• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,662 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,662

PreviousChapters Next
Getting Settled In

In the large Guestroom, Luke was looking out the window at how beautiful it was outside in Zebrica. If there was one thing for sure, Luke could hardly wait to see all the wonders of this piece of land, along with seeing cool animals and tribes.

He was listening to some music on his iPod Touch to enlighten the mood. Everything was unpacked in the room, and his friends were also trying to settle in.

Larry stood next to him, and gently tapped his shoulder and his son took off one earbud. "You excited to be here, buddy?" He asked him. Luke smiled at him warmly.

"You know that I am, dad. This is gonna be awesome, I know it will. And it's better since your here."

"I couldn't agree more, Luke." Larry concurred with him.

"It will be awesome alright." Said Rainbow Dash. "I can't wait to see some cheetahs around here."

Luke suddenly felt the need to use the restroom. "Uh-oh. I think I drank too much lemonade. I'll be right back." As he went to tinkle, Spike was just relaxing on the bed he will sleep on for the next seven days.

"What do you think, Spike?" Twilight asked him. "Is that bed comfortable enough for you?"

"You bet, Twilight." The baby dragon replied. "But what about the others? I don't want tell natives here think I am a mindless monster?"

"Oh don't be silly." Twilight said. "It'seems like Zecora said, everything will be just fine."

"Yes, especially with a buffalo or a rhino. My dear Spike, Would they ever think you are a monster? No, I do not think so." Said Zecora. "Besides, we should not try and doubt in front of Luke. The last thing I would want is for him to think this trip was a mistake and a fluke."

"You're right, Zecora." Said Larry. "Do you guys know how important it is for Luke to go to Africa? Or a place similar to Africa?"

"Of course we do." Said Fluttershy. "I have know Luke long enough for him to see how much he loves Africa, Larry."

"I know, Fluttershy."

"We're his closest friends after all." Said Applejack.

"Totally!" Said Pinkie Pie.

"And I simply love how the decor looks in this peculiar palace." Rarity remarked, looking at a fascinating painting of a zebra warrior wearing army that looks like from the Zulu tribe.

It was just then Luke got back. "You know Zecora," he said "I'm still a little confused about you being a princess of this peculiar place."

"I never really been asked about it." She said. "I'm pretty sure that if I told you all back in Ponyville, you wouldn't even cate about it."

"I care." Said Luke.

"And you know how i'm always interested in new things." Said Twilight.

"My apologies, but now I have told you my dearies." And it was just then Okove set foot inside the guestroom.

"Is everyone settling in?" He asked curiously.

All of them replied yes or words similar to yes. "Oh yes, Okove." Said Fluttershy. "Everything looks beautiful here."

"Wonderful, wonderful." Said Zecora's brother. It was just then a couple of zebra servers came in with plates of fruit ranging from grapes to honeydew to watermelon. They all looked absolutely delicious. "You all must be hungry from all of that traveling on that train."

The waiters all stood in front of them for any fruit they would like to eat. Luke was more than happy to take a banana and a honeydew melon that was half-open, and began cutting it with a small knife turning them into small cubes. Everyone else had other types of fruits, including honeydew, grapes, oranges, watermelon and others.

Unlike the two humans who were eating the melons in cube form, the rest of them were eating it naturally by just chomping on the melons, and they tasted good. The servants then went out of the room with the empty plates still in their hooves. "Now that everypony and of course baby dragon, human, and Master of Chaos alike is happy with their food, would you like anything else?"

"No thanks." said Spike. "I think the fruit should keep me satisfied for a little while." and he took a bite of his melon. "Ooh, this is so good." and he continued munching down on the inside.

“Good. Now, sister, how is life in Ponyville for you?”

“It is absolutely marvelous. The peculiar city of Ponyville is always tremendous. Sure, it might be be absolutely perfect, but I will certainly not move away from there and defect.”

“Hmm, you have always described Ponyville in your letters to me, but I have never actually been there.”

