• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - Journey to the Past

Chapter 15 - Journey to the Past

Grazil Library July 28th 1001

"Remember Twilight, focus the energy of your magic to your mind."

Blue was surprisingly a great teacher. He knew what seemed like everything about magic. Then again, she had apparently taught him all of that.

"I'm trying!" she replied. Although he was a great teacher, this was still an extremely hard spell to cast. "You made this look easy yesterday!"

"Well, yes. That's only because I had a great teacher to teach me this," he complimented.

"Thanks."

"Less talking, more mind accessing magic!"

"One last question?"

"Yes?"

"If this is supposed to allow me and me alone to travel into my own mind and see things that I've done before or can't remember," she began, "how did you bring me into your mind?"

"That was simple. I'll tell you after you master this spell," he said.

"Deal."

The two of them worked. Twilight was here because she was banished and Blue didn't want to leave until he got his watch fixed by this 'Clockwork' pony. Though, Twilight couldn't help but think that he was staying for another reason.

The light around Twilight's horn grew when she allowed more of her magic to flow freely. Blue's magic wasn't this big when he cast the spell, but as you cast the same magic spells multiple times, it gets easier and you don't use as much magic.

Suddenly, a boom erupted the skies, making Twilight cringe. Her eyes suddenly glowed white, and the light around Twilight's horn blasted out a quick wave of magic, engulfing the two ponies in its light.

Ponyville Skies July 28th 1001

Rainbow was tired of searching for a reference to where the Elements of Harmony might be hidden in the library. She needed to get out in the open air and practice her Sonic Rainboom.

Ever since she did it at the young fliers competition, she has been able to do it whenever she wanted it to be done. She tried to do it once a week, since that was a pretty basic and regular time to do it. Ever since Twilight disappeared that one day, she hasn't done it since.

She changed her mind today. Today, she did the Sonic Rainboom once again.

The boom came quickly. It made that one rainbow appear behind her as she flew, and a gigantic boom erupt around Equestria.

She flew around for a bit, gradually reducing her speed so she could land on a soft cloud. When she did, a sudden bright light engulfed her.

"What's going on?" she asked. Those were the last words she spoke before the light let out a burst and engulfed her.

Ponyville July 28th 1001

Chrysalis in the form of a mare supposedly named Crystal, wandered around Ponyville. Ever since Discord cast that spell on her, she had stayed away from most ponies. She didn't want to be caught in a situation where she would almost willingly give an enemy information.

At that moment, a huge boom raced across the sky. Chrysalis looked up to see the wave of a rainbow pass over Ponyville.

I know what that is, she thought to herself. That's Rainbow Dash and her Sonic Rainboom! I haven't seen that since the wedding!

Almost immediately afterwards, a white light formed around her. It engulfed her and left nothing but a small black scar on the ground.

Memories of Twilight Sparkle *Time Doesn't Matter Here*

Twilight awoke in the hallway of doors she traveled to when she was with Blue the other day. Looking at the doors, she noticed that none of them were labeled. She quickly came to the conclusion that she was not in Blue's mind, but her own.

"Blue! she called out. "Blue I did it!" She turned, expecting to see the stallion standing there and congratulating her, but saw nothing but doors. That's right, she thought to herself. The spell only takes me into my own mind. Nopony else, unless I use a spell that takes others to my mind.

Sitting down in the middle of the hallway, she looked at the doors. She thought about what Blue had told her yesterday.

Gold doors are special, he had said. They are either good or bad. They cannot be found unless you search for something that deliberately wants to be found.

But that doesn't make sense, she thought. How can something of mine want to be found? Wait. Maybe, if I want to find it, I will eventually find it! Brilliant, Twilight! Simply brilliant!

After gathering her thoughts, Twilight thought about her missing memories. The memories of her attacking the princesses, losing the Elements of Harmony, and most importantly, what happened on those days.

She felt a small click in her head, telling her to head down the hallway in search of the door. Reluctantly, she listened to the voice, and made her way into the hallway.

