of Themis Island, a place said to be the birthplace of piracy. He docks the ship in a dripping cave and tells Nai and Rena that this was the very cave he explored as a child, though it had obviously changed in the years he had been away. Nai finally becomes impatient and asks Greenbeard why he brought them here and to tell the entire story of how he became a pirate. Greenbeard, feeling offended that Nai isn't being patient with him, silences himself and tells him and his sister that he'll explain everything once they reached the town just outside the cave.

But before the crew can exit, a group of pirates blocks the way, forcing the crew to engage them and defeat them. Some of the pirates seem to recognize Greenbeard and seem insistent on fighting him. Regretfully, Greenbeard gives them the battle they so desperately want.

After the battle, Greenbeard continues to give the silent treatment, insisting that the siblings follow him outside the cave where he promises to explain everything and clear this up once and for all. Amongst themselves, Nai and Rena discuss how Greenbeard might've become a pirate. Though Rena jokes about it, Nai seems slightly more concerned on the matter. Rena tells him to stop being such a stick in the mud, however Nai retaliates by telling her there's a time and a place for everything, especially joking around. He leaves her side by commenting that he wishes his sister would take her life more seriously. This upsets Rena and she keeps her distance from her brother.

Meanwhile on Atlas Island, Darius is planning to capture the island of Pallas to gain access to Prometheus Island. Andrew points out that not even Darius's ancestors dared tread the molten land, though Darius simply explains that now is a good a time as any to expand their empire and show the Agua Isles what kind of power the Everett empire holds. He also asks Andrew that should he come across Nai and Rena again, he is to capture them and bring them before him. As soon as Andrew leaves the room to prepare for the assault, Darius pulls out a stylized stone badge the size of his hand with a dull blue gem in the middle. He looks intently into it, thinking about his encounter with the siblings and muttering something about how it will all be over soon.

Chapter 15: What's Gone is Gone
Allies: Alexandra

At last the crew arrives at the place Greenbeard wanted to show them: an abandoned and utterly destroyed village looking over a cliff. The siblings want to question what this place is, but one look at how Greenbeard observes the area gives them all they need to know. He explains that this was his home before the Everett empire attacked and destroyed the place. Greenbeard then vowed to kill every last one of them before his life was over. Nai begins to question his captain's moral choices.

Before Greenbeard can respond, they hear a scream coming from deeper within the village. Rushing the the scene, the crew discovers that a girl is being attacked by what appear to be undead pirates. When asked, the girl reveals herself as Alexandra, a Pegasus Rider. She was exploring the Island when suddenly the "Ghouls" as she dubs them cornered her. When Rena remarks how it was possible that someone riding a Pegasus was cornered by creatures that couldn't fly, everyone ignores her and jumps into action, slightly frustrating her.

If Alexandra is still alive by the end of the chapter, she thanks the crew for their help and gives them a scroll she found whilst exploring. Otherwise Rena will find it and show it to the others. The scroll is in the same language Nai and Rena are somehow able to understand and it is revealed that the writing is a near-complete replica of the tablet they found in Arcadia. It tells of the same Leviathan that ravaged the land, but also of Guerrero and the two sacred emblems which gave them their power: the Water Emblem and the Fire Emblem, respectively. The siblings finally knew why the Everett empire was after the tablet in the ruins; they wished to find a means to reawaken Leviathan and return chaos to the world. This further cements Greenbeard's hatred for the empire, but Rena starts having her doubts.

She mentions that every time they encounter the empire, they are lead by some sort of commander truly devoted to the cause. She brings up the possibility that the soldiers of the empire are merely tools used by these commanders to do their bidding. Of course Greenbeard disregards the theory, but asks Rena why she thinks that. Unable to find an answer, Nai speaks up; he tells him that he and his sister have met so many people on this little adventure of theirs, some good and others bad. He then brings up Eveline, the daughter of Darius Everett's right hand man who defected to their side, and a soldier he fought and attempted to spare before Greenbeard killed him, bringing the possibility and likely fact that not everyone within the empire is evil. Greenbeard merely shakes his head and returns to the ship, awaiting the siblings to continue on their journey.

Rena and Nai are concerned that their captain's hateful attitude towards the Everett empire may create confusion and tragedy between the crew. Nonetheless, they return to the ship as well to venture out and explore new lands.

Chapter 16: Breaking Daylight
Allies: Joker

Greenbeard takes an interest in the Fire Emblem and explains this may be their chance to end the tyranny of the Everett empire once and for all. With slight concern, Nai explains the scroll mentions that a key to unlocking the Emblem's power is on Helios Island, an island constantly bathed in light. Greenbeard sets a course for the island to try and retrieve this key, blindly following his rage. Rena expresses her concern for the captain and Nai is quick to agree with her, but tells her all they can do now is wait. When they have this moment to themselves, Nai takes it upon himself to apologize for his behavior on Themis Island towards her. Rena accepts the apology and makes an agreement with her brother that she will start taking important matters more seriously if he stops taking everything so seriously. He agrees to those terms and is glad they were able to talk this feud out.

On Helios Island exists a temple that had been sealed for a little over 150 years, and no one has been able to open it since then. Greenbeard says there is a good place to begin searching for the key and lands the ship in the island's shallows, putting down a ramp for the crew to use as a means of getting off. He examines the area determined to find the key when all of a sudden he is attacked by a horde of ruffians that are determined to steal the ship and get off the island. The crew engage in combat with the ruffians.

During the battle, an odd man appears onto the map. When Nai and Rena ask who he is, he introduces himself as Joker, a butler of the Everett empire left on this island some time ago. Despite being alone for so long, he managed to keep his sense of humanity and his clothes tidy. He explains he's taken a liking to both siblings and wishes to serve under them as their servant. Though Nai seems flustered at the idea of someone else doing everything for him, Rena is ecstatic about it and lets Joker join them. Nai does make a point to mention that Joker best keep his origins a secret for the time being as their leader is going through some anger issues right now, and with a simple bow Joker vows to keep that promise for his new master and mistress.

After the battle, one of the surviving ruffians reveals himself to be a previous member of the Everett empire, angering Greenbeard further. As he moves to finish off the defeated soldier, Nai blocks the attack and allows the ruffian to explain himself. The ruffian says that he and the others were also once part of the empire, but were tossed away like fodder months and even years ago; they have all been trying to escape the island.

