• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27 - Another Journey Into The Mind

Chapter 27 - Another Journey Into The Mind

Grazil Hospital July 31st 1001

Graymayne just stared at Blue. "You want to look at my memory?" he asked.

"Yes, that's right," Blue responded. "You have seen the place, and I want to see for myself what it looks like."

"And how do you expect to look at my memories? They're in my mind, so unless you have a way to get there, you might want to rethink your plan."

"Actually, I do have a plan to do that. Its a simple spell, but I would like your permission to use it on you."

"Why would you want my permission? If you can do it, why don't you?"

"Because if I go into your mind, I will be able to access every memory you have ever had. To me, if I went into your mind, there is nothing safe from me viewing it."

Graymayne sat as still as a porcupine on a cold inter afternoon. If it wasn't the middle of summer, he might have actually frozen. I'm just kidding, but that is slightly funny. However, the 'sat as still as a porcupine on a cold winter afternoon' is true.

"Has he done this before?" he asked Twilight.

"Yes," she said. "He used it to show me a memory when I didn't believe him about something. I didn't know what was going on at the moment, so I didn't think about messing around in his head."

Graymayne scratched his chin. "All right," he finally said. "I'll let you see my mind on one condition."

"And what might that be?" Blue asked.

"Whatever you see in there, don't whisper a word of it to another pony. Not even if it is one of the kindest things I might have done, please don't say anything to anypony else."

"You have my word. Whenever you're ready, we can start."

"Should I come with you?" Twilight asked.

"No," he answered. "This is something that you don't want to see, Twilight. However brave you think you are, you are not ready to see what is in his mind. Not even Graymayne will come with me."

"Why's that?"

"Because I used up most of my magic yesterday. That's the other reason I'm not letting you come with me. I don't have enough magic for more than one."

"Okay, but can you promise me something as well?" she asked.

"Sure."

"Promise me you'll stay safe."

He chuckled. "Twilight, of you knew who I truly was, or what I do, you wouldn't be saying that."

"What do you mean?"

"Now isn't the time to answer that." Blue turned to Graymayne. "Are you ready?"

"Definitely," he said. "What should I do?"

"Just stand still and let me cast my spell."

He obliged as Blue became in horn's reach of him. He lit his horn and touched it to Graymayne's head.

The world slightly faded around him as he entered the mind of his friend.

Graymayne's Memory No Definite Time

Blue arrived in a vast field of black. He looked around, trying to make sense of where he ended up.

This is new, he thought. I've been in plenty of minds, but this one is unlike any other.

He looked in a single direction to see a single door. The door was blood red and had the words 'STAY OUT' scratched onto it. He opened the door to see it lead to another room full of doors. Each one of them were blood red and labeled. One said: 'Torture' while another read 'Solitude.' A third read: 'Assassinations: Failures and Successes' on it. he turned around and saw a fourth door that was recently chained up and boarded. On it, were the two letters: 'M' and 'T.' Blue had an Idea what was behind that one, but he knew he would regret it.

Upon seeing that fourth door, he remembered the battle he had with that creature that Graymayne kept hidden from the rest of the world. He fought him for a reason, which was to hold him back when he entered his friend's mind. If he didn't find a way to stop it, or at least hold it back, he might not make it out of the mind in one piece.

He knew that the monster was only let out once before. That was the fight Graymayne had with Gunner. It was so long ago, that the prison he was kept in began to weaken. He had to fight it in order to enter Graymayne's mind without becoming corrupted. He knew that Twilight was his sister, and that he could control the monster as long as he knew that, but he was too stubborn to just tell him that in the first place.

What was I thinking? I knew that only he could control the monster, and only if he knew about Twilight being his sister. I should have just told him from the start, and that second fight would not have happened.

He turned his head away from the door. He didn't want to look at it anymore. He turned to see many other doors that led to other spots of his mind. Maybe I should send my memories into different sections like this. Much more organized than them just being labeled.

His eyes turned to a single door. Unlike the rest, it wasn't as blood-stained as the others, and had the name: 'Discord' on it. Reluctantly, he opened the door. He saw that the doors inside of this one were also labeled, and had specific events in his life.

He saw a single door to his right and opened it. He saw him training with Discord as a young filly to become the assassin he was 'supposed' to be. He closed the door and moved on. That memory was when he was a filly, so the door he was looking for must be further along.

After moving through what must have been 100 doors, he saw a single door on his left. The label read: 'Other dimension Discord' on it. He slowly walked toward the door, opening it with slow movements. On the other side, he saw Graymayne stepping out of a portal to what must have been Discord's lair.