“You should visit there. It might not look like Zebrica,” Said Applejack “There arellenty kf fun things to do over in our hometown.”

Okove was a little more curious about this town. “I see.” And he turned his attention to the human. “So Luke, I am also more curious about your world and your race.” And he sat down next to him. “Is there anything you can tell me about your people?”

“There are many things, but not everything.” Luke replied. “But one of the things I can say for sure is that we humans are the dominant species of my home world. My and dad’s definition of Earth has so many wonders, And whenever there are wonders, there are some hazards as well.”

“It your world like this earth you walk on?” Okove Asked

“Oh yes, except there is no magic or magical powers, or monsters like manticores or dragons. My world can be very boring at times.”

“Yeah, this place is certainly something else.” Said Larry. “Luke came here through a shooting star and Discord saw this and decided to grant his wish.”

“Oh ho, I flush.” Said the master of chaos. “Indeed, Luke is in this world because of me, for his world is quite boring.”

Now Okove was even more interested in this human and his father. “If you got transported here, then I would predict your world is a little boring.”

“Well, i’m Just visiting here from the home world.”

“I see.”

“Okove, are there any elands or buffalo that can talk?”

“Oh yes.” The make zebra chuckled. “We certainly have those kinds of animals here. We get along quite well with the elands that would come here and visit. As for the buffalo.... they are ‘gore first, ask questions later’ type of creatures, but they can still be passive as long as you don’t make them angry.”

“Pardon me.” Said Fluttershy. “But where can we go on safari? I’ve always been fascinated in the animals living in Zebrica.”

“Ho ho, here are many safari parks in Zebrica, and it is a pretty diverse place. You must all know that there are not just Savannas or grasslands in Mama Zebrica. No, there are also deserts, mountains, jungles, forests. Beaches, and other wonders here.”

“Wow, that’s cool.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“And if you all want, there is a souvenir shop for visitors that came here by train.” Okove remarked. “They are affordable at a price for only two bits.”

“Wonderful!” Said Starlight Glimmer. “Might as well get something to remember us by when we leave at the seventh day.”

“Come on, Starlight.” Said Lyra. “There’s always another day. It won’t be a final goodbye, Yeah, these good zebras seem very friendly and hospitable.”

“And it looks like a perfect winter getaway.” Bon Bon added. “I can get tired of the snow in winter back home.”

“Well, I can assure you all that you are more than welcome to set foot here on my home any time you want to, or see fit.”

“You don’t have to tell us twice, Okove.” Said Larry. “This place looks very interesting.”

“And what about me?” Asked Spike. “Am I allowed to set foot in Zebrica if I want to? I don’t want to be casted out by an angry mob with torches trying to kill me.”

“Come on Spike, e already discussed this.” Said Lyra.

Okove let out another chuckle, and said “Yes Spike, we know you are only an infant, and not cause destruction on purpose like a brutish adult dragon would do. Oh, not saying you are brutish of course.”

“I know. I know.” Said Spike.

“I think I could buy something at the gift shop.” Luke thought. “Anyone want to come with me?”

“Oh! I’ll come with you!” Fluttershy volunteered adorably.”

“I’ll go too.” Said Twilight. “Come on Spike, I always wanted something to study on Zebrica for years.”

“Alright Twilight.” Spike chuckled. “I’m coming with ya,”

“I will come too, I want to show you many fun things here to do.” Zecora added

“And I should come with you in case you get lost in the city out there.”

“Good idea.” Luke remarked. “Anyone else wanna come with us?”

“I’ll do it.” His father offered.

“And we can use some exercise.” Lyra got off the bed and stood next to the group heading out. The rest of them Chose to stay at the guesthouse and rest for a bit. And the small group went to the souvenir shop. It was an intriguing shop, and Spike was feeling a little nervous, but some zebra foals were warming up to him, and decided to interact with Spike.

The crafts were amazing, ranging from masks to small statues made of wood, painted tribal shields, and more.

PreviousChapters Next