• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,993 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,993

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12 - One's True Nature

Chapter 12 - One's True Nature

Discord's Lair July 27th 1001

Oh, what a great spell, Discord thought to himself. Now, I will be able to see if Twilight appears in front of those two again! Such a brilliant spell.

He was too busy gloating to himself to notice a small flash of purple light in in the corner of the room. He did notice, however, from this flash there was a purple unicorn beginning to cast a spell on the box that held Chrysalis vision.

"Hey!" he called to the mare. "Stop that!" He turned to look at the mare, only to see that it was none other than Twilight Sparkle herself. "Well," he said. "It looks like I wont need to look for you after all."

"Don't count your chickens just yet, Discord!" she yelled back as she finished her spell. The box fizzed out and had nothing but a black screen.

"Oh, that's the second thing of mine you've ruined this week! You're going to pay for that Twilight Sparkle!"

"Second?" she asked. "I've only ruined one of your things. What else do y-"

She never finished. Her horn had glowed in a bright purple and white light which engulfed her, leaving nothing but a small black scar on the floor.

Dang it! he thought to himself. She was in my grasp and I let her get away! Wait, what did she mean by: 'only ruined one of your things'?

Lost on thought, Discord roamed his lair, not sure about what he was doing or for what reason.

Grazil Library July 27th 1001

Twilight had nothing to do at the time. Most of the books in her new library were old and used. They all had some kind of damage on their spine, pages, cover. Yeah, they were not in top position.

New books were supposed to arrive later that week. Until then, Twilight was stuck with these old and dusty books.

Then, out of nowhere, she felt a small nudge in her magic. She didn't think about it at the time, but not 2 minutes later, she felt another twitch in her magic.

Thinking about what could have been, she quickly came to a conclusion.

The letter.

She had cast a spell on the envelope to notify her of its opening. The feeling was dull, which probably meant that it took a while to tell her. The second notification meant that it had been opened a second time.

She now knew that Rainbow Dash had opened it. Now, she had to find a way to talk to her.

The solution came sooner than expected. The mail. They had deliveries from post offices in town to deliver local mail, but long distance mail had to be magically delivered. She could mail a letter to her friend via magical airline!

She made her way over the local post office with a small letter she wrote in no more than 2 minutes and 43 seconds. The letter was special. No matter when or how she magically sent this letter, it would always go to who would be able to receive it.

And that pony- or, dragon for that matter- was Spike.

Cutie Mark Crusader's Clubhouse July 27th 1001

Spike liked to hang out with some other ponies his age. It made him feel like an actual kid instead of being a complete worker in the library.

"Come on, Spike!" Scootaloo called to him. "We are about to get our Cutie Marks in mechanical engineering!"

"Yeah, just a second," he called back. His stomach felt weird. It hadn't felt like this since Twilight had received two letters about the wedding in Canterlot about two weeks ago.

Suddenly, he burped a spewing flare of magical green flames. The flames came together and formed a letter on the ground in front of him. He opened the letter and read,

Spike, find Rainbow Dash and give her this letter. It's important.

He didn't read anything else except who had sent it. After he did, he heard the three fillies coming toward him.

"Spike, are you coming?" Sweetie Belle asked him.

"Sorry," he apologized, "but I have to find Rainbow Dash!"

"Let us help you," Scootaloo replied. "I can find Rainbow Dash almost anywhere she goes."

"Really?" Spike asked. They all nodded in response. "All right then, lets find Rainbow Dash!"

Ponyville July 27th 1001

Rainbow walked through town with Chrysalis at her side. She kept her disguise up, making her look like s complete stranger to the citizens of Ponyville.

She had told Rainbow Dash, that Pinkie Pie was the first one to convince her to help Twilight. She found her entering Ponyville in search of love. She also explained that changelings didn't steal love, they simply use the energy it produces to feed them.

They continued to walk around Ponyville, until Scootaloo, Spike and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders came up to Rainbow.

"Hey Scoots," she said. "What brings you here?"

"Spike has a letter for you," she replied as Spike got off the cart and handed a letter to her.

It read, Spike, find Rainbow Dash and give her this letter. It's important.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

Its nice to know you finally found my letter. If you have found any clue to the unsolved mysteries that surround us today, write a letter, and tell Spike to send it to me. It would be the only way we would be able to communicate.

Sincerely, Twilight Sparkle.

Town of Grazil July 27th 1001

Twilight just sent the letter. Now, all she had to do was wait for a letter to arrive at her doorstep the next day.

She was walking home, well to her new home anyway, before she was stopped by someone off the street.

"Twilight? What are you doing here?" he asked.

She turned to see a stallion with a grey coat, with an orange and green mane. It was spiky, which probably said that he liked adventurous stuff.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?" Twilight asked the stranger.

"Oh, umm. No. No you don't," he said. "But I know you. You are the Element of Magic and you were banished here by someone who forced you to do things you didn't do. Your true nature, describes you as a pony who wants to help others, not destroy them."

Twilight stared at the stallion in bewilderment. "H- How do you know all that? I've never met you in all my life!"

"Maybe not here, but you have met me."

"Where have I met you? I'm pretty sure i'd remember someone like you."

"In a way, you have met me, but in another way, you haven't. You'll understand me one day, but not today."

"Well, what's your name?"

"My real name is not all that important, but please," he said. "Call me Blue."

PreviousChapters Next