Nai apologizes for what happened to them and offers to help them escape the island using the ship, but Greenbeard has none of that. Rena then suggests that it would be beneficial for the survivors to build a port town on Helios Island as a means of creating trade routes and the sort; like starting their lives all over again and building back up to glory, working together to accomplish their goals. The ruffians all agree and begin work on their new home as soon as the trio leave.

Nai attempts to confront Greenbeard on the matter, but he seems to distant to speak now. Both siblings worry for his safety.

Chapter 17: Hit 'em where it Hurts
Goal: Capture all the red tiles
Allies: Rita, Cobalt

As the ship continues through the ocean and the crew seems very distant from each other. Greenbeard hasn't spoken in a while and the siblings are out on the bow of the ship looking out to the boundless ocean before them. They speak to each other about their captain's behavior towards even surrendering Everett empire soldiers and discuss if this attitude is healthy or dangerous for him. However, before they can continue they notice something off in the distance, later realizing this is smoke from the nearby island of Pallas. Alerting Greenbeard, he takes the ship towards the village, though expresses he only wishes to salvage what's left of the town.

When the crew arrives, Everett empire flags are strewn about town and leading the army is none other than Andrew Yggdrasil. He notices the crew and speaks directly to Nai and Rena, expressing his true nature and lunacy. Both siblings are shocked by his return despite having been defeated over and over again. They express why he's done this and he merely explains that it was "all part of the plan", but then says he was ordered by Darius Everett himself to capture them for whatever reason. They and Greenbeard unsheathe their weapons for battle.

During the chapter, two mysterious units will enter the field. They start bickering and bantering about how they might be lost and could also potentially be in the middle of a war. Their names are Cobalt and Rita, and they can be spoken to by either Nai, Rena or Greenbeard to recruit them. If Nai speaks to either of them, he'll ask who they are. Cobalt will introduce himself and Rita and explain that they are from a faraway land in search of a job. Nai sees how useful they could be and recruits them immediately, much to the joy of Rita. If Rena speaks to either of them, Rita will immediately interrupt her and praise about how pretty Rena looked, as well as laugh at the fact their names are so similar-sounding. She introduces herself and Cobolt and will happily join the battle if it's alright with her. Rena accepts her request. If Greenbeard speaks to either of them, he questions if they're part of the Everett empire with Cobalt responding they have no idea what that is. Cobalt introduces himself and his partner and ask if the opposing party is the empire, to which Greenbeard confirms. Rita huffs at the fact the empire is doing this to innocent people and wants to aid in the battle. Of course any new crew member is okay to Greenbeard and he immediately accepts them.

This map requires that the player capture all the glowing red tiles and turn them blue to retake the town. To capture a red tile, a unit must wait on the tile for at least a turn before a successful capture. Afterwards the unit can move again. Enemies are able to retake tiles, but can be stopped before their next turn begins.

After another crushing defeat, Andrew falls back to his blockade in the middle of the Agua Ocean between Pallas and Prometheus. Even Greenbeard doesn't really want to head towards Prometheus Island, but after a villager tells the crew that she overheard empire soldiers talk about how Darius gave them secret orders to retrieve something from there, it doesn't take long for Nai, Rena and Greenbeard to piece together what that could be. Nott wanting the conflict to continue, the crew decide now is a good place to end Andrew's reign of power once and for all and follow him.

Chapter 18: Blockade

Andrew is shocked at the fact that the crew managed to follow him all the way to his blockade, but isn't at all angry. In fact, he boasts that "no mere mortal" could ever get through his wall of ships. Greenbeard takes this as a challenge and tells Nai and Rena to prepare for sea combat, arming the weaponry and other such devices on the ship. Though Andrew is impressed by their resolve to get through the blockade, he insists that there is no possible way they could breach it.

This chapter utilizes ship functions purchased from the "My Ship" feature and can all be used for this chapter, the next chapter and all subsequent returns to said chapters. The boss is Andrew's ship's supportive pillar, which cannot be attacked without boarding tools. Cannons can be used to inflict damage on opposing units and eventually take out the pillar itself. Like mentioned before, a boarding tool can be used to board Andrew's ship and defeat enemies and open treasure chests.

Once the supportive pillar is destroyed, Andrew's ship starts to sink, leaving an opening in the blockade just large enough for Greenbeard's ship to squeeze through. As Andrew hops over to another ship, he curses the crew and, once again, swears vengeance upon them and vowing to defeat them one day. At this point the crew merely shrug at his threats and continue onward to Prometheus Island.

Chapter 19: Maelstrom

As the ship continues through the now stormy seas, Greenbeard mentions to Nai and Rena that Prometheus Island is surrounded by powerful currents and tides that block any and all ships from getting to it, save for one entrance only accessible via Pallas Island. Furthermore, Prometheus is covered in lava, meaning even if one could reach the isle they wouldn't make it very far. Nai questions why now of all times Darius would want to invade the island, to which Greenbeard responds that the empire is trying to find the Fire Emblem. Nai immediately corrects him and says he only spoke of Darius, whom he knows is the true one behind the empire's aggression. Greenbeard merely shakes his head and continues steering the ship.

But with a sudden flash of lightning, a gigantic vortex of water opens up in front of the ship, wasting no time to suck it in. With a blood-curdling screech, an army of empire Wyvern Knights comes and raids the ship. With them is none other than Darius Everett himself with a mysterious relic chained around his neck. He steps onto the deck and, using the relic, creates floating mounts of dirt as a means of expanding the battlefield.

Greenbeard attempts to attack Darius, but fails miserably. Nai questions how Darius was able to block the captain's attack so easily, to which he tells the siblings that so long as he holds the Water Emblem he is indestructible. Nai and Rena finally realize the relic around his neck is the Water Emblem and it's the thing causing the maelstrom to continue. With no other option, the siblings prepare to fight through the empire troops to reach and defeat Darius here and now.

If either sibling is the one to engage Darius in combat, he mentions how little they understand their past. When either Nai or Rena question this quote with their own words to say, Darius merely says they will learn if they can defeat them in battle.

At last after the battle, Darius is knocked back but still standing. Nai, Rena and Greenbeard are all eager to finish him off, all with differentiating reasons between them, but the general merely laughs and shakes his head. He questions if Nai and Rena ever considered their past or where they may have come from, to which both of them decline. A cutscene plays with Darius approaching the two menacingly, speaking in a slightly calmer voice. He calls them son and daughter, making mention that he's proud of them for what they've become. Of course Nai and Rena are shocked by this outcome, but before anyone on board can react a bolt of lightning hits the ship and everything goes white.

Between chapters 19 to 22, revisiting areas is not possible.

