• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,659 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,659

PreviousChapters Next
Luke's First Nightmare Night (Costume)

Ah, it was that time of year again, Halloween, one of everyone's favorite holidays next to Christmas. Of course, this was for Luke's homeworld only. For Equestria, no, Equestria has it's own version of halloween, called Nightmare Night. It was Equestria's definition of celebrating a day where they can dress up as monsters, demons, or anyway they want to dress up like, anything hellish.

Of course, it was only a few days away until the national Equestrian holiday would officially commence. It was in the afternoon when Luke was helping with decorating some parts of Ponyville.

He wasn't alone on setting the Decorations. Cloudchaser, Flitter, Thunderlane, and Rumble were having a hoof at it, too so they can help put the decorations right below the ceilings of houses and stores. Of course there would be jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, and other type of decorations similar to Halloween. It wasn't that hard, mostly because the four pegasus ponies were helping him with putting decorations on the heights heights he couldn't reach since they have wings after all.

"A little more to the left Cloudchaser, Flitter." Luke instructed the sisters.

Both the sisters moved the ghost and jack-o-lantern decorations over the entrance to Town Hall. "How's this?" asked Flitter?

"A little more to the right, aaaaand.... right there! Perfect!" He gave the double thumbs up to them from the ground. Both the sisters humbly hovered back on the ground. "Nice job you guys."

"Thanks, Luke. Have you ever celebrated Nightmare Night before?" said Cloudchaser

"Nope, this is my first time actually. Besides, there is still a couple days to go." Luke remarked. "It's like a similar holiday we have back in my home. It's called Halloween. It's like NIghtmare Night, scary stuff, dressing up as monsters, bobbing apples, blah blah blah all that."

"Do you celebrate it?" asked Flitter

"I love Halloween! It's one of my favorite holidays this time of year. I like scary, dark stuff, and many types of monsters like werewolves, vampires, goblins, gremlins, aliens, and all of that. The same thing with superheroes and supervillains, too. Many kids in my world like to dress up as those kinds of people from comic books.

"That's cool." said Cloudchaser. "What are you gonna be? A Changeling, a Diamond Dog?, A Manticore?"

Luke had an eyebrow raised over his eye, and replied sheepisly and modestly "Well.... I don't know if I would want to dress up.... it's kid stuff to me."

"Ah, maybe going around Ponyville from door to door to get free candy may be child things, but there's nothing wrong with dressing up." Cloudchaser added. "Come on." she wrapped her arm around his shoulders while hovering in midair.

The human was thinking about it, and he ultimately said "Well, i would like to wear like an actual costume, like, something looking so realistic and CGI-like, you know, like in movies and stuff? And the makeup department and all of that."

"yeah i get what you mean." said Flitter. "Don't those things cost a lot of money though?"

"Oh yes. As a matter of fact, there is a creature that I would really love to cosplay as. It's called Predator, a fictional alien from a movie that looks so freaky with four mandibles over his mouth, dreadlocks for hair, and lots of weapons and gadgets for hunting it's victims. the last time I checked at an actual costume, it was around three thousand dollars."

"What?" both sisters said in disbelief

"Good grief, that is expensive." said Cloudchaser

"Why would good looking costumes like that be worth a fortune?" asked Flitter

"because they look very well done, and in many cases, they were the real costumes that the actors would wear in the movies. That's why it is so valuable."

"That would make sense." said Thunderlane, coming back on the ground with his little brother. "It would be nice if they didn't cost so much dough." Meanwhile, Rumble was having trouble lifting a large pumpkin over his back. He was a small foal after all, and that pumpkin looked so big.

Luke chuckled and gave him a helping hand. "Here, I'll get that for you."

He smiled "Thank you Luke."

"No problem, kiddo." The human replied while lifting the large vegetable. "Where do you want me to put it?"

"Right next to those stairs."

"Got it." and the human carried the pumpkin, and softly placed it next to the stairs. "There we go." he panted while wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Nothing to it." and he had a sit on a nearby bench. Then the others decided to take a break too.

"So, about this predator guy, what does he look like?" asked Flitter

"Well, he looks really cool. I'll show you on my phone with, and without his mask." then he went to Google and showed the four pegasi the kind of alien he was referring to. All of them were rather impressed by how this Yautja looked, with and without his mask.

"That is so cool." said Rumble."

"Yeah, wouldn't want to get bitten by that guy." Thunderlane agreed. "Got a good taste in movies, buddy."

"I know. It's a classic, and like I always say, you can't beat the classics."

"True that." Cloudchaser agreed, then she bumped her hoof with Luke's fist.

"Well I Just wish i can get a costume like that to show off, if not for the price. Three thousand dollars is top of the line, and too steep for me."

The three laughed with him. "Don't worry, Luke. We're not forcing you to dress up. We're just making suggestions."

