• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20 - When The Day Comes

Chapter 20 - When The Day Comes

No Specific Location July 29th 1001

Rainbow Dash, Chrysalis, and Spike all sat in a lovely field for to rest.

"Its strange," Rainbow said.

"What's strange, Dash?" asked Spike.

"The fact that Chrysalis here actually wants to help us. She was the one who invaded Canterlot a few weeks ago, but now she is traveling with us to help the pony that foiled her plan that same day."

"You do know I'm right here and I can hear every word your saying?" Chrysalis informed them.

"Sorry," Rainbow said. "I just thought it was strange."

"I don't disagree with you. It feels strange to me too. All other ponies have done when they see one of my kind is scream: 'Changeling!' and run off. Being around you seems off."

"Don't worry about it," Spike said to her. "We all have some days where we do stuff that makes us feel strange. Being the only dragon in all of Canterlot helped me realize that."

"Really Spike?" Rainbow asked. "That happened to you?"

"You bet it did. I eventually got used to all of the staring and completely ignored it. That's also how I got used to being the only dragon in Ponyville too."

"I never realized that..."

"Well," Chrysalis started, "I think we have had a long enough rest. Lets say we start heading out."

"Right," Rainbow and Spike agreed at the same time.

They started walking down the path. All of the sudden, a dark shadow appeared in front of them, making them all jump back.

"Beware..." it said in a raspy voice. "Beware of the day when all that you know and love will disappear. He is coming. He is coming for all of you!"

"What is this?!" Rainbow asked, frightened of the being.

"I don't know!" Chrysalis replied, also completely frightened from the beast's presence.

"What do you mean by 'he is coming?'" Spike asked the shadowy creature.

"Beware! When the day comes, you will all tremble in fear! Beware of the lost king!"

The shadow vanished, leaving a dragon, a pegasus, and a changeling queen hanging on to each other in fear.

Discord's Lair July 29th 1001

A singe of dark power made the back of Discord's head twitch. It was entirely strange because the only dark power the world has known had been lost for 1000 years. There were many other things that began to turn in his head.

What could that have been? he thought. That was dark magic, no doubt. That kind of magic hasn't been seen since before Celestia and Luna turned me into stone. I wonder...

His thoughts were interrupted when the air around him began to waver. He turned to see it all focusing on a single spot. What in the world is going on?!

The air ripped open, revealing another dimension entirely. A pony's hoof stepped out of the rip. It was a dark blue unicorn stallion that had a grey and black mane. His cutie mark was what appeared to be a fish with a cloud on the inside of it. Once he finished stepping through, the vortex closed behind him. He took a look at his surroundings.

"Not the best place I've landed in," he said. He turned to see Discord staring at him. He quickly fell to his knees in a bowing position. "I did not realize that you would be watching this mission, my master."

Discord could only stare at him before saying: "Who are you, and what are you doing in my lair?"

The unicorn could only stand and look at the draconequus in confusion. "Don't you recognize me Discord? Its me, Graymayne."

Grazil Library July 29th 1001

Blue felt a small tug come from his watch. He look down at it, expecting it to tell him what it meant. Sadly, there was nothing. He continued to think about it for another minute before going back to reshelf the books.

Twilight was upstairs recovering her magic properties after her outburst yesterday. She was reading a book about Star Swirl the Bearded's lost and forgotten spells. It supposedly contained all the spells that scholars never found out about or forgot on accident. Blue had already read it. All the spells that were there could be found in the Canterlot Archives.

Another tug from the watch interrupted his concentration, making a flying book fall to the ground. The watch had suddenly twisted and pulled on his leg. He couldn't bear the pain anymore, so he threw the watch onto the floor in front of him.

Once he did, the dials started to glow a bright blue color. He picked up the watch, but didn't put it on. He studied the flashing lights, trying to determine what they meant.

What could they mean? he thought to himself. Realization hit him. That's it! I know what this means!

His thoughts were then interrupted by a new noise filling the air.

Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr. Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr. Wiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr. Klunk.

He turned to see a big blue box now occupying the space behind him. Twilight heard the noise and came down the stairs. "Blue, what was that noi-" She stopped when she saw the blue box. "What's that thing?" she asked.

The doors on the side quickly opened to reveal a brown earth pony stallion standing in the doorway. "That 'thing,' as you call it, is none other than the last TARDIS in existence," he stated, stepping outside of the box. "That stands for: Time And Reletive Dimension In Space. Its my time machine."

