• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5 - Dealing With Banishment

Chapter 5 - Dealing With Banishment

Ponyville Library July 25th 1001

Twilight didn't like this at all. She's accused of crimes she didn't commit, and banished in what seemed like no time at all.

To her, it was no time at all.

The only thing she could remember before waking up in the cell was taking a sip of the potion that Crystal introduced to her, 6 days earlier. Twilight sighed as she did her best to remember what happened clearly. Sadly, she failed to remember what happened in the time of those 6 days.

Then, she remembered something important. The spell that Crystal told her about. She was to eager to help her to what she claimed, she didn't think about how suspicious the entire thing was.

Twilight Sparkle had been framed.

Twilight looked around the library frantically. She needed to get a message out to her friends somehow. A hidden message for her friends to find, read, and help prove her innocence.

Unfortunately, the only thing she could find around the library were books. Books of all sizes. Big, small, series, novels, journals...

Wait. The series section. That's it! Twilight thought. The series section is the way I will get my message to my friends!

Sugar Cube Corner July 25th 1001

Pinkie Pie hated losing friends. Losing friends is like preventing somepony from eating their favorite treat. Sure some ponies had left on vacations, but always came back eventually. This was no different, right?

Wrong.

This was nothing like somepony going on a vacation. This was banishment. This was the worst possible thing that could have ever happened to her. Banishment made friends never come back. So ask yourself what reason does Pinkie Pie have to be happy anymore?

She has no reason. She has never lost anypony to anything, much less an old friend.

Pinkie Pie stared at the floor, unable to find any joy or happiness in her life anymore. She didn't feel like bouncing around anywhere. The only thing she could do was walk in complete silence.

She would go and see Twilight to bid her farewells, but the princess had forbidden it. Twilight's only business left in Ponyville was to gather her things she needed to bring with her.

This made Pinkie Pie even sadder. Unnoticed by herself, all of her mane flattened out and fell toward the ground.

Discord's Lair July 25th 1001

"Oh, for Celestia's sake, where are they?"

Discord was highly disappointed in what he could find: nothing.

While Twilight was under his spell, he had forced her to take them and hide them in a place where nopony could ever find them. Unfortunately, he forgot to see where she hid them.

Looking through his mirror, he could see anypony whenever he wanted. He could see what they were doing, hidden secrets in their mind, all that mumbo jumbo. What the mirror couldn't do, however, was look into the past or the future.

This made his search for them even more difficult. He knew he told her to hide them where nopony could find them, but he didn't expect her to hide them from him so well.

He would look into his mirror to find the location on Twilight's mind, but she had no idea that she hid them in the first place.

"Confound it all!" he screamed. "Where did Twilight Sparkle hide the Elements of Harmony?"

Edge of Ponyville July 25th 1001

Twilight wanted to say her goodbyes. At that very moment, if she could ask for anything more, she would ask to say goodbye.

The fact that she couldn't dawned on her. This wasn't like trying to go into the Everfree Forest on her own, or fighting Discord, the god of eternal chaos. This wasn't even like the time she fought off half of a changeling army with her friends.

This was a permanent loss for both her and her friends. The entire continent of Equestria would fall into danger because of what she had done.

Or to her, what she was framed for.

She couldn't speak to her friends about anything. She couldn't tell them about her message, or where it was hidden. She couldn't tell them about her beliefs on being framed. All she could do was walk away silently.

Please, Rainbow Dash, she thought, find my message.

Without another thought in her mind, she walked away from Ponyville.

Celestia's Tower July 25th 1001

Celestia watched in silence as her prized pupil walked out of the town. She couldn't see it clearly, but she could tell that it was Twilight who left the small town of Ponyville just now.

I'm so sorry Twilight. I didn't believe that you did all of those things, but the jury had found the evidence pretty clear that she had committed those crimes. I wish that this could have gone another way, but there is nothing I can do for you now. From here on out, you are on your own.

Celestia couldn't think strait when all she could think about was Twilight's banishment. She decided to take a small walk through the garden to clear her head.

As she strolled through the garden, she looked at all of the statues. Looking at them all made her feel calm, knowing that none of them could ever cause harm.

All except one that is. The statue that held the draconequus encased in stone looked as horrible as ever. Part bear, pony, snake, and a whole lot of other things. It was hideous to look at. Celestia didn't really want to look at it, but she knew looking at it gave her happiness that his evil wouldn't spread while he was in his stone prison.

Celestia turned to leave, but something about the air was off. It seemed too pure. If you were that close to the statue, you could feel evil coming from it. At the time, Celestia felt nothing.

It was at that point that she knew something was up. She quickly turned to face the statue and fired a blast of magic at it. This magic was a breaking magic. It could break anything as long as it wasn't sealed by the Elements of Harmony. When the blast made contact, it shattered the statue of Discord into a million pieces.

The guards heard this clamoring in the garden and came rushing to her aid. "Is something the matter princess?" one of the guards had asked.

"Yes there is as a matter of fact," she replied in a harsh voice. "Discord has escaped. Alert all the guard, Princess Luna and Princess Cadence. We need to find him before it is too late."

PreviousChapters Next