"I know, I know." Then he promptly got off the bench and proceeded to help setting up the decorations. While putting more pumpkins across the area, Luke was thinking maybe he should dress up in a costume. After all, it was always half the fun on Halloween.

"Here Luke, let me give you a hoof." Said Cloudchaser. She helped Luke with the pumpkins by lifting a few on her back, and the other three followed after.

"And me." Flitter added. And then the work was getting done a bit faster. So far, thanks to their efforts, many parts of Ponyville were ready for the spooky night in the days to come.

"Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!" Said Mayor Mare. "Especially you, Luke. You all did a great job setting up the decorations out here."

"Nothing to it, miss mayor. Always happy to help." Then he noticed Big Mac trying to set up his car with spooky details. "Hey Big Mac, need any help there?" He asked him.

The red stallion stopped putting a pumpkin in the carriage, and halted putting fake spiderweb around it when he noticed the human. "He promptly replied "Eeyup. That would be nice. Thank you so much."

"No problem. So what are you going to be?"

"A werewolf, a really hairy werewolf." He replied. "And you?"

"I... haven't decided yet." Luke replied. "I need to think about it."

"No pressure."

And when the wagon was finished, the four pegasus ponies walked up to him to see if he was doing a good job. "Sp, what are yoy guys gonna be?" He asked all of them.

"I'm gonna be a Shadowbolt." Cloudchaser said. "A really cool Shadowbolt."

"I will be a tiger." Flitter added

"A Lion." Said Rumble.

"And I will be one of Luna's royal guards. The ones with bat wings."

"Gotcha."

Then Lyra and Bon Bon came and walked up to the group. "Hello, Luke." Said the mint green unicorn. "You guys did an amazing job with the place. I even liked how you made some stuff even more spooky."

Luke shrugged and said "I'm kind of a fan of dark things. Not like a goth, but some fascination to it. I have a little bit of Ozzy Osbourne inside of me, my favorite singer. He's been known to bite heads off rubber bats in his younger days."

"Bite the heads off bats?" Said Bon Bon. "That's weird."

'Yeah, the old days were wild times when it comes to music, guys, especially the 80's back then with the mullets, hair metal, and spandex suits."

"Totally! That sounded like an awesome timeline! Mostly in for the hair metal part." Said Cloudchaser. She cleared his throat and asked him "so, we heard you and the others fought the Mane-iac before in a Power Ponies comic."

"Oh, that I did." Luke said boldly. "I was the Green Lion, a rockstar superhero. Me and Spike got to save our friends from Mane-iac ourselves."

All of then we're quite impressed.

Cloudchaser even said "That is so cool. We'll have to try it some time. Where can we get these comics?"

"At the Canterlot house of enchanted Comics. You can see a large sign with a comic book next to it, you can't miss it."

"Hehehe, thanks for the tip." Said Thunderlane. "Well let us know if you are going to fight some crime. I love me a good crime fighting and bringing a lightning bolt of justice."

Luke chuckled. "Sure. I'll let you know." And he took a sip of root beer. While sipping, he was thinking about who he wanted to be. It was a character from the Star Wars he grew up watching at. He wondered if there was a costume for it, but it was only a knock-off, and not so good. "Hmmm, perhaps Rarity can make the costume for me." And out loud, he addressed "I think I know who I want to be?"

Everypony was more than eager to hear what he had to say.

"An alien named Kit Fisto. He's a character from the Star Wars movies, and he looks so weird, yet cool."

"What kind of an alien is he?" Asked Flitter.

"A nautalon. He just looks freaky a little, like a frog or an amphibian. Here i'll show you." The human pulled put his Samsung phone again, and showed them the picture of one of the coolest and greatest jedi of all time.

"Whoa, he does look cool." Said Flitter.

"Ooh, look at his sword." Said Cloudchaser. "What is it?"

"A lightsaber. It is a weapon of a jedi. Keeper of the peace throughout the galaxy."

They all had a look of awe on their faces.

"Nice choice look, especially those dreadlocks he has. I mean, look at him, be is like a fish creature, or frog creature."

"I know, right?" And he thought of how to get it. "Is Rarity good with designing makeup too? At least, to make ponies look like a monster?"

All of them were uncertain about this, but Bon Bon said "well, I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it's worth the shot."

"She's one of my closest friends, I don't think I have anything to worry about." Luke remarked. "Maybe she can help me with that."

Lyra then said "it would be cool if you would dress up like that, it would blow everypony's minds looking like that."

"Exactly. Well, I'll see you guys later. I gotta help Derpy with the lighting..... again."

"Perfectly understandable." Said Rumble. "We'll see yoy soon, Luke."

"By Rumble, guys."

All the group said by to him back as they saw Luke trying to help the gray pegasus with some items she is struggling with

Author's Note:

Luke Smith as Kit Fisto from Star Wars? Will Rarity make it right for him woth monster makeup? How will Nightmare Night turn put for Luke? Find out on the next chapter, coming soon

PreviousChapters Next