• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26 - Return of Pinkamena Diane Pie

Chapter 26 - Return of Pinkamena Diane Pie

Ponyville Library July 31st 1001

Rainbow and her two companions opened the door to the library. They had been traveling almost non-stop for the past three days. It was good that they were finally back to rest.

But resting would have to wait. When they got a look inside, they saw 'Twilight' in the middle of the room waiting for them. Instantly, Rainbow flew strait at her, knocking her to the ground.

"All right, 'Twilight,'" she said angrily to the pony she had just pinned down. "Who are you really, and why are you sending us on pointless quests?"

"Rainbow, that's no way to treat a friend," a voice to her left said. She turned her head to see 'Twilight' standing not to far from where she was standing. She looked back at what she knocked over, and saw that it was nothing more than a dummy made to look like Twilight. "You could have seriously hurt me."

"How did you-" she began.

"You told me you were going to do that." she answered.

"No, I didn't! I only just came in here!"

"I never said you did it now. I just said you told me."

"Fine, lets say that I did tell you, it still doesn't answer my first question!"

"But you already know who I am, Rainbow."

"No, the Twilight we know is banished, and she can't get through the magical barrier that surrounds Equestria!"

"Yes, she is."

"Then who are you?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"No, I just said how you can't be, and you agreed to that!"

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm Twilight Sparkle!"

"No, you're no-"

"Rainbow, stop it!" Chrysalis screamed. Both the other mares turned to look at her. "We don't know if she is telling the truth or not. All we know, it that she is here, and we came back to get answers. Tell us 'Twilight,' how are you here?"

"I can't tell you guys that," she responded.

"And why's that?"

"Because its not the right time."

"And when is the right time?" Rainbow asked.

"It won't be for a while."

"Then what can you tell us?" Spike asked.

"That is not the question I would ask."

"Then what question would you ask?" Chrysalis asked.

"I would ask: 'Why would you send us on pointless quests?'"

"But I did ask that!" Rainbow protested.

"Well, I said that I wanted you to find Discord," she continued, ignoring Rainbow's protest. "But that is not the real reason I sent you out there."

"Then why did you send us there?"

"Did you see a shadow?"

"Huh?" they all asked.

"A s- shadow?" Spike asked.

"Yes!" Twilight exclaimed, looking at the baby dragon. "Did you see it?"

"We did," Chrysalis answered. "It told us to beware of something. A future of some sort I think..."

"I need to know what it said!"

"It said to beware of a day where all we know and love will disappear," Rainbow answered. "It also said that he was coming for us all." She stopped and looked around her. All eyes were on her in shock. "What? Am I not allowed to remember what a creepy shadow said?"

"No, its just that your usually the one who listens to other smart people talk." Twilight's horn began to glow a fierce white light. "My time is up." She turned to the three other figures in the room. "Don't worry. I will tell you when the time is right."

With that, she vanished without a trace. The three stood in silence, trying to figure out what happened.

Pinkie's Secret Warehouse July 31st 1001

The time was perfect. Pinkamena Diane Pie was certainly going to find out where Twilight was. She had Chrysalis going around town doing one thing.

And that was scout out information. About a week ago, she found her in the form of Crystal trying to get love to live. She apprehended her and offered her a choice. She gave her the choice of either scouting for information about Twilight, or she would be turned directly over to the princesses, which Pinkie knew she didn't want.

After she accepted the choice of scouting for her, she kept in close contact when they had a free moment to talk. What she recently learned, was that there was a mysterious Twilight roaming around the town, asking her and Rainbow do various stuff to supposedly 'help' her get home.

Not really one of the best things to do, letting somepony else do your dirty work. But that had little consequence. She needed to help get Twilight home, using whatever method she had to in order to achieve that goal. Now that she had the information of what this mysterious Twilight was doing, she would gladly head back and find out who she is herself.

"Now's the time," she said to herself. "Whether I am going to smile today or not, I will find Twilight. Even of it the last thing I do!"

Author's Note:

You people probably forgot about Pinkie, didn't you? Well, she's back, and the suspense shall rise.
Also, don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments how the story is going so far. Thanks, and I hope to see you people later.

PreviousChapters Next