• Published 4th Nov 2013
  • 4,979 Views, 721 Comments

Three Steps Back - SusieBeeca



Applejack made a mistake a few months ago and has been carrying it around with her ever since. Literally.

Comments ( 44 )

So does this mean Trixie will get a kid next?

Please tell me you will write that! I need my dose of Trixie and Flim. :derpytongue2:

I enjoyed this so much! Thanks for the heart felt joys and tears you caused me.

"It's AMAZING what you can hear on these baby monitors."

Oh... sweet mama flapjacks!!! RUN. FLAM!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S OVER!!!!:raritycry: I really loved this story so much, It was great and I really hope this will have a sequel soon!:pinkiehappy: I had a lot of tears and joy from reading this making this one of my favorite stories that I have read by far on this site and I swear it even surpasses some of the greatest books that I read too and that means a lot.:pinkiehappy:

Don't know if you're planning a sequel with a great and powerful pregnancy, but this was a great end. I loved Discord's punishment, adorable.

Thanks again for writing such an enjoyable piece of work!

...oh crap. RUN FLAM RUN!!!! That comic was funny. Can't wait for the sequel. If there is one?

Been nice knowing ya flam.

I think Trixie is next in line^^
Would love a story about her and Flam.

Hez, meet yer cousin in 11 months! :pinkiehappy:

I look forward to what comes next. A sight I'm looking forward to is mama Trixie, that is to say I look forward to Trixie as an actual mother. Although it would interesting if Trixie had foal that was a pegasus or earth pony, mostly on account of how her character is established (also you never did give what Trixie's official stance on pegasi is, a project for another time I guess). It would also interesting to see Flim and Applejack end up with more than one foal, all the fan art I'm seen regarding Flimjack has them only having one, maybe their own set of twins or triplets (can you imagine the response from everypony when Applejack spreads the word she's got more than one foal developing inside her?).

I enjoyed this story and am grateful to you for finishing it. It has been a real treat. Thank you. :ajsmug:

Ah, completion. Take a bow Sue, you've definitely earned it. I had expected some more direct addressing of some aspects, but this works. Still not sure how Trixie got her dates fudged ... :trixieshiftright: but ... ah well.

Looking forward to the Breaking the Sound Barrier , sequel. I think that's next? :applejackunsure:

The thing about emotional roller-coasters like this ... they become addictive. :raritywink:

Can't wait for the sequel about Trixie's pregnancy.

6661051 Ohh, I missed that part about teaching college. Yeah, I could see a teenage Mac saying something terrible and being unable to take it back. At least it looks like they've gotten over that now.

I loved this chapter it had me cracking up :rainbowlaugh::rainbowwild:,And it was a awesome read it's a bit sad this part is endding but I can't wait to see whats next for them .:fluttercry::raritydespair::raritycry::raritystarry:The comics where awesometo, Whale Flam good luck you are going to need it :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:with the great and pregnant Trixie ,and Discord pic was adorable.PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::pinkiesad2:I really want to read the story of Flam and Trixie have a baby oh and if you do can you please put in when they finlly find out what really going on with Trixie that is goint to be awesome and funny?.and can Big Mac and cheerilee have a baby at the same time oh one or both can be have twins?.This really was a awesome beyond awesome read.

Oh God, the comic.

Reading along Flam's soliloquy had me going "Nooooooooo..!" at the screen, all in slo-mo and everything.

This is all so heartwarming. I would've gotten diabetes if I didn't already have it. You're incredible at making normally asshole-ish characters both relatable, even likeable, without sacrificing what made them assholes in the first place. That's a rare gift.

I almost wonder how you would write somepony like Blueblood.

6660620

Trixie and... Flim? :rainbowlaugh:

I enjoyed this so much! Thanks for the heart felt joys and tears you caused me.

Aw, thank you!

6660666
^look at the numbers. COMMENT OF THE BEAST!

I had a lot of tears and joy from reading this making this one of my favorite stories that I have read by far on this site and I swear it even surpasses some of the greatest books that I read too and that means a lot.

media.giphy.com/media/3cr59KQEvu43S/giphy.gif

Wow! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me :heart:


6660775

I have a prequel in the works, and I would like to write a shorter sequel to this. ^_^


6660960

also you never did give what Trixie's official stance on pegasi is, a project for another time I guess)

Actually, at a few points she mentioned preferring unicorn lovers, once saying to Flam that horns are more fun to play with than wings. But I haven't explored her feelings toward pegasi outside the bedroom :derpytongue2:

(can you imagine the response from everypony when Applejack spreads the word she's got more than one foal developing inside her?)

No, actually, I can't!~

6661050

Sure :twilightsmile:

6661057

No, thank you for the support and the comments!

6661278

I had expected some more direct addressing of some aspects

Really? Such as what?

Still not sure how Trixie got her dates fudged

It happens to the best of us. TRUST ME ON THIS :twilightoops:

Looking forward to the Breaking the Sound Barrier , sequel. I think that's next?

Actually, I'm a little stuck on that. I've got another fic in the works that's set in this universe, though.

6661670

if you do can you please put in when they finlly find out what really going on with Trixie that is goint to be awesome and funny?

....What...? :derpyderp2:

6661896

I almost wonder how you would write somepony like Blueblood.

My first reaction:
media.giphy.com/media/1R9ROgA9EgNXi/giphy.gif

But... who knows?

