• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,658 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,658

PreviousChapters Next
Talents (Edited)

Luke was out playing with some of the animals a little, and he was rather having fun with them. He was happy that they were all greeting him warmly like he was a member of their family, even if it has only been a few days since he came here. Fluttershy looked on at him with a smile, petting Angel in her arms.

"So, how did it go?" Fluttershy asked him

"Amazing! I loved it." The human replied in enthusiasm. "We fed animals, picked some apples and made apple pie. It was really fun."

"How wonderful."

Their conversation was cut short when there was a knock on her door, and it revealed to be Twilight and the others, with Spike on her back. "Hi Fluttershy." The purple allicorn greeted.

"Oh. Hello, everypony." She was always more than happy to see her friends come by to see her again, which was what best friends are for. "What brings you here?"

"We were going out for some ice cream, and we were wondering if you would like to join us." Rainbow clarified.

Fluttershy made an excited gasp "oh, of course. I would love to be with my own best friends." They all went "aww." And gave eachother a group hug, including Spike. They noticed Luke looking on at them.

"Luke, hello darling." Rarity greeted. "How might you be doing?"

"Doing fine, thank you."

"Hey, would you like to come with us and get some ice cream?"

The human gasped "yes. I love ice cream." Then he looked on at the critters "will the animals be alright, Fluttershy?"

The yellow pegasus smiled "don't worry. They will be just fine. We gave them their food, remember?"

"Yeah, you're right." The human flatly stated. "So, okay. I would love to join you guys." They all made wider smiles and mild cheering. He followed them back to Ponyville for more quality time together.

While they were walking down the road together, Pinkie asked the human "so, how was it at the farm, Luke?"

"Awesome."

"Yeah, Luke was very helpful. He was just so amazing with the work and the animals." Applejack clarified. "You should have seen him with the pigs. They loved him."

"Perfect!" Pinkie bounced with joy.

"So, Luke." Twilight addressed. "Rainbow told us you know about these..... Monsters in your world that might be real or not, right?"

"Right."

"Do you think you can tell us a few of these creatures? I'm a little curious to know about them." Spike said

They all agreed with him in their own words. "Well, alright, alright." He chuckled. Luke was rather happy to see that friends like them would want to know about these beasts. Applejack was right about it earlier, they are real page-turners. "One of my favorite creatures that might or might not exist is, the Maryland Go-"

There was a rustling in the bushes, like some animal was stalking them. They all looked around cautiously with Luke's heart beating faster than it normally would be beating.

"What was that?" Luke whispered.

"I don't know," rainbow said

"Shh, keep it down." Twilight instructed. Then out of nowhere in one of the bushes, some type of chicken head popped out of nowhere and looked at the group. This didn't look like any other chicken however, no, this one had red eyes of hell. When the creature came out, it had the head of a rooster and a body of a dragon

The human recognized this monstrosity from one of his books of mythological creatures. "Oh my god. It's..... A cockatrice!" He said in shock. Then he covered his eyes so he wouldn't be turned to stone, and hoped that this creatures would go away. Without warning, he felt the monster sniff his hands curiously and flew over to make eye contact with the human. Obviously, he wanted to turn him into a garden statue.

The yellow pegasus looked on in horror. "It's okay, friends." Fluttershy noted. "I have dealt with a cockatrice before." Then she gave him the stare through her eyes "You! Just what do you think you're doing?!"

They all watched in horror when they noticed Fluttershy slowly turning to a statue starting from her tail.

"Fluttershy, what are you doing?!" Pinkie exclaimed in terror

"No!" Luke exclaimed. This was almost too much o bear for him. Was she going to be lost forever by this unusual cockatrice? Or what?

"Just who do you think you are? Turning anypony to stone like this?! You would know better not to turn a creature to stone because he is not from here! No leave, and don't ever let me catch you doing this to my friend ever again! Understand?" Then the stone that was consuming her stopped and got off of her, like the spell was lifted

The cockatrice was absolutely stunned in horror from her staring. The monster nodded a yes in cowardice and ran away squawking like a real chicken would do, never to bother them and hopefully anypony else again.

