• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,662 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,662

PreviousChapters Next
Crazy Monster Encounter (Edited)

The Tasty Treat, one of the most successful restaurants in Canterlot. Luke looked at the sign that sells out the restaurant's name. "Hmm. The name's original." The human thought Inside his head. This restaurant looked rather adorable, like everything else in Equestria is. He hoped that the interior was indeed, Indian style, like the owners names say it is.

"Here we are!" Rarity sang in a beautiful voice. "The Tasty Treat: the newest restaurant in Equestria. Oh you will love how Coriander Cumin and his daughter Saffron Masala will make food for you."

Those names still made Luke hungry just thinking of those Indian style foods. Especially curry since that is one of the many things India was popular for, along with Bengal tiger. Luke even heard his stomach growling, obviously telling him to fill him up with Indian cuisine.

"Indeed, the food on this fine dining center will leave you in awe." Said Fancy Pants. "Prepare to be amazed."

'Yes sir." Said Luke. When he entered, the smell of exotic food went right through his nostrils. The smell was definitely something from South Asia. The human was indeed, amazed by this.

He hoped that he will eat at this place sometime soon of he would ever want to. Of course he was also eager to meet this Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala ponies.

"Welcome to the Tasty Treat." Said a female voice. A mare with a dark purple, bushy mane and tail cake out from the area where only employees were allowed to enter within. This mare was a unicorn, and she had a golden headband, and golden earrings to go with it. Yes, this definitely looked like somepony from a country inspired by India.

The coat she was wearing was like a brilliant orange type of color, and her cutie mark was a pretty looking, purple flower blossoming

The mare noticed Luke and she looked a little curious about him. Nopony can blame her though. Luke is quite a fascinating human being, considering the fact he was the only one in this world right now. "Oh, hello." She greeted. "I believe we have not met before."

"Hmm-mm. I'm from.... another world." Luke clarrified, trying to not make it sound so complicated for this Indian mare to understand.

"Oh my. That is rather peculiar." Said the mare. "I am Saffron Masala, the chef at Tasty Treats."

"The name's Luke. Luke Smith." The human flatly replied with a small smile.

"Well, it is quite an honor, Luke " said Saffron kindly. "Oh, and Rarity, it's wonderful to see you again, too." She addressed the white unicorn.

"And always a pleasure to see a familiar face like yours, Saffron." Rarity humbly remarked.

"If it was not for you and Pinkie Pie, me and my father would not know what to do without you."

"Wherever my cutie mark calls me for a friendship problem, I will always answer."

"And of course, I give you both a warm welcome, Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis." Saffron added. She and Flitter gave each other two kisses on one another's cheeks.

"This places always smell so nice, ne c'est pas? C'etait incroyable." Fleur said.

"And it is quite more delicious and appetizing than those other restaurants that say they are delicious, but in reality, it tastes completely like dog kibble." Said Fancy Pants

"I would call it false advertising." Said Luke. The others laughed at what he joked to them.

"Exactly! Magnifique, Luke." Fleur commented. "You are quite drole (funny)."

Luke flustered at her comment. "Merci beaucoup, madamoiselle." He replied.

"Saffron!" An aggressive stallion called out from the back of the restaurant. The stallion looked rather obese, and has a large, scruffy mustache along with large, bushy eyebrows to go with it. His cost was a little more of a yellowish color than the mare here. "Ah, there you are my daughter. What could possibly be taking you so long and- Oh, Rarity, Fleur De Lis and Fancy Pants. What a very pleasant surprise to see you all here."

"Coriander Cumin. I can say the same for you." Rarity replied humbly.

Then the stallion noticed the human. "You!" He suddenly barked. The next thing he did was inspect Luke to know more about what he exactly is. "I don't recognize you." He said in a more calm voice. "Are you some kind of.... hairless albino orangutan?"

