RariTwi, Rarilight, Twilight x Rarity 1,113 members · 476 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I'm not going to plagiarize the story i already have plot for the first story. Guys i'm smarter then that to copy Preston and child. If that's the reason there's two dislike on this forum of mine then i'm sorry for the lack of describtion. So let me start again i'm going to be starting a special agent sparkle series that loosely based off of the Prendergast series. Again i'am NOT going to plagiarize Preston and child.

Retelling an existing story just with a minor change is plagiarism. This includes "crossovers" in which you do nothing but replace the existing cast of one property with the cast of another. If you don't come up with your own story, you will be reported for plagiarism and the idea you have described so far is not alright.

Comment posted by Ponywubs deleted Aug 8th, 2017

You do realize that there are a lot of stories like that already on fimfiction right? Yet none of them have been reported for plagiarism.

Also.....what the hell is Pendergast anyway?

Prendergast is only the best character to exist. He is an FBI agent who solves crime in unconventional ways. Here is the link. http://www.prestonchild.com/books/chronology/

Then you should report them when you find them. The staff can't find everything.

Okay, when is something is your own work in your eyes? How many difference must made, even the person an Loosly based that mean already means many change are being made?

In essence is your standard?

What does my standard have to do with anything?

Fimfic's rules page

• Stories you did not write. If you are not the original author or a co-author, you cannot post it, even with permission. This includes “novelizing” a comic, movie, game, etc. that you did not create. For example: a Halo crossover with the same plot, scenes, dialogue, etc. but with the characters replaced by ponies.

If someone does this, it is against the site rules and should be reported to the mods to deal with. This isn't an opinion. This isn't my standards. This is how the site works, and the rules you agree to when you use this site. Don't like it, don't use the site. But by having an account and logging in, you agreed to these rules. Therefore they are your standards too.

They said didn't say that making an exact copy, The rule stated making exact copy with only character different names...

They said they make loose adaptation meaning dialogue and others will changed, They said themselves or don't you believe at their word, is that it? I don't get it?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9