Chapter 20: Loss
Allies: DT

Nai and Rena awaken on a browned grass field to the smell of smoke and burning. They are quickly able to deduce they're on Prometheus Island. Rena frantically looks around to try and find the others as a means of rejoining with them, but after a quick look around from Nai he can confirm they're just about completely alone. He takes this time to ask his sister if she remembers what Darius said to her. She shakes her head and says she doesn't want to remember; the very thought that the leader of the Everett empire was their father frightened her. Nai brings up the possibility that he could have been lying to get on their nerves and hugs her in an act of comfort.

As they're distracted, a swarm of Everett empire troops surrounds them and requests that they come with them immediately. Unfortunately the siblings have lost their weapons after the sudden collapse on the island and have no way of defending themselves. But not wanting the empire to take them away and potentially separate the siblings, Nai acts stubbornly and opposes the soldiers. Rena rolls her eyes and joins her brother.

After one turn, a new character enters the battle. He introduces himself as DT, a wandering horseman with his trusty steed Hero. He tells the two that he saw them trying to fight off the soldiers without weapons and promptly gives them some "random junk" he found along the island shore. Both Nai and Rena receive whatever weapons and items they were carrying prior to chapter 20. DT asks them if he can join the battle, and Rena sarcastically comments they'll need all the help they can get.

The battle is won, though due to there only being three allies all they could really do is injure the soldiers. Curiously, Rena attempts something, stepping before the troops much to the worry of her brother. She tells them that they are Nai and Rena Everett, son and daughter of Darius Everett himself. Out of utter shock, the troops immediately lay down their weapons and respectfully bow, confirming Rena's suspicions. They explain that for years the siblings have been missing and many within the empire have tried to seek them out to overthrow their tyrannical ruler.

This causes the siblings to tense up, now that they know they are actually related to Darius Everett. Though they agree to seize this opportunity and tell the soldiers to fight with them to take down Darius and stop whatever it is he's planning. With a new army in tow, they travel along Prometheus Island to find the others and reform their crew.

Chapter 21: Betrayal
Goal: Defeat Greenbeard

As they continue, Rena questions if its a good idea to bring an army of Everett soldiers with them whilst searching for the man who hates the empire more than anyone else. Nai makes a point that without them they couldn't have gotten as far as they have through the island and was sure after he saw the army help them get back to them Greenbeard would completely forgive them. Rena says that's a stupid way of looking at things and Nai almost immediately agrees with her.

During their travels, the army comes across a large pool of lava they must cross to get further. The rocky bridge connecting one side to the other is stable enough to allow everyone to cross, but someone is blocking their path. As Nai and Rena get closer, a cutscene plays that reveals him to be Greenbeard, axe in hand and eyes burning with hatred. He jumps towards the siblings in an attempt to damage them, though thankfully they are able to dodge the oncoming attack. Nai shouts at Greenbeard and questions why he would turn on them, to which Greenbeard asks the exact same thing and points towards the Everett army. Rena tells him they can explain, but Greenbeard ignores them and tells them to prepare for battle, whether they like it or not.

This chapter greatly differs from other chapters, as you no longer have control over the crew but rather 8 generic Everett soldiers. Ten members of the crew are randomly chosen to battle for Greenbeard, making the battle either easy or difficult depending on who's where. Not to worry: crew members defeated here are not killed even in Classic mode and can be used in later chapters. Each crew member has something different to say to Nai and Rena ranging from how they still believe in them to how they don't want to fight them even to how disappointed they are for siding with the empire, and text will change if that unit happens to be married to Nai or Rena.

If Nai battles Greenbeard, he'll express his apologies towards the captain for this situation but tells him he can explain everything that's happening if he would just listen, though Greenbeard shouts at him to shut-up and tells him he's done listening to him. Nai questions him by his real name and asks why James is acting like this, especially since the two know each other fairly well. If Rena battles Greenbeard, she tells him that this is all one big misunderstanding and doesn't want to fight him, though Greenbeard shouts at her to shut-up and tells him he didn't exactly want to do this to her either. Rena calls him by his real name asks James to remember all the fun times they've had together, but Greenbeard is silent.

The battle ends when Greenbeard is defeated. Greenbeard tells the two to kill him like the animals they are, though the immediately refuse, making note they never wanted this to happen in the first place. Greenbeard is confused as to why lowly Everett scum would spare a pirate like him, and Rena tells him its because they consider him a friend. With nowhere else to go, Greenbeard heeds Rena's words and listens to what they have to say.

But timing couldn't be worse for the two as much more aggressive empire soldiers arrive to kill off the traitors in Nai and Rena's army and capture Greenbeard's crew. This regiment is lead by none other than Andrew Yggdrasil once again, gleeful that he was finally able to capture the pirate crew. Seeing the hundreds upon thousands of soldiers before them, not even Nai's stubborn nature can power its way through them; and though he tries, Rena stops him and tells him there are simply too many. He lets his guard down and allows everyone to be captured and taken to the nearby Everett camp.

Chapter 22: Truths
Goal: Escape the map
Allies: Kirito

All of the crew members are thrown into a large cell either for piracy, treason or otherwise. Andrew takes joy in watching each and every one thrown into the cell, even his own daughter whom, should she still be alive, remarks that she is no longer considered a part of his family. After some time, Greenbeard apologizes to Nai and Rena for his behavior towards them. When he saw the siblings who he trusted dearly had seemingly joined the Everett empire, anger got the better of him and he broke out into a rage. He promises to never do such a thing again.

He explains he had a crew prior to this current one, and together they would travel the seas in search of treasure and adventure. However, all of that was put to a halt when the Everett empire began climbing in power. He wasn't sure why they suddenly began invading other islands for control, but he knows it all began with Darius Everett. Since the empire came into power, pirate groups were quickly disbanded. Greenbeard and his crew resisted this disbanding and were all wiped away by the sheer power the empire had to offer. He was the only one that survived. It wasn't long after that when the empire began terrorizing small towns and villages as well, all of which combined to form his hatred for the empire. Nai and Rena forgive him for his actions and explain to him the events that happened up to that point.

They reveal they are in fact Darius Everett's children, though they had no idea they were even remotely related to him until very recently. Both swear to bring the man to justice. Greenbeard accepts this answer and admits he saw that not every soldier in the empire was as deranged as Darius or Andrew. He questions how the crew will get out of the prison, and at that very moment the door is unlocked by a strange man. He introduces himself as Kirito and introduces his wyvern who he calls his "Persona". He promises to get everyone out of the camp, explaining he's had it with Andrew barking orders at him and wants to aid in taking the empire down.

