• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,660 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,660

PreviousChapters
Home

A cellphone rang, and it was Luke's in his left pocket of his jeans. The human pulled out his phone while still riding on the train back to Ponyville, and he saw that it was his mom that wanted to tall to him.

Promptly answering it, Luke said: "hi mom."

"Hi Luke." Said Louise on the other line. "I hear you're going back to Ponyville from your trip to Zebrica. I just thought I wanted to talk to you, and ask how your trip was overall."

Luke made a small smirk before replying: "well. It was a very fun trip. I'll have to send you some pictures on my phone when I get back home."

Louise was silent for a moment, but she said: "that's good. I would love to see some pictures of you and all the things you took a picture of."

"Good. I know you'll love them."

"So what did you do exactly?"

"Well, we went to a place that looks like Egypt a little bit, and helped the country by take out a group of evil marauders in it.

"Marauders?"

"Yeah, but I'm okay, I didn't do it alone. I had my friends and my dad help me in the fight."

"Oh. I know you're an adult now, but I don't like it when you go into some conflicts like that."

Luke made a sigh of slight irritation, and he replied: "mom, we've been over this. I am not a little kid anymore, and I am my own man."

"Yeah I know, but... you know how old you are, you'll always be my baby."

"Yeah, I know. But I can make my own decisions."

Louise sighed on the other line. "I know, but still, i can't help if I worry about you so much."

"I know. Well I'll talk to you in a bit when I get back to Ponyville."

"Okay Luke, I love you."

Looking around at his surroundings, he was embarrassed to say it in front of his friends, and Luke quietly Said to her: "I love you too, mom." Then he hung up.

"Who was that?" Asked Larry curiously

"Just mom." Luke replied. "She just wanted to check on me, dad. Nothing else."

"Are you going to send her the pictures of Zebrica when you get back home?"

"I most certainly will, dad."

"Well, I really had a fun fun fun time in Zebrica. Meeting Zecora's family and friends, meeting different creatures."

"Don't forget about all the animals we saw in Zebrica." Fluttershy reminded her. "And that lion Luke made friends with when we visited Eleena."

"What do you think you would name it, Luke?" Asked Lyra.

"Ah, he's not a pet, just a friend I made during my visit. Besides, I don't know what I would even name him."

"That's okay," Fluttershy said.

"So dad, I thank you for coming with me on this trip. It meant so much to me." Luke said to his father.

"Of course. I'm glad to have been with you in Zebrica." Larry said. "What would he better than to spend a whole week with my own son?" Then he hugged Luke's side to show some more support.

Luke made a smirk on his handsome face. "So when you get back to the Atlantis casino, what do you think you'll do?"

"The usual things as a bartender, serve drinks, give food to the customers, living or visiting in Reno."

"Well, can you please not tell your co-workers about Zebrica?"

"Why not?"

"They'll think you're crazy and they won't believe you."

"Even if I have pictures with me?" Asked Larry with his left eyebrow raised.

"Yeah."

"Ah, don't worry about what my friends will think about me."

"Okay. Still, I would rather not."

"So Twilight, don you still plan to make books or encyclopedias on Zebrican things?" Asked Applejack

"Of course. As a matter of fact, I am trying to work on my first book right now." Indeed she was, she was scribbling some notes with the magic from her Horn and a quill pen.

"Don't overwork yourself." Spike said.

"Oh come on, Spike. When have I overwork myself?"

The baby dragon looked at her telling her: "really?"

"I won't be doing that all night to write the books and illustrations." Then she continued doing her notes some more.

Looking out the window, Luke noticed that the environment outside was changing, from savanna grassland to temperate fields and more trees seen around the area.

"So Luke. I'll go back to earth when we get off the train in Ponyville." Said Larry.

"Okay, dad. No problem. And listen, it was fun spending time with you again. I hope we have more time together on your next visit."

His father smiled warmly at Luke. "I'm sure we will some time. For now, just wait for me, and I'll bring your mother next time I come back."

"Cool."

"And I certainly hope that you have had an amazing time in my home." Said Zecora. "Now you got what you wanted... a little."

"Yeah, it might not be Africa, but still, it was close enough." Luke admitted.

"And don't forget," Zecora continued. "You are always welcomed back to my homeland. So you can go there and spend some time in Zebrica once again."

Luke knew she wasn't wrong, making all those new friends while visiting her home, seeing those amazing animals and creatures along the way.

After one and a half hours inside the train, everyone was finally back in Ponyville. Where there was still cold, white snow blanketing the ground.

