• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,662 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,662

PreviousChapters Next
The Human Confesses to the Pegasus

Many days have passed, and Luke was just listening to holiday tunes on his iPod while gazing outside the downstairs window at the ongoing snowfall in the morning. The white blanket of snow still made it beautiful in winter, but of course he hoped it wouldn't be so much that he would be snowed in. "Ah, the pegasus ponies wouldn't ever do that too anyone." he thought to himself.

Angel bunny was just resting on his favorite bed, taking a little nap. The Human looked over at the sleeping rabbit, and mildly scowled at him.

“Heh, sspoiked little rabbit, aren’t you Angel?” Luke muttered to himself. And when he turned himself back to seeing the snowfall, something hard hit him I. The back of his head “Ow!” He exclaimed.

Looking over at where it just came from, he saw Angel looking awake instead of sleeping, whistling innocently. The Human looked at the floor and it was a small rock that hit the back of his head.

“Grr, you behave yourself Angel, because you sir, are only my list right now.”

Angel blew a raspberry rudely at Luke and then immediately went back to sleep, snoring little grunt noises as he was back in his little dreamworld.

“Ugh. Whatever.” Luke said with an irritated sigh. Now he felt like getting another cup of hot chocolate with this little marshmallows floating in them to make it more traditionally during try cold, winter holidays.

After he was finished, he took a sip and loved every taste of that deliciousness us beverage, and had blankets wrapped all over him, except for his head while he was only wearing his boxers. Fluttershy came back inside from the s key wesrher she faced while going on a few errands.

“Brrr, it’s cold out there.” Said the yellow Pegasus as she put away her coat and hat on the hook. “I honestly hope the animals that are hibernating are okay right now.”

“I’m sure they are right as rain, Fluttershy.” Luke said boldly. “Besides, Harry, and other animals that are hibernating, dug some pretty deep holes down the ground. I’m sure the freezing weather won’t hurt them one bit.”

The yellow Pegasus made her usual cute smile on that adorable little face of hers? “Oh you’re right.” She admitted with a giggle. “So I got some more root beer for you, and some more ice in the freezer.”

“Matnifique.” Luke said, taking another sip of his hot chocolate. Without paying attention, some hot chocolate spilled on his shirt, where his tummy was, and yelled in pain. “Ah! Oh! Oh! Oh! Ow ow ow! Hot!” Luke bounced around in pain. “Hot!”

Fluttershy gasped and asked “what happened? Did you spill some hot chocolate on yourself?”

“Yes!” Luke said in agony. “God Damn it! It stings like hell!” And he took off his shirt and there was a small burn mark on his stomach, and even though he couldn’t see it, there were some drops that went in his belly button. “Ow god, that hurts!” He grunted.

“Oh no.” Fluttershy Said. “That looks like a burn mark. Hold on, let me get my first aid kit.” And she was about to get her medical set, but the Human stopped her from doing so

“No, it’s okay.” He Said. “I know a trick that can help with that.” And he went outside without his jacket and put some snow under his shirt while sitting down. “Oh, that feels so much better.” He sighed, slowly feeling the burning pain go away.

Fluttershy kinda looked on in confusion and asked “That is nice thinking, but can I please use my first aid kit on you just in case?”

“Well Alright.” Luke said “But i’m Keeping some snow under my shirt just in case like a bag of ice would help.”

“Okay.” The Human sat on the couch again and let the yellow Pegasus do her thing. Luke took out the small latch of snow he was using and then Fluttershy sprayed some rubbing alcohol on it, causing him to scream in pain.

Fluttershy felt really guilty for trying to unintentionally hurt her close friend, and even felt like shedding tears from her face. “Oh Luke.” She said. “I know it hurts, but it helps.”

“I know, Fluttershy.” Luke said. “Just don’t take so long, okay?”

“I’ll try Luke, i’ll try to make it a a quick as possible.” The Pegasus mare clarified. Another thing she did was put some lotion on the burn mark above his belly button. With every rib, Luke was grunting and gritting his teeth feeling more pain. “Are you okay, Luke?” She asked him

“Don’t worry about me Fluttershy.” Luke smiled. “Ah! Just keep doing what you know how to do.”

“Alright.” And she continued rubbing his belly for many long minutes, and she was finished. “Okay, i’m all done now.”

“Finally.” And Luke promptly put the piece of snow on his belly to ease the swelling on it. With this, he won’t get an infection from it, and it wouldn’t be so sore the next morning when he wakes up.

“So, are you going to the Ponyville Winter Fair?” The yellow Pegasus Asked him curiously while having some tea to drink for herself.

“Oh yeah. It will be fun, I know it. Heck, I even wonder how Pinkie will make it even more fun and exciting.”

Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle at that statement. “I agree. Pinkie does know how to throw a party and make it better.”

“Yeah, I haven’t even forgot about that Thanksgiving event weeks ago that you all did for me. Speaking of which, can my family come there too?”

“That would sound wonderful. I would love to see your closest friend and family again.” And she added a little more lemon juice in her herbal tea. “Oh, and you can play a concert that would fit the holiday spirit in Hearth’s Warming.”