Luke was amazed by what just happened. Fluttershy taking care of a beast like a cockatrice? "Fluttershy." He said "how.... Did you do that?"

"Oh, that was a little something I call, 'the stare'. I use this to get an animal to stop misbehaving if asking them nicely does not work."

"The..... Stare?" Luke thought to himself. "I wonder if Victoria Stilwell or Jackson Galaxy ever did anything like this to dogs and cats." Out loud, he said "thanks for saving me, Fluttershy."

"You're welcome. I couldn't possibly let that mean critter try and turn you to stone." She replied. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It just.... Caught us by surprise."

"So did us." Spike added.

"Well, enough of that. I think the worse is behind us, now."

They all agreed with him one at a time. "You're right." Said Rarity. "Let's not dwell on that little skirmish."

"Right."

"So, what kind of monster were you talking about?" Pinkie asked with a smile.

"Let's see...... Oh yeah, one of my favorite ones is the Maryland Goatman. Really strange monster with a very interesting backstory."

"What's a Maryland?" Asked Applejack

"It's one of the states in the fifty United States of America, my home."

"Oh." They all said in unison.

"So anyway, the Goatman of Maryland is one of the most famous cryptids in my world. It's pretty debatable if this guy actually exists, or of it's all a lie and an old folk tale."

"How was he like that?" Asked Twilight

"You guys really want to know?"

"Yes." They all replied happily. "Do tell us the story, please." Fluttershy begged. She made a really cute face that Luke could ever possibly say no too.

"Well, alright." Then they all happily cheered "so, the Goarman in Maryland takes place in the mid 19 hundreds in my world. Before this monster became the fiend the people of Maryland heard and read from, he was a scientist by the name of Dr. Stephen Fletcher. The accident was in a Maryland town called Beltsville in it's agricultural research center

"What did he do?" Asked Rainbow.

"He performed experiments on animals, particularly goats. That I do not like, because it's cruel to do that to any animal."

"I know, right?" Spike agreed. "What kind of sick twisted pony would want to do that."

"Well, i don't know if he was evil, he was just doing some science is all, i think. So, one day, an experiment went completely array, and turned him into the goatman. He had the torso of a human like me, except it was covered in hair. The lower body of a goat, and have horns on his head like one.

"Wow, so what happened next?" Rainbow asked, really wanting to l know more.

"Well, he took a large fire ax on the way out for him to keep. You see, he was so ugly with his transformation that he decided to take it out on the world. Now, he haunts the back roads of Beltsville, harassing teenagers in a place called lovers lane."

Rainbow, Pinkie, and Spike snickered at the teenager fact "that's kind of funny." The cyan pegasus giggled.

"Many people in Maryland have claimed to see the goatman around Maryland over the years it happened. In one event, he was blamed for the deaths of fourteen hikers that were coming through or near the place that he lived in. And another story of a dog suddenly decapitated by the Goatman with his ax."

Fluttershy gasped with sadness. She had great sympathy "that poor poor thing." She said twilight went to comfort her.

"I know. I feel the same way as you, Fluttershy." Luke remarked "but this was a long time ago. What's in the last is done and can't be changed."

The yellow pegasus made a small sigh "you're right. I'm sorry if I was overreacting."

"Ah, don't be sorry, Fluttershy. It's alright." The human place his hand over her back. "I feel just the same way as you do. It's rather conflicting whether this homicidal maniac is real or a fake and a hoax. Right now, there was an alleged photo of the Goatman in Maryland not too long ago. He was just walking out in the woods from a hiker walking around and such. The picture was a little blurry to describe it fully. But, I was sure I saw his head looking like a ram or a goat. He was hairy all over himself and was looking at the guy who took the picture.

"Did he have his ax with him?"

"No. That's why I kind of think the picture was fake."

"Why would you call it fake if this guy seen it?"

