• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,662 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,662

PreviousChapters Next
First Thanksgiving in Equestria Part 2

Luke was making up for some more lost time with his friends and family that Discord all brought to Equestria to celebrate Thanksgiving with him. His Equestrian friends were all talking among themselves about how much of a magnificent feat they have pulled off, just for their very first human friend in their lives. Fluttershy herself was the proudest out of everypony else that made him happy. Applejack was more than happy to have some carrot cupcakes that Pinkie Pie made herself at Sugarcube Corner.

"Well, this is definitely fun." said Rarity. "Why didn't we even think about this sooner?"

"Maybe because we don't eat turkey?" asked Rainbow Dash with a smirk before taking a sip of her orange juice. "And isn't this cool? seeing more humans in Equestria? I never thought I would see something like this."

Discord cleared his throat and stated "well technically, since the government in Luke's world created that little accident, it is all thanks to moi." then he conjured bright, lighted signs in shape of fingers pointing to him like a billboard in Las Vegas. All three of them were glowing "Hero who saved the day!" on them.

They all laughed and Fluttershy said "Okay Discord, we get it. It's all thanks to you for bringing Luke's family and friends back home to visit here."

"Well I wouldn't say that." said Twilight eating an apple. "I think you deserve the credit for coming up with all of this. None of this wouldn't have been possible without you, Fluttershy. And the all looked at her with a warm smile. The yellow pegasus flustered a little on her face, and felt proud of herself as well.

She didn't really know what to say at first, but then she stated "well, I don't think I should take all the credit. All my friends helped out too."

"Aw come here, you." said Lyra. Then they all formed a group hug. "I'm just glad that Luke is with his family again."

"Couldn't agree with you more, Lyra." said Bon Bon.

"Seems like you are all having fun together." said a motherly voice. It was princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and her husband Shining Armor. "We all just wanted to know how you all were doing on this fine, fine event." then they all sat with them at the table they were sitting in.

"This party is going swell, your majesties." Applejack said. "It was hard work for me and my family, but we all did it as a family." then she took a gigantic bite of her apple fritter. "My, I never even noticed how mighty hungry I was." then she let out a loud burp. "Excuse me."

"You are quite excused, Applejack." said Luna. "I wish that we could all celebrate a holiday like this... Thanksgiving a long time ago. It seems like a lovely holiday."

"I know. Spending time with family and friends like this in a large family reunion." Cadence added having a sip of her ginseng tea. "What do you think, Shining?"

"I think you're right. Of course, there's also Hearth's Warming. At least we have that, right?" her husband remarked. "It's not really a total loss."

Cadence couldn't help but giggle. "Yeah, you're right." then they planted a kiss on one another. "It's probably just a human thing after all. Would you like another spout of ginseng, my dear?"

"Please."

"Yeah, just take a look at how happy Luke is right now." Spike said.

"Indeed Spike." Celestia agreed with him. "It just fills my heart with joy to see one reunited with his family after so long."

"Except that it didn't take a thousand years for that to finally happen."

Celestia had a rather irritated look on her face. "Oh come on, Luna. I said I was sorry, didn't I? What's in the past is done, so can you please just let it go?"

"Of course. I'm just saying." the princess of the night said flatly. "Let's just drop that completely."

"Agreed."

"Hmm.... I wonder what Luke is talking about with his family and friends." Fluttershy thought to herself as she was looking on at him in a rather far distance. She didn't want to intrude of course, for she knew it wouldn't be very polite, unless Luke called her over again like he did with her moments ago.

Meanwhile, Luke was still having a pretty good time with his friends and family by having some good laughs. "Wait wait wait, you play guitar in a live show before?" Asked Brad in intriguememt.

"Yep, many times before as a matter of fact. The crowd absolutely loves me." Luke gloated a little. "I mean, I don't really like, to brag, but my friends here really love my sweet riffs and killer solos that I perform."

"Oh Luke." Louise sighed in an amused smile. "Well at least you are bing modest."

"Hmm-mm, but come on, mom. I am what I am." And he took a sip of Diet Coke to refresh himself. "So what did my other friends say about me back home. Do they miss me?"

"Heck yeah." Said Jacob. "Iliana, Richie, Avis, and Grayson all miss you."

"And our neighbor, mr. Chamberlain and his wife said they deeply miss you, and wonder where you are right now." Said Brad

Luke made another chuckle. "If they only knew. Well, at least they haven't been co planning about how we play as a band together." Then they all laughed again. Luke suddenly made a small face of guilt. "Listen everyone, I'm really sorry I haven't been there for you lately. Really."

"It's alright, buddy." Larry noted. "You'll never know when these things will happen. Besides, at least you have been talking to us on the line, and that always makes us happy."

