• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - The Fight of Friends

Chapter 21 - The Fight of Friends

Just Outside of Grazil July 30th 1001

Graymayne had walked nearly the entire day yesterday. He only stopped when he realized he wouldn't be able to get to the town before the night fell upon the land. After the light returned, he immediately set out to continue the search for Blue.

His master, Discord, had told him little about this stallion. He only gave him a name, color of coat, race, color of mane and tail, and the cutie mark. Basically, a complete physical description of him. However, he failed to tell him what he was like. All the things he did, what he didn't do, or even why he wanted him dead.

Those things were important in an assassin's job. They needed to know as much as they could about their target. When he was given the information, he asked if there was anything else. The only other thing he was told, was that he was associated with The Doctor, whom he had failed to kill when he was a filly.

His orders were simple. Find Blue, question him on The Doctor's location, and then dispose of him. Simple to some normal assassins. To him, every thought, movement, observation, and even the terrain would count against him. He had to study and subdue his opponent quickly. Otherwise, he would experience the worst possible fate. A fate that rarely occurred to him.

Failure.

His eyes soon came across a town with a sigh that said: 'Welcome to Grazil.' He wasn't much for a tourist, but he would have to ask the residents of they had seen or heard of the stallion called Blue.

What this world's Discord had said to him came rushing back. "If what you say about this stallion is true, then he should be helping Twilight Sparkle return to her home in Ponyville." He then realized that if he would fail at finding Blue, then he would have to search for Twilight Sparkle and convince her to tell him where Blue was.

He had to make sure that he didn't kill her. It is against his own rules to kill a mare. He would simply ask her where he was, and then leave. Simple as that. As long as she didn't resist and stayed out of his way, no harm would come to her.

He went strait for the town hall, feeling that it would be a good place to start looking for them. Opening the door, he was greeted by a warm hello.

"Hey there," a stallion said. "What brings you to this here town?"

"I'm looking for an old friend of mine," Graymayne told the stallion. "I heard he was staying in this town. His name is Blue. Perhaps you've heard of him?"

"Sorry," he said. "Never heard of a name that strange."

"That's okay. I also heard he might be staying with a mare by the name of Twilight Sparkle. Do you know her?"

"Sure do. She checked in about a week ago. I offered her a few jobs, and she took the one for the new librarian. You can find her at the local library."

"Really?" That's good to hear. Thanks for the information."

He walked out of the office, satisfied that he got the information he needed. Everything was going as planned.

Grazil Library July 30th 1001

The day was going perfectly fine for Twilight. The Doctor had moved his 'TARDIS' to the basement so that it wouldn't distract any of the ponies that usually checked out books.

Blue was out in the town getting groceries. He felt like he needed to help out around if he was going to wait for the watch to be fixed. Before he had left, he had told Twilight: "If anypony comes looking for me today, don't tell them where I am. Draw them inside for some tea, suggest a book for them to read. Just don't tell them where I am.

Twilight had asked why, but he left before giving her an answer. The door opened to allow a blue stallion with a grey and black mane enter through. He asked a simple question.

"Are you Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yes," she responded. "Can I help you with anything?"

"As a matter of fact, you can. You see, an old friend of mine is staying in this town by the name of 'Blue.' I heard that you knew where he is staying. Is that correct?"

Remember what Blue told you, Twilight, she thought to herself before answering: "No. I'm afraid that the information you received is incorrect."

"I'm afraid it isn't," he insisted. "I need to speak with him immediately, and I know from a reliable source that he is in this town. If you don't tell me where he is, I'm afraid that this conversation won't go on much further."

"Well, if you insist," Twilight said. "I'm afraid that I don't know where he is at the moment, but if you give me your name, I can tell him you came and he can find you later."

"All right," he said. "My name is-"

"Graymayne!"

Both of them turned to see Blue standing in the doorway, an angry look implanted on his face.

"How do you know my name?" Graymayne asked.

"You told it to me," Blue responded. "Twilight, get away from him now. He is an assassin working under Discord sent here to kill me."

"He's a WHAT?" Twilight screamed.

"Now I know you have some sort of mind powers," Graymayne said. "I've never met you before today. Oh, and thank you for revealing yourself to me. Now I don't have to find you."

"And your mission is going to fail."

"Sure it is. Before we start, is there anything else you would like to confirm about me?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your cutie mark means you are good at conjuring things out of thin air."

"That's it!" Graymayne said before lunging himself at Blue. Blue simply lit up his horn and teleported outside onto the street. Enraged, the assassin followed him outside, leaving Twilight alone in the library.

That's when she realized she wasn't alone! The Doctor was inside his machine fixing Blue's watch! She quickly ran downstairs to see The Doctor waiting for her.

"Doctor!" she cried. "Blue's in trouble! You need to go out there and help him!"

"I'm afraid I cannot do that, Twilight," he responded.

"Why not?"

"Because I'd only get in his way. I fought against Graymayne a while back, and I nearly got killed. Blue is fighting this stallion not because of revenge, but because this is a fight he has to do alone."

"Why's that?"

"Because he was friends with Graymayne."

"What?"