When everyone got out, they felt thr cold air brushing against their bodies, even if they were wearing their coats to keep them warm.

Luke and his father then looked at one another and gave one final hug. "Well I'll see you on the other side, dad."

"Love you, Luke."

"I love you too, dad." Luke replied after breaking their hug.

"Okay Discord," Larry then pulled up his cases with his arms. "You know what to do."

The Master of Chaos gave a bold look and he said: "you got it, Larry. Back to Reno you go." Larry stood next to the hovering god of chaos, and waved at Luke one last time before Dsicord snapped his finger and transported him back to Reno.

“You Okay, Luke?” Asked Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, Just fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” Asekd the human

“Well, your dad is back on earth.” Said Spike.

“Will you be okay without him?” Asked Fluttershy.

Luke nodded his head in reply. “Of course. And like he said: this is not a final goodbye, or he’s not dying or anything. I’ll see you again.”

“Heh. That is so true.” Said Bon Bon. “You know, that was a fun trip going to Zebrica with you. It gave me a little break from the snow.”

“Yeah. I am so glad to have come with ya on this trip, Luke. It was so fun and exciting.” Lyra added. “And That Sword you have as a souvenir.”

“And what did you get to take with you?” Asked the human.

Lyra pulled out a nice-looking snow globe with the city of Agbaje in it. “I got this, and this.” She then pulled out a rather unusual string instrument that looked a little bit like sitar, or it looked kind of like a harp as well. “A kora. This is a nice instrument with a nice sound to it.”

“Kora?” Asked Applejack.

“Oh yes.” Said Zecora. “A fine craft from many zebra tribes.”

“Yeah, i’ve Read about it,mane I am definitely keeping this at my house.” Lyra remarked. She began to play with it a little, and it sounded rather nice in its tone from the strings being strum here and there.

A couple of bystanders were taking notice of Lyra’s playing, and they seem to take a liking to that kind of instrument. More and more passengers and a few train employees applauded after she was done playing.

Honestly, Lyra didn’t expect to get this much attention from her playing, and she played it like she would usually play a lyre. The kora was a harp-like instrument after all, and it worked similarly like one.

“Wow. That was amazing,” Said Fluttershy. “It sounded like magic.”

“Thank you, Fluttershy. And I never even touched a Kora before.” Lyra admitted. “Still i’m Glad to have bought this. Now, I will add it to my instrument collection.” Then everyone got off the waiting docks and walked on the snow to find their houses.

“Well, I can imagine how happy Applebloom, Big Mac, and Granny Smith will be to see my again.” Said Applejack.

“Applejack!” A voice called out to her. It was Bug Macintosh himself, And Applebloom was right next to him, along with Winona in his other side. Applejack found herself being squeezed by her big brother’s arms. “You’re home!” Said The stallion. “We missed ya so much, AJ.”

“Ah! Big Mac, can you... please let me go?” Then Applejack felt the weight being removed around her body and dropped on the snow.

“Sorry.”

“I’m so glad to see y’all too.” Said The Orange mare. “How’s the farm?”

“Just fine, Applejack.” Applebloom replied boldly. “We fed the animals, gave them blankets, and we gave Winona a bath.”

Happily panting with her tongue out, the sheepdog barked three times in happiness and licked all over Applejack’s face, making her laugh.

“Winona!” Applejack laughed. “Yeah, yer a good girl!”

The sheepdog continued licking her owner's face like a gigantic block of salt.

"She just missed ya, Applejack." Said Big Mac

"Come on, Winona, get off her." Said Applebloom. Then the yellow filly pried the family dog off of her big sister, who was still Waging her tail in complete, utter joy.

From afar in the snow, Rarity saw the one thing that always made her smile, and she was running towards her. "Sweetie Belle!!" She said with her heart filled with joy.

"Rarity!" The filly called back to Rarity in a distance, she and her sister ran up for a hug and lung on for an extended period of time. "I've missed you!"

"Oh Sweetie Belle." Rarity almost felt like crying tears of happiness right now. "I've missed you, too."

"How was Zebrica?"

"A little rather humid, but still, it was rather fun and interesting. I might have came up with a good idea for a fashion lineup inspired by Zebrican cultures."

"That sounds fun! You need to tell me about your time over there."

"We will after i get settled back home in my boutique." Raroty remarked.

All of a sudden. From behind Rainbow Dash, something hugged her from behind. She was a little startled at first, but she turned back, and smiled to see her little godsister: Scootaloo. "Hey, buddy!" She said, ruffing the tomboyish filly's purple mane of hare.