6662503

I hope so! :twilightsmile:

6663325
You never know what can grow of such an attempt. Plus, we know Rarity at least tolerated his presence during her Canterlot tour.

6663325 Thay find out that shes pregnant in a funny way like they find out throw AJand or Pinkie.And they both make that:applejackconfused::rainbowderp:face.

God
this has been a ride. the ups and downs. lefts and rights. happy and sad. sex and just kinky :P
i loved it. i seriously do. and i am a bit sad its come to an end. but that was one hell of a ride.

6663325

I had expected some more direct addressing of some aspects,

Mac/Cheerilee, mention of Ma/Pa, and I know a bunch of readers were expecting wedding bells, but you did cover that in AJ and Flim needing to 'work on [rebuilding] their relationship.

I will say, I loved Flim's abortive attempts to write to Connie. I wonder if Loophole is their grand-dam then, though it is sort of gender neutral name ... their [Flim&Flam's] sire? :pinkiegasp:

Trixie, Flam, you need to foalsit every change you get. Just saying.

As for this fic, it's a shame to see it be over, but you delivered brilliantly, Susie. I love this story dearly, and your writing never ceases to amaze me, I always eagerly await a new update. Now that it's all finally over- do you hear that in the distance? It's me! Cheering and clapping for you! Thanks for the awesomeness.

Did i not pay attention or did we just not get informed what the flams' big sister big reveal was?

6706969

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B... :rainbowlaugh:

It was never actually revealed directly, but hinted at in several chapters, and a lot of people accurately guessed it in the comments (look for ones with spoilered sections in particular). If you still can't get it, let me know and I'll dish :twilightsmile:

Sorry about the late reply, life gets in the way sometimes.
I just want to thank you for the great tale. It sure was a enjoyable reading, you really got me into your view of the MLP universe. I sure will miss the characters, even if you clearly opened the doors - hangar ones - for a sequel. If that happens, it will be more than welcome.
I got to say you had me on the previous chapter. For a moment, I thought AJ pregnancy would have a dreadfull end. Very, very nice build scene. The epilogue was a very nice touch, ending the tale with an upbeat, funny mode.

All in all, thanks again for all the months immersed on this universe, hope to read more from you soon.
Bravo!

7238189

Whelp I didn't downvote it but i didn't upvote either. Really the whole thing with Discord can be bundled with my complaint on the rest of Applejack's friends. In any scenario were someone talks shit about another for something without knowing the full context really gets on my nerves. That is where the ending kind of flounders for me.

Also, I know Applejack told Flim not to come back if he left but she was the one drove him out. She even realized her mistake after her heart to heart with Twilight. So why did she never return his letters and why was she mad when he returned. She was in such a hurry to get back to the hospital to make things right after talking to Twilight so what changed? Was it because he actually left after telling him she wanted more to do with him? Even though she told him not to come back if he left, it was still all on her.

Look, all in all, it was a good story. I just found the third act to be unnecessarily dramatic.

7238333

Why did I not get this in my notifications?

You're right; I should have elaborated a bit more on what was going on in AJ's mind (i.e., "what changed"). I guess I was worried about an interlude chapter making the story drag since it was already so long. I had intended to put more of her thoughts in the other scenes where she's interacting with her friends, and see now that that omission was a mistake. I was also toying with ideas for pre/sequels or a spinoff to better explain---still am, actually. (Basically, she was a mess of convoluted emotions, the way the note he'd left was worded offended her ("almost outright demanded"), and she felt he was intruding on her privacy---and, something not mentioned here, but she may have tried to send him a letter, too, one that either got lost on the way or received a response she didn't like. See what I mean? i'm realizing now how many things I left unmentioned.)

Anyway, thanks again. I really do appreciate the feedback. And thanks for reading this leviathan of a fanfic all the way through!

So Trixy got knocked up.....:trollestia:

8050335

Maybe I should have elaborated: even though identical twinning does seem to run in some families (and occurs more often with certain ethnicities), they haven't yet found a genetic link. It's kind of like left-handedness: you can trace it through certain families, but they DNA evidence isn't there yet.

8148476

Happy belated birthday! So, did Connie get your Zodiac attributes right?

9029230
hmmkay, and what are your thoughts on that notion presently?

9029273

Can't really see it happening in this timeline, but I think there are other fics out there where they are related. Why do you ask?

9042871
curiousity i'd guess

side bit, so here flim is panicing at the dress because he feels the shotgun wedding is start yeah?

9043277
Yup! It's just getting too much for him and making it too real.

9271580
Yeah, but consecutive generations of twins are usually attributed to genetics.

Woo! Great story! I loved it! :pinkiehappy:

10301271
It's legit one of the best romances I've read. Thank you for the good feels. :pinkiehappy:

Jeez, five years later, and I had to re-read it to realize I didn't leave a final comment?! What kind of crap fan am I? :pinkiecrazy:

It goes without saying that I utterly adored this story, for all the reasons I have stated already. I don't know if you ever come to this site anymore, but even if you now live on the far side of the net, rest assured that over in this dark, sticky little corner, you're story has made someone very happy. :ajsmug:

10344195
Oh my god, thank you so much! What a lovely comment---really made my night. :) I do still poke around here from time to time, and might get back into the fandom for a bit if I ever get around to watching from where I left off.

Login or register to comment