• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,975 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,975

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29 - A Terrible Situation

Chapter 29 - A Terrible Situation

Grazil Hospital July 31st 1001

"Ready to leave?" Graymayne asked. "I thought I would have to stay in the hospital for at least another week!"

"So did we," the doctor said. "However, your internal systems seem to be recovering at a much faster pace than we've ever seen. So, after a quick discussion, we decided you didn't have to stay any longer."

"What about Blue?" Twilight asked. "Can he come back to the library with us?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Sparkle, but since he is still not fit for any kind of travel, and he is in a coma, we have to keep him here."

"Will we still be allowed to visit him?"

"Of course. However, that will have to wait until tomorrow. Visiting hours are over."

"Oh, okay. Lets go, Graymayne."

"Right behind you, Twilight," he replied.

Twilight turned to Blue, who still looked in as much pain as before. "Don't worry. We will come visit you, and we will find out who did this."

With that, she and Graymayne walked back to the library. Once they were there, they debated on what they should do.

"What can we do?" Graymayne asked. "We have no clue on where to look for Discord, only Blue does. We don't have the watch, which only Blue knows how to use, and we don't have a way to find out anything for certain. Lets face it, without Blue, we're lost."

"But there are things that we can do without him," Twilight said.

"Like what?"

"We can research. Look at all of these books. Some of them have history about Equestria that I've never heard of before reading about it. Blue said a name." She scratched her chin. "What was it again?"

"Va-Korum," Graymayne replied.

"Yeah, that's it. Va-Korum. I'm certain that if we looked through some of these books, we will find something about that name."

"Not the best idea I've heard, but its worth a shot."

"Then come on! We have some reading to do!"

Graymayne's Mind *No Time Here*

Blue awoke in the bubble he saw before he passed out. His head throbbed in pain. He stood to the best of his ability in the rounded bubble.

"Oh, are you waking up?" a voice asked. "Pity. I expected you to be asleep for longer. Oh, well. Now I can have some fun with you!"

"Who's there? Show yourself!"

"You don't remember me? Aww. That makes me feel forgotten." Several sounds of fake crying came from the darkness. "After all we've been through, you still treat me horribly. Boo hoo."

Blue's eyes widened in shock as he remembered what was going on. "Let me out!"

"So that you can get rid of me? I don't think so. Besides, its much more fun to keep you trapped where nopony can find you."

"What do you want with me?!"

"Oh, I'm afraid I already have why I want from you. I have you in a situation I know you can't escape. No matter how hard you try, it will be impossible for you to get out." Blue chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, its just that you feel in so much power right now. You have no power at all! Graymayne and I defeated you before, and we can do it again!"

The voice was silent for a minute. "Even now, you are a complete mystery. You speak as if I could lose to you pathetic mortals. Even more, you speak as if I did. Tell me. How could I have been defeated by you?"

"Spoilers."

The voice growled. "I've always hated that saying. First Star Swirl the Bearded, and now you."

"Well, get used to it. You aren't about to forget it anytime soon. But I still wish to know. Why are you keeping me here!"

"If what you say is true about you and Graymayne defeating me, the keeping you here should prevent that, now wouldn't it?"

At that, Blue laughed and fell over inside his bubble. "Now what is it?"

"Oh," Blue tried, but could barely speak because of laughing. "Y- You think that keeping me here will prevent your downfall? Aha ha! Sorry, but that is just priceless!"

"How is it so?"

"First of all, you didn't know about me and Graymayne defeating you until I told you, which means that you have me here for another reason. Second, I said we already defeated you, which means that its already happened. Third..."

A minute passed. "What? What is the third?" Blue didn't respond. "TELL ME!"

"I only helped in defeating you. There was a third pony who helped us all out!"

"And who was that?"

"Gee, I'd tell you, but my mind isn't exactly one with my body."

"Smart-alek."

"Mr. Grumpy-Grump."

This bickering went on for quite a while, so lets skip to the point where one of them changes the subject, shall we?

"Why have you really kept me here?" Blue asked.

"Oh, are you done with insults?" the voice asked.

"Actually yes, and I've already concluded that you don't have me here just because I help defeat you. I want to know why I'm being kept here."

"What reason do I have to tell you?"

"None."

"Then lets keep it that way!" it snapped. Blue could hear hoofsteps getting further and further away from his containment.

Well, while I'm here I should start hoping, he thought. "Hurry up and help me, Twilight, Graymayne."

PreviousChapters Next