"I know, dad." Luke said. "You sure you guys are not mad at me?" He asked again before taking a sip of his once again.

"Nah." Said Bobby. "We would never be mad at ya for that." Then he gave him him a manly pat on the back. "Besides, this place definitely looks like a cool place to party hard in." Then he made a few beatbox sounds while doing rather shiny dance moves.

"Why can't our home be as beautiful as this?" Asked Louise dreamily

"Yes, it is just so lovely in this world." Elise agreed.

"If me and my wife can ever retire anywhere if we wanted to, Equestria would definitely be the first that would come to our minds." Robert remarked. "I know I love this place quite much already."

"And it has magic." Said his cousin Harry. "Unlike our home." Then he cracked his knuckles on both hands nonchalantly. "It almost feels like I am in a dream, except it's not, it's way too real."

"So Luke." Said Leslie.

"Yeah mom?"

She was rather silent for a few seconds, but she finally replied by saying "we- we really need you back home."

Luke's face slowly turned into a frown. "Yeah buddy. We all miss you back home." His fisher added. "We all know you really love this place, but it's... not the sa,e without you around anymore.

The young human didn't really know what to say about this at first. Then he was about to speak his mind, he wa immediately interrupted by his grandmother. "Don't you miss my sweet spaghetti sauce that you would put your pasta in?"

"Of course grandma." Like said. "But this place is all I can ever ask for. No worries, no problems, no pressures-"

"We know that, my boy." Robert said, gently putting a hand on his right shoulder. "But we are your family."

It made Luke a little conflicted for a second, but he finally said "guys. I came here through a wish from a stark and I finally made it come true. It's nothing against you guys, I just.... really love this place, and Fluttershy has been a really good friend to me."

"We do understand but.... there aren't any Burger King's, McDonalds', KFC, or Wendy's in Equestria, isn't there?" Brad asked his friend.

"Well.... no, but I'm okay with it. Besides, I really like it here. Honest." Luke finished. "Look, I just need to think about it."

"We understand buddy." Said Larry. "But think about how we all miss you back home."

"I know, but, look at how perfect this world is. No terrorist attacks, no corruption, or any of those stuff that's common in our home world."

"You're not wrong, Luke." Said Leslie. "I would never doubt you about that."

"Come on guys, at least we are reunited now. Here we all stand together as a family again." Luke said. "I always think about you guys, and you all know that."

"We know, brother." Said Bobby. "It just feels a little empty without you with us anymore."

"I know. But the ponies in Equestria here have been really nice to me, and give me all the hospitality I need to be here. For some reason, I feel like I should return the favor to Fluttershy, since she is my greatest friend here."

The human looked back at the yellow Pegasus behind him, and she warmly waved at him in a friendly gesture to go with her really cute smile. Luke smiled back to her in return for that. Yes, she and and the ponies sitting with her mean so much to him as much as his friends and family back home.

"Sounds like you really like her." Said Larry. The others made words of agreement with his dad "sounds like she really you back in return. But I don't really think you need to do anything so special to thank her for all the nice things she does for you."

"I do, dad." Luke stated. "It would be the least I can do for her. She is really special to me. Oh! Not saying that she's more special than you, but still."

"We know, Luke." The mother said. "We know that you could never replace us." Then she began thinking about something. "Can we at least drop by here from time to time?"

"That's a great idea, Louise." Larry said to his ex-wife. "If you really want to stay here in a Equestria, maybe there is a way that we can all be happy at once, like visits. That monster that came to our world can always come back there, can he?"

"Oh yeah. Guys, I think that is a great idea."

"Alright everyone!" Celestia called. "It's time for the feast." And they all rushed at the table so they can eat their food. Everyone from ponies to baby dragon to humans all came to the really long table so they can all feast on this holiday.

"Luke, before we eat, is there anything you want to say that you're thankful for?"

"As a matter of fact, Shining, I do." Luke cleared his throat and began "I'm thankful l to have friends and family that I love, from home and here and Equestria. I love you all with every beat of my heart, and thank you Fluttershy for organizing this for me. Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, Spike, Applejack, Rarity, Cloudchaser, Flitter, Lyra, Bon Bon, Pip, Thubderlane, and Rumble. Thank you all for being good friends to me here. And of course I thank the rest of my family for being here with me to celebrate. The same with my closest friends here, Brad, Jacob, and Bobby."

They were all so touched, then Fluttershy couldn't helo. It hug him really tightly and her friends all joined in, and the Luke's family and closest friends of their own joined in as a group, then began eating.

Author's Note:

I decided to make a third part for the next chapter. I am so very sorry for the complete halt in this, but I promise that I will post the third part as soon as I can. Till then, stay tuned for more chapters one of these days!

PreviousChapters Next