• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,658 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,658

PreviousChapters Next
New Farmboy (Edited)

The next day, Luke was still asleep in his underwear under his sleeping bag. It was nine in the morning, but he was too deep in his dreams to even notice that. Then, his eyes clamped open, remembering what he would do on this fine morning. "Oh my god, I don't wanna be late and keep Applejack waiting." He thought out loud to himself.

"Oh, good morning, Luke." Fluttershy said kindly to him, noticing that he had just woken up.

"Morning, Fluttershy." The human replied to her in a yawn. Then he noticed his breakfast that consisted of an egg, tomato and lettuce sandwich on a plate, next to it was a glass of orange juice to drink from. "Am I too late for Applejack?"

"No silly." The yellow pegasus giggled. "I fixed your breakfast, just the way you want it to be."

"Yeah, I can see that." Then he went over to eat his food to get ready for a new day " the sandwich was at perfection for his taste buds and so was the juice.

Fluttershy then asked him curiously "So, did you have any good dreams in your sleep?"

"Yep. But, I'd rather prefer if I didn't tell you about them. I mean- it's personal, and-"

"Oh I understand perfectly. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. I was just asking, that's all."

"It's okay, I know you're just asking. No biggy." Then he took one last bit of his sandwich.

"Oh my goodness, you already ate it?" The yellow pegasus said in surprise noticing that the food she made him was already gone in an instant. It was like every time she was talking to Luke and having conversations, the sandwich would already disappear out of sight. "You must have been hungry, haven't you?"

"Very hungry." Then he made a burp. "Excusez-moi." He said, patting his belly. "So how about I help you with everyone around here, then I go to Applejack's to help her out. Alright?"

"Of course. Thank you so much for helping me, Luke."

"You're welcome, Fluttershy." He replied with a smile. Then he sniffed his armpit and had a look of mild disgust "and maybe take a little shower after this. Ugh."

Flutterhsy adorably laughed at what he said "no worries." They started with the usual steps, feeding the ones inside before the outside critters.

The birds all chirped happily after Luke poured some feed into their little birdhouses and flew onto both his shoulders "ah, you're welcome guys." Luke said to them.

He was a little under pressure by the animals crowding around him, just begging for some food. Nevertheless, he filled pretty much of their food bowls and a fluttershy fed the other half. He heard a loud thumping on the ground and saw the spoiled bunny himself, Angel, who was looking quite impatient

Luke groaned "alright alright, just relax." Then he poured the special food for his own personal food bowl. "Happy?" He asked the bunny

The white rabbit nodded happily and started eating like a pig than any Lagomorph would eat like. Luke rolled his eyes in slight irritation, but he was happy to feed him anyway cause a fluttershy loved him so much.

He and Fluttershy made an excellent team at animal care and he even thought that he should have been doing this a long time ago. While everu critter was eating their breakfast inside, the two went outside. Fluttershy fed one half of the group, and Luke fed the other. Linus the lion rubbed his face against his side like a house cat would do.

"Yes, I know you're happy, Linus." Luke said to him.

The lion made a low roar at him in reply.

"You're welcome." Then he felt another big cat running against his back. He turned around to see the slightly larger, Tyler the white tiger, also looking quite happy and behaving like a house cat. "Ah, come here, Tyler." Luke said. He petted the tiger multiple times and Linus at once not to make him jealous."

"Aww, isn't that sweet?" Fluttershy said, noticing the cuddling.

"Hey, Fluttershy?"

"Yes?"

"I'm curious about the Discord guy. When I first met him and when I was talking to you, he sounded a little jealous of me. I don't know for sure, call it a hunch."

Fluttershy thought about yesterday, and did notice a slight touch of envy on the Drancequus yesterday after Luke got back from spending time with Rainbow Dash "well, Discord is still trying to know more about friendship from me. You see, he was evil once, but now he's good."

"Yep. That would all make sense to me now."

"But he was happy to have met you mostly. So, don't worry about him, he can be a real sweetheart when you know him."

As Luke put away the feed, he remarked "maybe you're right. One of these days I might spend a little time with him if he comes here again"

"Wonderful idea. He is always more than willing to spend time with me. I am his best friend after all."

Luke smiled "well, I should take that shower now, and go help Applejack after that."

"Of course. Go right ahead and use my bathroom." Fluttershy kindly offered.

"Thanks." The young human wiped his forehead of sweat from the work he did, went inside, and promptly went to the bathroom to clean himself off for the new day.