“Perfect idea, Fluttershy!” The Human Agreed While eating a few of those little marshmallows that were not in the hot chocolate. “I even hear the princess’ will even be there, am I right?”

“Yes. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna always attend the Ponyville Winter Fair every year. We would build some shires outside of Ponyville near Sweet Apple Acres and do fun activities like making snow angels the fastest and vote on which one looks the best.”

“What else do you guys normally do in the Winter Fair?”

“We do ice skating and a snowboarding competition for the small hills, a snowpony contest, and all drink some hot chocolate to keep us all warm outside without getting sick. It will be so much fun, I know you’ll love it.”

“Let’s hope that the Pegasus ponies don’t snow us in to make us miss it, eh?”

The yellow Pegasus laughed again and replied “You know they would never do that.” And she went to make herself a zesty cucumber sandwich. "Besides, even if we do get snowed in, we can always light this fire up whenever we get too cold."

"Excellent point, Flutters." And he took yet another sip of his warm beverage, starting to cool down and becoming less hot. At least he won't have to worry about burning himself by mistake like a few minutes ago, and the marshmallows still tasted as delicious as ever when he touched his tongue to them.

"So Luke, are you feeling okay?"

"Of course." Luke replied with a confused. "I can assure you that I am perfectly fine, besides, I kinda suffered worse than a small burn mark on my skin. Like one times when I was a kid, I scraped my leg on the street after crashing my bicycle."

The yellow pegasus had a look thinking how painful that was. "Oh my." she said. "that does sound worse. Did you cry?"

Luke felt rather uncomfortable, and remembered how painful it was that a fountain of tears did stream out of his eyes from how painful it was. "No." Luke lied defending himself. Fluttershy gave him a rather skeptical look on her cute little face. Realizing it wasn't good to lie to his closest friend here in Equestria, he sighed, and admitted "Yes." and he slightly turned away from her.

"Luke, it's okay to cry, and you know it's not really good to hold in all those kind of emotions, right?"

"Right. Sorry for lying to you."

She smiled warmly at him and replied "It's okay Luke." and she patted his shoulder with her hoof very softly. These feelings of Fluttershy as his soul mate came back to Luke, and felt stupid just thinking about this, and the shoulder tapping for comfort from her wasn't making it any better for him.

"I'm pretty messed up right now." he thought to himself. "Ah but come on, like I said before, I'll tell her how I feel at the Winter Fair. That's when I will express how I feel about her." And Fluttershy stopped petting his shoulder.

"So, would you like some more hot chocolate?" she kindly offered him.

"Yes, please." Luke said. "But not too hot, please? I don't want to melt my tongue off."

Fluttershy made another cute giggle. "Don't worry, I know how you like your cocoa." and she hovered to the kitchen to fetch her roommate his request, and added a few extra marshmallows in them to make her friend extra happy. When it was finished, Luke kindly enjoyed the second cup of hot cocoa.

When he was finished, the yellow pegasus had an idea. "I know another way to keep us warm for the winter."

"What's that?"

"I have a humidifier in the bathroom." she answered him with an eager smile.

"Like in a steam room?"

"Hmm-mm."

"How did I not notice that before?" he muttered to himself. "That does sound fun."

"Wonderful, I'll start it up right now."

"I'd better get undressed and get a towel to cover.... you know."

"I understand. You go ahead and do what you need to do." Then she went upstairs to start up her humidifier for some quality time with Luke, along with some animal friends that wanted to go in there with her. Luke came back in, and waved his hair a few times to get out of his face, and he was wearing nothing but a towel, and sat down next to the yellow pegasus

Both he and Fluttershy sighed in relaxation, along with a couple of raccoons, beavers, and other small varieties of animals joined in on the fun. "Oh yeah, that hits the spot." Luke said. "This was a really good idea, Fluttershy. Steam really hits the spot in a cold winter day."

"Yes it certainly does." she agreed with him. "It's so relaxing, don't you think?"

"Yep. A votre sante." he said, putting his hands behind his head. They both continued this heavenly activity, relaxing in the steam having no worries going about their heads. all of the participants were surrounded by steam and it went on for thirty long minutes.

After that, Luke decided to have enough, for he didn't want to look like a dried up prune. Fluttershy thought the same and when the human was about to go change, his towel suddenly flew down. He looked down and made a girly scream

"Ah! I'm naked! no one look at me!" and he covered where his certain body part was. Fluttershy and the animals covered their eyes and Luke went to put his underwear back on. "Whew, sorry about that. You can all look now." Just like that, they all reopened their eyes back up.

"Are you okay, Luke?"

"Yeah, I just don't know what happened. I tied the towel really good on me." then a small chittering was heard and the human noticed Angel snickering. "Oh, you little sneak!" Luke said. "You pulled that towel down from my body!"

All Angel could do was whistle and pretend to be innocent.

"Angel Bunny!" Fluttershy scolded her rabbit friend. "That was not very nice! Go downstairs for a timeout, and no dessert for you tonight!"

The rabbit pouted and hopped away downstairs.

"I am really sorry about that, Luke. I had no idea Angel would try and do that to you."

