• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,660 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,660

PreviousChapters Next
Clearing a Name

Luke was walking back to Ivoire city with his father and the Emela-Ntouka, Ethan, and his family, Emily and Bongo with them to explain everything to the rhinos and how this creature was being unfairly mistreated like this. Larry was walking right beside him, with his magnum in the holster on the left side of his waist. In his head, the rhino-like creature was unsure if he would be able to go along with this plan. Ethan certainly had a bad feeling about this, like he was going to be charged and trampled to death by a whole army of rhinos and not listen to reason with the human.

Still, he should at least show some consideration in going along with this by listening to him, and his father. The city was just in front of them, and Luke waited to see his friends and the king of the white rhinos.

"Don't worry." Said Luke. "Just let me do the talking and convincing. Like I said before; if they won't listen to you, they'll listen to me at least."

"If they do all kill me and family for this, you will regret this, human."

"Nonsense." Said Luke. "They really like me a great deal. Not to mention that you will like my friends, especially Fluttershy. She’s from Equestria.”

“Very well.” Said Emily. Her face was still blank and unchanged, trying to be brave and strong about this. She was mostly concerned with Bongo’s safety, thanks to her maternal instincts, which was a mother’s greatest weapon.

When they all arrived at the city, many of the residents made faces of horror when they saw the emela-ntouka family setting foot inside the boundaries. “What does he think he’s doing?” Said a female rhino

“It’s the monster!” Exclaimed a male. “What is he thinking?”

King Imari was still with Fluttershy Zecora, and the others, and they all looked surprised and ready to attack as well. “Guys, before you say anything, this is not what it looks like.”

“Really?” Said Dakari sarcastically. “Because it looks like you have brought death to us all with that monster!”

“Wait! He’s not a monster.” Luke begged. “Your majesty, I beg you to see reason with me. All they want is to find a good home to live in, with peace.” And he looked at Fluttershy and her friends. “Flutters, you gotta back me up here.”

“Is... is this true?” Asked the yellow Pegasus.

“Come on, Have I ever lied to you before? One of your closest friends?” Luke said. “You’re good with animals so you should know.”

“Wow, I never though I would see a creature like this in the flesh.” Said Twilight.

“But it’s reputation.” Said Zecora. “It has recently caused a commotion.” She didn’t sound very convinced by Luke’s word. “That monster has been terrorizing the city, and now you are saying ‘believe me’?”

“Yeah. It was like when I met that Mangani friend of yours earlier.”

Realizing he was right, Zecora knew he made a very good statement about that. She ultimately said “That is true. I... I do understand what you are trying to do.”

“Guys, He has a family with him, and he was just trying to protect them from any danger since he is always judged before he is known by any creature here.”

The elements of harmony, Spike, Lyra, Bon Bon, Starlight Glimmer, And Zecora were surprised to hear this. All of them honestly didn’t expect something like this, but then the elements of harmony remembered about when they first met Zecora, and they judged a book by it’s color.

“We did not know he has a family.” The king admitted. “But why did you attack us by coming directly into our city?”

Sighing, Ethan replied by saying : “Because, I just wanted to teach you all a lesson for attacking my home like that. I only do it for my family like Luke said. I thought that if I set foot in your city and try to attack you, it would teach you all a lesson for scaring us like that.” And he sighed again. “I didn’t mean to kill anyone. I just want you to understand that I am not the monster you all think I am.”

Fluttershy couldn’t help but feel sorry for him, and his family before hovering up to them. “Does everyone always judge you before they get to know you?”

“Yes.” Ethan admitted. “Rhinos, elands, kudus, and zebras get one good look at us, and they would always be like ‘Ahhh! Run for your lives! It’s an Emela-Ntouka.”

“You poor thing.” Fluttershy Said. “You’re not a monster.”

“But everyone else here thinks so.” Bongo Said with a gulp.”

“That’s why I brought you and your parents here, so I can show all these rhinos and their king that they have been completely misunderstood about you guys.” Turning back to the king, Luke Said “King Dakari, please, just give them a chance and see a whole new animal underneath them.”

A little bewildered and unconvinced by this, Dakari stared at the three creatures, who had a look on their faces telling him to accept them as a friend to them and his subjects. Larry stepped up and cleared his throat before saying: “Listen to my son, your highness. At least give it a try.”

“How do you both know they are not lying?” Asked Dakari suspiciously. “And why trust a killer of elephants?”

“They ain’t lyin’, your majesty.” Applejack Said. “I sense they are all telling the truth, and these three are more than they appear after all.”

“Yes, Applejack is the element of honesty after all.” Twilight said. “I think we should give the family a chance to interact and bond with other creatures. Sure, they look so tough and intimidating, yet they are not going on a rampage trying to kill anything in their way. No offense.”

“None taken.” Emily said.

“We can have a party!” Pinkie bounced.

“And an interesting look for the three to stand out to all of you.” Rarity suggested.

“Besides, they seem pretty cool.” Spike Said.

“See? My friends here agree with me.” Luke said. “Just take this into consideration.”

“Like we always say; Friendship is magic.” Rainbow Said. “Don’t judge someopony or someone because of their looks, no matter how scary they look.”

