• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 - Discord's Return

Chapter 6 - Discord's Return

Canterlot Castle July 25th 1001

Celestia worried harder than she ever had in her entire life. Discord had returned and without the Elements of Harmony, there was no way to stop him.

Luna came in not a moment too soon. "What ever is the matter, dear sister?" she asked Celesta with worry in her voice.

"Oh, Luna," Celestia began, "I fear that your timing could not be more perfect. Discord has returned."

Luna gasped when she heard this. "But that is impossible. The Elements of Harmony locked him in his prison. There is nopony with any capabilities to release him this soon."

"That is a complete mystery to me to. But whatever the cause of his return is, we must find a way to stop him before he destroies the life in Equestria."

"What about the elements?" Luna asked. "Can't they seal him up again?"

"I'm afraid they cannot, my sister of the night, for they were stolen."

"WHAT? By whom sister?"

"My student, Twilight Sparkle."

Everfree Forest July 25th 1001

Chrysalis watched as Twilight left her home. The plan that banished her had completely succeeded, but at a terrible price. She had released Discord from his stone prison in Canterlot. That was a huge mistake. If she wanted to get revenge on her, she should have done it herself, not ask the god of chaos to completely control her.

Chrysalis could have done something else to try and prevent this, but nothing came to mind. The only way they could change the world's fate now, was to prevent her from releasing Discord. The only way to do that was to travel in time. The only pony that could do that was Twilight, and that wasn't even for a full minute.

She felt sorry for what she did to Twilight. If she could change the past, she would. Sadly, for now, she couldn't do anything.

Canterlot Castle July 25th 1001

"Why?" Luna asked her sister. "Why would Twilight steal the Elements of Harmony?"

"I don't think she did anymore, Luna. Discord has been free for a while, meaning that he could have stolen them while they were at Twilight's place, and then wiped her memory of the event."

"That would mean that Discord has them!" Luna exclaimed. "Come, we must find Discord!"

"I don't think it will be that easy Luna," Celestia told her. "If Discord has the elements, he wouldn't allow them to be taken from him easily. We must keep this a secret."

"Why should this be a secret?"

"Because if we give out clues to Discord being free, all of Equestria will be in a state of panic."

"Thy words make sense, dear sister."

"Yes. We still must find Discord, but we must do it without anypony knowing."

"Too late, Celestia."

Ponyville Park July 25th 1001

"Ah don't know what we should do now that Twilight's gone," Applejack said. She and the others always met up on Tuesdays to have fun with their pets. "This place doesn't feel the same if all your friends ain't here."

"I know what you mean," Rarity replied. "It feels like there was something just ripped out of you, and it is impossible to replace."

"I wish Twilight were here," Fluttershy said. "She was the one who started this weekly get-together. Without her, this time would have never happened."

"I just wish that we could do something about Twilight's banishment," said Rainbow Dash. "If she isn't here, I'll never know if the next Daring Do book comes out!"

"Rainbow, that ain't what we are talking about," Applejack said.

"I thought we were talking about reasons we thought Twilight being gone was bad. Well to me, not knowing when the next book comes out is a bad thing."

"That is beside the point dears," Rarity reminded them. "We need to find a way to try and get Twilight back from banishment."

"Thank you, Rarity. That was mighty fine of you to agree with what we should be doing."

"Umm, if you don't mind, not all of us are present," Fluttershy said. "Has anypony seen Pinkie Pie?"

Ponyville July 25th 1001

The once pink party pony wandered through town. Unable to find any way of being happy for all the things that had happened, Pinkie Pie wandered.

That's all she did since Twilight left town. She watched in secret as Twilight had left. She felt like she could have stopped her from leaving at all. She would have hidden her somewhere that nopony would find her. Somewhere secret, safe, and unknown to all ponies around.

That's what she wished she could have done. What she did do then was stay hidden in the shadows behind her. She remembered the sight horribly, unable to forget what happened the past couple of days.

She couldn't stand being without one of her friends for the rest of her life. That is when she decided to do what nopony else would do.

She would solve the mystery behind what happened to Twilight, and bring her home.

Canterlot Castle July 25th 1001

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Princess Celestia called out to the voice she had heard.

"Sister, who are you shouting at?" Luna asked curiously. She had not heard any voice.

"There was a voice," Celestia said. "The voice said that it was too late."

"What did the voice sound like sister?"

"It sounded like..." she paused for a minute. When she realized who it was, she gasped and told Luna: "Discord."

"Ha, right you are princess."

Celestia and Luna both turned to see Discord standing in the doorway of the throne room.

"You know," he began, "it would be a lot nicer if you greeted an old friend the way they used to greet each other."

"Enough talk Discord. What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?"

"Me?" he said. "I didn't do a thing with them."

"Thou lies," Luna accused. "Thy art the only one who could have stolen the elements. Now tell us the truth. Where are they?"

"Now, my dear Luna. You know for a fact that I am not the only one who could have stolen the elements. Another fact is that I came to ask you two if you knew where that were."

"Why would we have them?" Celestia asked. "They are no longer in our possession. We have no need to hold the elements."

"Hmm," Discord thought to himself. It appears that you really don't know what happened to them. Since my business here is concluded, I bid you farewell princesses."

With that, Discord left the castle.

"Sister?" Luna asked. "What if he really doesn't know where they are?"

Celestia looked down upon her younger sister and said, "I- I don't know."

PreviousChapters Next