• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - Don't Die... Please

Chapter 28 - Don't Die... Please

Ponyville July 31st 1001

Walking through town. Certainly it was something that most ponies were used to. Everypony, every day, does just that.

Well, this pony hasn't done it for some time.

She walked through town like she used to. It seemed so long ago that her friends had been right by her side. It seemed like all that had almost never happened. But she knew in her heart, that it did most certainly happen. Whether one of her best friends were gone or not, she would find a way to get her home. For there is nothing this pony couldn't do.

Well, almost nothing. This is Pinkie Pie we're talking about here.

All of the ponies that saw her walking simply ignored her. Why would they have any reason to help? They didn't recognize her. She was all gray and her hair was flat. Nopony sate her like that except for her friends. She didn't mind them. She wasn't going to be near them soon anyway.

See, she was leaving. She was going to leave Ponyville and fond out who did done doed it. It didn't matter if it would take forever. If she didn't do it, she would never feel happy again.

And that was certainly something she didn't want.

Grazil Hospital July 31st 1001

The nurse came into the room as soon as she heard the crying. When Twilight and Graymayne told her what happened, she immediately called the doctors.

They didn't tell her the truth about what happened. She would have flipped if they told her. Instead, they told her that Blue had hit his head and seemed to have fallen into a coma.

When the doctors came to examine him, they quickly concluded that they should not worry, and he was indeed in a coma. This relieved the two of them, for they thought he was dead.

Twilight asked the doctor: "Do you know when he will wake up?"

"Hard to say," he replied. "He was fine this morning, and then he was in a coma. He could be out for weeks, depending on what happened." He turned to Twilight. "Do you have any idea how this could have happened?"

"No," Twilight lied. "He was fine right before slipping and hitting his head."

"Well, remember. He is in a coma, so he might react to some things, but unless he actually talks to one of you, he is still in a coma. If he reacts to anything, be sure to tell us right away, okay?"

"Okay..." Twilight quietly replied as the doctor left. "How is he supposed to help me now? He was the only pony in the entire world who could have helped me in this situation, and now he's in a coma. Who's supposed to help me now?"

"Twilight..." Graymayne started, "he wasn't the only pony who could have helped you. Just the first to help."

She turned to him. "What are you saying? Of course he was the only one who could have helped! There isn't another pony in the entire world who could have known spells as powerful or even more so than mine!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is always me."

"YOU'RE THE CAUSE OF THIS!" she yelled. "If you didn't have that- that- THING inside of you, none of this would have happened!"

"You think I wanted that thing inside of me!" he snapped. Twilight took a step back in shock. "For as long as I could remember, I've had that monster inside! I've had to control myself every time I lost it, or he would come out! You know what he wants?" Twilight shook her head. "Blood. Nothing but blood for as far as he could see. And with blood came death. If Blue ran into him in my head, you should be thankful that he is only in a coma! He could have died, and we wouldn't have been able to do a thing about it! You think I don't regret what happened to him? Well I do! He was the only one who seemed to know the truth about me, and I was told to get rid of him! Once he made me realize who you were to me, do you know what I felt?"

Twilight shook her head once again. "I felt hope. Hope that I could be free of him. Hope that I could be free of my fate."

Twilight stepped forward. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I want to help you be rid of him."

Graymayne looked directly into her eyes. "Do you really mean that?"

"Of course I do. Whether you're my brother from another reality, you're still my brother. And what do siblings do for each other?"

"They help each other out," he finished.

They hugged each other for a second. Blue groaned and tried to mumble something, which immediately drew their attention.

"B- b- b-" they heard him say. His breathing was shallow, so they could barely make it out. "B- b- be- ware..."

"Beware? Blue, beware of what?" Twilight asked.

"V- V- Va-Korum..."

"Va-Korum?" Twilight asked. "Who is he?"

She got no reply. Blue's breathing had come to a halt and his muzzle closed. The pained expression on his face remained.

She turned to Graymayne. "Do you know what he meant?" she asked him.

He shrugged. "Not a clue."

"Well, whatever it was, he seemed scared of it." Her thoughts turned to something else as she quickly remembered something. She looked all around Blue's side of the room, but found nothing.

"What are you looking for?"

"The watch. Where is it?"

"Isn't it on his hoof? He is the only one who knows how to use it, and it was the only way we could get out of that dimension he brought us to yesterday."

"No, it isn't," she said. "He wasn't the one to get us put of there."

"Then who was?" Graymayne curiously asked.

"A future version of him. He had the watch, and looked a bit taller than he is currently. This Blue never got the watch back, as far as I could remember."

"What are you trying to make of this?"

"There's still hope for him! He has to live in order to rescue us from that place in his future! Don't you see?"

"Actually, no. I don't see."

Twilight sighed in slight frustration. "Never mind. I thought that if we found the watch, he might give another clue. Then I realized that only he knows where it truly is. Without him, we shouldn't be able to find it." She looked down at the floor.

"Don't worry about it," Graymayne comforted. "We'll get it back to him eventually."

"I know that," she replied, "but it's depressing to think that we were so close to something, just to have to have it lost."

"I've had that my whole life, and I haven't realized that until yesterday."

Twilight smiled at him. "That's kind of sad, when you think about it."

"Yeah, but it's nice to think that I won't have to worry about that once this is over."

"That's true."

The two of them sat for the rest of the evening. That night was about the time the doctor came in.

"Good news Graymayne," he began. "You've just been cleared to leave the hospital."

PreviousChapters Next