• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,657 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,657

PreviousChapters Next
Meeting a Chaotic Creature (edited)

In the park, a little far from where they were discussing about Earth's amazing cryptids, Luke and Rainbow were having a good time playing a head on game of basketball. Luke would have gone swimming if it was summer or maybe spring. Alas, since it was fall, it was too cold for him to swim in any pool outdoors or indoors.

"Come on, Luke." She said. "Show me what you got."

"You too!" It was a rather playful grudge match between them. Rainbow, since she knows that Luke cannot fly, decided not to hover when she was dribbling the ball or when he was, for she knew it would be foul play since he doesn't have any flying abilities whatsoever. Luke dodged as many times as he could from Rainbow to keep the ball from her, and was doing all his best to try and goal for the hoop, but alas, Rainbow got the best of him and took the ball.

She raced towards Luke's part of the field and Luke was blocking her everytime she was about to make a shot at it. He blocked lots of attempts with all his might, but Rainbow made her move, and the ball went straight into the hoop. "Aw yeah!" she cheered. "Go Rainbow! Go Rainbow!" she started to dance the warm in midair while she was hovering. This is exactly what Luke would expect, hence the fact that Rainbow had beaten him thirteen times in a row. He was no Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, or Lebron James. But he didn't care, because he wasn't into sports as much as he is into music or animals, or video games.

"Aw man. You got me again." Luke said. "You're a real pro, Rainbow. I'll give you that. Beaten my all through the rounds.

"Of course I am. I'm the awesomest pony in all of Equestria." She boasted again. She went back on the ground and stretched her arm to him for a hoof bump, or a fist bump to day the least since Luke has hands. "Good job, and good game Luke."

"Thanks." Then he bumped his fist with her hoof. "So what should we do now?"

The cyan pegasus made a cute yawn and replied "i'm pretty worn out. I think i'm gonna take a nap on a cloud."

"Alright. See you soon, Rainbow."

"Bye Luke." Before she went off, she had a thought. "oh, and you should tell me more of those cryptids or monsters, whatever you call them to me and my friends, they would be really fascinated to hear about them."

"yeah, they are called Cryptids. and i would love to share my knowledge of those mysterious creatures."

"good, see ya."Then she flew off with great speed, leaving Luke amazed by her flight as he would usually be. He took his little basketball and decide to go back to Fluttershy's cottage. On the road, he was happy to see everypony in town was as happy as he was. He looked at the castle and the whole town in Canterlot on the side of the mountain north of where Ponyville is. He wondered if he would be able to see the capital of Equestria itself. He sighed at the beauty of the city.

"Howdy, Luke." Said a cowgirl voice. He turned around and saw Applejack coming to greet him.

"Oh, hey Applejack. What's up?"

"I was just looking for you to ask ya if you wanted to help me with my farm tomorrow."

Luke's eyes went wide. "Of course. I would love too. I might as well tell Fluttershy that when I get back."

"Good. I knew you would say yes since you love animals so much."

"I do. I was born an animal lover, and I'll die an animal lover."

Applejack chuckled "that's good. So what's with the basketball?"

"Oh, I was just hanging with Rainbow Dash and we played a few friendly games together. She beat me at everything, I'll tell you that. She is a pro."

"Wouldn't blame you. Rainbow is quite an athlete. Of course she can get carried away, just so you would know. She didn't rub it in your face too much, did she?"

"Well, she was kind of an..... Ego maniac sometimes, but no. She didn't hurt my feelings. She said that it was a good game."

"Oh, good. Rainbow is gifted in her sporting abilities."

"Yeah, she is. So anyway, what kind of work is there to do at Sweet Apple Acres?" He asked curiously. "Helping with pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, and all of that?"

"Uh-huh. All of those things that have to do with farming. Along with picking apples from Sweet Apple Orchard. Those are were all the apples in Ponyville come from. Big Mac, and Applebloom can help out too."

"Nice. Well, see you tomorrow then."

"Bye, Luke. And if you don't want to help out, I understand. Just let me know today or tomorrow if you decided you don't want to help, and we will not take it badly at all."

"Of course I want to help you all out. I promise you."

"Good. See ya." Then they both parted ways. Now Luke can help animals more than he would be able to do than before when he first came here to Equestria. He was walking back to the cottage with the thought of being more helpful to his new friends than ever. Things are definitely going his way, even if everyone can't have their own way all the time, he knew something that he did not want would happen. But he didn't worry about it too much and decided to just be happy with the here and now events.