Memories of Blue *Time Doesn't Matter Here*

Blue was surprised where he ended up. The light that had engulfed him sent him back into his own memories.

Twilight is definitely one of a kind, he thought. She sent another into their memories without meaning to. You are truly marvelous, Twilight.

But now that he was here, what was he supposed to do? When he went into his own memories, he always had a reason. The first time he was here, that was practice when Twilight taught him how to do it. The second time, he decided to organize his memories. They were already separated between good and bad, so it made that time easier for him. The other times, he went in here to search for something from his past to help him in the present.

Other than that, he had never been sent here without warning.

The next thing he knew, he felt drawn to a certain memory of his past. That's strange. I don't want to be here, but something in my mind wants me to look for it.

He sprinted down the hall, searching for the memory that wanted to be found.

Memories of Rainbow Dash *Time Doesn't Matter Here*

"Where am I? What am I doing here?"

Rainbow Dash was certainly confused. She woke up in a strange area for no reason, and now there seems to be no way she can get back. Flying was impossible. Strangely, her wings wouldn't unfold from her back. This upset her even more, because flying was her life.

Not being able to fly, Rainbow sat down on the floor behind her. All she could see, no matter where she went, were doors. Doors, doors, doors. Nothing but doors. There were nothing but red and blue doors no matter where she went. It infuriated her! How was she supposed to do anything if the one thing she loves doing can't be done?

A small whisper of a voice called to her. It was quieter than Fluttershy's smallest whisper, but she could tell what it said.

It was telling her to go in search of something. In search of what? Rainbow asked herself. No reply came. Without another moment's thought, she ran down through the hallway of doors.

Memories of Chrysalis *Time Doesn't Matter Here*

"Hello?" Chrysalis called. "Is anypony there? Please answer me."

This place was nothing like Chrysalis had ever seen. Nothing but doors. Amazing, but lonely. There was nothing else here. Nothing. Zip. Nota. That is basically what it was. A hallway of doors. Nothing else.

A voice called to her. Not a loud voice, but a voice nonetheless. It seemed to whisper:

"Come here, Chrysalis... Come here.

She didn't think about listening to it at first. But then again, she didn't have anything better to do as long as she was here.

She followed the area where the voice seemed to come from.

All Four Ponies Views At Once *Time Doesn't Matter Here*

All four of the ponies eventually found themselves in front of a single golden door.

"All right," Twilight said. "Here it is."

"What's this door for?" wondered a curious Rainbow Dash. "It's different from the other doors."

"Finally found it," Blue said. "What's behind it?"

"Strange," Chrysalis said. "It's the only gold door I've ever seen here."

All of them, at that moment, opened the golden doors at the same time. However, instead of seeing what lied in their past memories, a white light emitted from their doors.

"What is this?" they all asked. "What is going on?"

The light once again engulfed them. Once it had disappeared, the doors closed.

???

The four of them wound up in an entirely new place. They all noticed each other. Strangely enough, none of them seemed to notice Blue.

"What are you doing here?" Twilight asked them.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Rainbow replied.

"I'm just as confused as you two are," Chrysalis said.

Blue remained silent, and slipped away before anypony could actually notice him.

"I think what is important is where we are," Rainbow concluded.

Twilight was the first to get a look at he her new surroundings. She was back in Ponyville. The air was clean, fresh, and much more tolerable than Grazil's air. "We're back in Ponyville," Twilight stated. "How are we back in Ponyville? I was outside of Equestria not to long ago."

"And by the way Twilight, I don't know what's cooking. I'll have to ask Mr. or Mrs. Cake about that."

Twilight instantly recognized the voice. That was Pinkie Pie after she was done talking to her on the 15th.

"Pinkie Pie?" Rainbow said suddenly. "Where have you been?"

"Dash, stop," Twilight commanded. "She isn't really here. We are in the past."

"The past?!" Chrysalis exclaimed. "How is that possible? We can't all be in the past!"

"Actually," Twilight reassured her, "These are my memories."

PreviousChapters Next