• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33 - Mind Tricks

Chapter 33 - Mind Tricks

Graymayne's Mind No Time Here

It took nearly an hour to them, but Graymayne finally threw the last board onto the ground. The door was a darker shade of red then on the other doors. And the two letters that were originally on the door now showed the entire word.

'MONSTER', was the word.

Twilight was sitting on the ground about ten feet away, out of range of any boards that might have flown her way. But now that the job was done, she walked next to her brother.

"'Monster...'" she read aloud. "Is that all you call it?"

"No," Graymayne responded. "He has another name."

"What is it?"

He stayed silent. "Come on. We need to get Blue out of here."

Twilight gave an annoyed face, but he didn't see it. He was walking up to the door. What are you hiding? she wondered.

The door opened without any trouble, just like the first door they opened. It was pitch black on the other side, so neither could see their way.

They looked at each other, and stepped through together. Almost immediately, the door closed behind them, making them both jump into the air.

The door disappeared behind them into the blackness. That certainly didn't help the mood. They both looked ahead and few other doors that obviously led to memories Graymayne had with this monster.

But they weren't looking for memories if the monster. They were looking for their friend in this dark place.

The cackling laughter in the distance didn't help.

"Poor Graymayne and Twilight," a voice said. "All alone in this dark world without any way of leaving. Looks like you're going to be stuck here, just like Blue before you."

"Enough of this! What have you done with Blue?" Graymayne shouted to the voice.

"Me? I haven't done anything to him. Unless you're implying that trapping him inside your mind, completely unable to do anything on his own is something."

"Where is he!"

"If you want him, he's right over there." That's when several torches lit up around a bubble hanging in the air. And inside the bubble...

...was Blue.

"Blue!" Twilight shouted. The stallion in the bubble's ears perked up at the mention of his name. "Blue! I'm so glad you're safe!"

The gray stallion in the bubble said nothing. Instead he chuckled and the bubble vanished from sight. "You think i'd give him back that easily?" he asked with he voice from earlier. His image blinked several times and was replaced by Graymayne.

But this Graymayne was more menacing, and had the same evil look in his eyes from when Blue released him.

Twilight stepped back. "H- How did you...?"

"You like it? Spending almost all my time in Graymayne's pathetic mind has taught me many things. Like this!"

His horn lit up and fired directly at Twilight. It hit her and she screamed. But there was no pain. there was only a hole where the beam impacted.

"What did you do to me?" she asked.

"That's nothing," the monster said. "I can be much worse!"

His form changed again. This time, the background changed too.

Twilight was back in Canterlot Castle's throne room. "W- What?"

"I'm disappointed in you, Twilight."

She turned to see her teacher staring at her. "How dare you fall to a simple trick like a changeling's disguise! The fate of Equestria is at steak because of your weakness!"

Twilight stepped back in horror. "I- I'm sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to..."

"Of course you did! You allowed yourself to be tricked without even considering the possibility that there was a changeling tricking you! if you were to fall to something as simple as that, you don't deserve to be my student!"

A tear formed in Twilight's left eye. "You don't really mean that..."

"I mean everything I say! You should have left my studies long ago!"

Twilight now lay on the floor beneath her and cried. That was until somepony put their hoof on her shoulder. She looked and saw Blue standing over her.

"This isn't real," he said. "None of this is!" He stomped a hoof on the ground and the walls around them faded.

"H- how did you get out?" the Celestia in front of him asked. "I had you trapped in that bubble!"

"The same way you're causing these illusions, Va-Korum!"

Twilight heard that last word and looked between Blue and Celestia. "But, she's Princ-"

"No he isn't!" Blue shouted and stomped his hoof on the ground again. This time, the alicorn in front of them shimmered and returned to the form of the Monster. "His name is Va-Korum, and he's the entire reason that Graymayne has been an assassin for Discord!"

"Humph. You really do know a lot about me, Blue. Sadly, this illusion just got more real!"

He leaped at the two ponies. Twilight freaked out, but Blue kept calm and stomped his hoof on the ground once again. This time, the monster vanished completely.

Twilight looked back up. "H- How...?"

"He was never here," Blue said. "He was an illusion that he used to separate you and Graymayne."

Twilight's eyes widened and looked around for the black stallion. "Where is he?"

"He was never here. It was all an illusion created by Va-Korum to try and trap you here with me. That would leave him completely vulnerable."

"But, how were you trapped?"

"He got the upper hand and surprised me."

"How did you get free?"

"The same way I just did all those things by just stomping my hoof. That reminds me, I nearly forgot about that hole in you." he stomped his hoof again and the hole in Twilight's was fixed. "Is that better?"

She sniffed. "Yes, but how?"

"Twilight, we're in the mind. Anything is possible in here with a little imagination."

"So if you wanted to have some ice cream, it could appear?"

"Well, yes, but I think we should focus on getting out of here."

"Right. So how do we do that?"

"Not 'we'. You."

"Me?"

"No, you. Weren't you listening?" He chuckled. "I still have to get back to my own mind. There's also one last thing I have to do. But I'll wait until I get it back before doing so."

"It?" Twilight asked.

"You won't stop me that easily, Blue!" the monster shouted.

"No time to explain. Go!"

he stomped his hoof again and a vortex appeared underneath Twilight. With no time to react, she fell through.

Grazil Hospital September 1st 1001

Twilight gasped and opened her eyes. She was back inside the hospital where she cast the spell.

"What happened?" Graymayne asked. "I didn't get inside. What did you see? Did you free Blue?"

"Did you ever learn to shut your yap?" a new, friendly voice spoke.

Both of them jumped at the new voice and turned in it's direction. They both saw Blue sitting up in his bed.

"Blue!" they both shouted as they ran towards him.

"Geez, did you both really miss me that much? I never knew you cared that much Graymayne."

They all laughed and hugged each other. Blue's eyes opened and fell upon the door to the room.

"Um, Twilight?" he said. "I think you have company."

She lifted her head and followed his gaze toward the door. There is where she saw two ponies she'd probably never see again.

Pinkie Pie and Chrysalis.

PreviousChapters Next