Instantly, he ran into the memory. He needed to find out where it was, or at least get a clue on the answer. He saw what seemed like a cave, only that it wasn't exactly a cave. It had the makings of a small home, but it was also shaped like the inside of a cave. The walls were certainly decorated, but they were rounded and it grew into the ceiling, which, for some reason, was also decorated.

Around the place, he saw a bed, a small TV, a large mirror(Which, for some reason, was completely black) and other things you might actually see in an everyday home. Wow. Just wow. After all this is over, I might want to live here.

He quickly remembered why he came there in the first place. He walked as quickly as he could to the entrance of the cave. When he reached it, he saw a clear sky above him. The grass was certainly unexpected. Then again, who would expect Discord, God of Chaos, to be living in a field like this?

He got a look around. To his left, he saw the Everfree Forest. To the right, was Ponyville.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" he cried. "He was right next to Ponyville all along?"

The scene suddenly changed. Instead of the peaceful view of Ponyville, he saw the barren wastelands near the edge of Equestria. This must be when Graymayne heads out to Grazil.

"This is the edge of Equestria," Blue heard Discord say. "If what you say about this stallion is true, then he should be helping Twilight Sparkle get back to her home in Ponyville."

"Why didn't you just teleport me to where he is?" Graymayne asked.

"The border has a magical barrier around it. Anything not wanted in Equestria is prevented from entering. However, anything is allowed to leave."

"Why don't you just destroy the barrier? Surely you have the power."

"Actually, I don't. This barrier was created by Celestia, Princess of the Sun. Only she truly knew how to get rid of the barrier."

"Knew?"

"Correct. I'm pretty sure she has forgotten how to turn it off. The point is, I can't get back through once I leave Equestria. Once you're through there, I cannot help you return."

"No worries about that," Graymayne reassured him. "Once my task is finished, my Discord will come and get me out if there."

"If you're so sure, then be on your way," Discord said before disappearing into thin air.

Graymayne turned toward the border between Equestria, and the land beyond.

"You better watch yourself," he said to nopony in particular as he stepped over the border. "Watch yourself, because I'm coming for you Blue!"

The scene suddenly changed once again. "What's going on?" Blue asked. The entire scene was black around him.

"Did you honestly think that you could go through his memories unnoticed?" a voice called.

"Who's there?"

"Why, who do you think it is, Blue?"

That voice. It can't be! "No! I had you held back!"

"Nothing is permanent. You of all ponies should know that."

"What do you want!"

"Well, if I told you that, it would ruin the fun, wouldn't it?" Blue growled at him. "Oh, don't be like that. You already know what I want."

"No, actually, I don't."

"Why, its the only thing that is now trapped with me forever, of course."

Blue's eyes widened and he ran. He ran anywhere he could. Left, right, sometimes up and down. But all of it was pointless. No matter where he went, he always found himself in the room he started in.

"Having fun? Now just stay here," the voice called. "Sleep here... forever..." Blue collapsed on the ground and was encased inside a bubble. He passed out.

Grazil Hospital July 31st 1001

Twilight watched as Blue rested his horn on Graymayne's head. His horn glowed and then stopped.

"How long is this spell supposed to last?" Graymayne asked.

"Not to long," she answered. "When he did it to me, he said it would only take about a second in the real world."

"It seems to be taking more than a second."

"He's probably just tired. He should be out any second now."

Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes turned to hours. It was actually only one hour, but who's counting?

"Something's wrong," Twilight said. "Something happened to him."

"What could happen to him?" Graymayne asked. "There is nothing that... could... harm... Oh, dear."

"What? What is it?"

"There is something that could have happened to him. You remember yesterday, when he said we have to get him out of the way?"

"Yes..."

"Well, that is why he brought him out. If he entered my mind yesterday, he would have had to fight him without any help. By getting me to control him better, it allowed him to enter my mind without having to worry about him."

"Then what was the problem? If you got rid of him, then why would he be able to hurt Blue now?"

"That's the problem. I didn't get rid of him. I only held him back. If he found Blue..."

Twilight's eyes widened when she understood what happened. "Blue!" she called, pulling him off of Graymayne. His face had a slightly pained expression and looked troubled in a way. "Blue! Wake up! Wake up!"

Graymayne slowly climbed out of the bed. "I'm sorry sis, but it doesn't look like he made it."

"Do you men he's..." Graymayne nodded. Twilight's eyes watered. "Blue!"

PreviousChapters Next