"You heard me. He met Graymayne not to long ago and became friends with him. The Graymayne he is fighting now is a past version of him, before the two became friends."

"But why is he fighting him then?"

"He isn't really fighting. He is avoiding and keeping him away from us. He is also not fighting because if he fights him now, there might not be a Graymayne for him to become friends with."

"So he's doing this not only for our sake, but Graymayne's as well?"

"That's correct. Both of them live because Graymayne still has to become friends with Blue, and Blue can't die because he still has a reason for living."

"And what might that be?"

"His friends. Oh, and I finished fixing his watch not to long ago. Tell Blue I said Bye."

Twilight, who had been struck with awe, simply said: "Okay."

The Doctor went into his TARDIS and brought out two items. One was the watch and the other was a large chest. "Toss Blue the watch when you get the chance to do so," The Doctor said. "The box here holds something very dear to you. However, it will only open once you find a true reason to be fighting."

Twilight picked both the box and the watch from The Doctor's grip. He then went into the big blue box once again and shut the doors. The box made the same sound that it did when it had arrived in the library yesterday as it vanished from sight.

Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr. Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr. Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr.

Twilight then realized that Blue needed her help, and she ran upstairs to help her friend.

Outside Grazil's Library July 30th 1001

The blue stallion charged out the door in fury at Blue, who was simply standing calm in the middle of the street. Once Graymayne was close enough, he cast a spell at the Library. A force field appeared above it, preventing anything from entering. He quickly dodged to the side as Graymayne came down upon the spot he once stood.

He then saw the horn of his foe light up, causing two knives to appear out of thin air around him. Blue dodged as they swung violently around him. Blue lit up his own horn to conjure two shields which he then used to block the knives coming down at him.

"How did you do that!?" Graymayne asked in fury once he saw what Blue had done. "That's black magic you just used. Normal ponies like you shouldn't be able to even know about this at all!"

"No they aren't," Blue responded. His horn lit up once more to make all of the conjured objects disappear. "However, I am Not a normal pony."

Graymayne took a second to register what Blue had done. He quickly jumped back to cast another conjuring spell. This time, he summoned two hands and sent them flying at Blue. Blue remained stationary and conjured two hands of his own. Instead of sending them at Graymayne, he sent them directly at the two other hands that were coming strait at him. His hands collided with the others, forcing them into the ground and making them vanish. Graymayne stood in shock at what Blue had done.

"Impressive," he finally said after a full minute. "I think its time I stopped going easy on you. But first, you must tell me something."

"You wish to know where The Doctor is, don't you?"

"Yes! Tell me where he is!"

"Sorry, but I already prevented you from getting to him."

"What do you mean? All you've done is counter my spells and put up a barrier around the library!"

"Exactly."

Realization hit Graymayne after Blue had said that. His face showed no more signs of mercy as he lunged at Blue, who simply teleported away once again.

"Coward! Stand still and fight me like a true stallion!"

"Why? So that I hurt one of my friends?"

"We. Are. Not. FRIENDS!" Graymayne screamed once more as he sent a special spell. It exploded the area around them. "Now you won't be able to teleport!"

He conjured another two knives, which Blue once again, countered with two shields to block every attack that was swung at him.

"Give it up, Graymayne," Blue said. "No matter what you do, I can counter it. You've lost this fight!"

"I don't think so," he responded as he suddenly teleported away from view, making Blue jump in surprise. He quickly turned in all directions to see where the stallion had gone. "Over here, " Graymayne said before he conjured another blade and sliced at Blue.

Blue gave out a small whimper of pain before running back in the direction of the library.

"Where do you think your going?" Graymayne mocked as he teleported in front of him to deliver another blow. Blue ignored the pain and continued running toward the library. "Where are you going? Come back and fight!"

Blue ignored this as he reached the barrier around the Library. He saw Twilight on the other side holding his fixed watch. She tossed it at him. It nearly hit the barrier when Blue used his magic and provided a small hole for it to fly through. He used his magic to pick up the watch and slip it onto his wrist.

"That watch isn't going to save you, Blue!" Graymayne shouted as he charged for Blue once again.

"Oh, I beg to differ," Blue smirked as he pushed inward the button on the side, making him disappear into thin air.

"What?!" Graymayne screamed in surprise. "You can't teleport! I put up a special spell that only lets me teleport here!"

"But I didn't teleport," Blue's voice said from behind Graymayne. The assassin turned to see a completely healed Blue standing right behind him.

"How did you do that?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't understand."

Graymayne growled as he teleported behind Blue once again to attack. Right before the attack came, Blue stepped forward, making the knife that was swung hit the ground hard. He teleported again, this time he was falling directly onto Blue's back.

Blue, however, lit his horn and completely stopped his decent, freezing him in midair. Blue slowly sent him onto the ground in front of him, using his magic to hold him in place. He cast another spell, one that made Graymayne feel drowsy and fall asleep.

Blue stood in the in front of the library, and then lowered the shield to have Twilight jump on him.

"That was amazing!" she complimented. "How did you know where he was going to attack without knowing where he teleported to?"

"I'll tell you once he wakes up," he replied, pointing a hoof at Graymayne. "Come on. We need to get him bound before then."

PreviousChapters Next