"My friends are gonna be there too." He sang "I'm on the Highway to Hell. Highway to Hell." He was halted when he heard another voice call to him

"Hey, stranger!" He turned around again and saw a rather small colt, smaller than a lot of foals here in Ponyville that is. He was white with patches of brown spots.

"Oh. Hi" Luke greeted. "What can I help you with, kid?"

"Sorry to bother you, I was want to get to know you. That's all."

"It's okay, you're not bothering. I'm learning to make new friends in Equestria anyway."

"Oh really? Good. My name is Pipsqueak from Trottingham, but you can just call me Pip." He introduced himself. He was talking in a rather British-type of accent, hence the name of the town Trottingham that sounded like the city that Robin Hood took place called Nottingham.

"I'm Luke. Luke Smith, but Luke is my first name, so you can call me that. Nice to meet you, Pip."

"Nice to meet you too, Luke." Pip replied with a smile. "So how long have you been here?"

"A number of days. You see, I came here through a shooting star from my home world, Earth."

"You got here just by making a wish?"

"Ironically, yes. I didn't think it would actually work, but it did anyway."

"Why would you think it wouldn't work?" Pip asked him a little confused

"Well, because..... There is no magic in my world like this one."

"That's boring." Pip remarked. "What good would the world be without any magic at all? A world with total boredom is what it would be."

"I know right." Luke agreed. "This world is definitely more fun than back home. I am rather glad to be here, but I still have a family and friends that are worried about me."

"Oh. that's not good. they might be worried about you." pip remarked with sympathy,

"it's alright. i can handle myself. they just need to stay strong."

"good. Wait, how did you came here from that star if there was no magic?" Indeed, it was a mystery how he would even get here if there was no sign of magic.

"That's a good question. I don't know. Princess Celestia and Luna are working on it?"

"You know them?"

"Of course. They were curious about me too. As a matter of fact, I think everypony around here is, since they have never seen a human in Equestria before"

"Human?"

"Yep. That's the kind of creature I am."

"Wow. That's cool. So where are you staying?"

"At Fluttershy's cottage. That's where I will stay until I can possibly get back in my homeworld. Besides, this world seems so much better than mine. Having magic, monsters, the peace, everything."

Pip knew he was right, even though he didn't even step foot on the human's world, he would agree that this world is much more fun. "I think you're right."

"Well, I might as well be getting back to Fluttershy's cottage now. Awesome meeting you, Pip."

"Nice meeting you too, Luke." The colt happily replied. "I should get back to my home too, my mum is making me zesty cucumber sandwiches for supper." He licked his lips.

"See you soon." Then the colt happily ran back to his house for supper. "Such a nice kid." He thought. Now he went back to Fluttershy's place. Everypony was absolutely nice to him like he was a special guest, not only to Twilight, her friends, or the princess' but to anyone. Now he felt the confidence of finding new friends in Equestria getting bigger and bigger, making him happier. He didn't have much fun playing basketball like that for years, and thought that it was a blast that he just did it again.

When he made it back to the cottage, he was happy to be back home, or his temporary home to say the least. He opened the door and was caught by surprise to see a weird and odd looking creature with Fluttershy. He had many animal parts on him, like some kind of robot parts or something. A pony's head, lion's paw, Dragon's arm, and some other body parts. "Uhh, hello." He said, taken aback by this strange being

"Oh, Luke. Hello. How was it with you and Rainbow Dash?" She asked the human, happy to see him back in the cottage.

"Hey, Fluttershy. It was very fun."

"Oh you must be this... Human that I have heard of." Said the creature. He had a regal voice like a Kelsey Grammer type of accent, or kind of like David Hyde Pierce a little. He disappeared and then reappeared in front of the human, startling him. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Discord, the master of Chaos, at your service." Then he shook Luke's hand hardly.

"Nice to meet you, Discord." The human said uncomfortably. Despite that little awkward moment, he was rather fascinated by this strange monster. "My name is Luke."

"A pleasure to meet you too, Luke." He replied he bowed in respect to the human. "Here, have a mug of iced root beer." Then he created the drink out of thin air and gave it to him

The human gasped with joy. "Wow, thanks," and he drank the first sip

"You are very welcome Luke."

"Discord and I was just having our Tuesday tea together." Fluttershy said to Luke. "Would you like some more Darjeeling, Discord."

"Oh but of course, my dear Fluttershy. Have another round on me, please." Then he changed into a rather formal tuxedo with a snap of his finger with a monocle over his right eye, slurping his hot tea like a gentleman would do it with his pinky out.