"Father!" Saffron scolded. "That's rude!" Back to the human, the mare said "I am very stubborn about my fsther, he can be very blunt at times." Her dad gave her a small glare

"No it's fine. I kind of expected that reaction to happen around me. Wouldn't really blame them though."

"Forgive me." Coriander said, clearing his throat. "I was just curious."

"Heh, no worries. You're not the only one to react like that. At least you're not like Jet Set and Upper Crust, and of course Blueblood."

"Oh tell me about it." Said a mare, overhearing the conversation. "That guy is such a rude pig."

"And mean!" A unicorn stallion added

"He called me and my family a bunch of sniveling beggars!" A pegasus mare added. Then there was a large chatter of negative comments for prince Blueblood.

"Alright! Alright! We can all agree on something!" Said Coriander Cumin. "Prince Blueblood is a lot of things, a slimy little jackal, a shyster, and a self-centered ego maniac, but let us not dwell on it inside our thoughts, and let it not bring you down. Just please continue all your meals."

Everypony in the place agreed and decided to drug off the bad thoughts of Blueblood and forget about him. It was as if they didn't remember what they were criticizing anymore when they continued eating.

"Anyway, Luke is absolutely right. We all have a common enemy in that prince Blueblood." Said Saffron. "But at least Celestia and Luna are in power."

"Here here." Fancy Pants agreed.

"So, are you hungry, Luke?"

"Of course. That's why I came here."

"Brilliant." Said Coriander. "Come have a seat and we will bring you your food."
Then Luke found himself enjoying many type of Indian cuisine. His belly will definitely be full after he is through with all of this food.


A little later, Luke was back in Fluttershy's cottage close to Ponyville. Right now, he was just playing with Linus the lion again, and then scratching Harry's belly.

The large grizzly bear was simply enjoying the belly rubbing from the human, like a dog would do the same thing. Harry was making small growls, really liking Luke's magic touch.

"Oh, isn't that cute." Said Fluttershy, done giving Angel his snacks. The white rabbit's snack bowl wad like a salad with chopped off carrots, which I'd the kind of vegetable that every rabbit and hare loves. Along with the carrots were tomato and lettuce slices, like there would be in any salad. "So, how was Canterlot with Rarity?" The yellow pegasus asked him curiously.

"It was good." Luke replied, petting the lion's handsome mane. "It was so amazing in Canterlot, the buildings, the people, and the princess' even gave me a tour of the castle inside."

Fluttershy made an excited gasp. "Ooh, how wonderful. That was really kind of princess Celestia and Princess Luna to show you around their home."

"And I also met Fleur De Lis and Fancy Pants that accompanied me and Rarity to a few other places. And of course..." the human's demeanor slowly began to change when he said "there was also Celestia's evil nephew, prince Blueblood."

"Oh goodness." Said Fluttershy, mildly shocked to hear about the last thing he talked about during his visit. "Was he mean to you?"

"Well, he wasn't that mean to me. He just told me to stay out of his way, but don't worry about that. That guy didn't really give me that much a hard time."

"Good." The yellow pegasus sighed.

"And I saw that he and Fancy Pants have a grudge against one another."

Rarity did tell me about that a little while ago. Well, enough of that, what else did you do?"

"We went to Rarity's second boutique in town, and met the mare in charge of it, Sassy Saddles. She seemed very nice like a lot of people in Canterlot."

"Did you meet anypony that seemed egotistical?"

"Well... there was this self-absorbed couple named Jet Set and Upper Crust. They thought they were better than everybody else."

"Oh goodness. I have heard those ponies. Did they give you a real hard time?"

"Not as much. We just ignored them."

Fluttershy smiled to hear that. "Good."

Luke told her about the two Indian-like ponies that owned the Tasty Treat Catering, Coriander Cumin and Saffron Masala. After a long conversation about the trip, Luke and Fluttershy went to feed the animals their supper.

As usual, all the animals were happy to be fed with their meals. The human promptly went back inside, and checked his text messages. As usual, all his old friends from home were checking on him, and the same with his mother and father, both hopping he is okay and he gets back home soon.