“Twilight and her friends taught me a thing or too, and they helped me fix my mistakes in the past. Without them, I wouldn't know what to do.” Said Starlight Glimmer. “If you can trust us, you can trust these Emela-Ntouka.”

“Please, king Dakari?” Fluttershy begged with the puppy dog face, her eyes looking like she was going to cry. “At least let them try and warm up?”

“Well.... Alright.” Said The king. “But if they all go around trashing our beautiful city, it will be your fault, Luke. Are we clear?”

“Yes, your majesty.” Said Luke. “Well come on, let’s just all try and be friends here and relax.”

And the three creatures introduced themselves to the zebras and the Equestrian visitors. Zecora was still a little unsure about this, but she decided to go along with this as well, just for Luke’s sake. She decided that she will keep an eye on the three Emela-Ntouka if they are going to try and make peace with the rhinos in this city. Every other rhino continued their lives while the three stayed with Luke, his father, and their friends. They all went inside the castle to have a little talk by walking down the corridors and hallways.

“Although I’m curious,” Said Lyra. “Why do they call you a killer of elephants?”

“Well, I didn’t choose to be called that title. Elephants, well.... they can be aggressive creatures if you are not careful. And you are aware if how territorial they can be when someone visits their territory. Another reason I would call that is because my horn can easily outclass a mere elephant’s tusks.”

“True.” Said Bon Bon. “Those horns are massive on you guys.”

“Yes, they look white big and dangerous.” Fluttershy Said. “They could puncture a whole tree bark if hard enough.”

“Not to worry, little one.” Said Ethan. “We know how to use our horns wisely. And we would use it in case crocodiles would attack us. Those animals can be a real problem.”

“You’re not wrong.” Said Zecora. “In rivers across Zebrica, there are many things going on: crocodiles, hippos, Goliath tigerfish, And other dangers that can be hidden in the fresh waters around us. It would result in a terrible loss.”

“I’ve seen tigerfish before.” Luke said. “Those guys are terrifying, and they make piranhas look weak and foolish with those teeth they carry to maul their prey.”

“Terrifying indeed.” Said Bongo. “But we know better not mess with them, and they know not to mess with us. They know how much of good swimmers we are, and who would win in a fight between them and us.”

“The same with crocodiles.” Said Emily. “Although the hippos like to give us trouble.”

“Ah, hippos are kind of mean creatures.” Said Twilight. “They’re known to be very territorial towards other animals living close to them.”

“Exactly.” Said Ethan. “But of course, they are afraid of us for a good reason, for I am bigger and stronger than those beast’ overgrown teeth.”

“Heh. The last thing I want is to get chomped into minced meat by those guys.” Spike remarked. “At least they’re not like diamond dogs.”

“What is a diamond dog?” Asked Ethan

“It’s... a long story.” Said Rarity. “They are just a bunch of mongrels who are the greediest creatures alive. Still, I can see that you are certainly not like those brutes, Ethan. A quite unique and stylish horn on your nozzle.”

“Oh well, thank you.” Said the male Emela-Ntouka, flattered by her compliment. “Your majesty, I know I did bad things to you by killing those soldiers you sent after me, It they gave us no choice. I never mean to kill them, as a matter of fact, I wish I can just go back and stop ,twelfth from doing so.”

“No, I am the one to blame, Ethan. I didn’t even know you had a family with you to protect, so I can appreciate that, for I have a family myself.”

“Everyone in this city?” Asked Emily

“Yes, nothing means more to me than all of my subjects and their happiness and well-being. Now that I look at you, we do have a few things a like, Despite the horns on our noses.

Luke smiled, as did his friends, l owing that this was going good for these two. Perhaps this would be a better success than he and his father thought it would be. These two were bonding without trying to kill one another, and haven’t been insulting each other for the past thirty minutes into their walk.

“This is actually going okay.” Said Fluttershy. “Oh, I forgot to ask you, Luke; did you hurt yourself out there while looking for Ethan?”

“No, but me and my dad did have a close call with a couple of crocodiles in a lake where the three here lived close to. I would have been dead meat if not for my dad killing the fries one, who caught me off guard for a second.”

“Goodness. I hope they didn’t hurt you.”

“No, I promise, they didn’t pay one of their sharp teeth on my skin.” Luke reassured. “There’s probably even more dangerous things out there that could be more powerful.”

“Right you are. In Zebrica, there are more creatures that are completely dangerous, and you would have to show them your star.” Said Zecora. “But, I am glad you are taking precaution, the last thing I would want is for you and the rest to get a bad concussion.”

“Don’t you worry, Zecora.” Said Spike. “We’ll be just fine. We have saved Equestria countless items before, well, they did.”

“Oh come on, Spike.” Said Twilight. “You helped us save Equestria couple times before.”

“That’s true.” Said The baby dragon.

“Well, why don’t we have a little lunch? For i’m Getting hungry.”

“You read my mind, Luke.” Said Larry, patting his tummy. They all went to the dining room and sat at the table, although the Emela-Ntouka didn’t really sat at the table, for they are bigger than a rhino. Luke and Fluttershy still hoped things will go nicely and smoothly around these two races.

The rhinos all had some fruit and straw at the table while Luke and his feather just had fruit, for they did’t have the right teeth to chew on it. There was still no negative energy or hostility between these two, for they were starting to get along quite nicely.

PreviousChapters Next