"So, Fluttershy. I wanted to tell you something." Luke said, sitting on the couch with her.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Applejack came to me not too long ago and asked me if I would like to help her out with the animals at Sweet Apple Acres with her and her family tomorrow."

"Oh, that's wonderful." She congratulated him. "Thank you for letting me know."

"You won't mind me being a little gone again, do you?"

"Of course not. I want you to be out there making new friends in Ponyville." She remarked. "Can you just help me with the animals breakfasts' tomorrow, first?"

"Sure. Anything for you, Fluttershy."

"Oh Luke, you never let me down." She said happily. "I am so glad to have you stay here with me."

The human was touched by her kind words. "Thanks, Fluttershy. I'm honored to be here."

Discord was having a little sense of jealousy within himself, but he didn't want to hurt Luke. He seems like a nice young human, and he had changed his evil ways, especially the time he tried to send Tree Hugger, another friend of Fluttershy, to another realm out of jealousy. He let the negativity within him go and said "well, why don't you have a seat. We have so much more to talk about my, boy."

"Sure."

"So how do you like your stay in Equestria? Per ce?"

"I love it! It's a little better than my homeworld. It has magic, monsters, more peace on some terms and has everything I could ever want. Not what I expected, but still, I love it!"

"Good. Good. Have to been here long?"

"For a little while to say the least. I have been here for quite a few days from a shooting star and I got transported here by making a wish for me to be in a better world, and here I am now."

"Riser unusual, yet fascinating." Discord remarked. "Well, I like you, Luke. You seem like an intriguing young lad." Then he gave him a pat on his back

"Ow!" Luke exclaimed "that was a little bit too hard."

"Oops sorry."

"It's okay. Just please be more careful. You see, please don't laugh at me, but..... I'm a little sensitive."

"Oh. I understand." Then he pulled Luke close to him, invading the human's personal space. "There is no shame in it."

"Oh yes. We all have our flaws." Fluttershy added

"Yeah, I guess nobody's perfect, especially if they are ponies from Equestria. Or..... Or..... What are you exactly, Discord?"

"What? Oh, I am a Drancequus. That is my species, thank you."

"Right."

"Well, I should be getting back home now. I got lots to do around the house, creating molds on the ceilings, and puking on the stairs."

Luke was a little grossed out by this. "No offense, but you are one of the weirdest type of person I have met and seen in my entire life."

"Hahaha! No offense taken, my boy. I take great pride in being unusual actually. Anyway, Au revoir." Then he disappeared again, back go his house wherever it may be.

"That was kind of cool." Luke said. "I like this guy. He seems fun."

"Oh I know. He can be really funny." Fluttershy said

"Here here."

"Well, would you like to help me give the critters their supper and maybe give them a bath too? I could use a little extra pair of hooves- I mean hands, right?"

"Right." Luke replied with a smile. "Sure. Like I said, anything for you, Fluttershy."

"Wonderful." Then they both went into the cupboard and got out a variety of goodies that consisted of bird feed, fruits and veggies and others. "Now, remember not to feed them too much, okay?"

"Got it. Just tell me when to stop feeding them, alright?"

"Okay." Then they both went to work with the supper feeding. They all the animals knew what was going to happen and they were excited. They all crowded around Luke and Fluttershy and begged for the food to be handed down to them. Some of them even tried to climb on Luke's legs like a bunch of cats wanting attention

Luke chuckled. "Alright alright. Just settle down you guys. My god." The he began to pour the bagged food to some of the critters.

After a few seconds, Fluttershy kindly told him to stop. "That's enough." She said. "Now we move on to the birds inside."

"Sure."

While the animals on the ground were eating their food, Fluttershy and Luke, one at a time, feed some of the bird feed on the houses and perches, making the, all happy. Some of them even perched on Luke's head and shoulders.

"Yes, I know. You're welcome." Luke laughed. "That tickles. They all flew off of hi. To eat some of their supper now.

"Now we just feed the rest, and five them all their baths after they are finished eating." Fluttershy instructed.

"Good."

"Oh, and we can start with Angel Bunny as the first one to have his bath." The white rabbit gasped in horror, and collapsed on the floor, too shocked to even say anything.

Luke chuckled and said to himself under his breath "oh Angle." Then they both went outside to continue the feeding to the outdoor critters outside the cottage. It would be good practice for him to help with Applejack's animals tomorrow at the farm, for they might need as much helping hands as they can get with him helping the apple family.

Author's Note:

So Luke met the Master of Chaos himself. It was unusual, but hilarious at the same time.

PreviousChapters Next