"Rainbow Dash, you're back!" Scootaloo shouted. "How was your trip!"

"It was awesome. There's so much to tell about on my cool trip." Rainbow said. "So many animals, many zebras, those things."

"Cool. I can't wait to hear them!" Said Scootaloo.

"We'll see you guys in a little while." Said Fluttershy. "I want to see all my little critter friends again. I can't wait to see their adorable, cute smiling faces. Come on, Luke."

"Right behind you." Said the human he followed her down the snowy path of the outskirts of town, and he was happy to see the usual road he would take back to the cottage.

At last, there it was, as normal as it should be, minus the snow on the roof of course. When Fluttershy opened the front door, she and the human heard many clamoring sounds of chittering, squeaking, and other animal sounds, and the yellow pegasus smiled.

"Hello my babies!" She said. Before Fluttershy knew it, she felt something heavy pull her like a magnet. It was Harry the bear, who gave her a literal bear hug.

"0h, I miss you too, Harry." Said the yellow pegasus. Several birds began to perch on Harry's arms so they can all greet her. "How can I forget all about my own feathered and winged friends?"

Meanwhile, Luke himself was happy to see many of these animal roomies, too. Matter of fact, Linus the lion, Tyson the Tiger, and Remus the wolf came up to Luke, and the human felt a gigantic hug from the white tiger. "Hey guys." Luke said to all three of them.

Tyson began licking his face, and thanks to his gigantic size, he caused Luke to topple over on his back. Before the human know it, he felt his face being licked all over by a bunch of tongues, but just these three, but other animals as well.

"Aww, they missed you too, Luke."

Laughing from the bunch of tongues tickling his his own face, Luke said: "Stop it! Hahahaaha! Stop it! I can't take it. You guys!"

Fluttershy smiled and chuckled by how much love Luke was getting, and then angel bunny came and hopped on her back.

He himself, didn't really miss Luke as much as the other did, not rather a surprise, but still, he was rather glad to see him back home.

"Oh wait! I almost forgot!" Thw him a. suddenly remembered while getting back on his feet. "I need to send my mom those pictures."

He sat on the couch and sent many pictures to Louise on his phone, and when he was done with sending all of them to her, he waited for a response.

Linus couldn't help but sit with him, and asked to be petted by Luke. "Ah, I missed you two, boy." Luke said to him. Just then, he felt his head being patted gently on top, and it was Harry, who smiled with his sharp teeth, and let out a small bear growl. "Yeah. I missed you too, Harry."

It was just then the doorbell rang. Fluttershy went to answer it, and it was Sprinkle Medley, the green pegasus mare that took care of the place while the yellow pegasus was away. "Oh, hello Sprinkle. Was everyone okay when I was away?"

Sprinkle nodded her head at her. "Yep. They were just fine. Although... Angel was a little... demanding, Fluttershy." The yellow pegasus looked at the rabbit in a rather stern look while Angel Bunny himself pretended to be innocent and whistled to the ceiling. "But, everything was fine with me. The animals here were so nice, even the scary ones like Linus, and Tyson."

Fluttershy smiled again. "Good. As long as they were all well-fed and given their baths." she remarked.

"Well, how was your trip?" asked Sprinkle.

"It was so amazing and beautiful. Luke should show you the pictures he captured on his phone to you."

Sprinkle Medley liked that idea, and she stepped right inside the cottage. "Sure, I would love to see some pictures."

"Ah, just give me a moment, Sprinkle." said Luke. "I need to send this pics to my mom."

"Okay, no problem."

It took about five minutes and after Luke was done, he showed Sprinkle Medley the pictures next.

The green pegasus was certainly amazed by how nice this place looked and how fun it was. "Boy, I wish I could have been there."

"You would love it over there." said Luke. "A very cool place."

After showing more pictures to her Sprinkle became more and more amazed by how interesting Zebrica was. "Yeah, I definitely need to go there someday."

"Totally."

"Well, I gotta go and help Spitfire with some cloud busting today."

"Okay, see you soon, Sprinkle." Said Fluttershy.

The green pegasus went out of the cottage and Luke finally got a text from his mother telling him that she loved the pictures that her son sent her, and told him that she loved him so much like any mother would say to her son.

"Ah, mom." Luke smirked. "Glad you like them."

"What did she say?"

"Thank you for the pictures, and I love you."

"Oh, that's sweet." Fluttershy remarked.

"Well, good thing that our friends didn't see it. It would have been embarrassing."

"Come on, Luke. She's only trying to be a good mother. At least show her some love and concern."