The player once again has control over the crew again.

After everyone selected for battle has successfully fled from the map, Greenbeard makes mention he noticed a harbor near the camp on their way there. The crew is surprised to find at said dock is none other than Greenbeard's ship which was apparently taken in by the empire to have searched. Without a second thought, everyone gets onto the ship and gets away from Prometheus Island.

Night falls over the ocean and Nai is once again considering what to do. Rena and Greenbeard join him for a talk. They come to the mutual agreement that the Everett empire must be stopped. Nai suggests taking the fight to the home base of the empire, though Greenbeard is quick to disagree. He explains that Atlas Island is heavily fortified and impassable due to various blockades and guard towers, and even if they were able to somehow get onto the island the troops there are heavily armored and equipped; they would be sitting ducks.

Unable to think about anything else, Rena recalls Darius was using the Water Emblem to control the waves and maelstrom. She brings up the possibility that perhaps the Fire Emblem is what's needed to counteract the power of the Water Emblem. After some thought, Nai agrees and makes it a point to discover where the Fire Emblem is hidden. Greenbeard questions where they can begin, and Nai immediately thinks of the temple on Helios Island. With no other leads to go by, the crew sets sail to Helios once again.

Paralogue 3: The Apprentice (Optional)
Goal: Capture all the red tiles
Allies: Sophia

On a trip that passes Iapetus Island, the crew spots a tall tower next to an oasis of sorts. Wondering if this will benefit the crew in any way, they set a short detour for the tower to see what they can find. Little did they expect to find a young woman fending off a battalion of Everett empire soldiers. The soldiers tell her to fork over everything in the tower about the Fire Emblem, to which she yawns and asks who exactly they are, much to their confusion and anger. Nai, Rena and Greenbeard rush to the scene to aid the woman in the battle.

To recruit the woman, Rena is the only one who can speak to her. She introduces herself as Sophia, the apprentice of the sorcerer that lived in the tower. When Rena asks Sophia where her master is, she replies with a nonchalant "Dead" and acts as if this was just another day in her life. Though confused, Rena wonders if Sophia would join the crew and fend off the soldiers, to which Sophie agrees and tells her that defending certain spots of the oasis and tower would help towards stopping the Everett empire from getting in, though she makes a point that she can't really get herself to move forward. She explains she's just too lazy and would rather not do anything, though Rena pushes her to help the crew anyway since Sophia already agreed to aid them.

After the soldiers are repelled, Sophia thanks the crew for pushing her to help them, otherwise she never would have protected her master's home. She explains that her master died a year ago and that this tower means little to her now that she can't continue her studies. She asks the crew if she can come with them to help her learn more about the world and casting spells, to which Greenbeard of course accepts her. She says she'll try not to let the crew down... but she makes no promises.

Chapter 23: Dark Emissary
Allies: Blake

Returning to the ever-sunny Helios, the crew once again reaches the temple, though this time they intend to actually get inside. Unsure exactly how to open the giant door blocking their path inside, Nai spots a young woman scurrying around the place as if she misplaced something. Nai, Rena and Greenbeard approach the woman out of purest curiosity only for her to accidentally run into Rena. She immediately apologizes and introduces herself as Blake Heathern, an archeologist trying to uncover the mysteries behind the temple. When Nai tells her they're also trying to get into the temple, Blake perks up and shows them a tablet she found.

Being in the same language Nai and Rena can read, it reads that only one of the Everett bloodline can open the door to the temple. However, it warns that Helios's constant sunlight will be lost to the dark of night should the seal be opened. With no other choice but to get inside, Nai and Rena place their hands on the temple doors which immediately causes said doors to flash a blue light and mysteriously disappear. An ominous shadow creeps out from the temple and envelops the island, turning the constant day to nighttime. The plants then suddenly light up in a beautiful display of luminescence. Impressed by this, Blake begs the crew to let her join them and hopefully learn more about the temples. Greenbeard heartily accepts.

Inside the temple, the crew is attacked by several shadowy figures. When Nai attempts to speak to the figures, they don't respond and simply continue attacking. One figure however is able to speak to Nai and Rena, though Greenbeard says he can't understand a word the figure is saying. The figure says that it was given a mission to protect this temple, but if the crew can defeat it in battle it will tell them the secret to uncovering what they seek: the Seal of Flames. With this in mind, Nai and Rena prepare to fight, filling Greenbeard in on what they have to do.

After the battle, the shadowy figure reveals itself to be the spirit of a human male. He respectfully bows at the crew's strength and, in the language everyone can understand, introduces himself as Lars Everett, Nai and Rena's great-grandfather. He explains that he was the leader of a cult that worshiped the ancient dragon Leviathan in an attempt to resurrect her after she was sealed away, though that's as much as he can say as he swore an oath of secrecy when he was assigned by the gods to protect this temple. He says that in order to open the Flaming Tomb on Coeus Island, the crew must head to temple on Asteria Island first where the second seal must be unlocked.

Making haste, Nai, Rena and Greenbeard thank the now fading Lars and make their way to Asteria. With a smile, Lars fully fades away and moves onto the next world, at last complete with his task.

Chapter 24: Judgement

As per told by Lars, the next temple was indeed on Asteria Island. Should Blake still be alive, she'll find yet another tablet that only Rena and Nai can read. Otherwise Greenbeard will find it. It reads that, once again, only one of the Everett bloodline can open the temple doors. It gives a warning that should the doors be opened, the sealed light within the temple will bread free and the eternal night that Asteria will be in will end. With a nod, the siblings open the door to the temple. This once again causes the doors to fade away, though this time in a flash of darkness, and send thousands of ribbons of light into the sky where the rain cloud is destroyed and the sun once again touches Asteria. Satisfied, Nai, Rena and Greenbeard enter the temple with the rest of the crew.

Inside, they are cornered by figures of light who don't immediately attack them. Instead, the being that appears to be the leader who speaks the tongue only Rena and Nai understand tells them that it was given a mission to protect this temple from intruders and will fight until it can fight no more, as per her judgement upon those who tread these grounds. Believing this to be the next trial, the siblings and captain prepare for combat.

After the battle, the light figure reveals itself to be the spirit of a human female. She smiles and thanks the crew for the battle and, in the language everyone can understand, introduces herself as Dahlia Everett, Nai and Rena's grandmother. She explains that Helios and Asteria were cursed by Leviathan as a means of stopping those who wanted to oppose her from finding the Fire Emblem. She also realizes that the crew has already spoken with her father and tells that she was attempting to lead the Everett cult out of their dark ways. However her son and the siblings' father, Darius, killed her and turned the cult into a full-blown empire to make the Agua Isles suitable for Leviathan's return.

