• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4 - Trial

Chapter 4 - Trial

Canterlot Courthouse July 24th 1001

Twilight followed in silence as the princess guided her through the castle. She knew where they were headed, the courthouse.

She had been there several times when Celestia was passing judgment on robbers and lawbreakers, but she had never been here for her own trial. This fact dawned on her, making it seem like it was her against the entire world.

As they entered the courthouse, Twilight could see her friends lined up in the audience. All except Applejack that is. She then approached the accused stand as the princess went to the judge's stand.

"Do you have anything to say before we start?" Celestia asked her.

"Do I get an attorney?" she asked.

"Hmm," Celestia said. "Yes. You will get an attorney, because then this trial wouldn't be fair. Bring in her attorney!"

Twilight turned towards the doors at the back of the room to see her attorney. When she saw who it was, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Applejack? What are you doing over there?"

"Ah am your defense attorney. Nopony else wanted to defend you, so Ah took the job."

"But your my friend. The book of court law I read said that only ponies I didn't know could be my attorney."

"As Ah said, nopony else wanted to do this, so I got to do this as long as Celestia was high judge."

Twilight looked at her, and then back at princess Celestia in the judge's chair. That makes sense, I guess, Twilight thought to herself.

"Are there any more questions?" Celestia asked.

"No, your highness."

"Then we shall start." She nodded at Shining Armor, who was called back from his honeymoon to take part in this trial.

Shining Armor then began the trial. "The accused is hereby charged with attempted murder, betrayal to the country of Equestria, and robbing the Elements of Harmony."

"Objection, your honor," Applejack called out. "I know for a fact that Twilight would never do this."

"This calls for a witness. CALL IN THE FIRST WITNESS!"

Everypony in the court room looked toward the back of the room to see a member of the royal guard coming to the front of the room.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me Celestia?"

"I do," the guard replied.

"Have a seat."

The guard sat down in the chair. Applejack then began questioning the witness.

"Where were you at 9:00 on July 20, 1001?"

"I was guarding the doors to the throne room, where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were having a private conversation."

"Do you know what they were talking about?"

"No. Listening in on royal conversations uninvited is punishable by 20 years in prison."

"Was this a normal day on the shift?"

"It was, until that mare right there," he pointed his hoof at Twilight, "came to the throne room."

"Are you sure it was Twilight?"

"I'm positive," he said. "She wore no cloak, no nothing, and came toward the doors asking to let her in. We also cast a a spell that got rid of any magical disguise, so we could tell it wasn't a changeling."

"And you let her enter the room?"

"Of coarse I did. She was the proud student of Princess Celestia. Both me and the other guard assumed that she had priorities with the princess."

"How long was it until anything else happened?"

"Well, not 5 minutes after we let her in, we both heard a scream come from Princess Celestia. We knew she wouldn't scream without a reason, so as rule 37 of the royal guard handbook said," he cleared his throat. "If the princesses signal any kind of trouble, you are to ignore all warnings to stay away and rush to help them."

"And that is what you did?"

"Yes. When we opened the doors we saw Twilight attacking the princesses. We rushed in behind her. She noticed us coming and quickly threw up a magical barrier, preventing any guards from interfering."

"What happened next?"

"Well, Twilight fought pretty good, but was no match for both of the princesses at once. Luna eventually cast a deep sleep spell on her, making her fall asleep. Once she fell to the floor, the magical barrier fell and we put her in the cell."

"Is that all that happened?"

"Yes."

"Then you may go," Celestia told the guard.

The trial went on for hours. They brought in many witnesses to testify for the trial, including princess Luna. Eventually, there were no more witnesses.

"There are no more witnesses," Shining Armor declared. "The Jury will now declare its verdict."

The jury talked between themselves for a minute before writing something down on a piece of paper and handing it to the princess. She picked it up with her magic.

"Twilight Sparkle," she began, "the jury finds you guilty of your crimes against Equestria. For stealing the Elements of Harmony, attempting to kill me and Princess Luna, and Betraying everything you were supposed to protect, you are hereby banished from Equestria, never to return!"

Discord's Domain July 24th 1001

Discord loved his new magic mirror toy. He could use it to spy on ponies anywhere on the planet. At the time, he was spying on Celestia's court.

"Oh what a happy day this is," he said gleefully. "Twilight Sparkle is banished, and once she is gone, nopony can stop me from wreaking chaos across the land of Equestria!"

The only thing that could be heard in the cave after that, was Discord's maniacal laughing echoing down the corridors.

PreviousChapters Next