"I know. I know. That's why I shown her some of the pictures of me and toy guys."

"Yeah, I know." He went upstairs and unpacked everything back in his room, as did fluttershy in her own room.

He was so happy to have gone to a place similar to Africa, and see the different kind of lifestyles within that peculiar continent.

Getting undressed she pulling out his pajama pants, Luke got himself some hot cocoa for this cold, snowy day in Ponyville.

Everything was back to the wag how it should be for him, just going about his normal, every day life, and he couldn't be any more happier about being back home.

"Well. It's good to be home, right Fluttershy?"

"Right, Luke." The yellow pegasus agreed. She got herself some herbal tea to drink that was a little warm. "I'm so glad we went to Zebrica. We've seen so many animals that I haven't seen before."

"And the fact that we saved a Mokele-Mbembe pair from becoming extinct." Luke added after taking the first sip of his beverage.

"Oh yes. It was so wonderful helping those two creatures. I can't wait to go back there someday."

"We should probably bring Zecora again since it is her home, and she knows it well."

"Good point."

All of a sudden, Discord reappeared out of nowhere with his magic, spooking both the two inhabitants of the cottage. "I'm back!" He sang while hovering in midair.

"Discord, you did get my dad back home safely, right?"

"Of course I did, little man. I swear on my mother's grave that i did."

"Well, I'm going to call him and check just in case." He pulled out his phone and waited for his father to answer.

Finally, after ringing four times, Larry finally said on the other line: "what is it, Luke?"

"I was just checking to see if Discord took you back to Reno for sure, dad."

"Don't worry, Luke. Discord got me home just fine." Larry reassured. "I'm back in Reno right now, just about to unpack my things."

Luke sighed in relief. "Good. Just wanted to make sure you were okay. Discord can be a little.... shady."

"Don't worry. I'm just fine, buddy. Well, tall to you soon, buddy."

"Bye, dad." Then Luke hung up.

"When have I ever been a shady type of creature?" Discord asked in mock offense. Fluttershy and Luke looked at him, not amused at all.

"Do you need to ask that question?" Asked Fluttershy.

"Right. So, It was really good to hang out with all my friends, mostly with Fluttershy that is." Discord modestly said with a smirk on the right side of his mouth.

"What was your favorite part?" asked the human

"Hanging out with Fluttershy, of course." then the Master of Chaos hugged her tightly like his own teddy bear or other stuffed animal. "What can be better than hanging out with the very first friend I have ever made in my life?" Fluttershy was touched and she smiled on her adorable face.

She then said: "Aw, Discord." then she hugged him back. "I'm glad you came with us on the trip."

"And, thanks for not causing so much chaos and havoc." Luke added.

"Yes." Discord sounded a little bummed when he admitted it. "Still, I knew you would not want me to have a little fun. And at least we got to kill some bad guys in Anugypt when we were stopping Waraabe."

"Well, I suppose you should settle back in your house?" Luke asked him curiously

"Oh yes. Silly me, how can I possibly forget about my humble home?" and he sang in a nice tune: "There is no place like hooooome! Well, catch you all on the flip side!" And he teleported back to the realm of chaos.

Luke and Fluttershy were alone with their an animal friends in the cottage and the human began to relax and enjoy himself.

"Are you all hungry?" Fluttershy asked all her animal friends. Every one of the critters all looked excited, telling her that they wanted some lunch. "Oh, I knew you would all say yes."

The yellow pegasus went to feed her animal friends some food and emptied many food in many animal bowls to make them all happy and well-fed.

Luke decided to help out with that too, and she was more than happy to have some extra help around her. He helped her carry some bags of chow and food that Fluttershy could not, and helped got the feeding done a lot faster.

"Thanks, Luke." Said Fluttershy. "I always love it when you help me."

Smiling gratefully at her, the young human replied: "you're welcome, Fluttershy. To be fair I'm glad to call Equestria my home."

"Me too. I don't know what I would he without you." Then they both shared a hug with one another. "I know I have said this before, but making friends with my closest friends and becoming the element of kindness, I'm really glad to have met you."

"Same with me."

After the broke off the hug, Luke got a call from Brad, one of his friends, and he answered the phone. "Hey Brad. What's up?"

"Hey Luke. I heard you went on a trip to Africa."

"Well, Zebrica, but you were close, Brad.” Luke remarked before going back to drinking his hot cocoa.”

“How was it?”

Luke began telling one of his closest friends from home about his journeys and amazing experiences over in Zebrica, and he was rather proud to tell him these kind of details. “I even got myself a sword as a souvenir.”