After the shower back in the cottage, Luke was walking through Ponyville and was halfway there to the Sweet Apple Acres farm. He remembered the way back there when Fluttershy went to introduce him to Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Spike, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and the Apple family who lived there for he had a very good memory of many things once he sees them.

He remembered the path that was the same one as Fluttershy and him walked on, and he was correct, he could see the beautiful farm just right in front of him within yards.

"Ah, there it is." he thought to himself. "Just as I thought it would be at." He smelled the nice and clean air of the whole farm. He humbly stepped through under the arch that was the entrance to the whole area. The fields of golden corn were blooming in the plantation area. He could be at this beautiful piece of land for hours.

"Howdy, Luke." Applejack called in a distance. "You made it." Next to her was her older brother, Big Macintosh.

"Hi guys." Luke greeted. "I told you I would be here." Winona barked happily to see him a second time, which was unusual because the first time she met him, she was very cautious and careful around him. "Oh come here Winona." He was tackled when the dog pounced on his chest and licked his face multiple times "stop that!" He chuckled. Then Winona got off of him.

"She's just happy to see you." Said Applejack.

"Right, well I'm happy to make it here on this fine morning."

"Good. We are so glad that you did."

"Eeyup. Definitely." Big Mac remarked.

"Awesome. So.... what should I do first? bring it on." Luke boldly remarked.

"Well, you can help us feed the pigs if you'd like." Big Mac remarked.

Luke made a silly gasp "Oh my god, I love pigs!" he said.

"Then the pigs will like you." Applejack said with a wink. "So they are right over there, and me and Big Mac can get the feed so we can get started."

"Cool." When they got the feed, Luke asked the two siblings "so where is your little sister..... Applebloom, right? One of the...... Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"Eeyup. That's right." Big Mac answered.

"Applebloom is already done with her chores." Applejack added "Feedin' the chickens."

"Ah, good."

"Hi, Luke." said three filly voices all at once. He turned and saw Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle themselves.

"Speak of the devil." Luke mumbled with a smirk. "Hi girls."

"You made it, Luke." said Applebloom.

"I wouldn't of missed it. Just about to feed the piggies."

"Cool." said Scootaloo. "How was Rainbow Dash yesterday?"

"Awesome."

"Got the feed." said Big Mac, carrying two bags over him. Luke thought to himself that this farm was lucky to have a wall of muscle like Big Macintosh around to help with the work. "You guys ready?"

"Yep." Said Luke and Applejack in unison. The three went over to the pig pen and Luke was very intrigued by how many pigs there were. Many breeds big and small, Yorkshire, Landrace, Berkshire, Gloucestershire old spots, pot-bellies, durocs, and so many other types of pigs. Indeed, he was quite fascinated by them "Hey Applejack, I know this sounds like a stupid question because I'm a man, but are any of these pig aggressive?"

"Oh no. These pigs are real sweethearts, especially Lil Pigginton over there."

Luke saw a large obese boar who's eyes were hard to see. "Wow."

"Why would you think they would be aggressive?" asked Big Mac

"Well, they might not have ever seen a human before. Once again, only human in Equestria right now."

"Oh come now, Sugarcube." Applejack disagreed. "I think they will like you. So there's no need to be afraid of them."

"No no no, I'm not afraid of them." Luke said "I.... I just have a... sensitive side like Fluttershy does, and my skin is sensitive." he felt a little ashamed to admit it. "Besides, I heard that some pigs that are wild and feral can be mean and aggressive, territorial."

"Oh don't worry, You'll be fine. There's no shame in it." said Big Mac.

"Yeah, I know how you feel." Applebloom added. "I remember the first time I saw these pigs, nelly, did they scare the living apples out of me." they all laughed.

"Alright. Well, are we going in there to feed them? or are we just going to go fill it over the trough from the other side?"

"We do it inside. And don't worry, they will like you." Applejack answered. "Oh, and here come some of them now." Like she said, she was right A dozen of the hogs came over to the fence to look at the human thanks to their big curiosity "aww look. What did I tell you?"

"Ah, I think they came because they know they're going to be fed soon."

"That's partly true. Come on, let's get to feedin' y'all." The three went inside the pig Len with the Cutie Mark Crusaders watching them on the opposite side of the fence.

Many of the pigs were giving Luke a warm welcome inside his pen surprisingly. Some of them were rubbing their faces against his pants. The smaller ones tried to climb on him to give him a kiss on his face.

