• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,659 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,659

PreviousChapters Next
More Touring (Edited)

Everypony was growing more relaxed and tolerable seeing Luke more and more often. The staring did still continue from some of the other inhabitants. But the human didn't care, because he was glad that many of them were getting used to him being in town.

"So, what kind of fast food do you have here, Fluttershy?"

"We have a place called the Hayburger down the street on the other side of Ponyville." She replied. "It's a rather delicious place to eat some hayburgers if anypony wants any."

"Hayburgers, huh? I can't really eat hay. It's.... not really fit for my mouth and it might damage my teeth, since I am not a pony after all."

"What kind of burgers do you in your world if it is not hay?" Fluttershy asked curiously

"Well.... they are called hamburgers, and added with American cheese, you get a cheeseburger for it. You see.... they are... how should I?.... no, I shouldn't tell you."

"Oh, but I insist." Fluttershy begged softly.

"Well, okay. To say it without frightening you, it is also meat. One, two, or even three grilled meat patties in a burger and it can come with cheese." He answered nonchalantly.

"Oh. I see." Fluttershy said uncomfortably.

"See. I knew you would feel squeamish if I told you this." He quietly cursed at himself without her hearing it. "Sorry if I made you sick."

"Oh no. You did not make me sick." She reassured. "I understand if it's a custom to your world to eat meat. And I do understand that you are an omnivore. It just surprised me."

"Oh, really?" Are you sure I didn't make you sick?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Don't worry, you didn't. So, I think we should keep going."

"Yeah, good idea." Then they continued going through town together. "Oh, and Fluttershy."

"Yes?"

"I forgot to tell you that in my world, we have humans that are vegetarians and don't eat meat. Only fruits and vegetables. Actually they can eat other foods like dairy or sweets unless if they are vegans. I thought it should help you feel better and not think of my kind as savages."

"Oh. That's good to hear. And I don't think you are a monster. What give you a silly idea like that?"

"Nothing." He replied. "I just wanted to make you feel more comfortable and less disturbed by food on Earth, well my earth, I mean."

"It's alright. Really. It's perfectly okay with me."

Luke smiled. "That's good to hear."

The human got a good glimpse of the city hall. Then an earth mare with white curly hair and glasses came out the door. "Oh! My goodness." She noticed the young man.

Luke was a little startled, and his heart pounded. His butterflies flew back in his stomach.

"So, you are the creature that everypony is talking about." Said the mare, walking up to the human to get a good look at him.

"Uhhhh, yeah. That's me. But, I promise you, I mean you and everyone else no harm." Luke explained as calmly as possible

"Oh i know, deary." She replied. "I just wanted to see you for myself, that's all. My sincere apologies, but I am afraid we haven't introduced ourselves yet." She cleared her throat "my name is Mayor Mare, and you probably realized that I run this town."

"Mayor 'Mare'. Hahaha. I get it." He recognized that little pun. "Anyway, the name's Luke. Luke Smith, miss Mayor."

"Well, nice to meet you, Luke" she said happily. "So, we are all very curious about you, you know?"

"Oh yeah. I definitely noticed that. Well, i would like to tell you about me, but I think it would take all day, and you probably have some work to do since you, you know, run the town, miss Mayor?"

She made a small groan and rolled her eyes while she replied "I do. I have so much paperwork to do, and you are absolutely right, I do got a city to keep." She winked.

"Well, we might as well be going now. I want to show Luke the rest of Ponyville, mayor." Fluttershy noted

"I understand, Fluttershy. It was wonderful meeting you, Luke. I hope you will enjoy your stay in Ponyville"

The autistic human smiled "i'm pretty sure I will. So, see you soon, miss mayor." Then they went back to walking around the town. This was turning out for Luke easier than he thought it would be. "So, Fluttershy, I wonder. Does Angel always have to be so.... what's the word, spoiled?"

"Oh no. Angel is not spoiled at all." she replied. "Well... most of the time, he's not. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I get the feeling he doesn't like me very much." He rubbed the back of his head, feeling a little uncomfortable and regretting mentioning that to her. "I don't know. I'm just saying is all. Sorry."

"No, it's perfectly alright, Luke. No need to apologize."

"Okay." Then he noticed a building with an old fashion sign like some countries that England and France above their doors. I had a quill and some couch of some sort. "Quills and sofas?" He said. "What kind of a place is that?" He thought it was a little silly combination in a store.

Fluttershy looked at where he was looking and said "well, I think might have notice, it sells quills, couches, bed mattresses, and chairs. Oh, and along with writing quills."

"Hmm. I like how many of these buildings are like old-fashioned and all of that."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, many signs in home where I come from are electric, and some big cities like New York have telescreens for advertisement."

"Really? Is it colorful?"

