• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10 - Hidden Messages

Chapter 10 - Hidden Messages

Ponyville July 27th 1001

Crystal stared at the unicorn. Unable to comprehend what was going on, she just stared.

Twilight slowly stood on her four hooves . "Ugh," she said. "I haven't done that for a while. Even if it was a test run, I never thought using that much magic was so exhausting."

Looking around, the mare finally caught sight of Crystal. "Oh, its you again. Hello, Chrysalis." The mare seemed happy to see her. Why? Why is she not angry at me for what I did to her? Chrysalis thought to herself.

"Chrysalis, I don't have much time," Twilight said. "How did you get back to Equestria from outside the barrier?"

"I-" Chrysalis stumbled. "What are you doing here? How are you here? How do you know I'm Chrysalis? How-"

Twilight cut her off. "I am here to ask how you got past Celestia's barrier; you told me you were Chrysalis; and I don't have enough time to answer how I'm here. Tell me how you got back to Equestria?"

Chrysalis fell back. "I- I don't remember," she said. "I got back over an entire week ago. I don't remember how I came back."

"Great," Twilight thought aloud. "I used up all that magic for nothing."

Chrysalis remained confused. "What did you use magic for?"

"I still don't have time to explain," she said. "All I can say is: look for hidden messages. Clues are left all around all you have to do is find them." She began to glow a dim light. "I'm almost back! Remember, Chrysalis! Trust my fr-"

She never finished her sentence. Her horn glowed with a purple light and she vanished in a flash of light.

Chrysalis stared in wonder at the spot she disappeared. What was that all about?

Ponyville Library July 27th 1001

Rainbow Dash sat in the seat and looked at the letter in front of her. It's addressed to me, she thought. How is it addressed to me?

Staring down at the note, she slowly turned it over to the open side. She took out the letter and read it to herself.

Dear, Rainbow Dash, it read.

If you are reading this, it means that I have left Ponyville in my banishment. It probably also means that you finally decided to read the next Daring Do book. That's good for you. You are still able to enjoy the small things in life. Me... I'm just alone. I have nothing left. I can't read any new books unless I find another library or a bookstore. I envy your freedom. I only wish that I would be able to do all the things that you and our friends can do.

I'm getting off topic here. I need your help Rainbow. I have been wrongly accused of my crimes. I need you to find out the true culprit behind this. I need you to find a unicorn mare. Her name is Crystal. She gave me a spell to cast and knocked me out for a time. I had the Elements of Harmony with me before I cast the spell, but when I woke they were missing.

I suspect a dangerous kind of magic at work. I need you to clear my name. To prove to others that I am innocent and I need to come back. You must find the Elements of Harmony and question the mare named Crystal. She knows what she did to me. These are the three things I ask of you. One, find Crystal. Two, Find out who is truly behind this. Three, find the Elements of Harmony. They are the only thing that can help prove my innocence.

Please help me Rainbow Dash.

Sincerely,

Twilight Sparkle.

After rereading the message multiple times, Rainbow Dash decided to put off the Daring Do book for later, and instead, look for Crystal.

??? July 27th 1001

Discord was lost. The middle of the desert was not the place for him. Still, he had to find the Elements of Harmony before everypony else did.

But where could they be? he asked himself. Only Twilight Sparkle knows where they were hidden, and its not as if she remembers it. I could go into the locked parts of her memory, but that requires leaving Equestria. Exiting the barrier prevents me from returning through it. If only I could travel through time. Then I could fix a mistake of me not watching Twilight hide the elements.

Sad for him, he could not. Time travel is very difficult, even for him. He would have to know exactly when to travel, and use up most of his magic in the process.

He also didn't know the spell. So that puts an even bigger hole in his plan.

Oh, well, he thought, It's not here, so I might as well search someplace else.

Ponyville July 27th 1001

Crystal wandered around Ponyville. The strange encounter with Twilight certainly was a strange event. It made no since to her. Why was Twilight there? Why did she ask how I got through the barrier? How did she know that I'm Chrysalis? These questions continued to dance around in her head, making her completely unaware of a certain cyan pegasus walking her way.

"Excuse me," she asked, making Crystal jump.

"Oh, you scared me there," she said before looking upon who was talking to her. When she saw who it was, she nearly dropped to the ground. "H- H- Hello, R- Rainbow Dash," she stuttered.

"Hi. I was wondering if I could ask you something," Rainbow said.

Regaining her breath, she replied: "Sure. What is it?"

"Have you know a mare named Crystal? I need to talk to her about something."

"Yes, I know Crystal."

"Cool! Can you take me to her?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because your looking at her."

The cyan pegasus fell back. She had a look of surprise, which quickly changed to a look of anger. "All right, Crystal," she said. "What did you do to Twilight?"

PreviousChapters Next