“A sword? Hell yeah man! That’s some cool shit, Luke.” Brad Said. “Do ya have any pictures to show me, dude?”

“Yep. I’ll show you in a bit. I just got back from vacation and I need to settle things back in the cottage, and I just a little time to relax from all that traveling. If you ever come back to Equestria, you really need to go there. Tell Bobby and the other guys, too.”

“I’ll think about it. So, what was it like?”

“It looks so much like Africa, except, no humans of course. Zebras, buffalo, and many antelope species are the dominant ones in that place.”

“Huh. I would love to see those pictures when you get the chance.”

“I will. Just give me a little while.” Luke replied. “But how are things back in my home world?”

“Same as always, a little boring to be honest. Snowing in Bend a little.”

“Huh. Why am I not surprised?” Then Luke took another sip of his cocoa. “Well, it’s snowing here at Equestria and i’m Glad to be back home in Ponyville. Let me tell ya, Brad, I am so happy to call Equestria my home.”

“I wish that Earth could be like Equestria.” Said Brad. “Although I think it would be cooler if there was more monsters and heavy metal stuff in it.”

“That’s not a problem for me. I have my own guitar, and I can bring metal wherever I go, thanks to my talents.”

“Totally.”

“Well. Talk to ya soon, Luke. Let me and the guys know if you want us to come to Equestria again."

"Bye, Brad." then Luke hung up and enjoyed his cocoa some more. He just lazed around after feeding the animals and he felt like enjoying the nice, soothing mist from the humidifier upstairs to keep himself warm from the cold, chilly air around him. Enjoying the Humidifier, Luke looked around, and he missed the same ole bathroom that he would use to shower or use the toilet.

All in all, that was a very fun adventure going to Zebrica, and he could not wait to go over there for another visit one day. For now, he will wait until the time is right.

He was glad to be back home, and one thing he couldn't wait for was having more adventures in weeks, months, or years to come someday. Luke always loved a good adventure, especially to be with his friends. Maybe Luke might even bring that new khopesh sword he had gotten in Anugypt on his vacation.

One thing for sure was that he did not know when another adventure would come, for it might come sooner or later than he thought it would be. Soon, where the heart leads, a man must follow in it, and that would the number one thing for a male human being to have in himself.

He was in the humidifier for about fifteen minutes, and he felt warmer than usual already. Coming out of the bathroom, He got himself some root beer, for Luke already felt a little too warm while in that steam for so long. "So, what would you like to do tomorrow, Luke?"

"To be fair with you, Fluttershy? Maybe just relax and take the load off. I'm a little... exhausted." Luke admitted. "We just got home and besides, I would probably expect our other friends to ask how our adventures were. And you'll never know when a friendship problem will come for you."

Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle at Luke's point. "That is true. I'll have to keep an eye out now that we are back."

The door was knocked three times again, and it was Luke who answered it. It was the schoolteacher, Miss Cheerilee with a happy smile on her face. "Hey, Cheerilee. What's happening?"

"I heard you and your friends have came back from Zebrica, and I was wondering if you would like to give a presentation on Zebrica for my class. I'm sure they would love to hear your stories. What do you say?"

Luke had his thinking face on, and he said: "Maybe one of these days, I will."

"Perfect! Let me know if you are ready."

"I will. See you soon."

"Bye Luke. Have a good day." then Cheerilee left the cottage.

"Well, this should be interesting to tell the kids."

"I know. I know they will love your stories, Luke."

"For now, I'm just glad to be back home." and he put on his iPod and listened to some music. For Luke, it was certainly Home sweet Home for him.

The End

Author's Note:

I hope you all liked this story. Sorry if it is not perfect and very long, but I wanted to make it as interesting as possible. I will give you guys a sequel, but for now, just enjoy your Christmas. Happy holidays everypony!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 6 )

Please say there’s a sequel to this story.

and he saw that it was his mom that wanted to tall to him.

talk

9367061 There will be a sequel. I promise.

this was a really awesome chapter and i still see spelling mistakes on it so yeah

So, I really had to power through this story. There were numerous spelling errors that often made paragraphs a little difficult to understand, and a lot of chapters happened to rehash or repeat situations that had already happened in a previous chapter.
The speech between characters seems a little dry or lacking in detail as far as descriptive terms outside of quoted texts.

It's a great story but it still needs heavy editing. If you ever need an editor please, feel free to let me know. I love editing a story and making it go from great, to amazing. And your stories definitely have incredible potential.

I look forward to future writings. :)

Login or register to comment