"Well, Rainbow might have told you guys about another cryptid I told her about the other day: Bigfoot. many hoaxers like to dress up like him, scare and trick people to get publicity and make money off of it. Meantime, who knows? maybe the Goatman could be hiding in Beltsville after all. Besides, I think he would be more likely to come out at night to make it all the more scary, and since it can be dark at night."

They all agreed with him. "Maybe you're right." said Rainbow Dash. "Anything could be possible."

"Agreed. Wanna see a picture of him on my phone?"

They all replied half yes and half sure. The human pulled out his Samsung Galaxy smartphone and went on the internet. It was a good thing that it worked in Equestria, even thought it might not make a lot of sense, but still good. Then he pulled out the most recent sighting of the goatman.

The others were quite surprised by this. "Oh my." said Fluttershy. "It does look like a hybrid of a goat and human being."

"I know. Look at it's horns." Rainbow said in amazement.

"Look at all that scraggly fur on himself." Rarity added. "He does look a little repulsive, and a ruffian."

Applejack looked at it closely. "You were right, this is a little blurry. Kinda hard to tell if this is describable." Luke nodded in agreement.

"But look at the forest, it looks so green and beautiful." Twilight said.

"Oh yes, I never knew that Maryland looks so beautiful." Fluttershy agreed.

"It is. There are deserts, and tundras in my world if you didn't know that. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is real or fake. Maybe if this creature had the large ax with him that I told you about, then maybe it would be a little more believable. For all I know. This picture might be fake."

"Well, that's cool." said Spike. "I like it."

"I'm glad you like me telling you guys this. Very interesting stuff, huh?"

"Totally." said Pinkie.

"I agree, definitely a page-turner like you said." said Rarity.

Then they all arrived in town, looking as peaceful as it will ever be. "So, is the ice cream at Sugarcube Corner, pinkie?" the human asked him

"Yep! Oh you will love it, Luke. It's the best kind of Ice cream it is in all of Equestria!" This sound really promising to the human being. If that place had good root beer, then it would have good ice cream, too. They all stepped inside the sweets shop, and their owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cake were more than happy to see the human again

"Ah, Luke. Welcome back." said the husband.

"Morning, Mr and Mrs Cake." the human greeted kindly.

"We're here for some ice cream." Pinkie clarified.

"Oh of course. Since you live here, Pinkie Pie, and you are her friends, and you are a foreign visitor, I will make a special discount." Mrs Cake confirmed.

They all waited in line for their ice cream. For Luke, he got himself a vanilla/mint swirl in soft serve form, the best kind of ice cream their is. It looked really good, and tried a bite. His eyes went wide, and dreamt himself in a pasture filled with ice cream clouds.

"Oh my god." he said "This is delicieux. Thank you so much."

"You are very welcome, Luke. Happy you enjoy it." Mr. Cake replied. Then they all dug in their desserts. Spike had an emerald ripple, which was an odd type of flavor for the Cakes to have, but since that is what dragons eat, then it would make sense since Spike is one after all. Twilight just got regular, old school vanilla, Pinkie got a banana split, Rainbow got zap-apple jam flavor, Fluttershy also with mint and chocolate, Applejack with apple cider, and Rarity with strawberry vanilla swirl.

As they were enjoying themselves, Luke suddenly got a touch of brain freeze. and tried to ease the mild head-ache.

"You alright, Luke?" Twilight asked him

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little bit of brain-freeze in my throat and brain of course."

"Maybe you should eat a little slower then, buddy."

"Good idea."

"So, Luke. I wonder, do any humans in your world have any special talents in your world?" Twilight asked curiously

The human gobbled another bite before he answered. "Of course. Well, we don't have cutie marks next to our butts of course, but we do have talents."

"What's your talent?" asked Rainbow

"Well.... I have many talents. I have a very creative imagination, that can be a little illogical sometimes. Playing video games, memorizing things for a long period of time. That sort of thing."

"Wow, that's nice." said Applejack.

"Thanks. But you should know that in my world, Everyone is best at something, nut no one is best at everything. We all have our strengths and weaknesses."

"That is so true." said Twilight. "That's the same for us."

