• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 - Hallway of Doors

Chapter 13 - Hallway of Doors

Town of Grazil July 27th 1001

Twilight had met some crazy ponies when she was with her friends, but this one was downright strange.

"What kind of a name is Blue?" she asked the stallion.

"Its my name. If you don't like it you can call me something else," replied Blue.

"Sorry. I meant no offence."

"None taken. That hasn't been the first time I've had that question asked. Probably wont be the last either. Anyway, back to my original question, why are you here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why aren't you in Ponyville with your friends?"

"How do you know about my old life?"

"Umm. Lucky guess?"

"Not a valid answer. Try again, 'Blue.'"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. But why are you here?"

"I-" Twilight stuttered. "I was banished."

"Well, that's nice to hear, now- wait. Did you say you were banished?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You seem to know a lot about me, so you find the answer."

"You never told me that,' he muttered to himself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! Why were you banished?"

"I was framed."

"Oh," Blue said with a sigh of relief. "That explains it. You would never do anything to get banished."

"Now for one of my questions. Who are you really, and how do you know that much stuff about me?"

"I already told you, my name is Blue, and you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Fine then, 'Blue.' If your so sure I won't believe you, then prove it!"

"What?" Blue asked with a stunned face.

"I said prove it!"

"I heard you, but I didn't expect you to ask that."

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"Twilight, are you ready?"

"Of course I'm ready. What do you take me for, a fool? I wouldn't have asked if I wasn't ready."

"All right then. If your so sure."

His horn lit up. It glowed a bluish color mixed in with a slight hint of grey. He brought his horn down onto Twilight's forehead, and they both entered a new area.

???

Twilight looked around her, but saw nothing but doors as far as the eye could see.

"Where are we?" Twilight asked the mysterious stallion.

"We are in my memories," he replied. "This is where I'm going to tell you how I know so much about you."

"When I asked you to prove it to me, I didn't expect you to literally show me. I expected you to tell me the truth right where we were standing."

"And I am. When we come out of my mind, it will be like we haven't moved at all."

"Where did you learn to do that?"

"That, I wont tell you."

Twilight continued to ask questions as they walked the starry path around some doors. She asked about the doors the most.

"They are the doors to my memories. If you open one, you can see my life unfold in front of you."

"Why are they labeled?"

"Organization. I come here often and I don't want to get lost when looking through random memories."

"Why are there so many?"

"I have lots of memories, Twilight."

"Who are you really?"

"I've answered that question before. My name is Blue."

"No it isn't."

"And how do you know that?"

"That door over there," she pointed her hoof at a door labeled 'Ephraim Blue,' "It has Blue on it. Its a name, but it isn't a name I've ever encountered before."

"As smart as ever, Twilight. Yes, 'Blue' isn't my real name, but my real name has brought nothing but pain and agony to my life. I started going by 'Ephraim Blue' to hide that name. Of coarse, nobody would believe a name of 'Ephraim Blue,' so I just went by Blue."

"You talk as if you have known me for awhile, but I still have never met you."

"Oh, Twilight," Blue said with a small laugh. "Our time together is only beginning."

They continued walking down the path of Blue's memories. Some of the doors were a different color than the others. Some were green while others were red. Most were blue, but Twilight still felt curious.

"Blue?" she asked.

"Hmm?"

"Why are the doors different colors?"

They stand for different types of memories. Green doors have good memories while red doors have bad memories."

"What about blue doors?"

"They are memories that were neither happy to me, nor sad. They are indifferent. Most memories for some people can be good while others have mostly bad memories. What we are looking for is a gold door."

"What are gold doors for?"

"These doors are extremely special. They can either be good or bad. You can't find a gold door unless you deliberately search for something that wants to be found."

"What are you searching for?"

"What you want to see. Proof of what I know about you and the things you've done."

They continued walking through the hallway of doors, never stopping, never resting, and surprisingly, not getting tired. They only stopped when they found a single door that was different from the other doors.

The gold door.

"Well," said Blue. "Here we are."

Twilight stared at the door. She couldn't believe all that the stallion knew about this place. He talked about it like he was a complete expert of the place, or as if somepony with great magical talent taught him.

"Well, go on and open it," he said. "It won't open by itself."

Twilight slowly made her way toward the door. She reached for the handle, not wanting to use her magic in a place like this. Opening the door, she saw the town of Grazil before her. The image moved around, as if it was seen through the eyes of a pony.

"Blue!"

The image quickly turned in the direction of the voice. Twilight recognized that voice. It was her own voice, but she never said that.

The image turned to see a purple unicorn mare running toward them. Twilight couldn't believe what she saw. It was her! She called out Blue's name and ran toward him.

"Twilight?" said a voice that came from nopony in view. It was obviously Blue's voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for me. It was really kind of you to do that."

"Umm, your welcome, but I'm afraid I don't know what your talking about."

"Of course you know. You..." she stopped after looking up. "Oh, it hasn't happened to you yet. Its still in your future."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Blue, listen very closely, the image of Twilight said. "Sometime in your future, you are going to find me again, when that time comes, tell me that I am the Element of Magic, I was banished here because of things I didn't do, and my true nature describes me as a pony who wishes to help others, not hurt them.

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't worry. You already have.

The door shut after that. Twilight noticed that the door had changed from gold to blue.

"Now do you believe me?" Blue asked once the door had closed.

Twilight sat in bewilderment of what this place had to offer. She could find anything. Anything could be possible here.

"Hey, Twilight!"

Blue saying her name snapped her out of the trance. Looking at Blue, she said: "Yes. I believe you now."

"Good, because my spell is about to wear out."

As soon as he said those words, the world began to fall apart around Twilight, as she fell into darkness.

PreviousChapters Next