• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32 - Realization

Chapter 32 - Realization

Edge of Equestria August 1st 1001

Pinkie and Chrysalis had eventually reached their first destination.

"Well, here we are," Chrysalis said. "The edge of Equestria."

"This doesn't really seem like the appropriate way to barricade a border between lands," Pinkie said. "Just an invisible barrier that keeps the ones that are unwanted out? Couldn't Celestia just put up a guard?"

"You forget. She put up the barrier in old war times. They were low on troops, and probably had no other way to defend against any other threats."

"Well, either way, we still have a reason to be out here."

"Are you ready then?"

"More then I'll ever be."

"Then lets go get Twilight back in Equestria."

And together, by the power of friendship, they both made a rainbow bridge that guided them to their destination!

...

Just kidding. They just crossed the border.

Grazil Hospital August 1st 1001

"What do you mean, I'm the key to helping him?" Graymayne asked.

"Do you really not see it, or are you just playing with me?" Twilight asked back.

"The first one."

Twilight sighed once again. "Whenever you do something positive, you help Blue in some way."

"So what should I do? Sing?"

"No, just do something positive again."

Graymayne thought for a minute. "I like pie?"

Both turned toward the sleeping stallion to find that he was still in the same position as earlier.

"Flowers make me happy?"

Still nothing.

"Rainbows are pretty?"

Nothing.

"This isn't getting anywhere," he said. "Do you think it's about something specific?"

"I don't know," Twilight said. "Maybe it had something to do with his spell."

"You mean him going into my mind? Kinda creepy if you ask me. But what's in my head that would be a dan-"

"What?" Twilight asked when he stopped.

"Do you remember when I was screaming at you yesterday? How I said he could have run into the monster inside of me?"

"Y- Yeah. You don't think...?"

"I do think. How else would I have come up with the idea?" He slightly chuckled. "But I do think he ran into him. Do you also remember the fight Blue had with him?" She nodded. "Well, I was about to kill Blue then. The only thing that stopped me was when he cast that spell that made me remember you as my sister."

"Where are you going with that?"

"It's not just positive emotions that made him react, it was positive emotions toward you, Twilight."

Twilight looked back and remembered that is was when Graymayne hugged her yesterday, and when he put his hood around her shoulder not 5 minutes ago that Blue did react.

"So the more positive you are toward's me, the faster we can save Blue?"

"I don't think it's that simple, Twilight. He went into my mind, and then he was in a coma. You don't get into a coma easily, unless you suffer severe head damage. Blue never suffered and damage in the head. Something must have happened to his mind when he was in my head."

"What to you think happened?"

"I think he met the monster in my head. I also think that he has been trapped and can't get out."

Twilight sat for a minute. "What should we do? We can't just leave him in there!"

"I do have one idea. Did Blue ever teach you the spell he used?"

"Yeah," she replied. "He taught me to look back into my memories and re-look at stuff I've forgotten. Do you think that could help us save Blue?"

He nodded. "I need you to use that spell to travel into my mind and free Blue."

Twilight sat down on the floor behind her and thought about that. She gave a grin at one point, but almost immediately turned into a frown.

"I would love to," she said, "but Blue never taught me how to do that."

...

"But didn't he teach you to enter a mind?" Graymayne asked after the pause.

"He taught me to enter my mind. Not another pony's mind."

"Don't you think you could do it?"

"Perhaps. Did Blue tell you to do anything before entering your mind?"

"Nope. He just did the spell. As far as I was concerned, I was just going to let him do it and hope for the best."

"Then do you trust me?" Twilight asked him.

He paused and looked at his sister. "Of course I trust you, Twilight. I trust you more than anypony now."

"Then I will try to enter your mind."

There was a pause for about 5 minutes. "You sure about that Twilight? I mean, Blue did say that my mind wasn't the safest place for you to go."

"I know, but he needs our help. That's more important than worrying about him to be safe."

"So you aren't going to rethink that?"

"Nope."

"Then I'll let you do just that," he said smiling.

"Okay. Place your horn on Blue's," she commanded.

"Why?"

"Because we want to return his mind to his own body, don't we?"

"True." He placed his horn on Blue's. "Now what?"

"Now, I attempt the spell. Stay still."

Her horn lit up and she lowered it to the already two connected horns. Upon contact, she felt a huge burst of energy flow through her. She nearly stepped back, but held herself in her solitary position. Her magenta colored horn ignited even more, and she pictured her mind going into another's.

Then everything wen't black.

Graymayne's Mind No Time Here

Twilight's vision cleared and she found herself in a dark wasteland. She stood on her four hooves and looked around.

She found Graymayne on the ground not 20 feet from her current position. She ran over and shook him awake.

"Graymayne, get up!" she said.

"Mmm, five more minutes..."

"No, NOW!" she screamed into his ear.

"Ow!" he said, now up and rubbing his ear. "What was that for?"

"Umm, we need to find Blue?" she asked in a tone that said 'this is obvious'.

"Who's Bl- Oh right!" he said, remembering. "Sorry."

"Never mind that. Where are we?" She took another look around her surroundings. Graymayne did the same.

"I don't know," he said. "But if I were to have one guess, I'd say it's my mind."

Twilight looked at him. "Any why do you say that?"

"That door right over there," he said, pointing a hoof behind her.

She turned and saw a door. It was blood red and had the words 'STAY OUT' on it. "What makes you think that this door is in your mind?"

"Who else do you know would want someone outside of their mind?"

"Point taken."

Graymayne walked up to the door. He reached for the handle, but found that it was already opened. He turned back to Twilight, who gulped. He opened the door and stepped through. Twilight hesitantly followed him.

On the other side of the door... were more doors.

"Well, this is a bit weird," she said.

"Hey!" Graymayne shouted. "My mind!"

"Sorry."

There were loads of doors in this never ending hallway. Twilight noticed that one of them was certainly different. It was boarded up and chained closed. Just outside of one of the boards were the two letters 'M' and 'T' on it.

She turned to Graymayne. "What's behind this door?" she asked.

Graymayne, who was currently staring at another door not far away, turned to her. He frowned at the door. "If my theory from yesterday is correct, then Blue's behind the door."

"Then we should head in, right?"

"I... don't know," he said. "I fear that there is one other thing behind the door."

"What?"

He just looked at her and shook his head. "I think you already know." Twilight gasped. Graymayne kept his face of disapproval on before talking to Twilight again. "Before I open the door, can you promise me something Twilight?"

"Yes..."

"Don't let me succumb to the monster inside of me."

She was struck with slight relief and then smiled. "I promise. As long as you are my brother, I will never let him control you."

He smiled back. Then he went up to the door and began to tear away the boards and chains.

PreviousChapters Next