With Lars already telling the crew what to do next, Dahlia implores her grandchildren to heed any and all warnings their way as the path before them is dark and treacherous. Greenbeard steps up and promises that he will make sure the two are never harmed; a promise he intends to keep after all the trouble he's caused. She thanks him, but also requests that they bring Darius back to the light. Nai and Rena promise and say goodbye to their grandmother as she finally moves onto the next world to rest, her duty having finally been fulfilled.

Chapter 25: Rebirth
Goal: Route the enemy

At last the crew returns to where it all began: Coeus Island. Rena makes mention that it feels nice to be back on the island where she and Nai began their little adventure and wonders what it had been like if they hadn't defeated those guards all that time ago. Greenbeard says they wouldn't be constantly annoying him with this adventure of theirs, though he says this merely in jest. Nai says they wouldn't be against the Everett empire otherwise and is now thankful that Greenbeard found them when he did. With this in mind, the crew continues their path to the tomb.

They find it has already been opened, most likely due to the two temples having been opened prior. They enter the tomb only to find a large room with a mysterious relic at the back that looks very much like the Water Emblem that Darius was using, only with a dull red gem in the middle instead. The siblings conclude this must be Fire Emblem and go to take it, though are immediately stopped by a human spirit. The spirit introduces himself to Nai, Rena and Greenbeard as Guerrero the fire dragon and explains he has taken this human form to prevent shock within the crew. He says that this is indeed the Fire Emblem and it can in fact defeat Darius, but once it is removed from the pedestal its power will return to it.

When Rena asks what's so bad about that, Guerrero explains that the Fire Emblem and Water Emblem work like light and darkness; you can't have one without the other. Once power is restored to one, the other one's power will be restored as well, meaning Darius will become even more powerful than before. Furthermore, the crew must face a trial before they are allowed to leave with the Fire Emblem, especially since Guerrero senses that Nai and Rena are of the Everett bloodline, a blood feared even by him. A cutscene plays, the siblings and captain accept the challenge and remove the Fire Emblem from its pedestal, sparking a great flame that summons warriors to the field of battle. Guerrero explains the crew must defeat them and himself should they be allowed to leave.

After a grueling battle, the fiery soldiers are destroyed and Guerrero accepts his defeat, seeing that even the dreaded Everett bloodline can have good as well. He praises the trio's good intentions and begs them to stop Darius from summoning Leviathan lest this world be in chaos once again. As a final farewell, Guerrero gifts the siblings and captain with the following:

For Nai, he is promoted to the Called Hero class due to his blood and is rewarded the legendary flaming sword "Ignatius".

For Rena, she is promoted to the Called Heroine class due to her blood and is rewarded the legendary flaming lance "Incendium".

For Greenbeard, he is not promoted due to his blood not being ancient but is rewarded the legendary flaming axe "Mulciber".

Guerrero makes the three promise to take down the Everett empire and save the Agua Isles, though Nai takes it a step further and explains they won't just defeat the empire but also save it from itself, as many within the empire are fighting for Darius against their will. When all is said and done, and with the Fire Emblem now in their possession, the crew finally makes their way to Atlas Island to confront Darius once and for all.

Meanwhile on Atlas Island, Darius is watching as the Water Emblem is slowly gaining power, though he is less than impressed. He speaks to Andrew about how this quest to summon Leviathan is almost at and end and now that the Water Emblem's power is being restored his children have found the Fire Emblem and are more than likely coming to stop him and the empire's plans. Andrew shakes his head and says that he will stop the crew before they even reach Darius, and if nothing else he will at least stall them. Darius thanks Andrew for his devotion to the cause of the empire and swears he will be heavily rewarded after this is all over.

Chapter 26: The Dark Country

At long last, Nai, Rena and Greenbeard reach Atlas Island, the largest and innermost isle of Agua. Greenbeard was more than right about the blockades around the island preventing any and all from entering without permission, but using the power of the Fire Emblem the crew is able to make a hole right through the blockade and dock the ship in an alcove they're sure the empire won't find. Despite the fact that some of ther crew are from Atlas Island, they are unfamiliar with the layout of the island and thus the crew must use their wits to get around.

It isn't long before Everett soldiers come to take them down before they get very far. The crew are able to dispatch of the soldiers though and they continue on their way to the closest settlement: Sundown City.

This chapter is mostly filler to get whatever unit's levels up before the story continues.

Paralogue 4: Defected (Optional)
Goal: Escort Nikolai to Safety and Escape the Map
Allies: Nikolai

A puff of distress beacon smoke causes the crew to take a short detour towards a small outpost surrounded by very mountainous terrain, almost as if the entire outpost was blocked off from the rest of the world. There the crew finds an older man fighting off his own men. After Nai, Rena and Greenbeard help him out, he introduces himself as Nikolai Valla, general of the Everett empire forces and recent defect to Darius's cause after he finally learned the truth about the Everett bloodline and what it intends to do after Leviathan is summoned.

However as he's explaining this, a new wave of empire troops enters the field with the full intent of killing Nikolai for the traitor that he is. Nikolai requests that the crew escort him to safety, and in return he will offer his services to them, telling Nai, Rena and Greenbeard that they won't be disappointed by his abilities. With seemingly no other choice as the soldiers have the crew cornered as well, the trio agrees to the ex-general's terms and helps him escape.

Afterwards, Nikolai is thankful and as promised helps the crew take down Darius once and for all so that he may live a good life.

Nikolai is one of the only three crew members with the potential to wield greatswords, the most powerful weapons in the game. Training Nikolai is recommended if you want to be cheat, you little bitch baby.

Chapter 27: Ambush

At last the crew reach Sundown City, despite the city being seemingly abandoned. Greenbeard asks the siblings if they remember anything about Atlas Island where they were born. Rena immediately scoffs and says of course they wouldn't remember since they were babies, but Nai takes a much calmer direction and explains they only knew Coeus Island since they could start remembering. There was a high chance that Darius left the siblings when they were recently born, though it did make Nai wonder why their father, being the crazed man into summoning Leviathan, wouldn't want his own children to inherit his power when he died.