"Oh yes, we all have things that we are not really good at." Fluttershy added.

Rarity stepped up by saying "Absolutely. Like, I am not very good at being so emotional."

"I'm not good taking care of animals." Rainbow said

"I'm not very good at math." Pinkie said

"And I am not very good at plowing the fields like my big brother does." Applejack admitted.

"Wow. I guess that kind of works in your world, too, huh?"

"Hmm-mm." they all replied.

The human looked at Fluttershy and asked her "What about you, Fluttershy? You don't have to tell me, i'm just curious. What is a thing you are not good at?"

The yellow pegasus looked a little flustered. "Taking care of kids to admit it. I mean, they can be more of a handful, you know?"

"That would make sense. Kids can be excited at times." the human agreed.

"Remember when you babysat Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo for their little slumber party?" Rarity reminded

"Oh yes. How could I not, but it was fun anyway, and they swore that they will listen to me from now on when I need their attention."

"True."

"Well one thing I am not good at for sure, it math." Luke admitted with slight annoyance. "Simple math I can handle, but algorithms, logarithms, algebra, calculus, that sort of thing I cannot stand."

"Yeah, I am not much of a math wiz either." rainbow agreed.

"Oh come on, just because you are not good at math, doesn't mean you should hate it." Twilight remarked

"Uh yeah, it does. I mean I like the basic math, just not the ones I mentioned. I mean just look at them, they are just scrambled numbers everywhere. I mean, have you seen calculus before?"

"I have." Spike noted. "I totally agree with you, Luke."

"Maybe Twilight likes it because she's an egghead."

She scowled at her. "You're joking, aren't you?" she said with a change of demeanor

"Yeah." then they all laughed.

"Oh, and I have a talent of singing and playing guitar." Luke added with another thought

"Ooh." they all said in unison and amazement

"You sing?" asked Fluttershy

"Yeah, I used to perform at every open mic during lunch in high school. Everyone loves me, students and teachers alike." he admitted. "I would like to go into clubs to sing, but I don't think I would be in it, because I have to be 21 to get inside."

"Could you sing a song for us?" asked Pinkie

"Well not right now. I usually sing when I feel like it. Some time perhaps."

"We understand. But we would love to hear you sing a song for us."

"They wouldn't happen to be rock or heavy metal, would they?" asked Rarity

"A majority of them are, yes. I know, you hate that kind of music, Rarity, but come on, I can listen to whatever I want."

"Oh I'm not forcing you to stop listening to it deary." Rarity explained. "And I don't.... hate it to say the least. I just don't think it sounds very.... pleasant."

"Are you kidding me?" Rainbow said in disagreement. "Rock and metal are one of the greatest creations that music has ever made!"

"Yeah!" Luke and Rainbow bumped fist to hoof once again

"Well, we all have our different taste in music." Fluttershy said a little sheepish. They all looked at her, then they all smiled and agreed with her.

"You're right."

"So, who inspired you to sing?" asked Fluttershy

"Well, Axl Rose, the lead singer of Guns N' Roses. Lemmy Kilmister, the bassist/singer for thrash metal group Motorhead, Scot Weilland, the singer of Stone Temple Pilots, and others. One that really inspired me to sing was Ozzy Osbourne, the singer of the founders of metal Black Sabbath."

"Is he good?" asked Spike

"Is he good? He is a legend. You should hear him sing. It sounds a little funny, but he sounds really awesome too."

"Oh, I would love to hear him sing some time." Fluttershy said.

" So, now what should we do?"

"Well, Applebloom and her friends wanted to know if you would want to visit their clubhouse." Applejack noted. "They would love to spend time with you."

"Sure. I guess i can be with those fillies for a while, besides, It will make me progress of making friend after all."

"There you go." said Rarity. "Well, I think it's best if we come with you. Those girls can be quite a handful."

"I don't mind, I guess I can have a little more company."

"Brilliant!" Twilight exclaimed.

They all thanked the Cakes for their food and went out of the shop to look for the three fun fillies.

PreviousChapters Next