• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 8,992 Views, 207 Comments

The Fall of Twilight - Ephraim Blue



Twilight is banished from Equestria for commiting the three of the most horrible crimes: Robbery, Betrayal, and Attempted Murder

  • ...
55
 207
 8,992

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - Unsolved Mysteries

Chapter 11 - Unsolved Mysteries

Grazil Library July 27th 1001

This library has everything! Twilight thought to herself. Books, basement, kitchen, and even a bedroom! If only my friends could see this place.

Realizing what she just said, she sat down on the floor of the library. If only I could see them one last time...

She sat there and sobbed for about the next 20 minutes before getting up and walking around her new home. Well, at least this is a place I'm comfortable with, she thought. It really is a nice place. Maybe there are some books that I have never read here!"

Twilight jumped for joy when she thought that and ran off to the nearest bookshelf.

Ponyville July 27th 1001

"I'll ask you one last time, Crystal," Rainbow Dash said angrily at the mare. "What did you do to Twilight Sparkle?"

"I- I don't know what your talking about," she replied. "I've never met a 'Twilight Sparkle'."

"Don't lie to me, Crystal. You gave her a potion that day she disappeared. She wrote a letter saying that!"

"I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash, but I have no idea what you're talk- wait, did you just say she wrote a letter to you?"

"Yes. And another thing. I never told you my name, nor have I met you before! So tell me, how do you know my name?"

Crystal sighed and said: "I'll tell you later, but for now, can I see the letter?"

"Sure, but I don't see why you want it."

Rainbow handed her the letter, which she read over thoroughly and thoughtfully. She then replied: "All right. She told me to trust you and her other friends, so I guess that I can trust you."

"Trust me with what? Who told you that you could trust me?"

"Twilight Sparkle did."

Rainbow's ears shot strait up in the air. "What can I be trusted with?"

Crystal laughed as she went up in green flames, revealing none other than the changeling queen herself.

"Chrysalis!" Rainbow screamed. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help get Twilight back," she replied in that raspy changeling voice. "Discord betrayed me and left me to rot in the Everfree Forest once I gave the potion to Twilight."

"Discord's free?" Rainbow asked. "How did he get out?"

"He promised me revenge if I let him out. I got revenge, but I was to stupid to realize what I had done. I only gave Twilight the potion. He used his mind powers to take control of her once the potion took effect."

"What about the Elements of Harmony? What happened to them?"

"Discord commanded Twilight to hide them in a place where nopony would ever find them. He also made Twilight forget about the entire thing once the potion wore off."

"Okay, I'm making sense of those things, but how did Twilight tell you that you could trust us? She wrote the letter after the trial and wanted me to question you about these things. She never told me that she talked to you once again."

"That's because I only talked to her recently. She appeared, asked me about how I got through the magical barrier around Equestria, told me she could trust you, and then vanished. Poof. No trace of her being there."

"There's a magical barrier around Equestria? What does it do?"

"It allows ponies to come and go between Equestria and the land outside of Equestria freely, but any unwanted guests, like me and Discord, are prevented from coming through the barrier once again. Same thing works for banishment."

"Does that mean..."

"Yes, Rainbow Dash. Twilight Sparkle can never return to Equestria again."

??? July 27th 1001

This was getting tiring. Discord had searched the land far and wide and never found a single trace of the Elements of Harmony.

Twilight sure is good at hiding stuff, he thought to himself. I wonder what she is doing right now. Its not like I can go and ask. I'd never be able to return.

His ears suddenly perked up. "That's strange," he said. "There was the sudden appearance of high magic levels not to long ago, but they suddenly disappeared. There's only one mare I know who has that high magic level."

"Twilight Sparkle."

Ponyville July 27th 1001

Rainbow Dash was having trouble understanding what Chrysalis was saying. All of it seemed like one big mystery wrapped in an enigma. (Not an Igneous.)

"How did you get back from the other side of the barrier?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Twilight asked you the question, but you didn't give her a clear answer."

"I told her that I didn't remember." Chrysalis replied. "I broke through it a week ago. You can't expect me to remember everything that happens in that time."

"A likely story, Chrysalis."

Rainbow and Chrysalis both jumped at the new voice that came from beyond them. Turning slowly, they both saw Discord standing behind them.

"Discord!" they shouted in unison.

"Yes I am. The one and only draconequus in the world. Pleased to be acquainted to you. Now, where is Twilight Sparkle?"

"Why do you need to know?" Rainbow asked him.

"Oh, nothing really. Just that she broke something of mine and I want it fixed."

"What did she break?"

"That is none of your business, pegasus," he snapped back at her, making her fall to the ground. "Tell me where she is, or I will ground you forever!"

"We don't know where she is," Chrysalis answered him. "She was here for a minute and then disappeared."

"Hmm. All right then. That wasn't so hard was it?" he said as he sank back into the shadows. "If she ever appears again, tell me, alright?"

"No!" Rainbow shouted. "We won't tell you anything!"

"Well, if your that persistent," he said before snapping his fingers. Chrysalis fell to the ground as she felt a new kind of magic affecting her.

"What did you do to me?" she asked.

"Me? I'm not doing anything at the moment. Unless your talking about that special spell I cast on you that allows me to see whatever your seeing. Other than that," he began as he pulled up a box with a screen on it showing Chrysalis's view of Discord, "I'm not doing anything. Till we meet again!"

With his spell successfully cast, he vanished into thin air.

PreviousChapters Next