"It's okay. As long as it was in front of you guys, and no other humans to see that. My friends would have guffawed at me if they were here."

“I had no idea all humans are supposed to wear clothes in public.” Fluttershy remarked

“Yeah, walking completely naked with nothing covering your birthday suit would be called indecent exposure, and like I have mentioned before, it is illegal on my world to... roam free without any clothes on your back.”

“And If remember correctly, there are some beaches in the world where you can go naked without clothes on?”

“That’s right. Nude beaches can be found in many places.”

“Hmm. It does sound interesting.” Then after they were done with the steam, both went to get the animals who weren’t hibernating some lunch and a heater for every stall, and the chicken coup with some blankets to keep them from getting a cold.


The Ponyville Winter was here at last. Everypony H Ponyville was all attending this wonderful event and the holiday party was on full swing. There was skating on the frozen lake, skiing and or snowboarding on the hills close to town, and bobbing the apples to go with it.

A rather large stage was all set for Luke to perform his song. He knew exactly what he was going to sing and or play on there when the time comes.

Meanwhile, Luke saw Fluttershy getting some hot cocoa, and was just about ready to go over there and confess to her about his true feelings around her. Something stopped him however, and it turned out to be the rest of his closest friends.

“Hey Luke!” Rainbow Said. “We hear your going to tell Fluttershynhow you feel about her.”

“Oh god, please don’t tell me you are going to rub it in my face and make fun of me for it.” Luke mildly groaned in irritation.

“No, of course not. Why in the world would you think that, Luke?” Applejack Said.

“Becasue we’re different species.”

“Well that’s true, but I think this is really cute and sweet that you have so much affection for her.” Rarity Said.

“Can you all blame me?” Luke asked them all. “She is the very first friend I ever made near and she’s special to me. She’s like....”

“Like what?” Asked Pinkie curiously.

“That she’s the heaven in my hell.” Luke remarked.

“Ooh, That is pretty deep stuff, dude.” Rainbow admitted. “But come on, who knows? Maybe she will totally except you.”

“No it won’t.” The Human disagreed. “We’re different and it will never work out between us. Why I am doing this is that because I need to get it out of my system.”

“We understand perfectly.” Said Lyra. “Just go and talk to her.”

“Right.” The Human had a determined look on his face and humbly walked over to the yellow Pegasus. “Fluttershy, can I talk to you for a second, please?”

“Sure.” And she followed the Human make to a section of he party where not a lot of other ponies were having a blast at. “So what is it, Luke?”

The Human was hesitant to say this, but he wanted to get it out of his head. “Fluttershy.... please don’t laugh at me for this, but... I.... I...”

“Yes?”

“I love you, okay?” He admitted. “Fluttershy, I... have a crush on you” and he knelt on one leg, looking like he was getting ready to ask Fluttershy for her girly hoof in marriage. “You have He most beautiful eyes like the color of the springtime, and your mane is so beautiful.”

She flushed and felt really touched by this.

“Fluttershy, you are one of the greatest things that ever happened to me in my life, and... I want us to be together closer than ever. I love you, and you are the heaven in my hell.”

“Oh, Luke. That is so sweet of you,” she replied. “I never thought I would actually hear you say that.”

The Human had a look of hope on his face.

“But... we can’t be together.” She said sadly. Just like that, Luke’s spirit went all the way down to his feet. “It just can’t work out. You’re... a human, and I am a pony.”

“Ah, I knew you were going to say that.” Luke gripped. “Agh! I am such a moron.” He said to himself, kicking a small amount of snow into the air. “What the hell was I thinking, goddamnit!”

“Luke, I am really flattered, and you are the sweetest human ever, but... it just can’t happen between us.” And she tried to comfort him about this. “But thank you for telling me the truth. I really appreciate it.”

At this, Luke never felt so ashamed and hurt like this. He may have got it out of his chest, and he was glad of it, but he can’t help but feel some sadness inside of him. “You’re welcome. He sighed. “I’m sorry if I said that to you.”

“Oh Luke it’s okay.” She softly and warmly reassured him while putting a hoof on his shoulder. “But we can still be friends, right?”

“Yeah, good friends, right?”

“Of course.” And he felt a tear run down his cheek.

Fluttershy noticed and frowned. “Luke, please don’t cry.” She said.

“What? I’m not crying.” Luke lied to her. “I... I just need to be alone for a bit.” And he walked away into the night.

“Hey Luke, what’s the matter?” Spike said, with he and others running up to him. “Did you ask her.”

“Yes.” Luke admitted. “She doesn’t love me back.” And he made a sudden stop.

“Oh Luke. We’re so sorry.” Cloudchaser said in sympathy. “Really, we all are.”

“No it’s perfectly alright guys. I am a fool just as tiring those kind of feelings for her.”

“Ah don’t say that.” Twilight Said. “It’s okay if you felt that way, remember?”

“Yes but... it still hurts.” And he sighed again. Then he continued out into the night to be alone for a little while. Another tear escaped his face and when it fell on the snowy ground, it was in a shape of a broken heart.

PreviousChapters Next