• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,993 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Technology

Chapter 14 - Technology

Ponyville Library July 28th 1001

Rainbow Dash spent no time waiting to write a letter. She started right away once Twilight sent her that letter through Spike's magical letter sending spell that was cast on him ever since he was able to do so.

The letter was simple. It was about Rainbow finding Crystal, her discovering that she was really Chrysalis, queen of the changelings, Discord's appearance, the spell he cast on the changeling, stuff like that.

Other than that, she hadn't really found much. The Elements of Harmony were completely lost, and they couldn't defeat Discord without them. He was the one who helped frame Twilight after all. The only thing she could do with this case now, was exchange information with Twilight through the magical letters.

She couldn't send it yesterday because Spike was tired and went to sleep in the early afternoon. Once he was awake, Rainbow would have him send her letter to Twilight.

Grazil Library July 28th 1001

Twilight had awoken yesterday right at the point and time Blue had said they would return at: the exact point at which they left. It didn't feel that long, though. It felt like hours, walking through that single pathway filled with doors.

Blue seemed to vanish after the day before, but not before answering one question.

"How do you cast that spell?" Twilight asked him.

"Its pretty simple, Twilight," Blue had responded. "All you have to do is focus your magic on your mind."

"What do you mean by that? Magic comes from the mind."

"I know."

A carriage passed in front of Blue at that point. He had taken a few steps away from Twilight after he showed her that memory. When the carriage passed, Blue had vanished into thin air. He didn't get onto the carriage, because Twilight had searched it for 30 minutes before realizing that he wasn't there.

It had been exactly 10 hours, 38 minutes, and 48 seconds since she saw him last. The mysterious stallion seemed full of surprises wherever he went. Still, she was going to see him again. She knew that for certain. He had shown her a memory they both shared, but only happened to one of them. Twilight still had to live out the memory that was shown to her.

It was strange though. He had lived through that memory, but Twilight had never met him before that. Its impossible to travel through time.

Isn't it?

She didn't think about that, though. She kept her mind occupied by reading through books she had never heard of before. One of the books seemed like a long lost book about Star Swirl the Bearded and the spells he was most famous for casting. The book wasn't really that interesting. When Princess Celestia let her into the Star Swirl the Bearded wing at the Canterlot Archives, she read through all these spells.

Putting the book away, a small cloud of dust came to Twilight and materialized into a letter. She picked it up and read it to herself. It told her about Crystal really being Chrysalis, Discord had something to do with Twilight's banishment, the spell on the queen, all that stuff I said it said earlier.

Hehe. 'I said it said.' Funny.

Sorry. I'm off topic again. Where was I. Oh, yes. The part where I come in again.

Another quick flash of light entered the room. Twilight turned to see Blue standing in the middle of the library.

"Oh, I'm never going to get used to that," he said. "Where am I this time? Library. Nothing new. Library I've never been in before. New. Purple unicorn that looks a lot like Twilight. Not new. Broken watch. Definitely not new, " he paused before continuing. "Wait, Twilight!"

He ran over and gave her a quick hug. "I haven't seen you for awhile. How's life?"

"Umm, great," she responded. "But, why did you say you haven't seen me in a while? I saw you yesterday."

"Right. My way of travel is funny like that. What were we talking about when you last saw me?"

"Magic came from the mind."

"Hold on, wait a moment," he said. Twilight got a closer look of him at that time. He looked older. His mane was the same, but he was slightly taller and had an older look in his eyes. "Ah," he said, making Twilight jump. "The Twilight that was banished. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, but where did you go yesterday? You vanished without a trace."

"Sorry, but when I met you the other day, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I had somewhere else to be as soon as I could get there."

"So, where did you go?"

"Another time, Twilight. How's the memory spell coming along?"

"You only showed it to me yesterday. I haven't had much time to practice."

"But your Princess Twilight Sparkle! The Element of Magic! Savior of countless worlds!"

"Wait," she interrupted. "'Princess' Twilight Sparkle?"

"Oh, um, did I say that?" he asked. "I didn't mean that. Slip of the tongue. Ignore it. As I was saying. You can cast that spell."

"How do you know that?"

"You taught it to me!"

Twilight was bitten back by that. "What do you mean I taught it to you?"

"I mean what I say," Blue responded. "I mean that you taught it to me."

"Is that something else that is in your past but my future?"

"Yes."

"How is that possible? A spell that takes you back on time only lasts a few seconds. You have been here much longer than that. How can you be from my future, AND still be here?"

"Have you ever considered that I wasn't using a spell?"

"That's impossible. Nopony can time travel without strong knowledge of magic, the correct spell, and complete focus on when they want to go. Even then it still only lasts a few seconds. Tell me. Just how are you doing that?"

"Technology," was his reply.

"Technology? You mean like light bulbs and ovens?"

"Yes, but this technology isn't invented yet. Not here anyway."

"Then how do you have it?"

"A good friend let me have it."

"Who is this 'friend' of yours?"

"Don't worry Twilight. You'll meet him one day."

"When will that be?"

"It will be the time you truly understand my concept of time travel," he replied. "Until then, can I stay here for awhile? I need to have my watch fixed."

"Why do you want to stay here to get your watch fixed if you can travel anywhere at anytime you want?"

"Twilight, this watch is very special to me. It is also a very special watch unlike any other. If it is broken, I don't feel like traveling anywhere until it can be fixed."

"How long do you think that will take?"

"However long it takes my friend to get here."

"And how will he know where to find you?"

"He has his ways, Twilight," he replied. "He has his ways."

"Why can only your friend repair it? There are plenty of watchmakers around town, I'm sure."

"He was the one who built his watch. Well, not built, I should say. It was more combined then made. Anyway, he's the only one I know who knows their way around this piece of technology."

"What's his name?" Twilight asked.

"He has gone by many names. John Smith, Time Turner, Doctor..."

"Doctor?" Twilight asked once again. "Doctor Who?"

"But the one name I prefer to call him by when he works on my watch," Blue said as he ignored Twilight's question, "is Clockwork."

Author's Note:

Cheap dialog chapter. That's all this chapter was. A cheap dialog chapter. More chapters should be better.

Don't understand everything? Well, one day I will make a story that will explain my O.C. That should explain more about this storyline.

PreviousChapters Next