"So, you're The Doctor?" Twilight asked him.

"That's correct," he answered, turning toward Twilight. "Ah, Twilight. Happy to see you again."

"I'm sorry, but have we met?"

"Not in this reality, but yes."

"Alright, since everypony knows each other now," Blue started before getting a small chuckle from The Doctor. "Doctor."

"Yes?" The Doctor asked, still trying to hold back his laughter.

"I need you to fix my watch. As quickly as possible, if you don't mind."

"Why so soon?"

"It just reacted to a flux in space."

The Doctor suddenly had a face without expression. One that could only be rivaled by The Royal Guard. "I'm on it," he said, snatching the watch off the floor to examine it. He pointed a small metal rod that glowed blue on its tip. "Hmm. It certainly did react to a flux in space. How long before I came here did it react?"

"Not to long, actually. In fact, it reacted twice. The first time, nothing happened. The second time, all of the dials flashed and then you came."

"I'm sorry, but what are you two talking about?" Twilight asked.

"Stuff about time and space," Blue replied.

"Wibboly Wobboly, Timey Wimey," The Doctor said at exactly the same time.

"Okay then," Twilight said, backing off from the two who were clearly at work. "If anypony needs me, I'll be upstairs reading a book."

She went up the stairs. Once Blue was certain that she was out of earshot, he whispered to the stallion beside him. "I think I know what caused the flux."

"Really?" The Doctor whispered back. "What?"

"Another old friend of ours."

"You don't mean...?"

"I'm almost certain of it," Blue confirmed. "That is another reason why I need it to be fixed by tomorrow morning at the latest."

"Do you really think he'll be coming for you like he said?"

"Yes," Blue stated. "There is no doubt that if he sees you, he will hunt you down as well."

"But what if I can't get the watch fixed in time? You know that I have to have time for this amount of damage."

"Yes, I know. However, if you can't get it done by the time he gets here, continue working while I stall him. He doesn't know you're here because he's after me."

"Stay out of sight, continue fixing the watch. Got it. What about if I finish it while your still fighting?"

"Toss it to me when I have the chance to grab it. Once that happens, you get in the TARDIS and fly out of here. You'll be safe then."

"But what about you?" The Doctor asked, concerned.

"Don't worry about me," Blue said. "I already know how its going to turn out for me."

Discord's Lair July 29th 1001

"So your telling me," Discord started, "that I sent you to this specific time to find and kill a stallion that is supposedly in this time?"

"That's correct," Graymayne replied.

"No, its not correct. I never told you to do such a thing."

"Well if you didn't, who did?"

"I have to guess that you're from an entirely different reality. Another version of me told you to do this. I would never tell anypony to kill another."

"Then you won't help me with my quest?"

"I never said that," Discord responded with a smile. He snapped his fingers to teleport the two of them to the edge of Equestria. "This is the edge of Equestria. If what you say about this stallion is true, then he should be helping Twilight Sparkle get back to her home in Ponyville."

"Why didn't you just teleport me to where he is?" Graymayne asked.

"The border has a magical barrier around it. Anything not wanted in Equestria is prevented from entering. However, anything is allowed to leave."

"Why don't you just destroy the barrier? Surely you have the power."

"Actually, I don't. This barrier was created by Celestia, Princess of the Sun. Only she truly knew how to get rid of the barrier."

"Knew?"

"Correct. I'm pretty sure she has forgotten how to turn it off. The point is, I can't get back through once I leave Equestria. Once you're through there, I cannot help you return."

"No worries about that," Graymayne reassured him. "Once my task is finished, my Discord will get me out of there."

"If you're so sure, then be on your way," Discord said before disappearing into thin air.

Graymayne turned toward the border between Equestria, and the land beyond.

"You better watch yourself," he said to nopony in particular as he stepped over the border. "Watch yourself because I'm coming for you Blue!"

Author's Note:

Nobody call copyright infringement on me. Please. I was given permission to use Graymayne in my story. Ask Graymayne yourself. He'll tell you that he gave me permission.

Also, If you wish to know more about Graymayne, check out the story: A Shrouded Stallion. It can tell you more than I could here.

Anyway, I hope you all are still enjoying this story. Just for a heads up, I might be posting a sequel of this story in the future. I was wondering what you people thought, and if I should write a sequel once this is finished. So tell me what you think. Do you wish to read a sequel of this in the future?

PreviousChapters Next