Before anyone could answer, the crew is suddenly surrounded by Everett troops. This squad's general introduces himself as Zachary Vesper and continues talking on and on about how well he managed to ambush the siblings and captain and how flawless his plan was. He isn't able to finish his sentence when he's promptly shut-up by Nai with a quick sword swing to the body. Brushing it off, Zachary laughs and says he was told about Nai and Rena's relation to Darius Everett and wishes to take them in personally. Of course after everything the crew has been through, none of them agree to those terms and thus the battle begins.

Zachary's troop is destroyed and he is left on his knees with nowhere to go. But instead of killing him, Rena tells Zachary that too much blood has already been shed and their goal is to liberate the Everett empire, not destroy it. Zachary is confused, but Nai explains that he is willing to let this little hiccup slide so long as Zachary is willing to join the crew and take down Darius. When the general questions why he would ever agree to those terms, Greenbeard says he doesn't have to and pulls Mulciber on his neck.

It isn't long thereafter that Zachary joins the crew.

The crew sees the castle of Darius Everett up on a mountain overlooking the city, but to reach it they must pass through a perilous path with a deep cliff drop. With no other options, they make their way to the castle through this dangerous path.

Chapter 28: Rivalry Ends
Goal: Defeat Andrew
Allies: Zachary

The crew continues to climb the mountain in desperation. Most are tired after the long walk, but they all make haste at last stop Darius from summoning Leviathan and fulfilling his goals. The last thing they needed at that moment was a lunatic man blocking their path, and so Andrew Yggdrasil appears before them one final time. He tells Nai, Rena and Greenbeard that he's finished playing games and states that this cliff is where he will make his final stand against the crew for all the times they've ruined his plans and assaults.

Greenbeard is actually the one to speak up this time, asking Andrew if this is what he really wants: a life where he eternally serves Darius and whatever horrible thing he decides to summon with the Water Emblem. Andrew responds that he doesn't care about all that and says his one dream is to serve his master Darius for eternity; he doesn't care about the consequences for his choices. Calling his final soldier army, he yells at Nai and Rena, telling them to join their father or die fighting for a lost cause.

Should Eveline be the one to battle him however, she will beg her father to reconsider his actions. She says deep down she still loves him and wants this madness to stop so they can live a life far away from the Everett empire. Andrew yells at her as well, saying she doesn't understand a thing; the Everett empire is all he's ever known and all he will ever fight for. He completely disregards his daughter so he can carry on serving Darius Everett, the only one that truly matters in the world. Eveline shakes her head and says that in that case, he father is truly gone. Her words fall upon deaf ears as Andrew could care less about what he daughter has to say.

After the battle, Andrew is scarred, bruised and on the floor, though he does not beg for mercy. Nai approaches him to ask if Andrew was willing to join the crew now that he's been defeated, but he simply cannot betray Darius. He says that he'll stand here and protect Darius or at the very least stall the crew from getting to him, even if it meant he had to die to fulfill this goal. However, the trio does something he never saw coming: they ignore him. He has been defeated with no possible way of defending himself, so the crew simply goes around him to avoid killing him. Nai turns back and requests that he seriously reconsiders his life choices, but this angers Andrew. He calls himself a failure to Darius and, while screaming, jumps off the cliff and into the craggy shore below, dying upon impact. The siblings try to stop him, but it is too late.

With Andrew dead however, nothing is stopping them from continuing their journey up the mountain. With heavy hearts and the thought that there may have been a way to save Andrew, the siblings, crew and captain make their way to the empire headquarters.

Chapter 29: Confrontation
Goal: Defeat Darius

The crew at last reaches the entrance to the castle, and many are preparing themselves for the battle ahead of them. Greenbeard asks Nai and Rena if they're ready to take on their father, to which Nai immediately agrees for himself and his sister, making note that if they don't stop Darius here and now he will become more powerful than they could ever imagine. Furthermore, Rena says that there is every possibility that if they lose, Darius could take the Fire Emblem and use it in conjunction with the Water Emblem and become a literal god. With strong points having been made, Greenbeard pushes the doors open and allows the siblings to rush inside.

As soon as Nai and Rena enter the Castle Everett, a cutscene plays and they are greeted by Darius Everett himself who welcomes them back home. He shows them the now reawakened Water Emblem which he plans on using to reawaken Leviathan and rule alongside her, but mentions of course the siblings already knew that. Nai yells at his father, begging him to stop this madness, but Darius says that he couldn't stop even if he wanted to. The Water Emblem is right now storing enough power to open up the rift to Leviathan's world where he plans on freeing her and ruling alongside her. Even now Darius admits he is merely a roadblock for Nai and Rena to stall them while the greater power is preparing to end this conflict once and for all.

But Darius's attempt at disheartening the crew fails as everyone is prepared to stand against him and fight for what they believe in. Darius smiles at this and says he is ready to fight his children. Though his actions and words confuse them, the siblings prepare for combat nonetheless.

After a long and treacherous battle, Darius is finally defeated. He kneels on the ground as Nai and Rena overlook them. They ask him to stop this madness, though he merely shakes his head and says that he truly would if he could. This shocks the siblings, but before they can ask what he meant by his words the Water Emblem suddenly comes out from behind him and strikes Darius down, nearly killing him. The emblem then begins to speak; it introduces itself as Leviathan, though she is merely using the Water Emblem as a means of communicating with the outer world. She explains that the emblem now has enough power to open the portal to her world and laughs as the Water Emblem crashes through the top of the castle and flies off into the sky, tearing the very fabric of space-time and creating a rift to a bizarre world.

In his dying breath, Darius asks that Nai and Rena come to him. As they overlook them, he explains that he knew Leviathan would betray him and use the emblem for herself, but the curse of the Everett bloodline prevented him from thinking of anything else. When Nai was a young child and when Rena was born, in a last-ditch effort to prevent the same thing from happening to them he hid them away on Coeus Island before the curse overtook him. He admits he wishes he could have spent more time with them and regrets every minute commanding the Everett empire. Both Nai and Rena promise to avenge him and destroy Leviathan.

Finally, Darius calls Greenbeard over. He knows the pirate captain has been looking over his children as if they were his own and requests that he continue to protect them especially now in their greatest hour. Greenbeard nods and promises he'll look after them and more. Finally satisfied, Darius dies and joins the others in the Everett bloodline.

The siblings see that a bridge has been made that connects Castle Everett with the rift in the sky. Literally no other options are available to them: they must stop Leviathan or the world is doomed.