"Oh guys. I miss you, too." He muttered under his breath.

"What's that?" Asked Fluttershy, hearing what he briefly said.

'Oh nothing, just thinking of my family and friends back home as usual." The human replied flatly. "No big deal."

Fluttershy smirked "I understand." She remarked. "I just hope they are okay."

Luke made a deep sigh, and texted his friends and family back to tell them he's perfectly alright. "Me too." Ad he sent it to all the people be loved, he got back up. Just then he noticed one of the ducks going outside, into the Everfree Forest.

"Uh, Flutters?"

'Yes?"

'One of the ducks wandered off into the forest."

They yellow pegasus realized what he meant, gasped, and hurriedly went back outside. "Oh no, no no, this can't be good." She panted. Then she turned back on Luke, and asked the human "Which duck was it?"

"Sir Quacks-alot."

Then Fluttershy fainted for a short period of time, and Luke helped her get back up. "This is terrible! Who knows what mean, nasty creatures who live in it might do to poor Quacks-alot."

Luke boldly stated "I"ll go look for him."

"What? I know you want to help me Luke, but going into the Everfree Forest alone is just too dangerous."

'Don't worry about me. I'll be just fine."

'But what if you get hurt?" She asked.

"Don't worry, i'll make sure That I find Sir Quacks-alot, and bring him back here where he belongs."

'Okay but.... but..." she was about to protest against this again, but she was stopped by one of Luke's fingers gently pressing against his lips.

"Please, just trust me. I'll do my very best to be careful out there."

She was still reluctant about this decision. If anything happened to Luke, Fluttershy would never forgive herself. Nonetheless, she said "okay. Just please promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

There was a pause sp still that the human could heard the breathing of many animals around him. Finally she replied "just please be careful out there.... okay?"

"I promise. And if I am not back by thirty minutes, call the cavalry, and by cavalry, I mean you and the others."

"Okay."

Then the human went outside and slowly wandered into the Everfree territory. A chill crept down his spine, knowing that this place was creepy as hell. It was like wondering into a haunted forest, except it was much worse. He went deeper and deeper in the area the flaming geyser swamp.

He only had one thing in mind, and That was to get one of Fluttershy's ducks back home where he belongs. "Sir Quacks-alot?" He called out to the missing animal. "Where are you? Fluttershy misses you."

Then there was no answer, except for an eerie sound of wind passing by. The human searched high and low for the duck in many parts of the Everfree Forest, but so far, he found nothing.

At last, he found the poor mallard feeling scared ad alone. "Ah there you are, little guy." He sighed in relief. Luke hurriedly went to the bird's aid, and went to check up on it. "What the hell were you thinking?" He asked Sir Quacks-alot. "You could have gotten killed out here. Any reason why you went all the way here?"

Then the mallard began to quack about why he just went off into the Everfree Forest, but Luke couldn't really understand him.

"Okay, okay, you can tell it to Fluttershy. Come on, we need to get you home." Sir Quacks-alot agreed and went on Luke's arms. Then Luke was on the trail back home where he heard a growling noise. "Uhh, hello?"

Then he saw a large figure that had three pairs of glowing red eyes, and then as the creature got close to the human, it revealed to be a creature that had a tiger's head and front body, a goat's head and hind-body, and the tail wasn't even a tail, it was a fierce looking snake.

"Quacks-alot, get out of here!" He warned the drake. Then the duck immediately flew off. The human was absolutely stunned to see such a creature like this. He recognized the monster from Greek Mythology when he was little. Luke read many books about it, and knew what it was really well."

"Oh shit." He muttered.

The creature approached him more and more, until it got close enough to move it's face against his own. "Hello there." Said the tiger in a fierce, demonic voice."

'And what might a.... creature like you be doing out here?" The goat head bleated.

"Yesss, are you lost?"

"Wow, you're a Chimera." He said in awe.

PreviousChapters Next