"It is very colorful when it's nighttime. The place is called Times Square, and it's a place for many people to celebrate New Year's Day because there is a large screen that counts down the clock when it comes, then fireworks go off, and everyone goes wild."

"That's amazing. You're world sounds like a very interesting place to see."

"Oh I agree." Luke said. "Well, not everywhere is a nice place, you know?"

"Goodness yes." Fluttershy admitted sadly. "There's a place next to Ponyville called the Everfree Forest. It has many scary and strange creatures."

"Really? What kind?" Luke asked curiously.

"Well, I would rather..." She gulped "not tell you about it. I'm very terrified by it."

"Oh, alright. I understand."

"Fluttershy! Luke! hello." Called a voice. It was Twilight and Spike, who was riding on her back so he wouldn't have to walk.

"Oh, hello, Twilight." She replied.

"Hey, Twilight." The human added

"We were just looking to see what you guys might be up to at the moment."

"Oh, I was showing Luke a little more of the town. He's growing really fascinated by it."

"Really? So, how is it going, Luke?"

"It's doing awesome. I met a couple of ponies and they liked me. Very friendly."

"That's good to hear." Spike said. "So what did you see?"

"Eh, town hall, the Hayburger, and Quills and Sofas. To be honest, I think that's kind of a funny name for a store."

"I know! I mean, what kind of store has those only two things?" Spike agreed

Twilight giggled "oh, Spike. So I kind of researched you in the library, Luke. I must say I am quite fascinated by the humans"

"Really? Wait, where did you look?"

"I actually been to a world that has people like you?"

"Spike added "me too",

"Really?" Luke asked fascinatingly. "You been to my home?"

"Well, not exactly your world, but it was very similar, and it was like how you would like normal lives everyday."

a World similar to Luke's that's connected to Equestria? Now that was very peculiar. "Wow.do- you think you can take me there Twilight? I'm very curious to see what it looks like."

"Well... Maybe sometime when I am not so busy, okay?"

"Oh" The human was a little bummed that he doesn't get to see it now. But he was fine with it. "I understand."

"So, we were planning on having a picnic together with me, Fluttershy, and our friends. Would you... Like to join us?"

"I would love to. When?"

"A little later on." Spike answered.

"Good. Good. I hope there aren't any hay in the food, because I can't eat hay. My mouth doesn't really have the kind of structure for eating hay or oats."

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry, you won't have to eat any of that."

"Good."

"Well, see you in a little while then. Me and Spike got to get back to the castle."

"Okay, see ya soon, guys." Luke said.

"Bye Spike, Bye Twilight." Fluttershy said

"See you later, Fluttershy." The purple Alicorn replied to her in return, then she went back to her home with Spike still riding on, humming whimsically as she trotted.

"Let's continue, shall we?" Fluttershy said to him. Their next stop was at a train station with a rather adorable train, just about ready to leave.

"Wow, that's cool." Luke said. "This train looks more... Happy than back in my world. Is it a passenger train?"

"Of course. This is where many visitors from Canterlot or other cities in Equestria come to visit often."

"Nice. Do you get visitors in Ponyville often?"

"Yes. We have many visitors arriving here everyday. Not as much as Canterlot, but we do get alot."

"Cool."

They both headed to their next destination where there was something like a building with a court jester hat. "That' a funny looking building." He remarked. "What is it, Fluttershy?"

"This is the joke shop."

Then Luke realized the hat and remembered hearing a joker like in ace of spades. Now he understood it completely. "Now, I get it. Joke shop as in 'joker' hahaha."

"Yes. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash love coming here so they can pull some pranks if they want to."

"Pranks. Why do you hate this place?"

"I don't really hate it." Fluttershy modestly said "I... I don't like getting pranked. I'm sensitive to that."

"Oh. I understand. You know, to be honest, I don't like getting pranked and tricked either."

"Really?"

"Really really."

"That's makes two of us then." They both laughed at that remarked

"Yeah. I know." They went on to many other places to look at, the arcade, the bowling alley, spa, and other places. Then they decided to have enough, and sat on a bench to take a break. "Thank you for showing me this place, Fluttershy. I really love it here."

"Oh you are very welcome, Luke." She replied.

Luke rested his feet on the ground and relaxed in the nice fresh air. He looked at the castle in Canterlot on the side of the mountain under the sun. Luke could never get enough of the beauty. From the moment he first came here, he felt like an alien or an outcast to this beautiful world, but now he has began to understand that he has nothing to worry about. Well, almost nothing. He still has his family and friends back home, and wondered if they would be okay without him for a while.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked

"Wha? Oh yeah, yeah, i'm fine. I was just thinking if all my friends and family back home are okay. I just hope they are okay since I came here. They probably all miss me so much."

Fluttershy put a comforting hoof on the human's hand, and said gently "don't worry, Luke. I'm pretty sure they are okay. Besides, you have your little phone with you."