Chapter 30: Reawakened Horror
Goal: Defeat Leviathan

The crew at last enters the rift and is presented before them the huge Tidal Prison, the location between dimensions where Leviathan is held captive. With the front door open, no thanks to the Water Emblem, Nai, Rena and Greenbeard all enter the prison with the intent of destroying Leviathan once and for all. The innermost chamber is where she is being held, and when they finally reach that part of the prison all they see is a woman with a tattered black robe, long blue hair, purple eyes and a red gem on her forehead chained to the center of the giant room.

She immediately sees the crew and welcomes them to her humble abode where she has spent the last 150 years. She explains that she was once in a great war with Guerrero that split the continent of Tierra into the Agua Isles. When the siblings ask her why she did this, she says that she onlly wants chaos and destruction in her world. She will rule over the land as its goddess and blow out any flicker of hope that appears.

She tells specifically Nai and Rena that their bloodline is extremely special, mostly because it was born of her blood. She reveals she was the one that created the Everett bloodline as a means of getting them to summon her once again. Originally they began as a cult worshiping her, though she was starting to think her plan was a dud when Dahlia tried to stop the seemingly pointless summoning. But Leviathan was impressed by Darius's effort to summon her, though admits it was probably only because of the curse she placed on the bloodline to do her bidding. The Water Emblem flies into her possession and she summons watery soldiers to destroy the crew.

However, Greenbeard says no matter how many things she sends their way that they won't give up in their efforts to destroy her. Rena says a world of chaos and destruction sounds painfully boring and doesn't want anything to do with it. Nai says that the lives of everyone matters; the crew, Andrew, the people of the Agua Isles, the empire... and his father. He won't allow Leviathan to continue with her plan and promises to kill her right here and now.

Leviathan's chained wall is blocked by a magical force field due to the power of the Water Emblem. Only when two magic orbs are destroyed will the shield go down and give the crew a chance to attack Leviathan, though these orbs are not only surrounded by Leviathan's troops, but also can defend themselves.

If any unit starts a battle with her, she will say "I am Leviathan the Oppressor; Leviathan the Betrayed; Leviathan the Destroyer. Killing me in this form will only make me stronger!"

As she foretold, the crew is able to defeat her and unchain her from her prison. Though instead of merely escaping when she has the chance, she appreciates the crew for attempting to make her laugh with their pitiable attempt at defeating her and bids them farewell as she absorbs the Water Emblem and takes all of its power, retaining her true form as an ancient dragon. Her size is enough to destroy the Tidal Prison and scatter its remains all over the dimension.

Endgame: The Sea of Souls
Goal: Destroy Leviathan

The explosion is not enough to take out the crew however as they awaken shortly after only to realize they're standing on the floating remains of the prison. They look up to see a now gigantic Leviathan before them with every intent of taking the Fire Emblem and using it to become even more powerful. Rena is quick to point out her new size and complain about how they're ever going to defeat her now that she's huge, but Greenbeard says that they've gotten through worse; an obviously lie, but it was something.

But then Nai remembers something Guerrero told the crew: when something happens to one emblem the same thing happens to the other, and now that Leviathan has used the emblem to strengthen herself, the Fire Emblem in the crew's possession empowers the three legendary weapons, making them strong enough to defeat the ancient dragon once and for all. With this newfound power, they engage the dragon with the full intent of killing her and ending the threat of her forever.

This map works similarly to the previous one, though on a much larger scale. The player must defeat Leviathan's army to reach her four tails, each of which has the ability to attack units at a close range. But once the tails have been destroyed, Leviathan's body lowers to the middle of the map where the player can now attack her. However, she has an ability that lowers the power of all weapons except the three legendary weapons, meaning only Nai, Rena or Greenbeard can really do any damage to her. After Leviathan's true form is defeated, she reverts back to her human form where she has the same amount of power as a dragon but no longer has her ability. Instead, she now takes double damage from any of the legendary weapons, so it's recommended you strike her down with either Ignatius, Incendium or Mulciber.

Should she be attacked by either Nai, Rena or Greenbeard she will say "That pathetic seal of flames you call a spark of hope could only seal me away, so what chance do you have in killing me with it!".

As soon as she's defeated, she let's out a blood-curdling scream as her body explodes without a word more to say, destroying the Water Emblem along with her. The world the crew is in begins to collapse and they all make haste to get out of there as quickly as possible. Although the rift begins to close, the entire crew is saved by the spirits of the deceased members of the Everett bloodline, including Darius, and brought back to Castle Everett where the rift shatters and fades away.

The Fire Emblem then begins to crack, confusing the siblings, though they soon remember Guerrero's words. They and Greenbeard smile as they watch the Fire Emblem crumble away into nothing, signalling that Leviathan, the Water Emblem and the largest threat against the Agua Isles has finally been destroyed. Greenbeard laughs and says that the last thing Leviathan probably thought before she died was how much she screwed up by confronting the crew and their power. The others laugh along with him.

A month after the battle with Leviathan, Nai is crowned the new ruler of the now named Kallas empire to uphold his promise of steering the empire into a new age of peace. He offers Rena to join him in his quest for peace, though she simply shakes her head and refuses, saying that she wants to continue exploring the world as a pirate with Greenbeard's crew. Though Nai wants to stay by her side and continuing protecting her, Greenbeard asks Nai to remember the promise he told Greenbeard to keep regarding his sister. Nai finally lets his sister go, understanding that she is a grown woman now who can make her own choices. He does request that they visit him often though, which is a promise Rena intends to uphold for her "stupid brother".

And with that, the credits role and the game finally ends, showing what happened to each of the crew members after the war much like Awakening and Fates, the text altering should any units be married.

Gameplay/Mechanics/Features

Weapons and Classes

With any new Fire Emblem game, some things change while others stay the same. The weapon triangle is unsurprisingly back and still as strong as ever: swords beat axes, axes beat lances, lances beat swords; just as its always been. The magic weapon triangle also returns: fire beats wind, wind beats thunder, thunder beats fire. Take note that dark tomes are now considered a separate weapon and beat all fire, wind and thunder, but still take triangle damage from knives. And speaking of which, the secondary weapon triangle returns: tomes beat firearms, firearms beat knives, knives beat tomes.

Doubtful you haven't noticed that a new weapon class has been introduced called "Firearms". These replace and act almost exactly the same way as bows. The only reason they're here and not bows is because I wanted this idea to have something more modern and "pirate-y", and what's a pirate without a flintlock or other such gun? But guns do have one difference over bows, and that is they have a much higher chance of piercing enemy defenses. But like bows, they cannot be fired close-range unless they're a certain type of firearm. There is also a new and totally overpowered weapon called the Greatsword which acts as a sword, a lance and an axe at the same time, being able to outrank the entire triangle without taking consequence. There is a reason only two characters are able to wield them with one being optional and the other being enemy-exclusive: they're without a doubt overpowered, which is why I made them in the hopes that the main antagonist won't be just another pushover in his final battle.

