• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3 - An Open Mind

Chapter 3 - An Open Mind

Everfree Forest July 14th 1001

Chrysalis couldn't believe that her plan to take over Equestria failed that easily. It was all going so well too. She had complete control of Shining Armor, Princess Celestia in her grasp, and the real Princess Cadence unable to help her husband.

She nearly had Twilight Sparkle too, but she ran out the door before she could prevent her from doing anything. It seemed lucky for her when her changelings captured her and her friends, but that only brought her demise sooner then she thought.

Now, she was alone. No changeling army, no Discord, and no way of taking over Equestria.

Then she remembered. She had met Discord right before she met Twilight Sparkle. He had told her about an open mind spell that Twilight would use to leave her mind open to all who drank the potion. It would only last a couple of hours, but Discord had promised that was all the time he needed.

With that, she began her work.

She needed a cover story to make Twilight believe that the spell was rare and she was the only one who could cast it. She also needed a undercover identity for talking to her.

And that is when it hit her.

She would make a big journal full of spells, with one spell being the open mind spell. She would claim that the book was her grandfather's and she always wanted to know what the spell did. As for her cover identity, well, she was a changeling. She quickly changed into a mare unicorn with a crystal for a cutie mark. After looking into a pond of the Everfree Forest to see what she looked like, Chrysalis decided to go by the name of Crystal. That way, Twilight wouldn't have any evidence to bale anypony else once she was in court.

Ponyville Library July 18th 1001

Chrysalis, in the form of Crystal, watched in amazement as Twilight drank from the potion. I can't believe she went with it the entire way, she thought to herself. Once Twilight loses her mind, I have to bring Discord here to cast his mind control spell.

"No need," said a voice that appeared behind her.

Chrysalis turned to see Discord standing there, watching as Twilight began to lose her mind.

"The potion will almost have complete effect over her mind soon," Discord said. "I suggest you stand back, since this is a dangerous process."

"What do you mean by that?" Chrysalis asked.

"Just stand back and watch."

Chrysalis turned to see Twilight floating in the air, completely helpless to what was beginning to happen. She then suddenly started flying around the library at monstrous speeds.

Unable to tell where Twilight was going, Chrysalis ran toward a bookshelf and hid right beside it. She continued to watch the floating unicorn fly around the room for the next 5 minutes or so. That is when Twilight stopped floating through the air and gently fell back onto the ground.

"Well now," Discord said. "Lets get started shall we?"

???

Twilight awoke with a start. The floor was surprisingly cold to the touch. Her vision was completely blurred and she couldn't seem to cast magic where she was.

"Where- where am I?" she asked aloud.

She waited for an answer, but sadly, none came. Her vision was starting to come back, but she still couldn't tell where she was. She could tell that she was on a stone floor, but other than that, she had no clue about where she was.

She then heard the opening of a door. The pony then proceeded to come closer to the place where she was being held. She could tell it was a stallion coming down some stairs, probably wearing some sort of armor for battle.

"Excuse me sir, but where am I and what day is it?" she called out to the stallion.

The stallion didn't answer at first, but as Twilight vision came to, she could see that this stallion was a part of Celestia's royal guard.

"It is July the 24th, and you Twilight Sparkle, are in a prison cell of Canterlot Castle.

Discord's Layer July 24th 1001

The draconequus was very pleased with his work. He finally began his own revenge on princess Celestia and those other dim-witted ponies. Part one of his evil scheme was complete. Now it was time for part two.

Everfree Forest July 24th 1001

The changeling queen couldn't believe what had happened 6 days ago. She had the perfect plot for revenge all planned and carried out, but she never would have thought that Discord would turn on her like that.

But it was her own fault. She knew releasing Discord was a bad idea, but she couldn't help herself. She wanted revenge for what Twilight was going to do to her, but didn't think about the consequences of her own actions.

Now, she had to live with them.

Canterlot Prison July 24th 1001

Twilight couldn't believer her ears to what the guard had said. "Why? Why am I in prison? I didn't do anything?" she complained.

The guard didn't answer. She could probably understand why, since he was a part of the royal guard. The princess probably ordered him not to speak to me while he was on duty.

Since Twilight couldn't get out, she started to collect her thoughts.

She started thinking about what happened in the library, since it was the last thing she could remember.

She remembered making a potion with a mare named Crystal, then taking a sip from a ladle, but after that, nothing. Not a bit of anything to remember after that.

Right at that exact moment, the door to the cell opened up to reveal 2 guards with the princess walking in.

"Twilight Sparkle," the princess started. "You will be put on trial for your crimes against all of Equestria."

"But, I don't know what I did," Twilight replied. "What in the world did I do to deserve this?"

"You stole the Elements of Harmony, betrayed your own friends by attacking all of them, and worst of all," Princess Celestia paused for a moment. "You tried to have me and Princess Luna killed!"

PreviousChapters Next