• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7 - Chrysalis's Confession

Chapter 7 - Chrysalis's Confession

Everfree Forest July 26th 1001

Chrysalis sat in her cave deep in the forest. She found this the first day she fled from Discord. She made it into a great hem for a changeling queen. It had a sleeping area, table for food she found in the forest, and even a custom welcome mat made out of twigs from the forest.

She still couldn't help but feel guilty that she caused all of this. She made it so that Discord was free. Her choice to try and take revenge on Twilight was a horrible thing to do. Some made it so nothing could stop him from anything. He gave her the spell, but she chose to use it for no true purpose.

All she did now was sit in the cave day after day. Waiting for a new opportunity to come up. She needed something to happen fast, or at least she had to head to a town that had people who loved each other.

She could not survive for long without love.

Sugar Cube Corner July 26th 1001

The once pink party pony was on the case. She was now slightly shaded grey from all of the despair she had gone through.

That didn't matter to her. She had to find out what happened to Twilight. That was the only way she would feel better about herself. This was her top priority. Nothing would stop her from finding Twilight.

She knew that Twilight wouldn't do anything like that. Somepony must have convinced her to do something that made her lose control of herself.

She decided to talk to some certain pony about all of this. She knew that SHE had something to do with Twilight being banished. The only problem was that she left town after seeing Twilight about a week ago.

But that didn't matter to Pinkie Diane Pie. What did matter is that she finds a way to rescue Twilight as quick as possible. And talking to this mysterious mare would give her the answers.

That mare left through the south side of town, heading directly toward the Everfree Forest. That is where Pinkie would start her journey.

She didn't care how long it would take. She would spend the rest of her life finding a way to save Twilight if she had to. But first things were first.

She had to find the mare known as Crystal.

Everfree Forest July 26th 1001

Chrysalis knew that she couldn't go out into public as a changeling. She thought about becoming Crystal once again, but then thought it over. If she changed into Crystal, somepony might recognize her, and ask her questions with their pet alligator while holding a bright light to her face to get the answers they wanted.

Oh, don't be so silly, Chrysalis, she thought to herself. Nopony would recognize you. It's been an entire week since that day, and you didn't talk to that many ponies.

Without thinking any further, she changed into the form of Crystal and walked out of the forest toward Ponyville. There was one problem with her theory here.

She didn't think about pet alligators.

Outskirts of Ponyville July 26th 1001

Pinkie ran toward the end of town. Her first place she had to search was the Everfree Forest.

She nearly entered the forest when she saw somepony coming out. She quickly hid behind a bush to avoid anypony seeing her the way she was. Looking through a couple of leaves in the bush, she looked at the mare that came out of the forest.

It was Crystal.

??? July 26th 1001

Chrysalis awoke with a start. She had no clue where she was, or how she got there. She just wanted to get out.

She tried to get up, but found herself tied to a chair in the middle of a big room filled with what seemed like nothing.

A bright light came on right about then. This was the only light in the room, so Chrysalis was able to get a good look at herself. She noticed that she was once again a changeling. This upset her because now whoever brought her here knew who she was.

"Well, its nice to see your finally awake," said a voice from the shadows.

Chrysalis turned toward in the direction the voice was coming from. She could hear hoofsteps coming closer. When the mare came into view, she didn't recognize her at first, but then realized that she was Pinkie Pie. She just had flat hair, and looked a bit more sinister.

"So tell me 'Crystal,'" she began. "What did you do to Twilight?"

Canterlot Castle July 26th 1001

Celestia and Luna sat at the conference table with princess cadence and Shining Armor.

"So, you're telling us that Discord had escaped?" asked Shining Armor. "How?"

"I don't know," Celestia stated. "All we know is that he is free and we cannot defeat him without the Elements of Harmony."

"Can't we get them back before Discord gets his hands on them?" Cadence asked.

"We have no need to worry about the elements being taken by Discord," Celestia replied. "I put a spell on them, making it so that only the element's bearers and the princesses of Equestria are able to handle them."

"Then why was he looking for them, dear sister?" asked Luna.

"If he finds the elements, he can put a barrier over them and make them impossible to get. It doesn't really matter if we get them back or not anyway."

"Why's that?" Shining Armor asked the princess.

"We have no way of wielding them. Without the bearer of the Element of Magic, the other elements have no power and Equestria is left without any way of protecting itself."

"Can't we bring Twilight back?" Cadence asked. "If Discord is free, we can all assume that he had something to do with Twilight's behavior."

"I'm afraid we cannot do that either."

"What? Why not?"

"The jury already made their decision," Celestia replied. "A pony cannot be put on trial for the same crime twice. Even if we did have another trial, we'd have to find Twilight and bring her home. We cannot do that, because as a princess, we are all to stay on the boundaries of Equestria."

"What if I went?" Shining Armor asked.

"You are the captain of the royal guard. You must stay here, it is your job and I can't allow my best soldier to run off into uncharted territories alone when your sister could be anywhere by now."

"Than what can we do?"

"For the time, nothing. We just have to wait until somepony finds a clue to what is going on."

Pinkie's Secret Warehouse July 26th 1001

Pinkie stared at the changeling queen, waiting for her to answer her question. The place they were in was her own secret warehouse. The cake family gave it to her when they couldn't handle all of Pinkie's party supplies. She emptied out this part of the warehouse when she found Chrysalis out by the forest.

"I'll ask you again," Pinkie said in a much firmer voice. "What did you do to Twilight?!"

Chrysalis stared back at her in question. "I- I didn't d- do anything," she replied in a frightened tone. "All I did was have her cast a spell that opened her mind."

"What do you mean by 'opened her mind?'"

"It made her mind unprotected to all outsider attempts to take it over. I gave her the spell, she cast it, and Discord did the rest."

"Are you telling me that Discord is free?"

"Yes," was her swift reply. "I was the one to foolishly release him."

"Why did you do it?"

"I wanted revenge on Twilight Sparkle. Discord predicted that she would ruin the wedding ceremony, and there was nothing I could do to stop her. Discord offered a way to get revenge on her. He gave me a spell, and in return, I gave him his freedom."

"What did Discord do to her?"

"He took control of her mind," Chrysalis answered. "He used her to hide the Elements of Harmony in a place where nopony could find them. He also used her to attack Celestia and Luna, which he was sure would banish her from Equestria."

She was right to. That last one did banish her from Equestria. "What did he do next?" Pinkie asked.

"I don't know," she replied. "He turned on me and forced me into hiding."

"If you are in hiding, why did you come to Ponyville?"

"I need love. Changeling's can only survive so long without it, and ever since the wedding, I haven't had a single amount of love."

"Stealing Emotions is wrong, Chrysalis."

"We don't steal love, we take the energy it produces and we use it as food."

Pinkie stared at the changeling. "I will give you an offer, Chrysalis."

Chrysalis turned to look at Pinkie the moment she heard this. "What kind of offer?" she asked.

PreviousChapters Next