New classes are introduced as a means of spicing up the gameplay a bit. Take note that the classes showcased in the character spotlights merely showed off starting classes and basic promotion classes. Other options for what units can promote to are available.

As a mixture of both Awakening and Fates, some weapons have unlimited uses while others do not. On top of this, there are now weapon variants that make literally each and every weapon, even those that are technically the same type of weapon, slightly different. For example, one bronze axe could have 75% accuracy and unlimited uses, while another bronze axe could have 85% accuracy and limited uses. As you can see, the only thing that doesn't change is the Might of each weapon, but having increased accuracy will help in the long run. How these are used is completely up to the player.

Marriage

The marriage mechanic from Awakening and Fates returns, though slightly changed. Marriage still gives units support buffs when engaging an enemy, much like support conversations are supposed to, but there are no children characters within Sea of Souls. I didn't want this to be another Fates incident where the reason for children was complete bullshit and thus left it out since I had no way of adding kids in without it sounding completely stupid. Having said that, a new mechanic to replace children is introduced where married units can share each others skills and swap them with one another. Expert players can make this new mechanic broken as fuck, but I honestly couldn't give a crap; as long as they're having fun.

The shipping side of the LGBTQ community will be happy to hear that, with some rules in place, almost anyone can marry anyone. Gay and lesbian marriage was a concept lightly grazed upon in Fates, but is expanded upon here. With the power to marry almost anyone, units have access to just about any skill they want. And as an added bonus, no character will question their sexuality. In other words, a female character will not say "I can't believe I like girls" or whatever; everything is accepted. The only rules in place are obviously the support conversation limits of Awakening and Fates as well as two characters that are siblings cannot marry each other.

As with Awakening and Fates, married units can also give each other more options for class changes by the use of a Heart Seal. This combined with the new skill swapping mechanic can easily make OP characters completely dominate any map they're on with enough training. Not like I care what you do with your units though.

SS Burgundy

A feature I adored from Fates was the "My Castle" feature which gave you the ability to create your own home base with whatever buildings and structures you needed for the next battle. Here I wanted to add that same kind of thing but on a smaller scale. Ships are obviously smaller than castles so editing is limited, but I did my best to think of a way to compensate. What I came up with was the concept of ship battles.

Online battles return from Fates, though a new option is available called "Ship Battles". You are able to outfit your ship with various weapons, structures and tools to aid you in combat. Battles are like regular combat scenarios but with a twist: both players are unable to, in most cases, directly battle each other (there are some tools that allow players units to board the enemy ship). Each player must use their ship's weapons and their own strategies to defeat opposing units with canons, towers and other things outfitted to the ship. Each type of weapon can only be operated by a certain character class, and each type of damage to the ship's hull can only be mended by someone of the weapon triangle (red damage can only be fixed by sword users, blue damage can only be fixed by lance users, green damage can only be fixed by axe users). Because of this, you must plan out each battle to avoid the most casualty. You are also able to use your outfitted ship in Agua Ocean maps to experiment with different ways of completing the chapter.

On a more passive standpoint, you're still able to purchase weapons and items from the ship's built-in shop, though traveling merchants also appear every now and then. From the shop you can also buy new parts for your ship. In the training halls below, you can train those units that didn't participate in recent chapters and level them up like the cretins they are; for a price, of course. A crew quarters is also introduced which give you the chance to speak with crew members and discuss their likes and dislikes (and have support conversations). And finally, in the cargo hold you can store things units can't carry with their five-slot inventory space.

Others

- Casual mode returns from Awakening and Fates as a means to ease new players into the franchise, but once again casual mode is completely optional. No need to get your pants in a twist about it. Besides, I got rid of Phoenix mode which was horrible and everyone was justified to hate such a bad idea. Like, seriously Nintendo?

- Roaming enemies from Awakening return, meaning level training is also back. This feature can be turned off before the start of the game however if people wanted to do a playthrough akin to earlier Fire Emblem titles and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest.

- Terrain effects and things you can interact with on the map return and act just as they have in previous installments. There are now more terrains that give disadvantages rather than advantages, such as murky tiles that sap health, spike traps and other such things. Levers and switches can be used to change the map slightly to your advantage, and towers from Fates return with triumph.

- Free DLC for characters such as Corrin, Azura, Robin, Chrom and other such heroes from past titles will be available at a later date. In order to recruit them into your crew however, to make up for the fact they're free you must play an extremely difficult map on Lunatic+ mode. Only the most skilled of players will be rewarded.

Holy fuck, you guys! I've been working on this for TWO WEEKS!! But I have finally finished it, and I did it all for you guys since you all love Fire Emblem so much! I have so many more ideas I wanted to share with you on this, but I decided against it for the sole purpose of getting this out as soon as I could to allow you to enjoy it. And no, I didn't rush this, I took my time with it.

Okay, so now that it's over, I have a question for you. This is a really stupid question, but I'm really curious to know what you'll say because this is a big part of Awakening and Fates:

"Which characters in this idea do you ship?"

Yeah, yeah, it's dumb. But again, I'm really curious as to what you'll all respond! And of course I'm not forcing you to answer the question, you obviously don't have to even bother with it, but y'know... I'm lonely and I want love in my life. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this little idea of mine and I hope to respond to your comments soon!

Wow, you put a lot of work into this. I only really skimmed it, bit it sounds interesting, if a little clichéd. That's not a bad thing if done well though, if this was a actual game, I'd probably give it a play through.

As for which characters I'd ship, that will have to wait until I read it through the whole way.

Well, couldn't really help the cliched part. But thanks for enjoying nonetheless, and thanks for saying you'd play it (probably)! I'm looking forward to knowing which characters you ship in this silly little thing I did.

It wouldn't be a bad game or fic concept ether

Ok haven't decided on all the characters, but going by personalities, I would pair Nai with Nichol and Rena with Oran. Also I see you snuck Jakob into the character list.

Thank you for your words. :twilightsmile:

I couldn't not include Jakob somehow. He's the best butler anyone could ask for!

And thanks for your ships. If you're interested, I'm writing Support Conversations between each and every character on my blog and you can even suggest or write some of the supports yourself if you wanted to.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7