"See, they like ya." Big Mac said. After they dumped the food on the troughs, some of the pigs were still crowding around Luke while the others were eating happily. He got on the ground and let an old spot boar sniff his face, and lick it like a dog. Luke was really liking this sensation with pigs being around him.

"Alright. Alright, sorry guys. But I need to get back to work. Go on, go eat." The the pigs did what he told him to do.

"Well that was nice." Said Sweetie Belle. "I never seen the pigs act like this before."

"I know, that was...... Amazing." Scootaloo agreed.

"Yeah. I guess I just have a special connection with animals, like..... We are the same. I don't know why, but I always loved pigs since I was a baby."

"Wouldn't blame you." Said Applebloom. "Who could possibly hate pigs?"

"Yeah, they're so lovable." Said Applejack.

"What about Rarity?" Scootaloo asked curiously

"Hey! My sister doesn't hate pigs." Sweetie protested "she's..... A little obsessed with clean things and..... Pompous she is."

They all agreed with her. "True that." Big Mac agreed. "She may not be one of those hoity-toity snobs in Canterlot, but she can act like one, that's for sure."

"Tell me about it. I would have to deal with ego from time to time." Said Applejack. "Well, we might as well move on to the sheep pen now."

"Perfect." They walked a little far away from the pig pen, and Luke saw a fenced area with a dozen type of sheep. It mostly consisted of merinos, Cheviots, Suffolk, katahdin, and a few others. They were equally surprised when they saw Luke, but didn't go all that excited about it.

"Hey, what's this?" A ewe bleated. Luke's eyes went wide

"A talking sheep?" He thought.

"It looks like a gigantic hairless gorilla mixed with a pig." Another one said

"Ma!" Applejack scolded "he's no monkey or a pig. He's a human."

"Sorry AJ" the first ewe said "we just never seen a creature like him before. That's all."

"Perfectly understandable." Luke remarked. "I came from another world by a shooting star. That's how I got here in Equestria."

They all bleated to one another. "Well, what's your name, human?" Asked a ram

"Luke."

"Well, nice to meet you, Luke."

"Well, here's the food you would want." Said Applejack. They went through the fence gate, and poured their feed.

Many sheep were getting a closer look on him and examine this unusual species "where did you come from?" Asked one sheep

"And what is it like?" Asked another

These questions were a little too overwhelming that it was making him feel uncomfortable "okay okay. I know you're very curious about me, but please, one at a time." Then one after another, after another, the sheep apologized to the human. "It's fine. Now, let me fill your trough."

Then part of the flock promptly stepped aside for the human to dump the food for them. "Bon apetite."

Thank you." They all bleated at him with gratitude.

This made Luke feel more grateful than before. Then he rejoined with the others.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you. How was it with Rainbow Dash yesterday?" Applejack asked him.

"It was really fun. We had talk about cryptids from my world, and played basketball, and let me tell you, she beat me at every round, even without using her wings."

"She's awesome. What would you expect?" Scootaloo pointed

Luke chuckled "That's true, Scootaloo. She was a little.... to proud of herself to say the least, but she said good game."

"Well, that's just like her." Applejack agreed. "Can't have a game without Rainbow acting like a bit of an ego maniac when her opponent loses."

Luke chuckled "tell me about it."

"Um, Luke?" Applebloom asked

"Yeah, what is it?"

"What is a..... cryptid thing?"

"It's a monster or a creature that might or might exist. Some of them are a real page-turner.

"Oh. Do you think you can tell us sometime? I want to know if they really are interesting to know about." Sweetie Belle asked

"Yeah!" The kids agreed.

"And i'm pretty sure that maybe we would like to hear about them. Rainbow told me about these..... monsters yesterday after you went back to Fluttershy's. And some of these are real page-turners indeed."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"I think i will." Luke said proudly "well, enough of that. What next? Are there any cows here?"

"No. But we would occasionally get visitors that are cows and bulls." Big Mac clarified

"Oh right. I remember you say that cows, bulls, bison, and buffalo can talk too."

"Exactly. So why don't you help out with the apple harvesting in the orchard, then maybe we can feed the ducks and chickens after that."

"Okay, Applejack." Luke said.

Then they all went to the large orchard to pick the delicious, red apples from the branches. Being a farm boy for Luke just made his stay in Equestria even better.

PreviousChapters Next