• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2 - Spells and Consequences

Chapter 2 - Spells and Consequences

Ponyville Library July 15th 1001

The spell was extremely complicated. It required a lot of things just to be cast. In order for it to actually take effect, Twilight was going to have to use the Elements of Harmony.

"I've never seen a spell that requires the Elements of Harmony," Twilight said. "This is going to be extremely difficult to cast too. Are you sure you wish to continue to attempt to cast it?"

"Yes," Crystal replied. "I always wanted to know if this spell was truly able to be cast by anypony who isn't an alicorn."

"Well, since this spell is extremely difficult, it will take awhile to get all of the necessary procedures ready for this spell. Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, but how long do you think it would take to get the ingredients?"

"About 3 days."

"Three days..." she said. "I can wait three days."

"The first thing we need to do is inform the princess of this so we can get the Elements of Harmony for the spell. Spike!"

"Yes Twilight?" Spike called back.

"Take a letter."

Spike pulled out a letter and began to write down what Twilight was saying.

"Dear Princess Celestia, I am writing to you, not because I learned another lesson yet, but because a new spell has been introduced to me. The spell requires a lot of preparations, and will take about three days to prepare. But there is another thing that is required to make the spell work. The Elements of Harmony. I do not know why the elements are needed, but a mare by the name of Crystal has asked me to make this spell work, and fulfill her wishes of knowing if this spell is able to be cast by anyone who isn't an alicorn. All I ask is that you send the elements down to Ponyville as soon as possible, and wish me the best of luck on completing this spell. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

Ponyville July 16th 1001

Twilight began work for the spell right after she sent the letter. The princess didn't reply right away, but Twilight could understand why. The changeling attack on the castle had caused a lot of damage, and she was probably very busy with trying to repair all of the destruction they caused.

The first item on the list was a core of an apple. Twilight went down to Sweet Apple Acres to get an apple.

She stopped by Applejack, who was working hard in the field.

"Hey, Applejack," she called out.

The farmare turned toward Twilight with a whole lot of sweat on her forehead. "Howdy, Twilight," she called back. "What brings you to Sweet Apple Acres this fine morning?"

"I need a favor, Applejack."

"Well, go on then, shoot."

"I need the core of an apple for a spell I got from a mare yesterday."

"Hmm, that's strange. I never heard of a spell that needed the core of an apple. What kind of spell is it?"

"Its a peace of mind spell. Supposedly, this spell is supposed to give you complete peace of mind."

"Seems complicated. Ah'd be happy to help a friend with a new spell."

"Thank you Applejack. I'll tell you how it went."

"See ya later, Sugarcube."

Ponyville Library July 18th 1001

The rest of the items that Twilight had to gather had been really easy over the past few days. She got cold milk from the Cakes, a feather of a Pegasus from Rainbow Dash, even though she wasn't to happy about it, and the scale of a sea serpent in the Everfree Forest.

All that was left was for the elements from the princess to get here.

At what couldn't seem like a better time, Twilight revived a package from Princess Celestia.

Twilight opened the package to find a letter, and a chest.

Twilight unfolded the letter that read: My faithful student, I am sorry for these not to get to you sooner, but I did not think spike could handle such a big package. Inside the chest are the Elements of Harmony. I hope that your spell goes well and I wish to know the results of this spell, for I have never heard of a spell that requires the elements. Your humble teacher, Princess Celestia.

"So," Crystal began. "Are we ready to cast the spell?"

"Yes, I do believe so, Crystal," Twilight responded. "We have everything we need."

"Then lets get started."

Over the course of 3 hours, Twilight and Crystal prepared the spell for peace of mind.

"All right, here goes nothing," Twilight said as the glow of her horn increased in magnitude.

Twilight concentrated as hard as she could. In fact, she couldn't believe how hard she was trying. It took 3 days to get all of the necessary ingredients for the potion, the Elements of Harmony, and high magical skill. There was no way that she could get this spell wrong.

At that moment, a giant purple cloud erupted from the cauldron in front of her, knocking her back into the bookshelf.

Twilight shook off the pain that flared in the back of her head. She looked over at the potion halfway across the room. It was still smoking in the center, but by the color of the liquid, she could tell that the spell had worked.

Discord's layer July 18th 1001

-Quick little note right here. Discord had escaped from his stone prison in the Prolouge of the story. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest that you read it before continuing.

It had been a little over a week since Discord had been released by Chrysalis, the changeling queen. And how reward for waiting so long to attack Equestria would end in total success!

Chrysalis is too gullible, Discord thought to himself. The only reason she is doing this is because she wants revenge for what Twilight did to her at the wedding. She doesn't even begin to think what I plan to do with Equestria once Twilight has been banished forever.

Ponyville Library July 18th 1001

"Is the potion ready?" Crystal asked with a worried look on her face.

"Yes," Twilight responded. "The book says that the potion will turn a reddish- orange color when it was completed. All that's left is for someone to drink the potion."

"Twilight?"

"Yes Crystal?"

"I want you to drink it."

Twilight couldn't believe her ears. "But its your grandfather's spell, and you always wanted to know what it did."

"Yes, but after all we went through to make the potion, I want you to try it out first."

"Alright, if your so sure about this," Twilight said as she picked up a small ladle from the table next to her. She dipped the end of the ladle into the potion, and pulled out a small amount from the cauldron. "Well," she said as she sniffed the contents of the ladle, "Bon Voyage."

With that, Twilight took the ladle to her mouth and drank the potion.

PreviousChapters Next