"Yeah. That's true. Princess Celestia and Luna said they would figure something out, right?"

"Of course. They will do anything they can to help you. I promise."

"I know you do"

"Hey, Fluttershy." called a voice. They both looked to see who it was, and there was two pegasus mares that looked identical like sisters. One of them had a pretty cool hairstyle and it reminded Luke something a little rock n roll. With them were a black pegasus stallion with like a buzz cut type of mane. With him was a rather adorable grayish white pegasus colt with no cutie mark on his flanks, yet.

"Oh, hello Cloudchaser and Flitter. Hello to you too, Thunderlane and Rumble."

"Hey, Fluttershy." The sister with the cool mane replied. "We hope we are not bothering with you about anything."

"Oh no of course not." The yellow pegasus replied.

"We just wanted to meet this cool alien here." The colt said, looking at Luke.

"Rumble." The black stallion gently scolded him. "That's not very nice."

"No. It's alright." Luke replied calmly. "That's kind of the reason why i'm out here with Fluttershy, so I can meet new faces."

"Oh. That's good." The black stallion remarked.

"I'm Cloudchaser."

"I'm Flitter."

"Name's Thunderlane."

"And i'm Rumble."

"Nice to meet all of you. And um, Cloudchaser, right?" He referred the older sister of the pair

"Hmm-mmm."

"I hope I am not being weird, but I really like your mane. It looks really cool."

"Oh. Thanks. It's awesome ain't it?"

"Very awesome."

"So, what's your name?" Flitter asked

"Luke. Luke Smith. I know, it sounds a little weird, but it is my name."

"Well, nice to meet you, Luke." Thunderlane remarked kindly.

The human smiled "it is nice to meet all of you too. Now I know we just met, but i would still like you to know that I am not a monster. I mean, sure I'm from another world, but not, I'm not a monster."

Cloudchaser smiled "don't worry." She said. "We know you're not a monster. We've heard alot about you from Lyra, Bon Bon, Rainbow Dash, and other ponies around here. Besides, we like you already."

"Thanks that means alot."

"You're welcome." Flitter replied. "Anypony who is a friend of Fluttershy and her friends is a friend of ours."

"Right." Thunderlane agreed. "And yeah, you seem like a really cool dude. And that sure you wear looks really awesome too." Then the other three closely looked at his Appetite for Destruction shirt.

"Hmm, Guns N' Roses?" Rumble said curiously. "Are they a band?"

"Yeah, one of the greatest bands ever to exist. In my world, well I mean my world."

Cloudchaser and Flitter looked closely at the skulls of the band members. "They look awesome." Said Flitter.

"Are these guys like a rock band?"

"Heck yeah. A rock/metal band. They... Kind of broken up years ago, but now, they are back."

"Really?" Thunderlane asked "that's awesome. I really wish we can listen to them. They look like really good musicians."

Rumble added "me too. They look really cool."

"They are."

"Well, we might as well be going now. Nice meeting you, Luke." Cloudchaser concluded

"Yeah, really nice." Flitter added.

"See you soon, and we should hang some time." Thunderlane added

Then the colt said "see you later Luke. You're awesome." Then he gave the human a hug on his leg. He was experiencing a cuteness overload with this, but he liked it anyway.

"Thanks Rumble. See you all soon." Then the four went down the road as he and Fluttershy kept sitting.


It was a little later during the day, and Luke was just sitting alone out of the picnic rug while the others were eating their food. "Come on, Luke. Join us!" Pinkie said

"Oh, that's okay. I don't want to get in your guys' way or anything."

"Don't be silly." Said Fluttershy. "You would never get in the way with anything when it comes to being our friend."

Her words really touched the human "well... Okay." Then he sat in the group and he ate a few baegettes and thought it was rather good. He felt like going on a vacation somewhere in France or what not. "So, Twilight, I wonder. I heard about this place called the Everfree forest."

"What about it?" Asked the purple Alicorn.

"Well, Fluttershy said it had many strange and scary creatures. I'm just a little curious myself because I like cool things like that."

Twilight tried to think of what creatures there were. "Well, they have manticores, they are a-"

Luke gasped "manticore? They live hear?"

"You know about em?" Applejack asked curiously

"Yah, I studied a book of mythological creatures and the manticore was one of them. Please don't judge me, but I like looking at weird and freaky things."

"That does sound a little.... Unusual for me, but I will not judge you. I promise.

"Me neither." Said Rainbow.

"Yeah, we understand, Luke." Spike added.

"So, the point is, you must never go to that forest, you'll never know what you will find in there," Twilight warned

"Is it that dangerous?"

"Oh yeah." Rainbow added. "Very dangerous."0

"Oh, well, if you put it that way I believe you."

"Good." Said Fluttershy. Then they all went back to eating their lunch.

PreviousChapters Next